AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

AND I'LL FORM THE HEAD

Mon, 06/15/2009 - 23:16 by Ananth in response to guest comic - I'LL FORM THE LEGS

(If you are commenting and your comment doesn't show up right away, wait about 5 minutes! We're caching in order to handle the rush from Questionable Content. Thanks!)

Hey guys! So here's the first guest comic of the week, written and illustrated by the especially talented Jeph Jacques! It is a thrill having this, since I'm a big fan of Questionable Content and I've been really impressed with how far it - and Jeph - have come along since the comic's inception. I'm a nerd for your comics man!

When he sent this guest strip over I about did a spit-take ... not to say that Yuko and I have ever done this before, but ... well, we have. Also, you should understand that when Jeph draws himself picking Yuko up like a bag of feathers, it is pretty accurate. I think he could probably pick me up like a bag of feathers. And then throw me like one. Probably. But he wouldn't! W-would he?

Thanks a mil Jeph! We will be sure to return the favor in kind.

Oh, and if you've meandered over from QC - welcome! Take a look around, hope you like what you see. :D

In other less exciting news, we added a Project Wonderful ad! It is open to all.

Comments

Hooray new enjoyable things!

Comment by Ven (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 06:58

So, I love QC, and while I should be sleeping I accidentally-on-purpose clicked Jeph's link, which brought me here. I was not aware I'd be addicted to a new comment, and be subsequently forced to read it when I should be sleeping so I don't hate myself in three hours when I am supposed to wake up.

Came over by way of QC...

Comment by Bill (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 07:19

...and you have a new reader. Added the strip to my feeds. Keep up the great work!

Mecha Yuko-Ananth

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 07:35

I think you guys need to start practicing this. Pull it out whenever somebody mixes up your food order or somebody tries to step on a church in your town.

This is wonderful, I love

Comment by Falcon (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 07:36

This is wonderful, I love this comic. As well as all the others, keep up the good work, I will be sure to add this site to my bookmarks XD

QC/Johnny Wander Crossovers

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 08:44

Pintsize + Conrad = Divers Alarums
I'm just sayin'

oh godi accuse you of

Comment by Ananth Tue, 06/16/2009 - 11:49

oh god

i accuse you of psychological terrorism

Put it in the toaster oven

Comment by Zac (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 08:52

Yet another QC junkie that came on over an loved. I like how you use just everyday life and humor that comes naturally out of it. And the art is amazing.

I read the two toaster ones in the archives and was laughing so hard. I'm living in Thailand right now and frequently get smacked in the face by the aromasation of stir fried chilis. I'm assuming that's about what your apartment was like. And then again.

But it's a pain typing this on an iPhone so to end up, thanks for some laughs and I look forward to more

:D

Comment by Zizzee (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 08:53

Will be reading this from now on :)

you have a new watcher

Comment by Bryan (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 09:15

i flew over from QC and went through the whole archive... you have a new watcher!

just peeking :)

Comment by Luke (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 09:24

im a qc fan, and now... and NOW.... (wait for it)... a johnny wander reader. i was going to go to sleep an hour ago, but i had to go through archive to date. i lol'd. sugoi!

Reminds me of Monty Python's

Comment by cj (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 09:30

Reminds me of Monty Python's "Archeology Today" sketch...

Hmmm...combined like that, are you like "Devastator" from the Transformers? Or are more webcomic creators required to start smashing cities and fighting Autobots?

Yuko looks somewhat odd with

Comment by Brian (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:35

Yuko looks somewhat odd with discernible secondary sexual character characteristics.

I knew something was off

Comment by conrad Wed, 06/17/2009 - 13:10

I knew something was off about this comic ...

This is fantastic. My

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 10:46

This is fantastic. My boyfriend reads QC and I read JW, been trying to convince him to read it for a long time. Now he has to! Mwahaha.
Also I think your comics are screwing with the google ads.

Loving the work

Comment by Ryan (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 11:53

I appreciate a good comic. Came over from Jeph's site, and fell in love with the humour and artwork. Good job here, and you've earned another reader :D

Mecha

Comment by PsIcOfEdE (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 12:37

I do this with my friends, but I do the legs. And I'm the short one. Very very short. :-D

Comment by Sam (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 13:19

Love QC and he pointed me in your direction today. You should know I lost a precious 2 hours (minimum) reading every single comic you have in the archives. You all seem rad. I am a terrible intern...

I swear I thought Yuko was

Comment by shyshibby (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 14:01

I swear I thought Yuko was Marten the first time I looked at this. o_O

Came from QC

Comment by Chishio (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 14:20

hehe, i saw Jeph put a guest strip up here, and so i started reading johhny wander, i must say i'm now hooked, hehe
i shall be reading from now on!!! ^^

new fan O.O hehe

Well... dang

Comment by Raevis (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 14:36

Is... Is he really that tall? o_O

Side by side comparison to John, go.

another QC fan

Comment by Krifantasy (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 14:59

I too have come from QC, read your archives and really enjoyed your comic. Yet another conquest for Johnny Wander.

Voltron

Comment by granmadave (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 15:32

There's a band called Pulaski that have a song called either "You form the legs" or "I'll form the head." Either way, it's a pretty cute song from a somewhat strange band... but not nearly as strange as most of the stuff Deathmole Jacques listens to.

Epic Win

Comment by Cory (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 15:38

Just stopping to say what a wonderful comic you made. I ran through the archive and will definitely be reading this from now on.^_^

Came over from QC and

Comment by Lord Elend (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 15:53

Came over from QC and enjoyed browsing your archieves! You've been added to my webcomic bookmarks ;)

FRETFRETFRET

Comment by ~L.K. (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 16:22

I enjoy the fretting expressions.

Huzzah!

Comment by Norah (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 16:30

I'm a new reader, came over from QC as well. I just read the entire archive, and wow, awesome! I'm definitely gonna be following this comic from now on.

This is a fun strip! :) Mechas and silly shirts ftw.

QC is a gateway drug apparently

Comment by Gunter (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 16:37

I got over her via QC, and I just spent an hour or so starting from the first comic and working up to now. I estimate about 2/3 of the way through I noticed you have mouseover comments.

...crap.

You guys are hereby added to my morning reads folder, I look forward to new comics!

Annnnnnnd another reader

Comment by Pereubu (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 17:10

Annnnnnnd another reader from QC here to stayyyy!

Converted!

Comment by Blbrychiti (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 17:43

Another QC-fan that's now very much into this webcomic, why was this awesomeness kept from me for so long?!

I've already gone back and read everything in the archives, as well as checking out your shop and everything else on this website. ^^ You guys have amazing work!

LAWLZ

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 18:22

I love Jeph's t-shirt. This was much win.

AND THEY SHALL LEARN TO FEAR

Comment by The Sash'Rahaal (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 19:38

AND THEY SHALL LEARN TO FEAR THE IDENTICAL HOODIE JACKETS! Very happy I found this place. Just swept from start to finish and found that this comic is a lot younger than I thought it would be. After hanging around QC for so long, and watching the growth and development of style therein, I have to say I very much look forward to seeing where this comic takes you.

Love the comic. :)

Comment by Steph (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 19:38

Yet another QC reader here. I'm glad this guest strip introduced me to your comics, I love it! I'll be following this comic for now on. :)

HAHAHA

Comment by James (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 19:44

Awesome!

Hit counter +1

Comment by Ian H. (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 20:15

Another QC reader who's now added your feed to Reader. Thanks for the laughs!

Wandered over here from QC,

Comment by Jake (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 20:36

Wandered over here from QC, read all the archives, and now I'm hooked! I now plan on following JW avidly, keep up the great work and I can't wait to see more!

Did indeed wander over here

Comment by Mike (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 21:07

Did indeed wander over here from QC. Your comic is fun! :D -bookmarks-

Having meandered over from

Comment by Stacy in Jamaica (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 21:39

Having meandered over from QC, I felt compelled to comment. It has really grown in quality, and I am a huge fan of the comic. I am also a fan of webcomics in general, and the comic exchanges between artists are great for introducing readers to new comics. So, I will look around and see if there is anything I like.

took your advice and took

Comment by Bread (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 22:01

took your advice and took the dime tour after getting off the QC bus, looks like another bookmark for my morning routine, awesome awesomeness!

What the . . .

Comment by Javer (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 22:11

Damn. Has Yuko -ever- looked more chill than in that first panel?

Yet another

Comment by One More (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 22:24

QC fan to come over here and discover this wonderful comic!

:D

Comment by Kierra (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 22:37

I'm one of those who meandered their way over here from QC, and I really do like what I see! I finished reading all the Johnny Wander comics, and I can't imagine a better spent Tuesday night hour. It's well-drawn and I love the style, it's funny, and it's homey in that way that I can really relate to it. (My house still smells burnt from a failed tortilla-and-toaster-oven crossover. Luckily, it didn't die.)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of your guys' work! :D

I will not lie, I was

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 23:06

I will not lie, I was slightly dissapointed when I realized that the title of your post was mecha-oriented and not, in fact, a referance to Sockbaby 4.

That being said, you and Yuko should form Mecha Yuko-Ananth and then take pictures. But add on some cardboard guns. And missile pods. Lots of them. You aren't a true mech without those two things.

Hey guys! i'm too coming

Comment by abcdario (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 23:07

Hey guys!
i'm too coming from QC, already read all your archives, and bookmarked. =D
Cant wait for the next comic.

wicked!

Comment by boredtg (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 23:31

as Bill above said, youve got a new reader. N i love the fact that Jeph's shirts keep changing....hmm if they ever made shirts like that id buy one fersure!

Love it!

Comment by Thomas (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 23:34

Hey there,

Friends call me Tom. I'm one of the many QC who got a little direction towards your comic. Within the span of the last hour I've now read over everyone and have become a quick fan.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see more.

Your on a list of few comics I do enjoy.

/Kudos!

-Thomas
PS. If you check out the Homepage listing on this please be kind, it is a blog just recently started for family and we are still generating content >_<

how did i not know?

Comment by pyro5050 (not verified) Tue, 06/16/2009 - 23:42

been a long time reader of both QC and AG... how did i not know you had a side comic over here for so long.... must have missed the memo

Man, You must be a terror on

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 00:06

Man, You must be a terror on coffee when you combine yuko and anath like that. :O

I stumbled over here from

Comment by Tiana (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 00:27

I stumbled over here from QC, and I must say, I'm quite impressed.

I love the work; has a definite humor to it.

A new fan,
-Tiana

From QC with...love?

Comment by DK (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 01:10

Wandered over by way of QC. Couldn't stop reading. Now that I've read all your back-issue comics I will definitely be keeping up with you guys now. Keep up the amazing work and I'll keep yelling at other folks to come read too! XD

Yep

Comment by Jon (not verified) Wed, 06/17/2009 - 10:44

Add me t'the list of people here from QC who plan to follow your comic. Read through the whole archive, and it's one of the better comics based on everyday happenings I've seen. Keep up the good work.