SDCC, QC guest comic, and shoelaces!

SDCC, QC guest comic, and shoelaces!

Tue, 07/21/2009 - 15:36 by Ananth in response to one bunny rabbit...

Welcome back, QC readers! I hope you enjoy our guest comic: Yuko made liberal use of shoujo bubbles, I believe to great effect. For you Johnny Wander readers, we have a guest comic up over at Questionable Content: I think you'll like it!

Regarding tying my shoes, I'm exposing myself for your amusement ... I hope you appreciate that! I, uh, never bothered learning to tie them any other way. It works, what can I say? Yuko likes to make fun of me for it, relentlessly ... she's tried to teach me alternatives, but it never sticks. I wish velcro would come back into style.

Yuko and I will be at SDCC! We're planning a meetup on Sunday! It'll be from 1-2 PM out in front of the convention center, between the the Fedex and the Starbucks.

You can also view the info on the sidebar - we'll be adding info for Connecticon soon as well! If anyone shows up, we'll probably give Conrad and John a call so you can chat with them - they couldn't be at SDCC in body, but they can certainly be there as disembodied voices. ;)

We're arriving late Thursday night, so look for us on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If you do see us, flag us down - we'll have Johnny Wander postcards that we'll be giving away to anyone who finds us.

I believe that's everything! See you at SDCC!

Comments

Geeze man. Don't let her

Comment by Spicy (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:21

Geeze man. Don't let her words get to you. I'm 21 and I still do that.

In fact, I'm so epically lazy, I sometimes get velcro shoes.

I am five.

Comment by stevehill (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:27

That QC comic made me lol SO HARD

MartenxSven <3

Comment by Robbie (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:49

I loved your guest comic for QC! Especially the ending xD

And I just spent all day reading all of your comics, and I gots to say you're now one of my top five favorite comics. :]

0_o

Comment by twiz (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 13:58

great guest comic... WHY GOD WHY DOES THE FIRST PANEL REMIND ME OF OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB?!?! WHYYYYYYY.........

also, bunny ears ftw

=o

Comment by Robbie (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 14:27

It reminds me of Ouran High School Host Club as well... and ironically... I'm watch that right now on funimation. xD

No offense to your

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 14:22

No offense to your friend/roommate/whatever (I'm a visiting Qc reader) But there's nothing to make fun of. What makes their way of tying so superior? And honestly, who cares, really? I've never even heard of tying your shoes in a different way then the "bunny ears" and have never seen one. the Ian knot does look interesting, but honestly I don't think I'm gonna learn it due to sheer apathy. Xp

She's just teasing ... it is

Comment by Ananth Wed, 07/22/2009 - 14:44

She's just teasing ... it is not a big deal. ;)

Ah, cool then :)

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 14:56

Ah, cool then :)

Your guest comic at QC rocks

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 15:04

Your guest comic at QC rocks off every one of my proverbial socks.

Whoo!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 07/22/2009 - 15:05

Whoo!

what a coincidence! Sunday

Comment by Yeah, I'm Eric, yeah (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 15:44

what a coincidence! Sunday was the only day that wasn't sold out when I bought my ticket! (note to self: May isn't the time to buy tickets)

Bunny ear tie-ers, rise up!

Comment by Heather K (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 16:32

Bunny ear tie-ers, rise up! Learned how to do that my last week of first grade; they threatened to fail me for the year if I couldn't tie my shoes. I guess reading at a 4th grade level meant crap in the grand scheme of things.

Bunny ears and Guest Comics

Comment by Emily (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 17:01

Unfortunately I am kind of unable to tie bunny ears anymore, my hands don't listen to me when I attempt it. -sigh- I guess it's the standard knot for me...

As for the guest comic, I laughed uncontrollably the first time I read it, and then proceeded to reread about six more times. Bravo, guys. Bravo.

there are other ways than

Comment by warbunny (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 17:06

there are other ways than bunny ears?

it worked for me for 21 years, why should i change the method as long as it's working...

Bunny ears to tie shoes..

Comment by Mousey (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 18:17

Me too, Ananth... Me too... I don't understand how one bunny ear becomes two.... so I just stick with two.

aw man I just found this

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 18:33

aw man I just found this comic through QC and it is like, the cutest thing ever. you guys are great.

Hey guys, long-time QC *and*

Comment by Kurt (not verified) Wed, 07/22/2009 - 19:03

Hey guys, long-time QC *and* JW reader.

Just saw Yuko's comic over on Jeff's site and almost wet myself. Pure gold, keep up the hysterical work!

So... there is some other

Comment by M (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 08:38

So... there is some other way to tie shoelaces? I'm 24 and the "bunny ears" is the only way I know...

Don't feel so bad about

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 10:42

Don't feel so bad about needing to tie your shoes the bunny ears way, I still do it too. I'm 26 and may be younger then you (don't really know) but I'll probably do it that way until I die.

I never learned bunny ears

Comment by danopia (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 11:32

I tied my shoes the "real way" (around the tree, I guess, don't remember anymore). I also started using Ian's knot about a year ago. At first i kept getting messed up from looking at his page because the square knot imposed "right over left and under" for starting knots but Ian uses "left over right", so I have to flip the diagrams mentally.

<3 the guest comic- captures

Comment by Molly Beth (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 12:36

<3 the guest comic- captures hannelore perfectly ^_^

and, as per usual, today's johnny wander hits the nail right no the head. XD

So close.

Comment by Rei (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 13:24

I'm barely 100 miles away, but not only is at-con registration closed, tickets were sold out ages ago.

I may go down there and just hang out near the con, since I've got a few friends down there.

Next year... next year.

///rEI

Don't worry, I still have to

Comment by I'm19 (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 15:39

Don't worry, I still have to do that, too.

I still do two bunny ears

Comment by Lori (not verified) Thu, 07/23/2009 - 17:46

I still do two bunny ears for my shoes too. The other ways never work for me ;__;

pssh

Comment by redjarman (not verified) Fri, 07/24/2009 - 12:34

I'm 21 and I wear velcro.
And I'm not afraid to admit it.

Though when I did have tie shoes, I would tie a good tight quadruple knot. Then I could just slip them on and off and I'd never have to tie them again.

I Join the Others!

Comment by Mikhail (not verified) Fri, 07/24/2009 - 18:01

There was a time in Drama class that we were supposed to tell the other person how to tie their shoes without showing them how to.

Needless to say, I was the only one that uses the Bunny Ear Shoelace Method. It works. Nuff' Said.

No worries!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 07/24/2009 - 19:49

No worries, you're far from alone. I still tie my shoes the exact same way, lol. It's nice to see that there are at least a few others out there.

I used to do that too, up

Comment by Stoov (not verified) Fri, 07/24/2009 - 22:43

I used to do that too, up until a few months ago. I finally learned to tie them in an easier way.

DX I do that too. When I was

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Fri, 07/31/2009 - 22:12

DX I do that too. When I was like 5 I remember using that 'fox chasing a rabbit into a tree' or whatever thing that you do to tie them properly, but then I realized bunny-ears got the same knot and now I can't do the other without it being too loose. But it's pretty cute for Ananth to use it ^^ like the socks comic (one of my favorites)

....unlike everyone else who

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 08/07/2009 - 18:24

....unlike everyone else who seems to love this method, I didn't even know there WAS a bunny-ear way.

...huh. How strange.
Also why are so many people not dexterous enough to tie your shoes easily? Is it really that hard? I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't comprehend how your hands can't adapt to the motion after repeating it once or more a day. Muscle memory!

I have to do the same

Comment by Avery Gee (not verified) Mon, 08/17/2009 - 17:35

I have to do the same thing....

O_o

Comment by TimeSage (not verified) Mon, 08/31/2009 - 12:15

Theres other ways to tie shoes? I thought that was THE way :\

velcro

Comment by Emz (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 01:58

Dont worry, I suck at tying my shoes and am uber lazy about it. But there really are still velcro shoes, amazingly enough. I've got some that are Champions and I've seen others too (that aren't kiddy shoes). The only shoes that I wear that actually have laces are my boots that also zip down the side. It's unnecessary, but I guess that laces make them look cooler?

Bunny Ears

Comment by Xander (not verified) Wed, 11/18/2009 - 03:36

You know...it's really not that bad. Back when I was six and wasn't taught how to use bunny ears I got made fun of for that. I think people just like making fun of shoe-tying habits.

Shoes!

Comment by shoo (not verified) Tue, 03/23/2010 - 10:28

I do too!!

Shoes!

Comment by shoo (not verified) Tue, 03/23/2010 - 10:29

I do too!!

DX I used to do it the real

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 06/28/2010 - 20:37

DX I used to do it the real way and then I realized bunny ears (except I think of that way as the bow way) was essentially the same, and now I barely remember how...

Wait, No seriously...

Comment by Lyran (not verified) Wed, 07/21/2010 - 02:05

Wait, No seriously... There's another method to tying your shoes?

Why was I never told this?

(archive binging)

Comment by ColdFusion (not verified) Sat, 10/16/2010 - 23:31

I can beat that, I still have trouble understanding exactly what the other way IS. My 3D processing isn't very good.. so I'm bad with perspective.. and knots.. and telling real life from photos..

I stil do it too I...just

Comment by Dani (not verified) Tue, 10/19/2010 - 14:53

I stil do it too
I...just thought that was how you did it!

There's another way!?

shoelaces

Comment by twiglet (not verified) Fri, 02/11/2011 - 07:22

Yay for your shoelace method, I was 42 before I noticed that it's not what other people do. I always say I prefer the symmetry, but actually, the other way just does my head in.....
just found your strip yesterday, now working my way through it at every coffee break. Great stuff.

I bought shoes with elastic

Comment by Magwich (not verified) Thu, 05/19/2011 - 18:22

I bought shoes with elastic bands to avoid tying my shoes.

haha don't worry i'm in the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/06/2012 - 08:59

haha don't worry i'm in the same boat as you, i'm a bunny ears man.

GAHH

Comment by crazi-siempre (not verified) Sun, 03/04/2012 - 22:30

I'm the same way I just don't get how you tie your shoes without bunny ears or even remember any other way to do it and when I tried to tie my shoes once a different way I just totally failed at it

Bunny Ears

Comment by HaruhiFan (not verified) Fri, 10/26/2012 - 10:07

Don't worry. Your not the only one who does that and not the other way. BUNNY EAR PEOPLE, UNITE!!!!!