AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

Mon, 06/15/2009 - 23:16 by Ananth in response to guest comic - I'LL FORM THE LEGS

(If you are commenting and your comment doesn't show up right away, wait about 5 minutes! We're caching in order to handle the rush from Questionable Content. Thanks!)

Hey guys! So here's the first guest comic of the week, written and illustrated by the especially talented Jeph Jacques! It is a thrill having this, since I'm a big fan of Questionable Content and I've been really impressed with how far it - and Jeph - have come along since the comic's inception. I'm a nerd for your comics man!

When he sent this guest strip over I about did a spit-take ... not to say that Yuko and I have ever done this before, but ... well, we have. Also, you should understand that when Jeph draws himself picking Yuko up like a bag of feathers, it is pretty accurate. I think he could probably pick me up like a bag of feathers. And then throw me like one. Probably. But he wouldn't! W-would he?

Thanks a mil Jeph! We will be sure to return the favor in kind.

Oh, and if you've meandered over from QC - welcome! Take a look around, hope you like what you see. :D

In other less exciting news, we added a Project Wonderful ad! It is open to all.

Comments

I really see Jeph doing

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Mon, 06/15/2009 - 23:21

I really see Jeph doing that, lol. kudos to Jeph for a great guest strip.

Yeah, it cracks me up every

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:00

Yeah, it cracks me up every time I look at it. XD

I immediately thought of

Comment by Michael M. (not verified) Mon, 06/15/2009 - 23:27

I immediately thought of that book "Freak the Mighty."

I forseeeee a Halloweeeeeeen costuuuuuuuume.

Lols for Jeph.

:o I've read that book! Such

Comment by enchantedsleeper (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 11:41

:o I've read that book! Such a sad ending ;___;

(ohai spoilers kinda for anyone who hasn't read it)

Butts LOL

Comment by Alcnolien (not verified) Mon, 06/15/2009 - 23:27

I'm just seriously loving the shirts somehow.

Man, now I wanna do that to

Comment by Brian (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:02

Man, now I wanna do that to my short friends.
I promise to send pictures if I ever actually do that.

They'd probably knee me in the groin before I get the chance though.

Wow... Did anyone else do a

Comment by Alex Mitchell (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:21

Wow... Did anyone else do a flashback to "Mecha-Shiva" on the Venture Bros?
cause... let me tell you. I did, and am still laughing my head off.

Comment by MarkShark (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 08:45

Entirely.

Completely

Comment by ben graff (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 02:42

MECHA-SHIVA! MECHA-SHIVA! MECHA-SHIVA!

Yessss :D I totally did

Comment by Armaina (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 11:27

Yessss :D I totally did

Ananth/Yuko: (:, l:, o.O, D:, o:, o.o? (Jeph: :D)

Comment by StephenB (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:28

Lol, the expressions on your faces throughout the comic were awesome, especially Jeph's in panel 2. I remember you guys getting a cameo in QC, but I didn't realize you guys actually knew each other irl. xD

So what happened to the site earlier? Flooded by Jeph's link to JohnnyWander?

Yes ;_; We acted quickly!

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:32

Yes ;_; We acted quickly!

Project Wonderfully Creepy

Comment by StephenB (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:45

Haha, well, I hope it gets more people to appreciate JohnnyWander (which is superb, by the way). :D

+1 to George for the ad. xD

*forehead slap*

Comment by StephenB (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:47

Remove last line (or name), plz. D:
(should've refreshed the page before posting)

Mecha-Shiva Indeed

Comment by George Rohac (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:31

Yeah, I thought of Mecha-Shiva BUT I thought more-of the Voltron Episode of Season 3. With Jonas Jr.

Also who took out that creepy text ad.

i dunno i mean he must be a

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:32

i dunno i mean he must be a real creep

i wonder who it is

venture brothers

Comment by Ben Graff (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 02:43

FIRE THE LIGHTNING CANON!

Came over from QC, liked

Comment by Another face in the crowd (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 00:46

Came over from QC, liked what I saw, read the archives, and I gotta say.. I love it! This is a great comic!

Grumble grumble can't believe I didn't hear of it before grumble.

I agree

Comment by Atalanta (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 16:43

entirely - bookmarked!

I'm also sad that I hadn't

Comment by molly beth (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 23:03

I'm also sad that I hadn't found this before. However, it's bookmarked now... and I'm definitely getting a phoenix t-shirt. They're gorgeous.

(*went all the way through the archives today*) ^_^

same here, came over, read

Comment by vetinari (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 18:21

same here, came over, read entire thing in a day, loved every bit, bookmarked. life is good. gota new comic to read now. :D

Thanks for the comic guys!

Comment by JayNormous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 21:29

Found this comic while doing my morning webcomic update check (one of which is QC). I then spent the better part of the day sneakily reading through the archives at work. I also discovered Applegeeks and am working my way through that one.

Great comic guys, keep it up!
-Jnorm

Everything said in the above

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 22:26

Everything said in the above post is everything I intended to say when commenting.

QC'er reporting in.

Comment by Anonymous (no, notta /b/tard thnx) (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:00

noticed Jeph's shirt changing. I laughed. excellent comic, and i enjoyed reading the archives. =)

I'm a huge QC fan, but I'm

Comment by Dan (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:07

I'm a huge QC fan, but I'm pretty picky and the only comics I've followed have been QC and XKCD.... until now!! You guys are awesome!

You're too kind man! So glad

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:02

You're too kind man! So glad you enjoyed it!

Ahaha, I love the changing

Comment by kalstolyn (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:19

Ahaha, I love the changing shirt.

Actually it's more like

Comment by Forewarned76 (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:20

Actually it's more like Gurren Lagann

That show is so crazy ... !

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:03

That show is so crazy ... !

SPIN ON, MECHA YUKO-ANANTH!

Comment by Matt (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 11:08

SPIN ON, MECHA YUKO-ANANTH!

AHHHHHHH! IT'S A MECHA

Comment by GauntletWizard (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:24

AHHHHHHH! IT'S A MECHA YUKO-ANANTH!

*Squish*

BOOKMARK'D!

Comment by Nick (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:27

Avid QC reader, now a Johnny Wander reader!

I love autobiographical comicing, and I really enjoy your content and style.

Keep it up and I'll keep reading!

Little people

Comment by BrickJAK BouncerPants (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:33

*chuckles*

So glad that I'm not the only one who has a habit of doing stuff like that to my smaller friends.

When Polysics played my club earlier this decade, I made their merch guy bust out laughing because I had picked up one of the smaller girls who was a regular of the club and asked:

"Chibi Kawai, nai?"

Honestly I don't know if he was laughing due to my extremely mangled attempt at japanese ... or from looking at the 4'10" blonde gothling dangling about two feet off the ground.

Hahaha, that paints a funny

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:04

Hahaha, that paints a funny picture.

Also POLYSICS!! A+++

awesome!

Comment by Jason (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:42

i read QC an JW! this is like a superhero crossover, only without the fighting and the costumes and the powers...but with more laughs!

good job, Jeph! this made me laugh!

hey im a visitor from qc. i

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:52

hey im a visitor from qc. i like your stuff. keep it up. i have you bookmarked :D

another qc'er

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:55

and now im a johnny wander....er i think. yeah. bookmarked SHAZAM!!!!

Haha. I wonder if Jeph is

Comment by Lotus (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 01:56

Haha. I wonder if Jeph is really going to make that Yaoi Zone shirt.

This comic provided major lawls. Awesome guest strip. B)

I love Johnny Wander! THANK YOU BRINGING PURE AWESOME TO THE INTERNET YUKO AND ANANTH.

You're welcome, but you're

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:04

You're welcome, but you're too kind!

Visiting

Comment by Merlock (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 02:03

I'm really glad Jeph did this guest strip, now I have another great comic to read. Your art and writing really brings pleasure to my eyes. Thank you.

Gigas

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 02:20

I have a co-worker who's about Jeph's size and girth,and I'm pretty sure he could pick up *anyone* like a bag of feathers and throw them because he I've seen this man pull pallets of doubled-stacked water and dogfood by himself.Thanks for the nightmares Jeph!

*Girlish Squeal*

Comment by TwilliK (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 03:01

From the moment I heard this was happening, I was all like "OMG super crossover yay awesome" and Jeph didn't disappoint.

I wish I could be all like "Hey I read your archive and it was awesome." but I've been with you guys on this strange adventure since page (strip?) 1 or 2 (or possibly 3, but it was really early). Keep up the insanely awesome work.

So, uh...

Comment by AJ (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 03:04

...I forget which, but I had linked to your comic from a different one before, went back to the first one and I dismissed it--not reading any further. I can't offer much of an excuse for why I didn't give you guys a chance, but I'm so glad that Jeph gave the opportunity for me to take a second glance your way. Your comic is so cool! It's very QC and Wasted Talent-esque with some Octopus Pie thrown in for good measure.

I just spent the last hour or so reading from the beginning (including the news posts) and I'm glad to say I've now bookmarked this comic.

Sorry it wasn't love at first sight, but I can safely say I'm not going anywhere now. :D

I love QC!

Comment by Gwynneth (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 03:15

I totally heard about this comic from the QC site! This is so awesome!

GATTAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Toraneko (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 03:47

GATTAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super-appreciation time

Comment by ARLO (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 04:00

i'm a big QC fan
and apparently a newly addicted junkie to you guys
great job and keep the laughs coming

Oh wow...

Comment by Geoff (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 05:40

This was great. I've never had any friends small enough (and I've never been strong enough) to do that to, but it certainly does look amusing.

I've seen a few of the QC strips linked by Twitterers or you guys here, but now I definitely want to read them.

I love the changing shirts, and after looking again to see the shirts, I noticed Jeph has Yuko's bird tattooed all over his arm. Is that real, or just for the comic? Either way, it's great.

Also, I always hover my mouse over the comic to see what you guys call the images, and this one was "guest strip 03". Are you doing them in reverse, or just out of order?

stoppin in from QC, funny

Comment by tarlonis (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 05:57

stoppin in from QC, funny guest comic to be sure.
I'll check out your archives now =)

Super Jeph

Comment by Joy Vision (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 06:17

So his power is super strength and t-shirt changing ability...or is that his costume?

Yaoi zone...ha. i think..

hahaha i'm a huge fan QC and

Comment by Boomer (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 06:28

hahaha i'm a huge fan QC and Johnny Wander... and Apple Geeks for that matter, which is how i found Johnny Wander... but when i caught the first glance of the comic, I immediately thought "hahaha it's Jeph!"

I love you're comic! Keep up the awesome work!