Uh

Uh

Wed, 08/12/2009 - 23:05 by Ananth in response to so dumb

So sometimes you get your head in the game and you're just packing things like a machine and then you pack your packing supplies.

That's probably just me. Oh, as long as we're talking about me, I actually drew this one ... Yuko has been busy so I offer this sub-par rendition of Johnny Wander in her stead.

Oh, Yuko appears in Angela Melick's (Wasted Talent) convention journal comic, down towards the end - totally cute.

The Zoolology and Limited Edition Charcoal Grey Phoenix Down shirts are still in the store, although with some supplies depleted ... we do have a handy number of ladies Phoenix Down shirts, if you some of you gals are interested.

A note to those of you ordering and those of you who have ordered - there's going to be a slight delay in shipping (about a week) as we get moved in over the weekend. Sorry about that! We thought we could keep up, but prepping for the move has slowed us down a bit.

I ... think that's it! Have a good weekend, everyone.

Comments

I thought about it but I

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:51

I thought about it but I didn't think it would turn out that similar! Apparently I was mistaken ...

Wow, just....wow

Comment by Keota (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 05:09

Never done anything like that, but there was this one I mailed a package with PUTTING ANYTHING IN IT! @.@ So I guess that makes us kinda even ^^;

On and great work on the art btw! I did not even notice the difference till you pointed it out! You should definately sub more often.

Glad you do comics...

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 07:19

I think I would be nervous if you were a surgeon.

Man, I would be nervous if I

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:53

Man, I would be nervous if I was a surgeon too. I would try to cross-reference what I was seeing with Trauma Center for the DS and Blackjack.

Yeah, I'd be an awesome surgeon.

You surely can draw, Ananth!

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 08:53

You surely can draw, Ananth! Nice skills!

that totally sucks!

Comment by John K (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 09:24

that totally sucks!

My opinion

Comment by Michael (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 10:22

Yeah, it wasn't fully Yuko's style but there are very few people who can fullly copy a style with there being no differences. Since you're primarily the writer you did a pretty awesome job Ananth, but then again you mention in Hawk's sketchbook/pamphlet thing that I got at Connecticon that you met him at an art class so it all makes sense. Any guest strips of yours are welcome dude.

Sadly, I dont have a

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 11:16

Sadly, I dont have a relatable thing to boast about. So I'll just mention the time that my sister put the corn flakes box into the refrigerator after making breakfast. We didnt notice until we all got home and found it.

One time someone I knew put

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:55

One time someone I knew put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard. We didn't notice till the next day. D:

When I was a young'un,

Comment by Max (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 20:54

When I was a young'un, instead of putting the remains of my sandwiches in the bin and my lunch box on the rack, I did a switcheroo. I had to fish that damn box out of there.

yeah, I accidentally did the

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 22:28

yeah, I accidentally did the same thing, but slightly different. My sandwiches were wrapped in cling wrap, and I accidentally threw out my sandwiches and held onto the cling wrap. They were peanut butter sandwiches. It scarred me for life :(

Great job!

Comment by Laura (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 13:42

You did a great job Ananth! I almost didn't even realize that you drew it until I saw Yuko's tweet about it (wait, is that weird that I follow you guys on twitter...? -_-;; )! Way to get Yuko's style down pat! It looks great!! c:

Aw, thanks! And it's totally

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:57

Aw, thanks! And it's totally not weird, the only reason we really keep them is to keep you guys (and ourselves) entertained. ;)

I'm dumb

Comment by Max (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 13:55

So I would say over half my job is packing up PC equipment and sending it to different locations for our company, and yet I still do the exact same thing. I've been doing this for over a year. I'm just forgetful about that one particular thing. Anyways, keep up the awesomeness.

Thank you! And I feel your

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 17:02

Thank you! And I feel your pain. XD

I rather like that all of

Comment by Pidgey (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 14:43

I rather like that all of the text is capitalized save for that very last e on "inside."

:D Neat that you noticed.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 17:04

:D Neat that you noticed. Usually if I'm writing in all caps and a word starts with e then I'll write E, otherwise it's e's everywhere.

I liked the tags.

Comment by Reddo (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 15:34

I liked the tags.

The title and the rollover

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/13/2009 - 17:05

The title and the rollover tag are related. ;)

Haha

Comment by Darktek13 (not verified) Thu, 08/13/2009 - 20:14

LOL
Poor Ananth

<3<3<3

Comment by Cronax (not verified) Fri, 08/14/2009 - 01:31

Just wanted to stop by to say I received the phoenix down shirt I ordered far faster then I expected it, and I felt all giddy when I saw the little koala drawing that came with it ^^ I'm thinking of doing something with it so I can put it on my PC desk at home ^^

H... How?...

Comment by crybringer (not verified) Fri, 08/14/2009 - 08:30

B-but... if you taped the box, and... *all* the supplies including the tape are inside...? YOU'RE MAGICAL. That's what it is.

Seriously though, good job man! You controlled screentones, which I can't do well.

^_^

Comment by Nikkerz (not verified) Fri, 08/14/2009 - 20:38

I've done this as well... but I just tore open the package because I wanted my scissors back!!!

And very good job there Ananth!!! ^__^

I stand amazed... wow!

Comment by Lola (not verified) Fri, 08/14/2009 - 23:00

Ananth: you did a magnificent job in mimicking Yuko's style. Everyone would've been still clueless if you didn't clarify it! My question, however, would be: why haven't you tried drawing a webcomic by yourself, actively? Is it because you enjoy writing more or is there a darker, "ulteriorer" thing to it?

I just had a perfect idea

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 02:17

I just had a perfect idea for a real men of genius commercial:
"Today we salute you, Mister "I taped up the box with the tape and scissors in, and have no way to get them out" guy"

That said, I've locked my house keys in my house before, so I can't talk.

I liked the art, its different enough to notice, but manages to maintain the "johnny wander" style I love in Yuko's art. Honestly I didn't notice any difference in quality level (Or, as it would better be said, "sub-par rendition? Bollocks!"), just a difference in design.

I got one word for you my friend:

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Mon, 08/17/2009 - 17:37

Deadbolts

Makes it a lot harder to lock yourself out. True, they are slightly less convenient, but they're fairly secure too.

By far the "I can't lock myself out of my house" feature wins. ;-)

My uncle once locked himself

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Mon, 08/17/2009 - 20:17

My uncle once locked himself in his house once because of a deadbolt. I have no idea how he managed to do it though.

Huh, you did the art, eh?

Comment by Zombieplasticclock (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 14:10

It's really good! It looks like Yuko's normal art for the comic. Hell, it's better than my attempt when I tried to make an animation based on Johnny Wander :P

Oh yeah:

Comment by Zombieplasticclock (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 14:11

You aren't the worst at bad packing. My brother had a whole bunch of fireworks in the trunk of his car, baking in the summer sun, with a lighter next to them

Are you people and my family psychically conjoined?

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 18:44

I actually did this very same thing today. Followed by several salvos of laughter from Joyce and Matt (POWER-PACKING-FOR-GERMANY MODE ACTIVATE. FORM OF: HAND CRAMPS.)

As for "sub-par rendition....": RUBBISH! Just looks like a new structure.
Ananth: Artist, excellent writer, comic, and somehow psychically conjoined (with delay) to me.

That's some awesome fail there.XD

Comment by Klawzie (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 19:03

SKILL.Yeah, I'm used to either cutting off of the roll after taping the box up, or having a fancy dispenser thing that cuts it for you, so luckily this has not happened.Oh, moving stories, I could elaborate on you so far, but it would take hours..The Georgia to Missouri move I made a few years back was NOT fun.

And actually, honestly Ananth..I barely noticed a difference between this comic and the usual ones.You did a very good job of emulating the style.:3 Or maybe that's just how you normally draw, I don't know.XD

I have to say, I almost feel like I'm ripping off yuko since I draw myself almost identical to how she draws herself..I never draw my eyes because of my glasses, and I..I'll admit, I draw myself quite a bit thinner.I guess I read this comic too much.Wait, I lied, you can never read this comic too much.

This comment is very long.Oops.o-o;

wow... its not just me

Comment by SnowEyes (not verified) Sat, 08/15/2009 - 19:33

i do that too, the packing of the packing supplies. i do it way too often. i think im either a ditz or just naturally un-noticing of stuff. but i read this comic AND applegeeks and they're both my favorites, although i have to say Johnny Wander is more of a favorite because of the fact that its relate-able. (shuddap, i know my english sucks)

Rennaissance Man?

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Mon, 08/17/2009 - 17:38

He's almost there. He can write and draw (much better than I can). Now he just has to be proficient with a musical instrument. Preferably a real one, but Rock Band or Guitar Hero is a start :-D

I thought so... :P

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Mon, 08/17/2009 - 22:11

Haha, that's great! I knew there was something different about it, not so much in the style as the.. uh... well, feeling of the comic. You can usually tell when a different artist is doing something, because artists put a little bit of themselves in their compositions, and it's apparent that it wasn't Yuko.
Or maybe I'm just weird.
It's great, though. As everyone else said, you're talented.

I think my brother has done something like this. Usually for me, it's during breakfast. Most things go in the refrigerator after breakfast, so I have put the Cereal boxes in the fridge without noticing on occasion.

.___.

Comment by Alexie_dennison (not verified) Wed, 08/19/2009 - 01:23

Why do you Guys move so much?
I read this Comic from start to finish...
and I think you guys have moved like 3 times...
Whats up with that?

I am so happy this happened

Comment by Jessi (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 20:23

I am so happy this happened to someone else!

HOW.

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 06/28/2010 - 20:40

HOW.

Open the crate with the

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Thu, 08/05/2010 - 10:16

Open the crate with the crowbar you will find inside...