Hardwood floors for miles!

Hardwood floors for miles!

Tue, 08/18/2009 - 10:15 by Ananth in response to pardon our dust

Poor John and Yuko. They actually came in a couple of times in the 2 weeks prior to move-in to make the place spotless, and then everyone came in and tromped around in shoes. Dammit! Oh, and thank you to the Front Row Crew and Yuko's parents, who showed up as a veritable moving army and helped us get done before noon. Unbelievable!

Move-in was a measure of physical fitness, as we had to carry everything up five flights of stairs. Needless to say, none of us passed muster. Everything is in, though, but sadly we have no Internet access. Comics will update on time, but our responses to comments and e-mails will likely be a bit staggered until we're all hooked up.

Lastly, prepare to see a couple of new faces in the strip! How exciting!

Comments

I just helped my sister and

Comment by Joe (not verified) Wed, 08/19/2009 - 12:18

I just helped my sister and bro-in-law move a couple weeks ago. The dresser and the TV were a pain in the ass.
The only thing we could be thankful for was that we were going down three flights of stairs and up one, rather than the other way around.

Wow, that is EXACTLY what

Comment by Bakamoichigei (not verified) Wed, 08/19/2009 - 22:47

Wow, that is EXACTLY what moving into my new apartment was like. xD Except of course that it still looks like the second picture...two months later. ;(

I'm just glad there wasn't anything particularly BIG AND HEAVY to move. Pretty much all my furniture comes apart.

After nine years with funky, uncomfortable, and cheap carpeting, I'm really digging the 100% wall-to-wall hardwood flooring. (Also the whole twice-as-big-as-my-old-place-for-LESS thing)

Aughosdfh

Comment by Rose (not verified) Wed, 08/19/2009 - 23:57

You sir, are not making my move any more NERVE RACKING. OH NO SIR.

Fajerwerki

Comment by fajerwerki sklep (not verified) Sat, 12/19/2009 - 13:50

awsome topic, just bookmarked your article for future referrence

Luki sportowe

Comment by luki tradycyjne (not verified) Fri, 12/25/2009 - 11:03

You write awsome article, thank you for interesting read