SDCC, QC guest comic, and shoelaces!

SDCC, QC guest comic, and shoelaces!

Tue, 07/21/2009 - 15:36 by Ananth in response to one bunny rabbit...

Welcome back, QC readers! I hope you enjoy our guest comic: Yuko made liberal use of shoujo bubbles, I believe to great effect. For you Johnny Wander readers, we have a guest comic up over at Questionable Content: I think you'll like it!

Regarding tying my shoes, I'm exposing myself for your amusement ... I hope you appreciate that! I, uh, never bothered learning to tie them any other way. It works, what can I say? Yuko likes to make fun of me for it, relentlessly ... she's tried to teach me alternatives, but it never sticks. I wish velcro would come back into style.

Yuko and I will be at SDCC! We're planning a meetup on Sunday! It'll be from 1-2 PM out in front of the convention center, between the the Fedex and the Starbucks.

You can also view the info on the sidebar - we'll be adding info for Connecticon soon as well! If anyone shows up, we'll probably give Conrad and John a call so you can chat with them - they couldn't be at SDCC in body, but they can certainly be there as disembodied voices. ;)

We're arriving late Thursday night, so look for us on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you do see us, flag us down - we'll have Johnny Wander postcards that we'll be giving away to anyone who finds us.

I believe that's everything! See you at SDCC!

Comments

I-I still make bunny ears

Comment by Jude (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 15:48

I-I still make bunny ears too. *SHAAAAAME*

I gave up tying my shoes all of the time now, though. I leave them tied and just wedge my feet into them every time I put them on. :(

I gave up tying my shoes all

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:37

Actually, I am guilty of this too ... D:

We can be guilty together!

Comment by Jude (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 22:11

We can be guilty together! No one said that being guilty of bunny ears and lazy putting-on-of-shoes had to be a lonely experience! :D

Hear, hear! Bunny ears and

Comment by Sweety (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 02:38

Hear, hear! Bunny ears and double knotted laces are the right way to do it, no matter what anyone says! We should have a club. A Bunny Ear, Lazy Shoe Club. BELS Club?

... I shouldn't comment this late at night, my ideas sound terrible on caffeine. D:

Ahaha. You guys aren't

Comment by Savvy (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 09:14

Ahaha. You guys aren't alone.
I make bunny ears and leave my shoes tied all the time. It is very normal... if you were going to ask me.

Out of curiosity, do any of you that still do bunny ears and/or are lazy with shoes have good handwriting?

My handwriting is only good

Comment by Jude (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:29

My handwriting is only good if I take the time to write everything out coherently. Unfortunately, my mind goes too fast for my poor hand to keep up, so I end up scribbling across the page! DD:

Johnny Wander | Updates Tuesday and Thursday

Comment by Linda Ikeji Blogspot (not verified) Sat, 06/22/2013 - 15:46

The openness of Linda Ikeji coupled with her clever and quick means of
bringing people news, information, jokes, pictures and numerous more from worldwide on her blog has actually made her the credibility as one
of Nigeria's preferred bloggers. Her blog site overcomes 50,000 check outs everyday and is a hotspot for online marketers and individuals wishing to attract web traffic to their internet sites or blog sites. Talk about Linda's blog can be
revealing, interesting and more questionable than the post itself.
As one reader wrote "I visit this blog site day-to-day simply to read comments".

We can call ourselves the

Comment by Jude (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:28

We can call ourselves the Bels! Like Bells!

But AWESOME bells! :D

Om nom nom, caffeine.

I just.... tie them in a

Comment by Fez (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 15:53

I just.... tie them in a knot and throw the laces inside the shoe..D:
I actually like the laces not showing, I don't think I've tied my shoes in years.. o_o

My friend still makes bunny

Comment by Kerry (not verified) Tue, 11/17/2009 - 18:12

My friend still makes bunny ears too. She showed me this comic and tearfully admitted to that fact. I laughed and got my sneaker from my room so I could tie my shoe the way I had been taught, the SUPERIOR way.

... I then made a fool of myself by realizing I didn't actually remember how to tie my shoe. ;__; (I just got a new pair, and on my old pair I just left them tied and slipped them onto my feet.) It took me several agonizing minutes to get it right. Sobsobsob.

Don't feel so bad. I tie

Comment by Sergei (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 15:50

Don't feel so bad. I tie them the same way! Same reason, too.

Awww

Comment by Tarrant (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 15:50

Poor Ananth,

But I share his pain. Never got to do the single loop foldover trick properly... T_T

Velcro ftw!

Hehehehe, I just never could

Comment by Aniphx (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 15:59

Hehehehe, I just never could figure out how to do it the other way.

I solved this problem with a

Comment by Michael M. (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:00

I solved this problem with a little thing I like to call "slippers." Now I am just embarrassed that I walk around with my feet in Homer's mouth.

Have a great time at those conventions! I was hopeful that I would get down to SDCC, but between monies and the fact that last year was a gorram madhouse, I am somewhat happy to be avoiding it this year. Maybe next year I'll actually have a table.

::looks at table costs::

...or not.

Yeaaaah, those table prices

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:38

Yeaaaah, those table prices are pretty bonkers.

Bunnies?

Comment by PokeyPuppy (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:16

Huh. I never learned this method of tying shoelaces. Do you tie the laces once, and then make bunny ears and tie THOSE together, or do you just make bunny ears and tie them together twice? If that makes ANY sense...

(I actually tried both ways tying my shoes, and this makes more sense than the way I tie them!)

I ... think you've got it.

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:45

I ... think you've got it. It's like this.

I almost posted you the link

Comment by CS (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 01:38

I almost posted you the link to fieggen's site, when I saw you knew it.
Have you ever tried the Ian knot? I was surprised how easy it is, once you get the hang of it. It took me about ten to fifteen minutes to get it right on the first try. You can do it, too. ;)

so many

Comment by mugsi (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 09:44

Holy... that's a lot of ways to tie shoes! I never knew! I always thought bunny ears was the only way... man was I wrong ._. good thing I don't ever untie my shoes anymore. You have opened my eyes to the future and it is a bright and terrifying new world.

Fear Not

Comment by Kia (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:16

:D Awww, don't worry, I tie my shoes like that too ('course, I'm 17 whereas you... I dunno how old you are, but obviously older than me, lol). And actually, my current sneakers are velcro, so I haven't had to tie my shoes since January. Go ahead, mock all you wish :3

~Kia

Man, I wish I could find

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:46

Man, I wish I could find some fresh velcro sneakers, but alas.

Kangaroos still makes 'em.

Comment by Celynnen (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:58

Kangaroos still makes 'em. I found a pair of blue and green ones at Nordstrom Rack!

I just wear flip flops

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:19

I just wear flip flops wherever I go. One of the benefits of being a resident of Southern California!

Hope to see you both at SDCC! I want to ogle at Yuko and how small she is. Can she be considered a carry on?

I think I could probably

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:48

I think I could probably attach straps to her and put her on the baggage belt, come to think of it.

Shoes

Comment by the_DECk (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:22

I used the bunny method for most of my life, I finally self learned how you're "supposed" to tie a shoe after I worked at shoe store, straightening up the shoe displays.

I have always tied my shoes

Comment by Ben (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:37

I have always tied my shoes in that fashion. I was never taught another way.

How to tie one's shoes:
1- Foot in shoe, tighten laces throughout shoe to maximize laces (I like that "snug shoe" feeling on my feet)

2- Make a single tie, and tighten

3- Make the "rabbit ears" and tie again

Tada, you have tied your shoes - make sure to "double tie" the ears so you get a nice double knot that won't be undone.

I thought I was going to be

Comment by abc.dario (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:51

I thought I was going to be the only one to say that also does that. But well, no shame about it, I'll do it till the end ::looking for shoes with velcro::

shoelaces

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 16:57

I ALWAYS tie my shoes with bunny-ears... I suppose I should learn to tie them differently, but I always tie my shoes with the bunny-ear method because it's the easiest way for me and it keeps them tied the best.
Also, first time commenting! This web comic is wonderful!

Aw, thank you!

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:49

Aw, thank you!

I tie my shoes with the

Comment by Kei (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:01

I tie my shoes with the bunny ears too. Also, I double knot them like Ben described and never untie them as just sliding my foot in & out of them, like Jude mentioned. ^-^;;

My mom tried to teach me the around the tree and through method, but I just never caught on... then one day, my shoelaces came undone at school and a classmate came up (we were still at the learning to tie shoelaces stage) and simply tied them with the bunny ears. I was amazed and learned instantly. X3 My mom had never seen it and I confused her with suddenly doing it that way.. but she let me continue with that method, since the laces were getting tied.

You know...

Comment by Joe F (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:05

Whenever I'm tying my shoes and I try to think about it, I can't do it. But when I just don't pay any attention to it, I can do it fine. Weird.

I have this problem with

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:50

I have this problem with some video games ... !

AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!^_____^V

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:41

YES!!!! I'm not the ONLY one that still ties their shoes with bunny ears!!!! XD LOL

SERIOUSLY! am in the same boat! My knidergarten teacher was the one that taught me how to tie my shoes with bunny ears...and...Try as I might to learn any other ways, bunny ears are still the easiest and more fun way to do it! XD...though...my current sneakers are lace-less and have velcro! THANK YOU ROCKETDOG FOR YOUR VELCRO CLOSURE SNEAKERS!!LOL XD;;;;

Oh man, Rocketdog's are

Comment by Ananth Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:51

Oh man, Rocketdog's are awesome!!

Hahaha, it is a sad story, but I am feeling more confident about my shoe-tying now! I was led to believe that no one else ties their shoes this way! *peers suspiciously in Yuko's direction*

hey don`t feel bad

Comment by dark (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:46

I stopped tying my shoes and just slip em` on.

I still buy velcro shoes

Comment by John K (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 17:51

I say do what ever works for you.

there's another way to tie

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 18:02

there's another way to tie shoes?

That's what I thought!! what

Comment by B (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 09:46

That's what I thought!! what is this madness. :(

I tie my shoes the same

Comment by LadyTerentia (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 18:34

I tie my shoes the same (bunny ear) way. If it works, why bother doing it a different way? What's the point of learning it one way that works, and then learning a new way? It's not like the other method(s) is any easier or faster, from my experience.

Lol

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 19:53

So do I~
My Aunt taught me how to tie my shoes~

Sandals!

Comment by Betsumei (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 19:57

Yeah, I do the bunny ears. But I tie 'em loose, so I really only have to tie them every few weeks or so when the knot falls apart or if it snags on something. And then, thanks to this lovely Alberta weather, I get to wear sandals and (k)not have to worry about it until November or so or whenever my wife tells me it's silly to wear sandals in the snow.

I gotta get me a good pair

Comment by Ananth Wed, 07/22/2009 - 08:13

I gotta get me a good pair of sandals.

Well..

Comment by Ashiru (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 20:10

The "bunny ears" method never worked for me, I just do it. If I have to think about it, I lose the ability to do it all. It was easy to learn to tie my shoes when I was little, but it took me FOREVER to learn to use a zipper. Go figure. =P

So...

Comment by MP (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 20:11

...I'm not the only one left who also can't do anything other than bunny ears? Sweetness. I bunny-tie, then double-knot them. Works for me.

BUNNYEARS!

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 20:56

I remember being taught a rhyme to tie my shoes back in kindergarten. Unfortunately, 46 years and uncounted beers later, the rhyme is lost in my head (somewhere between APL programming and the location of the Ark of the Covenant).

I DID find this teacher site with many ways of teaching kids (and Ananth) how to tie shoes:

I especially like the one sung to the tune of "Splish Splash I Was Taking A Bath".

TGFV!

don't feel bad, I have to do

Comment by Heather (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 22:02

don't feel bad, I have to do the bunny ears to tie my shoes as well, and I am 23 -_-

Love the bunnies

Comment by Katie (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 22:27

This webcomic is awesome! (first comment) :)
I, too, used to use the bunny ear method exclusively... I never could get the around the tree and under to work.

Then in high school there was a fad of the really fast lace tying method.. I spent a week practicing it and never looked back! (it literally takes ~1 second)

Aw, thanks! Glad you like

Comment by Ananth Wed, 07/22/2009 - 08:15

Aw, thanks! Glad you like it! :)

Ooh, that looks promising ...

i am totally the same way

Comment by Aradrath (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 23:21

i am totally the same way lol, learned in 1st grade to tie bunny ear, never bothered to learn another way :) bunny ear ftw

I cannot stop laughing.

Comment by sinner (not verified) Tue, 07/21/2009 - 23:33

Thank you for that QC guest comic. It was beautiful and awesome in every way imaginable.