dream-supper

dream-supper

Thu, 04/23/2009 - 00:17 by Ananth in response to REM cooking

I've never dreamt of cooking anything, much less cooked it from dream-memory - but Yuko has! When she dreamt of pumpkin and chicken curry, John and I demanded that she make it. It cooked in the crock pot all day, filling the house with dream-smells, and then when evening rolled around we had dream-supper. We ate it out of real bowls with real spoons. On a 1 to 10 Magic scale, it was about an 8.

Phoenix Down shirts are up in the store! Take a look!  For those of you that ordered, we'll be shipping in the next couple of days. Sorry again for the delay - been laid up in bed.

Comments

Whoa.

Comment by Harridan (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 00:26

That sounds yummy! I wish I knew how to make curry in a crock pot.

You guys look like you've

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 00:29

You guys look like you've just heard the words of a holy prophet or something.

As a matter of fact...

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 21:16

Maybe the curry is also the cure for cancer? Also, John's kiiinda making the angry face. I'm not sure if it counts or not though.

dream a dream...

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 00:35

:O pumpkin? ingenius. butbut... where do you get pumpkin from? ...a can? maybe a real pumpkin?? @_@; dream cooking seems very mindboggling.

Recipe?

Comment by kino (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 00:41

Any chance for a recipe for the dream curry?

Seconded

Comment by Dame (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 14:38

I second this comment! It sounds delicious.

The tags

Comment by Generic comment nº5 (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 00:47

I looked at the comic and then the tags for it and... it just me or it is kinda funny?

What? Just because Ananth is

Comment by Bubbles (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:52

What? Just because Ananth is apparently cooking a curry out of John and Yuko?
OMG The dream curry is people! It's people!

DREAM CURRY!

Comment by TheBakachan (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 01:00

Yes please. :D That _does_ sound good. Like this recipe I saw once for pumpkin chili.

lol...dream curry. xD

OMG, that's adorable.

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 01:26

I second, er, third the vote for a recipe! I've only ever seen pumpkin curry at Thai restaurants; is it a Thai recipe?

It is a Yuko recipe! :D

Comment by Ananth Thu, 04/23/2009 - 01:30

It is a Yuko recipe! :D

WOOT WOOT YUKO RECIPE

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 23:59

OM NOM NOM NOM

On the down low...

Comment by Pumpin Eater!!! (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 02:08

PLZ H00KZ UZ UPZ W1D D4 R3C1P13!!! P134Z0RZ!!! \o/ :3

Eeep

Comment by Raevis (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 02:30

I look at your faces and I just think "Join us. Join us."

I've never had curry in my life, though. Is it good?

You know, I was super

Comment by Ananth Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:33

You know, I was super skeptical when I first had it ... it didn't look good to me. But if it's a cold winter day and you're hungry, it's honestly one of the best things you can have. Really hearty, really warm, really filling.

nomnomnom

Comment by Karlee (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 03:31

Ha ha, that's pretty awesome. I often dream about eating food, but not making it.
Last night I dreamt I had the most perfect coffee, but, sad to say, that dream did not materialise today (because I am slack and didn't buy any coffee...).

I second the requests for a recipe :)

The worst thing with cooking

Comment by Sovy Kurosei (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 05:26

The worst thing with cooking in a slow cooker is that the house smells delicious and you can't wait for the food to be done. It is like hanging around the house on Thanksgiving.

You keep meandering over to

Comment by Ananth Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:39

You keep meandering over to the pot to eye it, and then you wistfully walk away ...

I would love to make that!

Comment by David Coffey (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 05:49

but but.... it has pumpkin! I MUST TRY IT!

If you can share the recipe, PLEASE DO!!!

REM curry

Comment by Ben Holmes (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 06:07

I'm a bit curious about that recipe myself, but if Yuko can't remember it then oh well. I'll just have to figure it out myself.

See...

Comment by Brynn (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 06:27

When I glanced at the comic, I thought Yuko made the curry in her sleep.

/thirds requests for recipe, if only to make curry an-pan with it later.

Red or Green Curry?

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 06:31

ZOMG! Chikkinz n punkinz curry! PLZ must haf ingredient list! PLZ PLZ PLZ!

Red or Green Curry?
Coconut?
Pumpkin Pie Spices?

C'mon! PLZ spill da goodz!

is that a kitten on the

Comment by whatwith (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 06:44

is that a kitten on the calendar?

Yes! It is one of those

Comment by Ananth Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:42

Yes! It is one of those goofy cat calendars ... one day we'll do a comic about that ...

Yum!

Comment by Jessie (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 06:47

Well... I've had pumpkin curry before but never have I had pumpkin and chicken curry (together I mean lol). It does sound good though!

Hmmm... maybe if I had a recipe -hint hint- lol XD Naw, I'm kidding...

Hooray!

Comment by rkalajian (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 07:41

Hooray for Dream Curry and RIT shirts!

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

Comment by KimbaChan (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 08:50

I would love to make this dream curry, but my husband doesn't care for pumpkin anything...not even pumpkin pie! I make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that are totally awesome beans, but he won't eat them either.

Hes a cyborg!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 09:54

Not even pumpkin pie? He must be a cyborg or something! I would die without my pumpkins!

D:

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Fri, 04/24/2009 - 00:02

I would totally eat your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. You can buy a pumpkin chocolate chip cake at Whole Foods sometimes, and it too is awesome.

if it wasn't a real food, it

Comment by darrylayo (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 08:54

if it wasn't a real food, it is now! that sounds amazing.

Hrmm...pumpkin curry?!

Comment by Chris (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 09:51

Sounds delicious! I know this has been asked, but...if its not too much trouble, you wouldn't happen to remember the recipe for it would you Yuko?

So...whats a

Comment by Bryce (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 09:55

10 on the magic scale then?

Unicorn steak, probably.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:44

Unicorn steak, probably.

If you ever figure out how to make one of those ...

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 20:25

Let me know.

My wife and I are new food people. We'll try anything.

Even Unicorn Steak.

Hurray dream food!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:47

I made a dream pizza one time. It had cabbage, basil and garlic. It was pretty good.

Also: curry recipe, y/y?

So... about that

Comment by Bubbles (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:50

So... about that recipe....
Do not be hoarding the dream foods, spread the curry love upon the world!

Curry = Love

Comment by Jena (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 10:59

That sounds absolutely delicious, and as much as it seems to be turning into a guarded secret (no replies to the people asking for the recipe?) it would be immensely appreciated if you could just let the world know, if it hasn't become forgotten, what the recipe was...

... Pretty please? With sugar on top, and a cherry?

Cool way to eat curry

Comment by MarkyMark (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 11:42

Take some naan. Put it in a bowel, make sure it comforms to the shape of the bowl (put a pebble in the middle if you need to).

Bake it until it keeps it's shape (like 10min at 350 I think will do it).

Eat your curry out of a delicious bowl, that you can take bites out of while you devour dream curry!

That sounds awesome!Also,

Comment by Ananth Thu, 04/23/2009 - 12:32

That sounds awesome!

Also, dude, "Put it in a bowel" has to be the most uncomfortable typo ever ...

i never get dream food, i

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 11:59

i never get dream food, i always get empty bowls and have to imagine the food being there like in Hook.

Now I'm hungry

Comment by Brian (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 12:34

Screw the recipe. Put some in a thermos and mail it to me.

Or a recipe.
Whatever.

Hungry T_T

Recipe Please?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 13:07

Yuko, can we have a recipe for those amazingly delicious pumpkin and chicken curry? PLEASE?

Pumpkin-and-chicken curry

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 15:34

No two words in that sentence sound like they should be together. Especially 'pumpkin' and 'curry'.

Nope, Pumpkin and curry goes well together

Comment by Jedai (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 05:18

In fact there are several traditional recipe for pumpkin curry. I myself never ate one though, but I have a pretty good taste imagination and I can see how that would be awesome.

Once more Johns' Face with the evils

Comment by Jacob H (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 15:42

Again with the angry face John... you need to be more calm and assertive!

either that or Yuko can just say that you happy/calm :P

Now I'm watching

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Thu, 04/23/2009 - 21:19

Yeah, I noticed this too. I think I'll check for John's expression in every new comic now, to see if he's always got that face or what. :D

late to the game on this one

Comment by ritsuka (not verified) Mon, 04/27/2009 - 14:25

'make us your dream curry.' -you guys get all the best lines!

me and my roommates once made this, i guess risotto thing? Brown and Wild rice, simmered with mushroom broth and combined with butternut-squash, walnuts & cranberries. Pretty damn tasty (and vegetarian)!

Alavert

Comment by Becka (not verified) Wed, 05/27/2009 - 21:24

Hello everyone. The best way out is always through. Help me! Can not find sites on the: Alavert. I found only this - Alavert reactions. Synthroid? Can being off synthroid medicine for three days cause sudden depression and can I take synthroid and a bovine supplement thytrophin pmg made. Low on thyroid, use synthroid to your benefit. Thank ;-) Becka from Paraguay.

Phoenix down shirts?

Comment by JesseT77 (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 16:40

Srsly guys, make moar shirts. :3 I need shirts but I have to buy 3 or more to make the S/H worth it, and don't want to look like I'm rewearing the same shirt.

Besides, is that really you two modeling them?!!? C'mon, let's put more shirts on you guys ;D

In other news, Alavert comment above mine (below Ritsuka) is spam. Just being helpful.

For the longest time, this

Comment by Evey (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 17:30

For the longest time, this was the only brand of curry I was aware of. I've been eating it since I was about 3 or 4 in various forms. I love it! I've never fixed it the way you suggest though, I'm really going to have to try it.

And no, by no means is it healthy, but all the best things aren't.