Yuko's off to Japan!

Yuko's off to Japan!

Wed, 06/03/2009 - 23:41 by Ananth in response to a lesson in appropriate attire

So Conrad has a collection of t-shirts that he wears only at home, because they are comfortable and old and not something you would necessarily want to wear in public. Everyone has these kinds of clothes, the kind they wear when they're lounging around the house. Not all of us wear them to the liquor store, though, and herein lies young Conrad's dilemma! At the very least, I'm sure it's an invitation to get carded.

Yuko is off to Japan for two weeks! Please join me in wishing her a safe trip and an awesome visit! Don't worry, she drew some comics before she left. ;)

I mentioned this in the last post, but if you missed it - there are new things in the store! Take a look, perhaps something will catch your fancy. Here is a print that makes me smile, it is of a girl with cats (click through the image to go to the store):

Have a good weekend, guys and gals!

Comments

Gotta Catch 'em All!!

Comment by Ron (not verified) Wed, 06/03/2009 - 23:50

Wear it with pride, Conrad!! I wear my Green Lantern shirt everywhere, and if I had an Xavier Institute of Higher Learning one, I'd wear that one too! I just haven't found the right one yet.

Conradchu I choose you!!

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 00:02

This comic was funny as hell,I still got the sniggles.I have shirts like that too,and I have no same in wearing them in public let alone the liquor,especially my Mario and Zelda shirts.Down in '85 fo sho!

I miss my Pokemon attire... :(

Comment by William (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 00:31

Hahaha! I used to always do the same thing! What can I say? Pokemon is for playa's.

Also, you should add this to the meme generator! I can just see it now...

Conrad: I cast Thunderbolt, and flee!
Ananth: Oh jeez- Conrad!
Ananth: The attack was ineffective!

Mo' like Flamethrower.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Fri, 06/05/2009 - 10:32

It's been proven time and time again that if Conrad was a pokemon, he'd be a Fire type.

I think the toaster oven

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/05/2009 - 10:44

I think the toaster oven involuntarily designated all of us as fire type!

Heh, I was just trying to roll with the shirt design. :P

Comment by William (not verified) Fri, 06/05/2009 - 15:48

Ananth used toaster fire! It was super effective!

Anyway, even I occasionally leave the house wearing an old Sesame Street shirt, or Poliwhirl socks. I guess we all have those embarrassing articles of clothing we can't bring ourselves to get rid of. However, I would be concerned if he never left the house without his deck of Pokemon cards. :)

Hmm...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 00:50

I have no clue what that t-shirt was about. Then again, I'm in the "Kill 'Em All" camp when it comes to Pokemon.

well...

Comment by Jason (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 01:40

young Conrad has nothing to be ashamed! wear it with pride (and your Con-ye glasses)!

i still have my ex-gf's high school physical education tshirt! they got the one-size-fits-all kinda deal at her school so hers is kinda big (she was - and still is - petite and slightly skinny) but just the right size for me! this shirt i wear when i go out with friends!

i also have a battle of the planets (gatchaman or g-force, depends on what part of the planet you grew up) shirt in baby blue! that really makes me look like a retro geek!

Hehee... Conrad, you are

Comment by Cassidy (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 07:43

Hehee... Conrad, you are quite the hip and styling man with your Con-ye glasses and Pokemon tees.

Have a safe trip, Yuko! Hope you have fun.

日本!

Comment by Eidalac (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 07:44

Have a bad-ass trip Yuko!

Man, it's been a year since my trip to Japan. Now I'm sad. :(

Japan Rules!

LOL, Ananth, I love your

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 07:57

LOL, Ananth, I love your panic-stricken pose! XD Awesome job as always, Yuko, and have a great trip! Drink some nice cold mugi-cha for me. ;^;

No you don't understand I

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/05/2009 - 10:45

No you don't understand I was seriously worried! We are in our pleasant nerd bubble here, but what happens when we step into the real world?!

Stepping out of the bubble

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 10:05

The things that happen when you all step out into the real world usually winds up as a panel for the comic, so at least it is documented for future reference or to teach the youth what could befall them as an adult. I use the word adult merely on a biological means, growing up mentally is over rated.

"A Man's Man"

Comment by Rizareth (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 08:53

He's a bad-ass, that's what he is.

Don't get eaten by the deer at Nara!

Comment by Kristen (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 10:02

Have fun Yuko. Enjoy the trip to Japan. Especially the sushi! It's my favorite to eat (not the shrimp ones though >_<). Tell us all about it when you get back.

Most of stay safe and get to the airport early.

woops

Comment by Kristen (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 10:06

Meant to say: Most of all stay safe and get to the airport early. See this is why my teachers tell me to read my writing before I turn it in!

Tell Yuko to have an

Comment by Cheri (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 13:11

Tell Yuko to have an awesome, and infinitely more important, SAFE trip!

Have a great trip

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 13:32

Have a great trip Yuko!

Sadly my lazy day shirts are shirt I've had since junior high...which means I'm still that short and for some reason liquor stores like to card people wearing old school Power Ranger shirts.

Could've been

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 14:57

Could've been worse...
Conrad's street cred would've never recovered had it been a pink Hanna Montana tee.

BTW, I took the Gonte Panic Stare panel from the last comic and rendered it into a tiled wallpaper on my pc for grinz 'n giggles. The effect is disturbing...yet strangely hypnotic...
ALL HAIL HYPNO CAT!

Street cred be damned.

Comment by stevehill (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 17:56

I'm positive he could pull it off.

Oh god, that sounds

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/05/2009 - 10:47

Oh god, that sounds terrifying

*shudder*

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 02:21

Imagine it with the glasses. the world would collapse in on itself from the nerdiness

the frettingest

Comment by ritsuka (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 15:22

At this point you'd think that would be old enough to become "ironic." So old it's cool you could say, whatever though!

I hope Yuko's trip is very safe & fun!

*off to play Leaf Green

Nope, it has yet to cross

Comment by conrad Fri, 06/05/2009 - 14:16

Nope, it has yet to cross the "ironic" threshold. I only know this because my father once asked me to buy him a pack of cigarettes, and I tried to do so, only before being refused sale and remembering I was wearing this shirt on my way out the door.

I want!

Comment by Riri (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 16:56

I want a pokemon T-shirt. I was out classed at naming that pokemon the other night. I was ashamed. It was freaking Graveler I should know that. But no. Out classed by someone way older then me.

Have fun in Japan Yuko. I'll be going to Hawaii at the end of the summer.

Team Conrad blasting off agaaaaaaainnn

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 18:47

I could think of worse things to wear to a liquor store...and yes, I agree with Virtual Bob; a pink Hannah Montana shirt would be one of those things. XD

Have a great time Yuko! =)

OMG

Comment by Kirimon (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 20:18

That title is the BOMB!

I think that title will

Comment by Ananth Fri, 06/05/2009 - 10:48

I think that title will probably find its way into our daily speech. Thank you!

LOL

Comment by Razor (not verified) Fri, 06/05/2009 - 11:28

You guys are awesome. That made my day. XD

Have a BLAST Yuko!

Comment by Kirimon (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 20:17

Hope your trip is fun and safe. Please bring lots of stories back to share!

Awww man! What I would give to have a pokemon shirt! Then I would really fit my nickname. (look above lol)

Odd t-shirts

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 06/04/2009 - 21:27

When I started football in the sixth grade I wore a Pokemon shirt over the pads. Because I accidentally practiced with Freshman instead of JV, long story, they didn't know my name, so they referred to me as Pokemon.

Awesome shirt

Comment by Jacob (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 06:39

Where might I purchase that shirt, Conrad?

Yikes!

Comment by Sigrid (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 16:29

How old IS that shirt? Pikachu is still an all-time favorite.

People do look at you funny

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 10:06

People do look at you funny on the train when your playing mario kart on your DS against their 8 year old kids.

Well, I'm a bit late, but I

Comment by Javier (not verified) Fri, 06/12/2009 - 19:30

Well, I'm a bit late, but I hope her trip goes awesomely. Also, that is a great print. I'm totally getting one.

I've a similar shirt...

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Mon, 06/15/2009 - 17:49

Only it's a monotreme flipping the bird and saying something rude...

I try to not wear it out of the house, but mistakes have been made. Thank goodness for emergency shirts.

I would totally end up doing

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 06/28/2010 - 20:32

I would totally end up doing that once I turn 21.

Except I have no interest in adult stuff. But I'd still get carded at dance clubs.