A departure!

A departure!

Thu, 09/03/2009 - 10:26 by Ananth in response to well, maybe your head would've been better

It's all trueeeee

Not really. Yuko recently told me she was getting bored of doing simple autobio comics, and truth be told I've been wanting to mix it up as well, so ... we're mixing it up! There's a little bit of fictional continuity for you. Yuko will appear without an arm for the rest of Johnny Wander. (not really) And naw, that doesn't mean the end of autobio comics! But we might be flexing a bit. ;)

We're going to be posting something awesome as soon as we get permission, so if you just checked the site, please check back later. ;)

Also, Yuko's Maw figurine is still up for voting!

Comments

Jawas in NYC subway?!

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 14:34

A pack of zombies would've done a better/messier job cleaning up the extra body parts that litter the platform. ;)

BYURDS?!

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 14:40

I've been wondering about that bird image that's all over here. Finally, some answers!

AH!

Comment by Kiley Bennett (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 17:05

Yuko! why must you draw such cute things! I wish you continued luck on the Maw ~ I'd still snatch him up in a heartbeat

My first thought however was Vivi o.o and for some odd reason the Poe Ghost Collector from Ocarina of Time, only he just had one eye... and those Poe's SUCKED to catch, even on a horse!

Is it bad that I know what

Comment by Roberto (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 18:11

Is it bad that I know what that characters from?

Good taste in manga!

Change is cool

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 21:42

As long as it makes me smile.

BUAHAHAHAHA!

Comment by LemonCupcakes (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 22:02

Love this comic. I think it's a good mix for a change.

That reminds me

Comment by Dcloud (not verified) Thu, 09/03/2009 - 23:10

That little guy reminded me for two things one was Vivi from ff8 or a Jawa from Star wars more so the Jawa

...

Comment by Steve (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 12:00

...Vivi was from ff9 >_>

My bad

Comment by Dcloud (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 22:08

thanks for the correction ff8 was with Leonhart, Din and all them

Believe me I know!

Comment by conrad Sat, 09/05/2009 - 09:11

Don't mess with Steve on the topic of Final Fantasy games. He will take you to school. XD

Please Don't Creep Me Out

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 01:11

By having these things make houses and other structures out of the arms.

It would be funnier if it left a new arm and a quarter under Yuko's pillow. I hear there's a need for an arm fairy in NYC with all those dangerous subways.

more then a quarter

Comment by Dcloud (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 02:00

Hey man if I left my arm under my pillow at night I best be getting more then a quarter. I mean i looking for like 5 bucks at the least

Anyone else notice how the

Comment by Nonexistent Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 03:40

Anyone else notice how the bag and bananas moved in towards the walkway in the last panel? Also, the basket of arms grew between the first and second panel? No? Disregard this post then.

awesome

Comment by Zatchmort (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 03:48

That is the cutest little Jawa のような arm collector I have ever seen.

Also, I approve of the change to having occasional fiction. Best of all is when the readers aren't quite sure whether something outrageous really happened or not. XD

Banana!

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 05:14

Now were at 8, my friends!

A scratch? Your arm's off!

Comment by Ellie (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 08:19

I didn't even realize that her arm came off in the last comic. I thought it got stuck, causing her to lose her bag. When I came by the site today, it was a little confusing to see that she had lost her arm too!

=O

Comment by Guilherme (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 08:43

Creepy little guy!

The last of bananas

Comment by Rejectedlogic (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 12:47

For those who have followed all eight of my banana posts, I regret to inform you, that an authority above my own, has asked me to step down with the banana comments. I hope this does not upset my follower(s?), in the quest to become infamous and an internet meme.

Good-night, sweet readers.

Wierd creatures? Strange

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 12:53

Wierd creatures? Strange worlds after wondering in a subway? A girl named Yuko?

Sounds like a Valis game to me.

Yuko's Eyes.

Comment by Sonic (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 04:50

They look kinda weird in the past two strips. I mean, they fit the no doubt crazy situation, but, wow, they are kinda surreal.

This could really...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 05:10

Really lead into a "Fugitive"(sp?) reference some where...

Harrison Ford: "There was this girl, see! She had a mechanical arm that popped off on the subway! You find this arm, the girl and the Jawa that took it. You'll have your killers."

The cops look at each other not really believing a word of course.
H.F: "You think I did it don't you?" *gets angry* "You don't understand! I didn't kill Anath!"

The cops look at each other, unphased by this outburst.
Cop1: "Sure ya didn't mister ford..."

Every time I see (sp?) I have to reply...

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 07:33

You spelled it correctly. :-)

Reference?

Comment by toshiro (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 09:09

Somehow, the first strip reminded me of the Hataraki Man OP...

O Mai Gawd

Comment by Kevin.P (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 12:34

That was the funniest thing I have seen! I totally know how you feel though! I use the transit system in Calgary (a city in Alberta), and you are damn near lucky to even get to stand beside a seat let alone squeeze in when the door is closing...
My friend got squeezed by a door one time and she said it hurt so much! Surprised it didn't take one of her kidneys!

I always liked the

Comment by Squabie (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 18:53

I always liked the occasional divergences from reality. For example, Dadboat is one of my favorite comics.

Also:

'In light of the recent string of subway-door disarmings there has been much finger-pointing about the way officials have mishandled the situation. Citizens believe it'll take an arm and a leg to get the safety standards improved. -Channel 9 News'

I don't think I'll be the

Comment by Eleutheria (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 03:47

I don't think I'll be the first to mention this, but flexing is hard with one less arm?

Fiction?

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 17:23

A welcome change - and a funny one! I am experiencing what is in my screen name, folks!

Huh!

Comment by Nessa (not verified) Sun, 05/08/2011 - 02:20

You know, I'm curious now;
That little guy who stole her arm, is that a reference to the Darren Shan series? XD