Toaster Oven Runners Up!!

Toaster Oven Runners Up!!

Fri, 06/05/2009 - 13:21 by Conrad

As promised, here are the runners up for the toaster oven contest! My comments about them are inside of the text field on the lightbox that opens when you click on them. I felt this was the least-intrusive way to get these to you guys. Let me know if you absolutely hate it; I'll yank this functionality.

Oh, and apologies for my tardiness. The gang and I are getting ready to move to NYC, and we've all been pretty frantic. As comeuppance, though I have a huge announcement for Johnny Wander readers coming up. I'm hoping to deliver it in a couple weeks. Look forward to it! :D

I guess that's enough for now. Take care everyone, and thanks again for your understanding!

Comments

*SNORT*

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Fri, 06/05/2009 - 15:15

LOL, these are very awesome. :D

You guys are moving to NYC?

Comment by Carly Schonberg (not verified) Fri, 06/05/2009 - 15:24

You guys are moving to NYC? All of you??? When that happens, LET'S BE FRIENDS AGAIN!! like the kind that hang out and do stuff sometimes! I don't have anybody to do nerdy Japanese karaoke with...

fresh

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 06/05/2009 - 21:16

Inspector Gadget ftw! The funniest ones take a different track and don't follow the theme of the original.

The one about John being a

Comment by m-bo (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 00:16

The one about John being a fire was the best, I loved it. I spat out the milkshake I was drinking into my keyboard. Thanks.

I just about peed myself to

Comment by SBKT (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 10:34

I just about peed myself to see my Alchemy one mentioned. If I offended Yuko, I apologize. I greatly value my body being intact.

I really liked the borrowed toaster oven one.

It surprises me not that

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 13:57

It surprises me not that Googling 'Japanese Alchemy Powers' turns up so many "FullMetal Alchemist" hits. So, let's say Yuko gets the automail (cuz it's so nerdy-cool), does that mean Conrad's soul will be bound to a suit of armor (and will it be wearing a Pokemon t-shirt)?

I can't stop laughing

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 12:11

These are awesome. The banter one was great.

I liked the pope one

Comment by Aperture (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 19:06

I liked the pope one

my fav is the inspector

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Sat, 06/06/2009 - 20:05

my fav is the inspector gadget one. I always used to watch that show as a kid

Inspector Gadget

Comment by TehWRYYYYY (not verified) Sun, 06/07/2009 - 06:23

Giggity! i got a runner-up prize!
I've never won anything before, but i bet a silver in the Olympics feels something like this

and by "prize" i am of

Comment by TehWRYYYYY (not verified) Sun, 06/07/2009 - 06:25

and by "prize" i am of course referring to the fame

Wait, really? Which one was

Comment by conrad Mon, 06/08/2009 - 14:03

Wait, really? Which one was yours??

If I had to guess...

Comment by Aperture (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 23:27

I'd have to say it's the inspector gadget one since that's the title of his comment.

O-oh ... indeed ... man,

Comment by conrad Tue, 06/09/2009 - 00:42

O-oh ... indeed ... man, programmer I am, but observant I am not.

Typecasted

Comment by Feuer Faust (not verified) Sun, 06/07/2009 - 23:22

Runner up. :D

Makes me warm and fuzzy inside!

Haha, the last one

Comment by MarkyMark (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 08:36

Really, the last one should have won if it wasn't so mean. It's a good thing I wasn't judging these.

Oh some of these are

Comment by HelloHands! (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 19:20

Oh some of these are awesome.

Link for Pope! Link for Pope!

NYC?

Comment by Magnetic Crow (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 23:31

Moving back to New York? Aww. What's wrong with MD?
You guys have been living within a few miles of me, and now I feel all sad for not aggressively hunting you down to have tea with you. Fellow artists and nerds need to stick together.

Nothing particularly "wrong"

Comment by conrad Tue, 06/09/2009 - 00:48

Nothing particularly "wrong" with MD; just following opportunity and adventure where they take us. Still, cool you live around here; are you from Metro-DC?

Runner-up ftw!

Comment by Angela (not verified) Mon, 06/08/2009 - 23:44

Also, poor Comic Sans... All it wants is to be loved. :'(

No, it just wants to make

Comment by conrad Tue, 06/09/2009 - 00:44

No, it just wants to make terrible inhuman babies with WordArt and Clip Art on bake sale signs, that's what it wants!

Why are ALL the runner ups

Comment by Cap'n (not verified) Tue, 06/09/2009 - 01:27

Why are ALL the runner ups coming up as the one posted as the winner? All the thumbnails look like it and are the same image when I click on them too.

Broken site is broken. :(

Comment by conrad Tue, 06/09/2009 - 02:03

Tested this in Safari3+4(Win/Mac), FF3(Win/Mac), IE6+7, Chrome2, all show correct results. Apparently I can't replicate ... what browser are you on?

I should note that even in the absence of Javascript the thumbnails still point to unique images, so they should just open and present my comments on hover.

I'm on Firefox. I'm pretty

Comment by Cap'n (not verified) Fri, 06/12/2009 - 04:13

I'm on Firefox. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, but for me, each of the thumbnails (at least the few on the first row I clicked) all just brought up the same comic. I'll try it again later in IE.

Ok I feel incredibly stupid.

Comment by Cap'n (not verified) Fri, 06/12/2009 - 04:17

Ok I feel incredibly stupid. I thought that the contest was about people drawing their OWN JW strip and so I was expecting each comic to have it's own images. I have NOW come to the realization that it's all the same image set, but the WORDS are different.

I think if there is a crown for lack of observational skills, I would be wearing three stacked on top right now. ><

I am tempted to laugh at myself though. That was just a stupid mistake to make. Obviously I wasn't paying attention to the contest (though I thought I was). haha

Last one, I swear!

Comment by Cap'n (not verified) Fri, 06/12/2009 - 04:23

I have to admit the Inspector Gadget one was my favorite. I loved that cartoon as a kid!

The Pope one...

Comment by The-Defenestrator (not verified) Tue, 06/09/2009 - 02:18

It was mine and I must flail in glee and thankfulness at getting a runner-up spot and comments of love from people! It makes me feel so unimportantly cool... But cool's the rule!

I have little to no idea what that last sentence meant...

Yeah, I thought the pope one

Comment by Jukebox (not verified) Tue, 06/09/2009 - 02:40

Yeah, I thought the pope one was most definitely in the top 3.

Daw!

Comment by The-Defenestrator (not verified) Thu, 06/11/2009 - 01:49

Thanks! :D I'm glad people liked it!

I just realized (far too

Comment by Jukebox (not verified) Tue, 06/09/2009 - 02:39

I just realized (far too late) that this could reference one of those old school GI Joe parody videos.

first panel
"Pork chop sandwiches"

Second panel
"Oh shit! Get the fuck ou-"

Last panel

Then again, it could simply be because my friends and I watched that far too often back in they day.

hey guys. Ah- you know

Comment by TehWRYYYYY (not verified) Wed, 06/10/2009 - 08:27

hey guys. Ah- you know whats funny? these people, they go to sleep -they think everythings fine, everythings good... they wake up the next day and they're on fire

home appliances

Comment by E (not verified) Wed, 06/10/2009 - 16:25

I'm very happy that I'm a runner up, but very sad that you don't own a real oven.
Maybe you can get one when you move to NY :3

Burning Bush

Comment by yumster1 (not verified) Thu, 06/11/2009 - 16:31

Ahahahaha. I can't believe my funky biblical pick up line got a runner up. Awesomeness! XD

Doo doo doo doo doo, Inspector Gadget

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 06/11/2009 - 19:54

They're all hysterical (esp Link for Pope and Japanese Alchemy) but the IG one was definitely awesome.

CURRY

Comment by gazzamuso (not verified) Thu, 06/18/2009 - 09:45

mmmmm, dream curry is ftw in my book.

The one about John being a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 06/24/2009 - 10:24

The one about John being a fire was the best, I loved it. I spat out the milkshake I was drinking into my keyboard . Thanks.

Caralluma fimbriata

Comment by Caralluma fimbriata (not verified) Sun, 07/26/2009 - 06:06

Subject of your website is interesting for me, bookmarked
regards bxansamo

Expekt

Comment by expekt (not verified) Mon, 07/27/2009 - 01:34

Good work, your blog is very interesting, bookmarked
genfuthr