sorry John we are jerks

sorry John we are jerks

Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:10 by Ananth in response to we make a nice gradient

H-Hey guys! So we have internet again, that's cool. Actually, funny thing about that ... we got all hooked up, and everyone was really excited, and then 2 hours in, one by one, we all admitted that we had caught up on work e-mails and exhausted the entertainment value of the internet. We ended up doing other things like reading books and talking to each other, which I know sounds crazy, but please believe me when I say it is true. We also went to bed, which sounds even crazier and you don't have to believe me if you don't want to.

I think our ethnicities are mostly obvious, Yuko does a good job with that.

Ahaha, and to clear us of wrongdoing, John told us it was okay to put the last part in - he actually lives down the street from us, and comes over so often we gave him a key. He laughed! You gotta believe me!

Comments

Planeteers?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:28

So if John is Captain Planet, who's the unlucky sot who gets to be Ma-Ti?

Conrad. I get the feeling

Comment by Tenhauser (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:36

Conrad.

I get the feeling he'll love the free monkey that comes with the ring.

I have never been hurt by

Comment by conrad Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:57

I have never been hurt by the internet more than I have been at this moment. ToT

Focus!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 14:16

Come on man! Free monkey! You can like, order it to fling poo at people or something.

YAY!

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 19:54

Free monkeys for everybody!

Then my job here is done. 8D

Comment by Tenhauser (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 10:00

Then my job here is done. 8D

YOU NEED TO ALL HAVE

Comment by Jude (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:32

YOU NEED TO ALL HAVE RINGS.

AND YOU NEED TO SUMMON *~CAPTAIN PLANET~*

8D!!

Haha, I love how I'm not the

Comment by Jude (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:34

Haha, I love how I'm not the only one who first thought of the Planeteers!

Oh. Silly me. It's in the

Comment by Jude (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:35

Oh. Silly me. It's in the tags. o_o NOW I FEEL LESS SPECIAL. :(

GOOOOOO PLANET!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:33

I would guess that Yuko would be 'Heart' 'cause she's the little cute one. =)

I can't remember what her name was though--

Comment by Aido Thu, 08/27/2009 - 18:39

Unfortunately, I think I have to be "Water" because I'm the Asian-Ish-Girl. XD

oh.

Comment by Cafall (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 21:16

I guess I'm not the only one who immediately thought, "With our powers combined...!"

Actually...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 09:58

I'm curious who would get wind. If we're going by matching up the people by race/nationality, I'm afraid that Ananth will be the one stuck with heart (since Ma-ti was some sort of weird conglomeration of South/Central American, Indian, and whatever other ethnicity Ted Turner thought he missed).

But who among you has roots in the former Soviet Union?

I'm dating Rachelle, whose

Comment by conrad Fri, 08/28/2009 - 12:54

I'm dating Rachelle, whose mother was both in Russia. I guess that means I get it? ^^;

Nice try....

Comment by Ron (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 12:15

Ma-ti.

ToT

Comment by conrad Mon, 08/31/2009 - 09:05

ToT

It was a valiant effort,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 08/31/2009 - 10:39

It was a valiant effort, Conrad, but I guess there's just no arguing with complete strangers over the interwebs.

Gah! Wayback machine broken

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 09/01/2009 - 15:12

...I don't remember her name either! All I can remember is Minka (wind).

...I sometimes wonder at the flytrap that is my mind. X_X

I am intrigued

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 12:47

I am intrigued at what Captain Race (Captain Multiculture?) would look like. Would he just be a guy who happens to be really knowledgeable about peoples' heritage?

I too am intrigued

Comment by Cassie-Jo (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 09:08

Yes. And like how Captain Planet is blue and green, he would be a rainbow of all ethnicities and cultures.

And only eats fish.

Comment by conrad Fri, 08/28/2009 - 12:58

Asian eyes, African facial structure, South American skin tone, with a European build. And he only speaks Esperanto.

Not Esperanto, Volapük!

Comment by Darius (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 12:13

Not Esperanto, Volapük!

SO INCLUSIVE.

Comment by Annie (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:33

You guys are like the cover to a college brochure.

It is pretty embarrassing!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:39

It is pretty embarrassing!

Sooo...

Comment by Sparkie (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:59

I can't see Tuesday's comic >: Maybe it's me....

It's a problem we're working

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/27/2009 - 18:27

It's a problem we're working on ... go back and then forward, or access it from the archive for the time being. Sorry! ):

I saw it more as the Mighty

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:02

I saw it more as the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers... With John as Zordon.

First of all...

Comment by SgtDC (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:23

This.

Secondly, yall aren't supposed to talk to each other when you're bored of the internet after not having it for so long.... If anything you should have all signed into some IM, and sat in the same room IMing each other. That way you can at least pretend that all the pain and suffering you went through without the net, was actually well founded.

"We ended up doing other

Comment by Eleriel (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:31

"We ended up doing other things like reading books and talking to each other."

it sounds like a very dystopian adventure indeed.
There Is No Talking In Internet-Land!

Banana

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:46

that makes 2!

Only on Johnny Wander is

Comment by Michael M. (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 11:48

Only on Johnny Wander is everyone a "halftone."

Now all you need is a kid in

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 12:05

Now all you need is a kid in a wheelchair, and you will be every 1980's diversity PSA ever.

Attempted murder: the answer to all your problems

Comment by CameoAppearance (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 20:19

Save on roommates! Push somebody (I recommend drawing straws, that way it's fair) off the roof and hope they don't actually die!

Those stairs'd sure be

Comment by Sue (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 03:27

Those stairs'd sure be interesting to navigate in a wheelchair.

I guess you could make a case for a lack of sense of smell as a handicap. Poor Conrad. :(

MUTLTICULTURAL SQUAD

Comment by Kairan (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 12:26

I'd watch that show. And eat the cereal. And I hate cereal.

~*KA*~

I'm sensing...

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 13:32

I'm sensing a Power Rangers/Captain Planet theme coming in.

Ananth: Script!
Yuko: Pen!
Conrad: Ink!
Mike: Paper!
Steve: Caffine!

John: With your powers combined, I am Captain Pl- JohnnyWander!

I'm pretty sure Conrad would

Comment by Yenian (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 19:35

I'm pretty sure Conrad would be 'caffeine'. Steve would probably be 'music'.

Yeah,

Comment by Steve (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 01:07

Conrad is DEFINITELY caffeine. See: Monster Java. Conrad can't get enough.

The most politically correct!

Comment by Yeili (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 14:28

Awesome.
Don't forget to put Steve and Mike on the cast page~

Is Yuko standing on a box,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 19:18

Is Yuko standing on a box, or in mid-leap?

BOTH.

Comment by JaguarJax (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 19:45

mid-leap off a box. it's the only way.

:P

Come on...

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 21:10

be fair, she may be vertically challenged but, she isn't Gimli!
We all know that the planeteers founded green peace, so logically the so.... multiculter-squad would end up founding something equally as ignored, like the UN or something.

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 19:59

Johnny Wander Multicultural Planeteer CosPlay.
Rings for everybody.
And a monkey.
Draw it.
You know you want to...
Pretty please with chocolate lava inside...

O_o

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 20:05

Chocolate Lava?

Lava Cakes

Comment by Kuraimizu (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 06:00

Chocolate Lava Cakes.
Chocolate cake with a creamy Chocolate sauce
on the inside.

You're the symbol of the

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 20:39

You're the symbol of the America being a melting pot of culture and ethnicity, you're the example for all to follow....wow, th-that actually sounds pretty awful. Do you at least get to have various diverse food?

and by awful I in no way

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 20:41

and by awful I in no way meant it must be awful living together or that anyone there aren't cool cats or anything. just that you are a symbol of americas Diversity. minus the gun wielding war mongering fast food enthusiasts.

But...but I like gun

Comment by Kevin (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 20:48

But...but I like gun wielding, war mongering fast food!

Wow.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 07:24

I just pictured Wendy with a pith helmet and a hunting rifle.
It was glorious.

Ironically

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 20:58

All they manage to summon with their super diversity powers is a 19th century white army colonel with plans for Imperialism abroad.