comics about gonta freaking out never get old

I don't know, sometimes I think that Gonta was actually supposed to be born as a deer and accidentally was born into the body of a cat.

Or maybe he really is a Very Tiny Deer and the shelter screwed up.

Ananth told me to write the news post, but then he went and made a news post!  SO YOU GUYS HAVE TWO NEWS POSTS NOW.  IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS

Comments

I think Gonta's pupils are

Comment by Laura (not verified) Wed, 07/08/2009 - 23:54

I think Gonta's pupils are gonna esplode...along with his frantic little heart...

Do you ever spend time trying to scare Gonta? Admittedly, it looks like you don't actually need to try, but still...

I don't think anyone tries

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/09/2009 - 14:48

I don't think anyone tries to scare him on purpose ... he's just very scareable.

Do you guys scare Gonta on

Comment by Kei (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 00:05

Do you guys scare Gonta on purpose? It's hilarious either way just don't kill him!

Reminds me of my friend's cat. He'll get scared, climb on you and cling on if someone opens the front door.

Wow

Comment by Liz (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 01:06

I love how well you portray a flipped out cat!

I too have a fretful cat. I ripped a check out of a checkbook while she was sitting under my chair...and she bolted.

My cat used to be like that,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 01:07

My cat used to be like that, but then I trained so much fear into him, it eventually erupted into aggression. Now he attacks me. Out of love, of course. Yes. Love.

whoa

Comment by Jason (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 01:15

this cat has serious issues.

You know

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 03:13

If I were as fretful of everything as Gonta,I'd had built a small shelter inside my house to keep me in and everything else out a long time ago until I realized being closed in freaks me out and then I explode into a sea of insanity and frightfulness.

WHAT?!

Comment by Josh (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 04:51

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

kinda off subject but, cat

Comment by oshi (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 05:01

kinda off subject but, cat curling, gonta seems like a perfect candidate. take two very dopey cats and one highly slippery surface (kitchen floors work a treat) furthest slide wins =]

Hahaha cat curling.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/09/2009 - 14:50

Hahaha cat curling. Awesome.

Some cats are like that.

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 05:16

My cousin has a cat that's even worse. I think I've seen her three times, she just hides from everyone. I was actually was in NY visiting my cousin, sleeping on his couch when I woke up to see the cat Molly walking around. When she noticed I was awake she had the exact same expression on her face as Gonta.

Awww

Comment by Karlee (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 05:31

XD
Gonta sounds like the most adorable, hilarious kitty. I just want to hug him (but I get the feeling he'd freak out).
^___^

(irrelevant side note: was it hard to paint that skateboard? The photos look pretty rad =)

Down with Garfield! Gonta Deserves His Own Strip!

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 06:42

It seems like all the Gonta Freakouts involve Ananth. Is Gonta only like that with Ananth around or is he an Equal Opportunity Spazzoid?

Equal Opportunity, sort of!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 07/09/2009 - 14:52

Equal Opportunity, sort of! Once he gets used to me it's not a problem, but if I leave and come back to visit later, well ... return to start!

Sounds so familiar

Comment by Bobryuu (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 07:39

Our kitten Emmaline is exactly like this. She scuttles away every time I move; however, because she's a medium hair cat and has so much fur on her paws, she runs in one place on the wooden floors before actually moving, like on those old cartoons.

Cartoon feet

Comment by Allen (not verified) Sat, 07/11/2009 - 00:20

Does she make the bongos-sounding cartoon running noise as well? :)

for the vague Jurass

Comment by aracelistorrez (not verified) Thu, 07/28/2011 - 10:55

for the vague Jurassic Park reference!!
greating

D'awww, Gonta.

Comment by Caerah (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 09:26

These are always my favorite comics. They remind me so much of my cat, who frets almost as much as Gonta. He doesn't freeze so much as bolt into the nearest "I think I can hide there" space. He loves looking out windows, but if he sees ANYTHING he hides. If he sees a person he knows he absolutely flips out, meowing his way to a hiding place. Cats are so wonderful. ^_^

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas?

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 11:32

The way you draw cats ... is pretty cool.

Frettingest

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 11:43

I think Gonta should have his own strip. Like AGLite, you could have "the adventures of Gonta"...though it might be difficult coming up with material since he just hides.

My mom's cat Yoshi is somewhat of a fretter too. When he was a kitten he was sitting on top of the washing machine and it got off balance. That cat literally climbed the walls, he was so scared. Now he jumps whenever we sneeze, poor baby.

hahaha

Comment by jackie (not verified) Fri, 04/02/2010 - 07:07

Well, good thing the kitty was not thrown into the spinning washing machine! lols
just kidding,though!

mini washer dryer

aw it makes me miss my cat

Comment by abcdario (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 12:41

aw it makes me miss my cat =P

(and by the way, you guys should work in ur comunication a bit more lol)

I wish I had a cat

Comment by Conrad Lukawski (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 12:53

Or any pet really. I can't have a cat though because I wouldn't know what to do with it. Also my family is allergic to cats.
(not me though)

Fret! ♥

Comment by Gren (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 13:01

My Woogie is a fat little fretter, and I adore her. The only time she finds courage is when a stranger walks into my home not escorted in by me (such as a friend of my sister, or her in a very appearance changing outfit) and then Woogie has been known to scamper in front of me to protect me from the invader, puff all her fur up, turn sideways so her body looks bigger, and then sort of wobble crabwalk sideways twards the terrible invader.

I love her. The Gonta comics always remind me how much I love her, so I go find her and give her extra head scratches.

Oh my,

Comment by Musical_Chair (not verified) Fri, 07/10/2009 - 08:26

I wish i could see that, it seems like it would be quite a sight.

Haha, Gonta...

Comment by iamded (not verified) Thu, 07/09/2009 - 19:45

The comics with Gonta in them are my favourite. :D Do you have any photos of him on this site?

Oh man I love Gonta! lol I

Comment by Kit (not verified) Fri, 07/10/2009 - 02:49

Oh man I love Gonta! lol
I wish you could take him to a con (but could you imagine the pandemonium?)

Like Rox

Comment by Kacey (not verified) Fri, 07/10/2009 - 10:29

Like my cat Roxy, you just look at her for more than a second and she'll just bolt from the room. It seems the only thing Roxy isn't afraid of are strange men (friends she's NEVER met) sitting in her place on the couch. She'll sit on them no matter what!

Why Roxy??? You'd choose a strange man over me is beyond my comprehension...

It never gets old

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Fri, 07/10/2009 - 12:30

I love how Gonta's eyes turn so huge! It's like staring into a dark abyss @_@.

Poor Gonta.

Comment by Joe F (not verified) Fri, 07/10/2009 - 23:22

I can only imagine what family reunions/parties/mass gathering of any kind do to him.

It kind of gives me the mental picture of Scott Pilgrim's brain cracking open in Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together.

a sad Gonta

Comment by mentaluproar (not verified) Sat, 07/11/2009 - 03:39

My mother has a cat that's worse than Gonta. It's not cute or funny, just sad. It hides constantly, we only know it's alive because we can hear it eat at night.

Mom has 2 cats, Patches (the scrawny, fearful one) and Amie (why they gave it such a human name, I have no idea.) Patches used to be cared for by Amie exclusively, as she was the only one he (she?) wouldn't run or hide from. Amie would bathe her, chat with her, eat with her, cuddles with her, etc.

The cat never plays. It never did, not even with Amie. When Amie tries to roughhouse with it, it just sits perfectly still and takes the abuse until Amie realizes he just won't play with her. Its hair's now matted because Amie won't clean him anymore, he still won't do it, and we can't get near him enough to comb him.

It's really sad, but he still eats and has been like this for about 2 years. He's a young kitty too. I wish I knew what to do about poor Patches.

We considered taking him to the humane society, thinking he might be happier off in a single cat home, but are more afraid nobody will want him and he'd be put to sleep.

I'm not trying to hijack but this seems like a good place to ask what we should do for him.

Comment by mardymarve (not verified) Tue, 07/14/2009 - 04:15

Where do you think the term,

Comment by Chillabuster (not verified) Sat, 07/11/2009 - 08:43

Where do you think the term, "scaredy cat" comes from?

Clearly, it comes from Gonta.

Comment by Angela (not verified) Sun, 07/12/2009 - 02:26

He's the scarediest! :D

fretting cats!

Comment by amy (not verified) Sat, 07/11/2009 - 22:12

I have a cat just like this, Hildi. If you even look her way, she stops and her eyes get REALLY wide. And my gosh, if you make any quick movement or loud noise, she bolts straight for the basement/my bedroom.
Just recently, we got her courageous enough to go outside on her own, and we've had her for two years. :I

Cats are like that

Comment by Jody (not verified) Sun, 07/12/2009 - 06:37

We've got a kitten that I swear was a dog in a former life. She plays fetch for goodness' sake. We didn't teach it to her, she just came programmed that way. I suggest a chocolate lab. No joke--that's her personality.

Ah, poor Gonta. Makes me

Comment by Angie (not verified) Mon, 07/13/2009 - 18:08

Ah, poor Gonta. Makes me want to hug him.
Although, that may just do him worse. Wouldn't it?

Excellent! +10 points

Comment by Ron (not verified) Tue, 07/14/2009 - 01:46

for the vague Jurassic Park reference!!

My mother used to keep a cat

Comment by Bees (not verified) Tue, 07/14/2009 - 03:26

My mother used to keep a cat who was stupidly clumsy. He'd fall off of things and then pretend to clean himself as if to communicate to anyone who happened to be watching that he'd meant to do it that way.

Tiny deer...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 04/22/2011 - 13:46

Are you familiar with dik-diks?