*sob* Internet ... come back to meeee

*sob* Internet ... come back to meeee

Tue, 08/25/2009 - 14:11 by Ananth in response to the most terrible thing

AHHHHHH we still don't have internet - sorry we couldn't reply to comments the last time around. There seems to be a notion that John and Conrad are dead and replaced! This is not the case at all. Conrad is still living with us, and John lives just 6 blocks away from us - we've actually been uploading the comics from his place until we get hooked up to sweet, sweet internet.

Actually, having no internet has been pretty stressful, since we tend to do most of our business over the web ... if you guys e-mail us and we don't get back to you right away, please be patient! This is a difficult time for us. *sob* The comic will continue to be posted a tad slow, and we'll be slow to reply to comments.

good byeeeeeeeee (forever) *sob*

Comments

Come back internet!

Comment by Guilherme (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 07:45

I don't know what is worst. Slow internet or not internet at all.

Are those new guys musicians?

Hugs from Brazil.
=*

Steve and Mike are both

Comment by Ananth Wed, 08/26/2009 - 12:06

Steve and Mike are both musicians! Steve's a DJ, he does a set from 2-4 on Thursdays. We'll post the info some time.

Banana

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 08:18

I told you I'd say it. this is the first of many.

lack of internet

Comment by Kate (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 08:34

I just moved into a new place temporarily for my job and the internet here is a bit scetchy sometimes. It will go out without warning and be out for half the day and then randomly come back on again. Very irritating, especially when you are trying to get anything done. What did we ever do before computers?

I can has Mike and Steve plz?

Comment by Farorna (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 09:06

Yay, some new people appeared! 8D
Welcome to Johnny Wander, Mike and Steve!!

On the flipside, no internet. D: Nuuuuu. I hope you get it fixed soon; internet withdrawal syndrome is a terrible thing.

Then again you should just hang out at the library all day and use all their interwebs. YOUR CALL.

Man the no interweb must

Comment by John K (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 09:44

Man the no interweb must RELLY suck!

OH MY GOD WE GOT INTERNET

Comment by Ananth Wed, 08/26/2009 - 12:08

OH MY GOD WE GOT INTERNET YESSSS

Welcome back to teh Collective

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 14:04

Your technological distinctiveness has been readded. Resistance is futile.

Whooo! New dudes!

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 13:44

And they're both musicians? Cool beans :P

Oh my god, a lack of internet? I would die. Not because I wouldn't have anything to do but I use the net as a way to keep in touch with A LOT of people (friends, fans, potential music associates, etc) and I go crazy when I can't get in tough with my peeps D:

I feel your pain...

Comment by Jami-Mae (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 14:11

*Sigh* I feel your pain. I, too had to endure in the painful week or so without internet. It REALLY sucks. But now It's back...Sweet, sweet internet...Back...Back...My baby...OH! Sorry, I was just er...Heh, heh... <_< >_>

Books are your friend.

Comment by Smab (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 17:13

I had my network card die and after trying everything else I gave it 3 days(long weekend) to start working (the time-out approach has worked for me before) I head House Of Leaves, Memoirs of a Geshia, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and some of The Fountainhead and then we replaced it. About 1100 pages.

Being a reader comes greatly in handy when the internet dies, when I was a kid it made the punishment of grounding me from the computer useless.

Whenever I've been without

Comment by eagle (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 22:09

Whenever I've been without net I've always relied on neighbors in the building who don't understand wireless security... :3

I'd have to say though, being without internet isnt a loss if you have other things to do.

The big problem is that we

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/27/2009 - 08:49

The big problem is that we do most of our client work over the internet, so not having net access means our work hits a wall. :/

It sort of looks like Yuko

Comment by Gren (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 23:18

It sort of looks like Yuko is removing a few bones each day to amuse herself, until all that is left is a flopping mollusk.

grah.... when I was at my

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 08/26/2009 - 23:29

grah....
when I was at my gran's house I couldn't get wifi because she had her son set it up, and she didn't know the password! D:
so sad.

i feel your pain ='[

Comment by Fabian De Valle (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 00:52

i once had spent like 2 weeks without internet due to the fact that my neighbor couldn't afford it anymore (i was pitching in too =/)

I went 3 weeks net-less when

Comment by Nick (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 03:22

I went 3 weeks net-less when i moved last year. The trick is to have plenty of console and single-player PC games to fall back on. It helps for only a few days before the serious withdrawal sets in, but it helps none-the-less.

No internet for a

Comment by PT (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 14:01

No internet for a while...*goes into a fetal position*

No seriously, I'd get bored like hell...

I once got my computer screen busted from playing Counter-Strike. If you are wondering how that game busted my computer screen, one word, flash grenade. The brightness kinda killed the screen and I was like WHY because it never happend.

I got a new computer screen in the end.

The Bare Essentials

Comment by minetruly (not verified) Sun, 01/23/2011 - 19:45

I visited some people who were in the process of moving into their new home. The 18-year-old daughter's room had no furniture, bed, posters, knicknacks, pillows, or anything else. It was completely empty, except for the most vital thing:

The girl was sitting on the floor of her empty room, with her laptop computer plugged into the wall.

She had everything she needed.