A departure!

A departure!

Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:26 by Ananth in response to well, maybe your head would've been better

It's all trueeeee

Not really. Yuko recently told me she was getting bored of doing simple autobio comics, and truth be told I've been wanting to mix it up as well, so ... we're mixing it up! There's a little bit of fictional continuity for you. Yuko will appear without an arm for the rest of Johnny Wander. (not really) And naw, that doesn't mean the end of autobio comics! But we might be flexing a bit. ;)

We're going to be posting something awesome as soon as we get permission, so if you just checked the site, please check back later. ;)

Also, Yuko's Maw figurine is still up for voting!

Comments

Descendant of the Jawas?

Comment by Blankus (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:34

Descendant of the Jawas?

UTINNI!

Comment by Kacy Smith (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:36

UTINNI!

I can't abide those Jawas

Comment by Virtual Bob (not verified) Tue, 09/08/2009 - 10:05

Togo togu!
A beton nya mombay m'bwa!

Comment by Jennifer (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:39

I've actually been hoping for something of this style to come along. The autobio stuff is great, don't get me wrong, but the "Or it might be about something else entirely" on the "About" page has always had me expecting to see something a little fantastical thrown in.

I'd be sad about the bananas, too. :'(

Glad to hear people are open

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:20

Glad to hear people are open to a little bit of change. :)

Ditto

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 09:05

I'm with you completely. A little fiction mixed in with autobio makes life interesting.

0_0

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:40

Presented for your perusal: An urban subway station--a place where thousands come and go, just another stop on their busy daily lives. For one Yuko Ota, however, it's not just another day. For when she steps onto the subway, she too is on her way--next stop: The Twilight Zone.

Haha! You, Razor, are funny!

Comment by Viga (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 15:18

Haha! You, Razor, are funny!

=D

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 17:00

Glad it was funny, because at the end even I was creeping myself out. =) That show scares the hootie out of me...

Next time on JW

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:55

Ananth and the gang go spelunking in search of Yuko's arm. What obstacles will they encounter in teh NYC underground? Will they find allies or more enemies? Find out next time on Johnny Wander.

Haha, we probably won't take

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:21

Haha, we probably won't take it quite that far any time soon. ;) Maybe some day!

Subway Arm Jawas are a

Comment by Kosciej (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:01

Subway Arm Jawas are a serious problem. I think the mayor's coming out with a new program to eradicate them.

It got cut, no funding!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:22

It got cut, no funding! Expect a marked increase in arm-theft rates.

Jawa Eradication

Comment by DoomDuck (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 00:16

Clearly the solution is to import larger fictional creatures to eliminate the jawas.

Though importing THE MAWS would work, I find it too creepy. My vote goes out to importing chupacabras.

(I bet jawas are like goats underneath the hoods.)

~DD

Arm

Comment by Michael M (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:14

She should get a bionic arm, or go the Hsu and Chan route and give her prosthetic claw.

Hsu and Chan, man! I'd

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:23

Hsu and Chan, man! I'd forgotten about 'em.

I've forgotten many times.

Comment by Pit (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 01:43

I've forgotten many times. http://www.spookingtons.com/ bookmarked now.

My first thought for some

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:15

My first thought for some reason was "Tonberry?"

That or the black mages!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:23

That or the black mages!

[expletive] TONBERRIES. THAT

Comment by Contagonist (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 15:45

[expletive] TONBERRIES. THAT IS ALL.

Curses!

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:18

Damn, Kacy beat me to it.

I've been plagued for years by the desire to see what on earth Jawas look like under those hoods...

...

Perhaps.... perhaps they DO look like tonberries!(?)

No man can know!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:24

No man can know!

Hmm...

Comment by Radiomaru (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:35

What's all this talk of Jawas? I'm reminded more of Vivi from Final Fantasy.

Little known fact...Vivi was

Comment by Wrex (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:21

Little known fact...Vivi was half Jawa

Definitely saw a black mage

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:30

Definitely saw a black mage at first! Someone stole her hat. ),:

I'm also loving the

Comment by Ryder (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:36

I'm also loving the adventurous strides with the art. I didn't know Yuko had pupils!

Maybe someday...

Comment by Joe (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 07:24

Maybe someday we'll get to see Ananth's eyes.
...
...Nahhh

I hope my arm isn't taken.

Comment by L33tNinjaMaster (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:48

I hope my arm isn't taken. :'(

Btw, I voted for the Maw, Yuko!

I immediately thought she

Comment by Michael M. (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 11:55

I immediately thought she was going to bring it to sell in the Floating Market in London Below.

She will never make it

Comment by Deluxe (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 17:58

She will never make it across Night's Bridge, with a basket of arms weighing her down!

ONOES! Last stop for Johnny

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 12:05

ONOES! Last stop for Johnny Wander autobiographical comic onlyness, gone!

That's ok. Let's go a'wandering! <3

We'll ease into whatever it

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:32

We'll ease into whatever it is, don't worry! We're not even sure what "it" is yet.

JAWA

Comment by Kalathandra (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 12:22

I knew the NYC subways had something waiting for those body parts when they popped off...they are so sneaky <3

But cool Idea about mixing up the autobio comics, that'll be really cool mixing the fiction in every now and then. Makes things even more interesting

Love the Maw by the way!

Glad you like the idea as

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:32

Glad you like the idea as well! We anticipated more resistance ... !

Irresistable.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 07:26

It's hard to resist when you open with a cute little Black Tonjawaberry Mage.

Banana

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 12:59

Allriiight, up to seven now!

Bananas

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:29

I hope this banana thing becomes a meme in the comics ^^

An armed response...

Comment by mylemonblue (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:03

Bwahahahaha.... An arm demon. That rocks! I love your sense of humor. Totally fits my own weird sense of humor. More please. ^____^

Looks like Black Mage's Auntie

Comment by Jer-oh-me (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:06

The arm collector looks she could be related to the Black Mage from Final Fantasy. Always thought he was supposed to look like a little spirit fellow from Hungary.

All this talk of her arm...

Comment by ColdfireSerge (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:16

I know the arm is important and all, but it is also grabbing her groceries!! How will she cook dinner!?

It's a sad story ):

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:34

It's a sad story ):

First of all, is that the

Comment by PT (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:17

First of all, is that the arm she uses to draw with?
And second, was she saying no for losing her arm OR losing what was in the bag? (Or the bag itself is value enough Lol...)

Also, woah, the subway took its damn time leaving the station.
Just enough to make Yuko suffer and see what happens o__o...

Where did the blood go tho o3o?

Ahhh you might be taking it

Comment by Ananth Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:36

Ahhh you might be taking it too seriously!

How so O__O? I didn't

Comment by PT (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 01:34

How so O__O?
I didn't honestly expect a real answer or anything lol -3-...
Also, Yuko's eyes are kinda freaky and I do not know why...

"If you're wondering how he

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 22:50

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes/and other science facts/Just repeat to yourself it's just a show/ I should really just relax...

for Mystery Science Theater 3000"

Maybe I should try to be

Comment by PT (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 01:38

Maybe I should try to be less energetic when posting comments in this site ._. ...

Oh no, you're fine.

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 00:14

I just like that end part of the song, and this was an appropriate comment to use it. It's not often I get to use those lines. :-)

Kudos on the Robot Rumpus riff below this comment. ^_^

Robot Rumpus?

Comment by Ellie (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 09:40

It's from "A Date with Your Family," one of my favorites!

"Pleasant, unemotional conversation helps digestion."
--"I can't stress 'unemotional' enough!"

MST3k

Comment by mentaluporar (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 02:57

"The salad needs more butter, mother!"

Yes, that was necessary.

MAWA!

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 13:34

maybe it's a MAWA?

Incidentally, I was listening to Jonathon Coulton's "Skullcrusher mountain" and I thought... Yuko could totally make/draw a Half Pony, Half Monkey monster!

Also, I always thought the DC metro door voice should have been done by Mr. T. Then people might actually pay attention. "BACK UP FOO! Doors are CLOSIN"