awh man, again?

awh man, again?

Thu, 07/16/2009 - 13:08 by Aido in response to why is it always MY carpet

This is just one of those things where if my door is left open for extended periods of time, there's a high percentage chance that one of the cats will throw up in the middle of my floor.  You'd think I would've learned by now.

People have been requesting photos of the cats!  This one is old, but a pretty good summarization of their personalities.  Gonta (in the back) is now significantly darker, as siamese tend to become.  He's still just as fretful though.

So hey, this weekend is Otakon!  I think Ananth was kinda vague about it, so I'll say it here:  I won't be there.  Ananth will be, though!  Say hello to him if you see him!  Additionally, San Diego Comic Con and ConnectiCon are next week and the week after respectively.  We're not vendors at SDCC, but will be wandering around and bothering people who are cooler than us.  Someone suggested a J*W meetup.  Would anyone be interested in that..?

Comments

I can see the fret in his

Comment by Axcel (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 13:12

I can see the fret in his eye XD

N'aww bless them. How old

Comment by Maxwellian (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 13:36

N'aww bless them.

How old are Mika and Gonta?
Are they related? I'm trying to remember if you said they were or not.

I've got my girls doing the *thumpathumpathumpa* running around thing at the moments. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmmotley/3628615882/ They've just turned four months old and their mum was siamese (dad unknown).

Pinstripe (the greyer fluffier one) is really floppy when you pick her up but very agile, she's generally quiet but has a loud waily meow when she does.
Paisley (the sleeker brown tabby) is an attention whore when it comes to me and keeps jumping off a chair on to my back and begging for strokes and cuddles. She's really clumsy normally not quite making her jumps and she's very quick to make noise but it's sort of... rubbish. She goes "Eh!" more time than she actually meows. She also chirps at birds

They really are very different girls

lol catrant

I wonder if freaking out

Comment by Meggles (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 13:47

I wonder if freaking out over everything is a siamese thing?

My cat is half siamese and half tabby and she is the biggest chicken EVER!

All the Gonta comics are literally things Keisha does. The first time I read one I was like, "THEY BE SPYING ON MAH CAT!"

It's really odd because we've had her for her whole life (15 years. Old cat is old) and she's still mostly terrified of us.

Speaking of Cons..

Comment by Armaina (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 14:01

Guess what? I'll be at Connecticon :D I got an Artist Colony table and everything! May not get there till late Friday though, couldn't get the redeye I wanted :/

So I saw that there is a

Comment by KM (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 14:31

So I saw that there is a link to Radio Maru, which in turn always makes me think of Andy Helms, which of course makes me think of Atomic Toy (Which of course makes me think that this is Andy Helms site.) Which in turn makes me think of ButtLord GT and draws me to the site where I run in an needlessly long sentence where I then check ButtLord Kids and in turn notice that they put up ***3 NEW PAGES!!!1!11one11!1*** which in turns makes me think of how many years that took and when the heck did they get put up? Anyways, run-on setnence to a close, all I have to think of in turn is. "Fuck yeah!"

Oh Me! Me! Pick Me!

Comment by Le Jai (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 15:19

I am a lurker oh yes I am, but am always interested in meeting awesome people. :D

Nice cats

Comment by King_Bahamut (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 15:54

You have very nice looking cats, I have pretty much been living with cats my whole life, though I do not recall anyone of them being a fretful one unless they are still at the kitten stage. Do kind of wish the picture was one where Gonta wasn't giving the cold shoulder but from what I can see he is a nice looking cat nonetheless.

Ahhh! Scared!Gonta is

Comment by hakinechan (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 16:05

Ahhh!
Scared!Gonta is adorable. D: It must suck tremendously when he leaves presents though... :I
Mika's adorable too btw ;u;
Ahaha;; Though I don't comment much, it'd be wonderful to meet at Otakon! *U* <3 I'll be there Saturday. :D

Aww!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 16:08

I like Mika; she reminds me of my Izzy. Very unconcerned with everything and usually has fun at every waking moment.

LOL! I don't know if it's the angle or what, but yes, Gonta does look like he's fretting. "Mika!! Don't you know that fun is DANGEROUS??" 80

Awww!

Comment by Mentaluproar (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 16:12

Gonta's eyes match your drawings dead on! I thought that was exaggeration. Awwww!

-emails Gonta a mouseburger-

You know...

Comment by John Kelly (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 16:23

The next step of the plan must be made, you must live near me again.

There, it's settled.

So these two comics pretty

Comment by Yenian (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 16:36

So these two comics pretty accurately describe both your parents cats, and my new roommates cats. One likes to drink out of the bathtub rather than the wet hair, but the other Kuro, is always worried, always fretting, and so dumb he eats anything he sees. He then likes to throw up in my room quite often.

CAT CAT CAT

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 18:06

I wanna meet Mika and Gonta!

Also: http://tinyurl.com/l75bys
Their personalities seem similar, although I don't think Jade and Nero have puked anywhere yet.

Aww!

Comment by Nganny (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 21:57

Mika & Gonta are super adorable :D Gonta kind of reminds me of my kitty. http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/197/9/c/kitty_is_paranoid_by_mada... . Ritz frets over everything. Also, he is afraid of doorbells, people sneezing, fans, and papers falling onto the floor,

Aside from meeting people

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 22:15

Gonta sure is extremely camera shy.

That idea might spur into a gallery of Gonta fretting and hiding...

...Or a t-shirt :3

meetup! :D

Comment by Echan (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 22:23

I think it would be fun :D Especially if you don't have a table at whichever con, it would be cool to know of a time & place where we fans could say hi.

You'r pain, I feel it!

Comment by Maileigh (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 22:52

I have my very own version of Gonta. Only she's .. well.. a she, very small, very calico, and equally as timid. (and weird)
Her stomach is always upset and I tend to find her "presents" almost every other day and always in my room.

I feel so bad for her except when it's my foot that finds them.

Yuko, Spy Extroardinaire

Comment by Andyman (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 23:22

I see how you're sneaking around the house at night. The cats obviously do this to foil your dastardly plans.

DJZMPHG CUTE KITTIES!!! ^w^

Comment by Zack (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 23:31

DJZMPHG CUTE KITTIES!!! ^w^

Kittens n meet up

Comment by Ryan Kennedy (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 23:39

Wish I could have pets only my dorms to tiny sigh, I'll be at SDCC no table either would love to meet you guys.

Mika reminds me of my

Comment by Sinner (not verified) Thu, 07/16/2009 - 23:46

Mika reminds me of my friend's cat

She also does comics of her kitties http://bumbe.wordpress.com/

I wuvs kitties, but I iz allergic :(

Been there with marrying roommate...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 01:20

I had to clean up the apartment when my roommate got the flu before he got married. He warned me about the puke on the floor. I thought he was joking until I almost step into it. He didn't warn me about the moss monster inside the shower stall that tried to grab me. That was scary.

Woo, pics!

Comment by iamded (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 01:44

Nyaaaaw! They're so cuuuute!

Sorry, only cats make me go like that. :D In that picture they both remind me of my cat, and her many different moods. Now we have a photo to match to the comics, awesome! Thanks guys.

Catolympics?

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 08:32

So, do Gonta and Mika engage in late night Catolympics? Particularly the "Sound like a herd of elephants stampeding through the china cabinet" event?
Is this familiar? thumpathumpathumpathumpaBANGCRASHTHUD!!!roawr!<>::dead silence::
you creep out into hall with baseball bat and or drawn tanto ready...
"buhwhuhuh?"
you're greeted by two cats placidly lying on the floor giving you the wide eye "what?" look.

SDCC

Comment by MazokuOni (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 10:28

Ahhh! I hope I can manage to find you two at SDCC. Would be so cool to say hi :D

My Sister's Cat

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 11:19

Shows her love to me by jumping up in my lap, letting me pet her for like an hour, then going, "HURK HURK HOOOOORK!"

My sister says I have the cat puke magic.

Awww, Gonta even looks like

Comment by lennan (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 11:46

Awww, Gonta even looks like he's hiding in the picture. Both of my cats are siamese...and one used to freak out a lot, but now that she's old and doesn't give a damn, she's boldest piece of baggage there is. Especially about food...gourmet food. So there's hope for Gonta!

I'll be going to Comic-con...I hope I can find you there to say hiiiii!

Mine too

Comment by Tom (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 11:52

You've jinxed me.

Almost 5 minutes after I read this comic my cat decided to vomit on the carpet too. He hardly ever does it normally!!

LOL!

Comment by kyubikitsy (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 15:20

Gonta in the back, peeking through the table legs just cracked me up! What a shy cat! Who'd a thunk?

SDCC Meetup

Comment by DeadPixlz (not verified) Fri, 07/17/2009 - 15:43

I think that'd be an awesome idea! I'll be looking forward to meeting you and Ananth.

I hope it happens on a Thursday before all the big panels though...

Gotta say, Mike is one

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Sun, 07/19/2009 - 14:02

Gotta say, Mike is one beautiful cat.

D: I have that happen so

Comment by ~L.K. (not verified) Sun, 07/19/2009 - 21:03

D:

I have that happen so often as well--in my room, of course! I feel your pain.

I also love the photo of the two! <3

I think I had a dream about

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 07/20/2009 - 00:21

I think I had a dream about your cats....

KITTIES!!!!!!

Comment by Sally (not verified) Mon, 07/20/2009 - 21:17

I can see that Mika is very outgoing. Poor Gonta! They so CUUUTE! ^.^ Here's mah kitteh.

Katie has a tendency to be shy around Strangers. But with me she's so sweet. She actually lives in the country with my G-ma and I only see her when I go down there. She'll spend her nights in my room keeping me awake, and I have no idea what she does other and chill out on the car when she's outside.

Lovely

Comment by Alice (not verified) Mon, 07/20/2009 - 23:20

Eh, my door's never open to my cats because I'm allergic, luckily that means I never get any presents.

My Siamese/Calico mix, Willow, also got considerably darker. Both my cats leave presents, although Willow will do so anywhere while the other will hide them. For example:

"Hey, my pencil rolled under the bed, can you grab it?"
After a brief parlay with gravity, you find yourself looking upon an endless field of hairballs from years past.

And don't forget that pencil, which of course avoided all the hairballs to find itself in the middle of a minefield.

I love 'em anyway, despite their only redeeming value being that they're cute and furry.

Ninja cats

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 09:22

Never had to deal with the vomiting but my roommates cat would sneak into my room and lay curled under my chin on my throat. I would wake up being smothered by an over weight Belgian short hair, I swear the cats trying to snuff me.

A little story B|

Comment by Raile (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 14:58

Yesterday I was at the grocery store buying some dried tarragon and as usual I went through the self check-out because I hate dealing with people. As I was leaving, the attendant (who looked vaguely familiar and had an English accent) got my attention and stopped me and told me he'd been meaning to ask if I knew of something called Johnny Wander.

I told him that it was a fantastic webcomic and he sort of nodded and went "oh, okay, just wondering" and let me go.

I'm a little bemused and the only thing I can think of is that as a half-Korean standing under five feet tall, he might have thought I was Yuko?

Very awkward.

Finding kitties everywhere?

Comment by Rae (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 03:32

Is it just me, or does that "and" symbol look suspiciously like a kitty face when viewed sideways?

Kitty-Kitty

Comment by Mal Mal (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 08:42

My husband and I used to have a cat exactly like Gonta. All of the fretting cracked us up. Unfortunately our Honda-kitty got sick and we had to get rid of her recently. But, we still have Little Kitty....he really used to be little, but no he's the size of an adult armadillo. I like to imagine he has the voice of a late night radio-host voice. Recently he likes to get in the window that splits our living room and kitchen and get high on cat nip. My husband mentioned how he thought Little Kitty looked depressed...but he was merely coming off a high. Oh Little Kitty....you addict.

Anyways, we love the kitty cartoons (and the rest)! Please keep them coming! Your new fan--Mal

so cute

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 11/08/2009 - 03:54

those cat's are adorable. my cat often does the same thing. He's very much like gonta

I love how Gonta's eyes are

Comment by Kerry (not verified) Tue, 11/17/2009 - 18:07

I love how Gonta's eyes are the exact same as how you draw them. Totally freaked out. -thumbs up-

As a side note, I'm moving to San Diego next year, and I want to go to the comic con. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for you guys so I can point and gawk. <_<; In a loving, "I'm a fan" sort of way, of course.

Mika