Coffee pt. 2

Coffee pt. 2

Thu, 06/11/2009 - 02:06 by Ananth in response to she only likes real coffee

If this comic looks familiar, you're not crazy - it's remarkably similar to one we did a while ago. In the same way that I can't deal with coffee, Yuko can't deal with any of the super sweet drinks that I tend to favor ... most recently the Starbucks green tea frappucino. One new development since that last strip is that I started drinking tea - a lot of it! I got pretty sick the past couple of months, and so tea has become a staple, especially during the colder months.

Actually, let me let you guys in on a secret: I usually get an extra shot of syrup in my drinks ... the normal drinks aren't sweet enough for me. It's actually gotten to the point that I consider it to be something of a personal failing ... I'm young so my metabolism is high, but my sweet tooth will undo me in the end. Any of you guys have a sweet tooth? How do you get it under control?

(I like the spitting sounds in this comic, I think they are pretty true to life)

That's the last of the comics I have! Next week is a guest week, I think you'll be happy to see some familiar faces. ;) See you then!

Comments

I had a sweet tooth in High

Comment by Fedora Joe (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 17:45

I had a sweet tooth in High School. Then I went to Japan for two years and that got rid of it fairly thoroughly. So... I guess my advice is move somewhere where sweets are not to be had. It worked for me.

Frappiness

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 20:02

You should sub peppermint syrup instead of classic in the green tea frappucino. It is how I got chubby working at Starbucks.

I have a wicked bad sweet

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 21:00

I have a wicked bad sweet tooth as well. Generally I don't have cash to constantly buy candy, though. Just found this comic - I like it a lot! Keep up the good work!

green tea fraps

Comment by Maku (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 22:12

I actually work at a starbucks (sort of, it's one of those that's in a barnes and noble) and after I time I got to the point where I can't drink them anymore....save for the green tea ones.

they're actually horrible for you as most delicious things are but if you want to try something, ask for raspberry syrup in your green tea frap/latte. It turns it a gross shade of greyish-brown but it is quite tasty.

green tea starbucks

Comment by Arkz (not verified) Thu, 06/18/2009 - 05:33

i love the green tea frappucino tho it is pretty sweet

I don't , I love the sweet

Comment by Lurklen (not verified) Thu, 06/18/2009 - 14:00

I don't , I love the sweet foods, six thousand dollers worth of dental work kinda got it out of my system for a while though.

My downfall is definitely

Comment by Lupus Draconis (not verified) Thu, 06/18/2009 - 21:39

My downfall is definitely chocolate. I'll buy a bag of those lovely Lindor truffles, mean to save them, and have them all gone by the end of the night.

Though this might not be suiting for someone with such a sweet-tooth, for chocolate-obsessives out there, I like buying a bar of baker's chocolate, biting of a square centimeter of it, and letting it melt on my tongue. It's strong, but that's kinda the point. :D

Death to Starbucks...

Comment by berryr (not verified) Tue, 06/23/2009 - 17:48

In my opinion, Starbucks ruined their green tea frap. (At least here, and I think they did it everywhere), when they changed from having melon in it to only syrup. Worst idea they've ever had.

Pancreatic Pleasure

Comment by Urban Primitive (not verified) Sun, 07/05/2009 - 14:08

Sweet tooth control is really tough to figure out, but once you crack the code for yourself it gets easier.
My blood sugar is rather sensitive, so I have to be very careful (refined sugar no more than once every two weeks). What I've noticed is that eating or drinking something sweet usually leaves me wanting more, because I have a taste of sweetness, but I'm not really satisfied. No matter how much I have I'll always want more, as long as it's a processed sugar. Fruit doesn't leave me feeling that way, but anything with High Fructose Syrup (there's a reason it's banned in the E.U.) or sugar leaves me feeling like a junky.

Try reducing sugar and replacing it with honey, agave, or brown rice sweeteners. Consider pairing sugary snacks with protein to balance the glycemic index. And remember that different sugars metabolize differently. The closer you can get to the source of the sweetness (fruits, vegetables, honey) the easier they are on your body. That makes it easier to listen to your natural cravings for nutrients instead of the all consuming need for sweet.

Those are some basics. If you want any more info I'd love to help. Good luck to you and your pancreas!

Pull it.

Comment by Ian Benjamin (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:58

Pull it.

Sweet Tooth Commiseration

Comment by Kirrei (not verified) Sun, 09/27/2009 - 17:48

I -crave- sweet things, especially all the bulk packs of sour candy they have at Safeway and Target and stuff.

But, as it turns out, my metabolism is so fast that eating anything sweet without a full meal to go with it results in crippling nausea (damn you, insulin!), shaking and an unwillingness to eat actual food.

I suggest convincing yourself that drinking stuff without as much sugar in it makes you seem more manly. Y'know, if you're into the whole 'maybe if I think it it'll be true' thing. And the 'manly' thing.

Also you can't see me because I'm covering my eyes with both hands.

Sweet tooth.