sorry John we are jerks

sorry John we are jerks

Thu, 08/27/2009 - 10:10 by Ananth in response to we make a nice gradient

H-Hey guys! So we have internet again, that's cool. Actually, funny thing about that ... we got all hooked up, and everyone was really excited, and then 2 hours in, one by one, we all admitted that we had caught up on work e-mails and exhausted the entertainment value of the internet. We ended up doing other things like reading books and talking to each other, which I know sounds crazy, but please believe me when I say it is true. We also went to bed, which sounds even crazier and you don't have to believe me if you don't want to.

I think our ethnicities are mostly obvious, Yuko does a good job with that.

Ahaha, and to clear us of wrongdoing, John told us it was okay to put the last part in - he actually lives down the street from us, and comes over so often we gave him a key. He laughed! You gotta believe me!

Comments

I would watch it.

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 21:38

I feel that there should be a Saturday Morning cartoon attached to all of this. Cheesy opening song and everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Multicultural Rangers!

Fighting racism day and night!

Multicultural Rangers!

Fighting wrongs as they make things right!

ROLE CALL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You get the idea :3

Hahahaha actually living in

Comment by Ananth Thu, 08/27/2009 - 21:47

Hahahaha actually living in a multi-cultural household opens us up to some pretty colorful conversations sometimes. XD WE MAY NOT BE THE BEST ROLE MODELS ALL OF THE TIME

Inspired

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 21:52

I'm still inspired. I can already hear the theme song in my head. Its a good excuse to take a break from working on my own album :P

I hope you are. :D

Comment by conrad Fri, 08/28/2009 - 13:05

D-dude, you're not actually writing this are you?

xD

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 14:44

I may or may not. Its one of those things I'd most likely do on a drunken/sleep deprived whim. Still, it would be nice to write a song that isn't totally serious for once xD

You should totally do it

Comment by Adam M (not verified) Mon, 08/31/2009 - 06:05

Jonathan Coulton, Weird Al, and others have made careers out of not-totally-serious songs. "Multicultural Rangers" could be your breakthrough hit!

Awsome!

Comment by Prime23 (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 00:56

This kicks copious amounts of ass! After the first time I listened to it I couldn't stop (I think I'm on the 7th go through now).

You have made a fan out of me.

See no if you were really

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 21:43

See no if you were really THE MOST politically correct at least one other person would have to be a lady.
As it stands, since there's only one lady, she's the "token girl character"
Only when there are two female characters will it be totally correct on all levels.

get a twofer?

Comment by murray (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 02:10

how about a female in a wheelchair?

Even Better!

Comment by Handsome Nick (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 03:55

How about a female wheelchair?

It would look like the Sweet

Comment by CameoAppearance (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 08:06

It would look like the Sweet Cuppin' Cakes wheelchair, only pink.

Just get some suits. . .

Comment by Beelzebub (not verified) Thu, 08/27/2009 - 22:55

. . .and you can be the front page to every business site ever. Everyone just needs to be looking at a wall looking interested as if there is somehow a VERY interesting power point running.

Except in a Microsoft Poland

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 06:24

Except in a Microsoft Poland ad...then I think everyone but Conrad and Yuko would need to be photoshopped with alternate pictures of Conrad making different faces.

And I would've gotten away with it too!

Comment by Heath (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 00:24

Go get yourselves a talking dog (John?), and a giant green van, and you're all set to solve some mysteries. He might need some convincing so be sure to stock up on scooby snacks.

I'm having flashbacks....

Comment by Captain Planet (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 04:28

Oh ye gods all you kids need now are a bunch of power rings with one of you having the most useless and lame power ring ever (honestly now...heart? what kinda dipshit power is that?).

Oh and a creepy old black woman who lives all alone on an island with accommodation prepared for a group of young people and some vehicles that using current technology can't possibly exist.

So out of you. Who gets the shitty ring?

MULTIPASS

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 09/01/2009 - 15:20

"(honestly now...heart? what kinda dipshit power is that?)"

Ha! Only the power to save the world!

/Fifth Element

Shoot, you guys

Comment by Cassie-Jo (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 09:00

You need your own cereal and lunch boxes.

I would so buy the lunchbox.

And eat the cereal in it.

Me too.

Comment by Sue (not verified) Fri, 09/11/2009 - 01:24

No bowl. Just cereal and milk inside the lunchbox.

Ironically, within mere

Comment by Cassie-Jo (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 09:14

Ironically, within mere moments of my seeing this page at the office, I was given a stack of papers listing applied students (I work at a college) to look them up and figure out their ethnicities. XD

CAPTAIN MULTICULTURE I NEED YOU

ugh

Comment by Chuck (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 16:26

Don't tell me that's a factor in whether or not you admit them.

That would make this awkward

Comment by Cassie-Jo (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 20:38

Haha, no. But you'll find with most colleges the government requires us to ask for statistical purposes.

feelin' lucky? are ya?

Comment by Jess (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 09:51

LOL john...yuko draws the most priceless faces...

I'm not good at anything

Comment by Briar246 (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 10:30

I was just wondering what ever became of that "I'm Not Good at Anything" shirt that Yuko drew and put on Threadless. I loved that shirt and was hoping to by it....

You know, I was just

Comment by conrad Fri, 08/28/2009 - 13:02

You know, I was just thinking about that! I want one too!!

everyone does!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 20:57

everyone does!

I.. sorta can't tell!

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 19:45

Well, I guess I can identify everyone else, but the white-looking dude who is not Conrad.. is he Irish?
I don't wanna assume or anything. 'Cuz that's bad.

Culture is wonderful. And colorful, too.
John's expression on the bottom is very funny.

Half German, 1/4 Italian,

Comment by Steve (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 10:24

Half German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Polish

Thanks for asking. :P

Well it's a good thing I

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 11:51

Well it's a good thing I asked, because I was TOTALLY wrong :DDD
Yay for learning!

Am I?

Comment by divastarz63 (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 19:51

Am I the only person who just doesn't know the ethnicity of everyone minus Yuko?

Steve & Conrad have European

Comment by Ananth Fri, 08/28/2009 - 22:01

Conrad has a European background ... not sure what specifically!

Steve is half German, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Italian!

John has a largely Irish background!

Mike is African American!

Ananth (me) is Indian American!

Yuko is half Japanese, half Caucasian (for anyone who didn't know)!

Question for you then

Comment by Vero (not verified) Fri, 08/28/2009 - 22:36

Question for you then Ananth........ OMIGOSH I JUST REALIZED I MUST HAVE BEEN MISPRONOUNCING YOUR NAME THIS WHOLE TIME. (I never noticed the second "n" so I was was pronouncing it anne-ith)

Anyway, what do you think of Indian restaurants? Is it true that restaurants can't make good Indian food?

Actually the Indian

Comment by Ananth Sat, 08/29/2009 - 09:53

Actually the Indian restaurants I grew up around (in DC) were largely okay! Indian restaurants are typically run by Indian, Pakistani, or Bengali people, which means you're usually getting the real deal.

Yeah,

Comment by Steve (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 10:27

My European mutt-ness is listed a few comments up. :)

I edited my comment for

Comment by Ananth Sat, 08/29/2009 - 16:24

I edited my comment for accuracy too. :) Got to make sure I get it right!

Huh...

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 04:43

With that mish-mash of gastrointestinal cuisines to test the digestive fortitude, what are dinners like in the Johnny Wander household?

Good job with the Ethnicities?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 06:20

I honestly thought Yuko was a small white boy for like, the first twenty strips. *shrug* It's more obvious to me now though...

Same.

Comment by Lt_Granger (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 06:33

Same thing happened to me a few months back, Dont worry, your internet using ways will return to you in about a week.

I love John's expression.

Comment by WOAHLOOKOUT (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 22:05

I love John's expression. Never has an image so personified the phrase "Razzum Frazzum."

Go squad!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 08/29/2009 - 22:09

Also, I love how Yuko has to jump to reach the others' hands.

This thing is reminding me

Comment by Winlove (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 00:34

This thing is reminding me of the show, "Friends".

but everyone was

Comment by louie (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 01:56

but everyone was white.

right?

Almost

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 08:23

Where's your prawn member?

Banana

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 18:30

Three!

Come and knock on our door

Comment by Heath (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 20:59

Maybe a Three's Company-esque sitcom? Where's Mr. Furley when you need him?!

This may be a little silly,

Comment by K (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 22:22

This may be a little silly, but I always did wonder if Yuko was full Japanese. :o

I FEEL SO MUCH CLOSER WITH EVERYONE NOW THAT I KNOW ;_;

WAT.

Comment by Rose (not verified) Sun, 08/30/2009 - 22:24

... ANANTH. I THOUGHT YOU WERE JEWISH?!

I believe "Ananth" is hebrew

Comment by Ananth Sun, 08/30/2009 - 23:15

I believe "Ananth" is hebrew for "Indian"

Aw, poor John. He will be

Comment by Angie (not verified) Mon, 08/31/2009 - 14:20

Aw, poor John. He will be missed.
Sort of...He'll probably still be in most comics.

I'm pretty sure on everyone's ethnicity. Except Ananth. If it weren't for his last name, I'd think he was hispanic.

Bc dark skin = Latino?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/01/2009 - 02:06

Bc dark skin = Latino? Doesn't look hispanic to me... But then I grew up in San Antonio & am Puerto Rican.... Or you're joking.....

He looks so much like this

Comment by Chuck (not verified) Tue, 09/01/2009 - 02:51

He looks so much like this Mexican guy I know that it's scary, actually.