Uh

Uh

Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:05 by Ananth in response to so dumb

So sometimes you get your head in the game and you're just packing things like a machine and then you pack your packing supplies.

That's probably just me. Oh, as long as we're talking about me, I actually drew this one ... Yuko has been busy so I offer this sub-par rendition of Johnny Wander in her stead.

Oh, Yuko appears in Angela Melick's (Wasted Talent) convention journal comic, down towards the end - totally cute.

The Zoolology and Limited Edition Charcoal Grey Phoenix Down shirts are still in the store, although with some supplies depleted ... we do have a handy number of ladies Phoenix Down shirts, if you some of you gals are interested.

A note to those of you ordering and those of you who have ordered - there's going to be a slight delay in shipping (about a week) as we get moved in over the weekend. Sorry about that! We thought we could keep up, but prepping for the move has slowed us down a bit.

I ... think that's it! Have a good weekend, everyone.

Comments

That is NOT just you. I've

Comment by Sapph (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:17

That is NOT just you.
I've given tape as a bonus birthday gift on accident.

Thank goodness ... there's

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:27

Thank goodness ... there's someone to sit in the corner with me! Yuko says we have a one hour timeout. XD

ANNATH, YOU ARE TALENTED.

Comment by Shoy (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:17

The subject says it all.
(ps i like ur art. <3)

On another note: GOOD JOB! /thumbs up
I swear that's something I'd end up doing. Haha.

Ahhh thank you!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:27

Ahhh thank you!

Have been instructed by

Comment by Jude (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:18

Have been instructed by Yuko's twitter to tell you that you are talented! And it is true! :D You should draw more! MOAR I SAY.

Yuko is a liar and a cheat!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:28

Yuko is a liar and a cheat! But thank you. I will try to draw more!

Huh.

Comment by Kryger (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:22

Never done that before. xD Maybe that's how they "locked keys in the car" before cars! O:

And Ananth, you can draw. You could sub more often with the way it turned out.

oh and the previous button broke again. :>

M-maybe! We'll see ...

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:29

M-maybe! We'll see ... Yuko's art is a lot more expressive.

Dang, I'll ask Conrad to take a look. Thanks!

YESS

Comment by hillary (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:25

THIS IS SO EXCELLENT You can def draw

A-ah, thank you!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:30

A-ah, thank you!

prety good actually.

Comment by Twitch (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:31

shit guy, you've got a bit of talent there.

I will karate chop Yuko for

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:31

I will karate chop Yuko for this! But thank you.

This has not happened to me yet...

Comment by saullawl (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:32

... but It definitely will some day. I'm the kind of person that can't find the ketchup when it is right in front of me. :]

Also, awesome drawing skills are awesome. :O

Thanks!!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:31

Thanks!!

IKEA Quality Control...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:32

I once opened up an IKEA box to find a dirty screwdriver with a broken off tip. Since I got four identical shelving units, only one box had that odd screwdriver. No clue to why it was there.

i've done that before

Comment by Kathy (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:34

i've done that before :)

Also you're very talented, awesome artwork

Thanks! And whew! Let's

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:32

Thanks! And whew! Let's start a club.

OH NOES!!!

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:35

How you unlock books?!?!

Seriously, I've never done tat but I have accidentally packed, sealed and mailed all my underwear once before I realized I had no underwear in my suitcase to my next base and nowhere to stop on the way to buy more.

Spent one week in remote Germany in one pair of underwear until my boxes arrived.

Oh man, I feel for you ... I

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:33

Oh man, I feel for you ... I once only had one pair of underwear for part of a trip to India, due to poor planning. Shh, don't tell Yuko!

You sir, are good.

Comment by Andyman (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:39

Were you intentionally mimicking Yuko's artistic style, or was this simply what occurred when you placed pencil to paper?

Either way, despite the few variations in the panels, this is excellent. If you practice a bit, I guarantee your talent will shine.

I was deliberately aping

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:34

I was deliberately aping Yuko's style! I wanted it to be consistent ...

Aw, thanks! First time I ever enjoyed inking something.

What happened to yesterdays

Comment by Riku (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:39

What happened to yesterdays comic?
This one seems to have replaced it.
And whenever i press previous, it keep going back to the same comic.

Someone else said the same

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:34

Someone else said the same thing ... we'll look into it this upcoming week. I think if you click Previous twice, it'll take you to the right comic.

Yipes

Comment by Tarrant (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:40

I've never done that before, but damn is that a scary thought.

And Ananth! Stop having artistic self esteem as bad as Yuko's self body image! XD

Stop having artistic self

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:42

Stop having artistic self esteem as bad as Yuko's self body image! XD

Hahaha! Yuko doesn't have low esteem about her body image, she just doesn't like appearing girly.

wow

Comment by Ashiru (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:41

I'm in the midst of moving and I keep hoping I don't accidentally do something like this! (or do something worse) XD

Also, the comic looks very nice. You do SO have talent, mister. XP

I don't think you are in

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:38

I don't think you are in danger of doing it! I just got onto one track and didn't realize what I was doing until it was done.

Pocketknife

Comment by Dcloud (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:41

This is why have a pocketknife with a good edge is always nice and handy to have :) And I too think that you should draw more I know I enjoyed it

Thank you!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:39

Thank you!

Phoenix Down shirt!

Comment by Mooficus (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:45

I just got the limited ed. Phoenix Down shirt I buy'd online and it came with a happy little drawing from Yuko of a sleeping bird. GAH! So adorable! XD

*hasn't been this gleefully overjoyed in months and just wanted to tell Johnny Wander thanx for being awesome*

Aw man, glad we could make

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:44

Aw man, glad we could make your day! Remember to wash + dryer once before you wear it! The design gets softer, and any strange smells from the discharge chems will be washed away.

Um....

Comment by SgtDC (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:56

Please tell me that you had 2 rolls of tape?

Cuz sealing a roll of tape in a box, with the very roll of tape you used to seal the box, is rather talented...

Or am I weird in applying tape to box and then cutting it from the roll?

I do the exact same thing,

Comment by eli (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 00:45

I do the exact same thing, so I was wondering how one could cut off the tape if the scissors were sealed in the box.

THEN I realized one could cut off the tape before sealing it, durrrrf.

Usually I do it that way,

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:46

Usually I do it that way, but I was sharing a roll with someone, so I just cut a bunch of strips and hung them off of the table. And then ... sigh

Nicely done, mate!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:56

Nicely done, mate!

To my pleasant surprise, I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 00:36

To my pleasant surprise, I thought this as a guest comic, but it turns out Ananth can draw and stuff too.

Don't sell yourself short

Comment by Ron (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 01:27

The comic strip was very basic (just a box and you), but you did an amazing job of mimicking Yuko's style. I wouldn't have known she wasn't the artist had you not said anything.

As for the packing of the packing supplies... it's obviously not just you, based on the comments. That said, I have never even come close to doing that before.

I would definitely second

Comment by kabraxes (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:56

I would definitely second Ron you did a great job and if you hadn't told us that it was you who did the art work I may not have noticed, great job.

Thirded!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 11:41

If you hadn't told us, I never would have known! Good job. =)

And I'm moving soon myself. I will take what happened to you as a cautionary tale. Before sealing the box, I will ask myself, "Self, where is the tape and/or scissors?" XD

Hah, that's quite flattering

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:41

Hah, that's quite flattering of you guys to say. I kept it relatively uncomplicated so it wouldn't be terribly obvious.

Bwahaha!

Comment by Ashlee (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 02:41

I knew something was off--that handwriting in the comic was too bold and masculine for our little Yuko. <3

Ahaha ... we have

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:47

Ahaha ... we have surprisingly similar handwriting (I wasn't using my natural handwriting in the comic there), but the male and female versions of it. Hers is obviously much nicer, and perfect for lettering. ;)

Well,

Comment by Steve (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 02:43

At least you realized before packing for another 2 hours.

P.S. Nice to see somebody uses livejournals still.

P.P.S. See you Saturday XP

SATURDAY POWER MOVE

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:48

SATURDAY POWER MOVE

Derp-ber-derp

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 03:06

I've done that before with other things xP.
Never knew you were that artistic Ananth,thought you were just an excellent writer xD.

Dang, a double compliment

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:48

Dang, a double compliment ... you're gonna make me blush!

lol

Comment by Ant (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 03:31

lmao my dad did the same thing the other day

Ant ... I have something to

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:49

Ant ... I have something to tell you ...

I AM YOUR DAD

happened to me

Comment by max (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 03:48

happened to me when mailing christmas presents. ended up just sending the materials to one of our relatives. XD

wowowow! i wouldn't've

Comment by Kevinn. (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 04:22

wowowow!

i wouldn't've realised that you had drawn it without you saying so! the artstyle is so similar to yuko's; i think it would have been more fun to not mention it and see if us readers notice the artist swap heh :]