Something Amazing: Multicultural Rangers Theme Song!!!

So you all might remember a few comics back we did a comic about how our apartment is almost comedically diverse now. Well, reader and musician Samm Neiland certainly saw it, and in passing told us he was going to write a song for it.

With that, I present to you perhaps the best thing you will experience this week: the Multicultural Rangers Theme Song!

This content requires Flash to play. Please download or enable Flash to view.

Here's a direct download link for the song, and a link to Samm Neiland's website. I definitely encourage you all to check his stuff out; Samm is a bang up guy who does some incredible work. Thanks again, Samm!! :D

Comments

Hahaha! That's brilliant. XD

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Fri, 09/04/2009 - 23:45

Hahaha! That's brilliant. XD

This is kind of amazing.

Comment by Kate (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 00:00

This is kind of amazing. Can I buy a CD? o_o Is he on itunes?

D:!

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 03:35

No, I'm sorry! I don't really have anything available for purchase or download yet. I'm still kinda in the early stages of my music, so I'm happy to have anyone listen to my music online, but I'm still really nervous about handing my stuff out to anyone. I'm working hard though, I swear! :D

Actually, I really enjoy

Comment by Marissa (not verified) Tue, 09/08/2009 - 18:24

Actually, I really enjoy your music and think you should make a CD. You sound like the type to make really good, serious songs about the most ridiculous topics, like a spoof band. Best of luck to you. :D

^^;

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 09/09/2009 - 01:09

I don't think I could quite to the spoof music. No offense to folks like Johnathan Coulton, but it really isn't my thing. I treat my music very seriously and passionately. However, I do enjoy having a little fun. Think of this more like Muse's "You F&#@ing Motherf*%$er" I little glint of comedy gold in a mountain of platinum hits :P

dude. that's awesome, <3 's

Comment by eri (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 00:31

dude. that's awesome, <3 's totally going on my ipod~

/wanders off to investigate musician guy's actual site

Dude

Comment by Zsy (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 01:50

Now we need a comic of you guys fighting some kind of racist cult.

Comment by Assassin (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 00:51

That should be some sort of mini arc.

Agreed! Multicultural

Comment by yu huo (not verified) Tue, 09/08/2009 - 07:57

Agreed! Multicultural rangers kicking nazi backside, woo!

Ha!

Comment by Crow Skyler (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 03:22

That's a great piece of music, Samm, well done! :D

I love very end of it, about

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 10:47

I love very end of it, about John. Priceless!

um, "the very end." Typos

Comment by Anonymouse (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 10:48

um, "the very end." Typos will be the death of me.

test

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/05/2011 - 15:02

test erer e er e rthg ewe wej er r

Dude, if that was a TV show

Comment by Riri (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 12:51

Dude, if that was a TV show I'd totally watch it like everyday.

"Dude..You gotta check this out."
"SHH! Multicultural Rangers is on. Go away."

Wow...

Comment by Alex Mitchell (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 14:06

Thats gotta be the coolest thing ever... :o
Now you guys have to have costumes!

Costumes would be awesome

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 14:57

That should be a fanart contest, that right there.

Challenge Accepted.

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Tue, 09/08/2009 - 09:20

I've been wanting to test how my skills have grown with a something more than random sketches and so forth.
I accept your Challenge!

Oh man that so bad ass lmao

Comment by anttwan (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 14:44

Oh man that so bad ass lmao

AWESOMETASTIC!

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 14:59

I giggled through the whole thing the first time so I had to listen to it a couple time to actually hear the lyrics, hehehe.

Johhny Wander Saturday Morning Cartoon

Comment by JSRadio (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 17:07

That's all I can think of when hearing this song.

Ok...

Comment by ThunderGodNick (not verified) Sat, 09/05/2009 - 22:38

I have to post this now, after hearing that song it reminded me of something...

AWESOME RANGERS

Next step: Super Sentai TV Show

Comment by Aleph (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 08:54

Awesome^^
You've got a Theme Song and a Five Man Band, now all you need is a TV show.
Well, actually the Five Man Band in Super Sentai Shows usually consists of three guys and two girls... Maybe one of you could crossdress^^
And John could be Mission Control + The Sixth Ranger.
...
Oh man I've really been watching too much Power Rangers when I was younger. This stuff has burnt itself into my brain.

That is the most amazing thing ever

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 13:10

That.Blew.My.Mind.

Someone call Eiji Tsuburaya, We need to start casting NOW.

Now if this....

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 17:20

This development blew my mind entirely. I am GOING to be listening to this all day..... This stuff is what makes money, Samm.
I can riff along pretty good myself - but honestly, the rest of my family has no talent or the WRONG talent to make a band. Consider yourself lucky, mate!

Reply-edit

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 19:37

YUKO!
She's an artist and Internet Famous!
ANANTH!
He makes comics and likes to write shit!
CONRAD!
He's an exhibitionist and likes to wear fallen shades!
STEVE!
He's a DJ who's good with the Bass Notes!
MIKE!
You can stop him with some trippin' bullets!
AWESOME!
Together they'll overcome the forces of evil with their gradient power!

Pretty close ;D

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 21:38

Nice try, but you still were off a little bit. I'll post all the lyrics for your guy's benefit :P

///////////////////////////////////
They're fighting on our side
To stop the racist bad guys

They've got a lot to do
They'll work the whole day through

Multicultural Rangers
Any day, any time, oh yeah

Multicultural Rangers
Keep us safe and don't let children cry

Multicultural Rangers
Know the meaning of affirmative action

Multicultural Rangers
Take em down to size

(ROLL CALL!)

(Yuko!)
She's an artist and internet famous!

(Anath!)
He reads comics and likes to write shit

(Conrad!)
He's an exhibitionist and he likes to wear ballin' shades

(Steve!)
He's a DJ who's good with the bass notes

(Mike!)
You can stop him with some shirmp and bullets

(AWESOME)
Together they'll over come the forces evil with their gradent power

Multicultural Rangers
Here they come

Multicultural Rangers
They will fight for our rights its the
Multicultural Rangers!
/////////////////////////////////

Arrargh

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 23:36

I knew there was something missing there. Thanks for clearing a couple of the words up, Samm.

Ack! Just noticed:

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Wed, 09/09/2009 - 23:31

I think it's "Ananth" rather than "Anath". I'll bet that happens to him a lot. Anyway, this song is perfect - I'd offer to animate a "intro movie" thinger to this for you* , but that'd take some time!

* Samm and his bandmates, as well as the Johnny Wander crew.

...xD

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 09/10/2009 - 23:51

What bandmates? xD

Wh-

Comment by Glee (not verified) Fri, 09/11/2009 - 22:35

So... You're saying you're a one-man band?

;D

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 09/11/2009 - 23:31

Mmmhmm. I have to do everything on my own. I don't have any instrument capable friends, and most musicians in the area are too grandola folk music, so we wouldn't get along musically xD

Yeeeeeeee...

Comment by Glee (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 13:03

I've got to say: Excellent mixing, then. You are twice the musician I could be.

Tee Hee

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 14:32

Well, thank you very much. Its rather hard doing music on your own when you don't have someone to bounce ideas off of. Plus, you can't mess with someone else who's in studio if you're the only one there xD

Hurr.

Comment by Glee (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 15:59

I'll bet. Anyway - I'm still open to animating for you folks if you want.

I approove

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 17:34

Well, you have my permission in using the song and my likeness, but as for the other guys you'll have to ask them yourself. Try sending an email ;D

Okee

Comment by Glee (not verified) Sun, 09/13/2009 - 12:17

Twas talking about just general animation for the website, but I have SO many ideas that work with the song, too. Intro-screen; FALCON YES.

They need to get a messenger of some kind. E-mail is frustrating.

Too many nested replies!

Comment by conrad Mon, 09/14/2009 - 08:55

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(I have money on this breaking in Firefox)

MWAHAHAHA

Comment by Steve (not verified) Mon, 09/14/2009 - 20:20

LET US TEST OUR THEORY

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

>:D

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Mon, 09/14/2009 - 21:01

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WEBSITE STABILITY BE DAMNED!

Hey, FF3.5 fixed this bug!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/14/2009 - 23:52

Hey, FF3.5 fixed this bug! Still fails in FF3 tho.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

LATEST-VERSION SOFTWARE BE

Comment by Steve (not verified) Tue, 09/15/2009 - 20:02

LATEST-VERSION SOFTWARE BE DAMNED AS WELL!

HADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKEN

P.S. Does 3.5 fix it in text boxes too? XD

*Squish*

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Sun, 09/27/2009 - 22:19

This has turned into quite the phenomenon! ANYHOW - Anaaaaanth! You neeed to replyyyyyy!

GOR. Typeytypeytypey, does

Comment by Zangoose (not verified) Wed, 10/14/2009 - 01:36

GOR.

Typeytypeytypey, does this break the boxes heat? ggwahahahahah, I do surely hope so.

I laughed so hard at the

Comment by Charlene (not verified) Tue, 09/08/2009 - 15:37

I laughed so hard at the Conrad part!

Kudos :D

BALLIN'

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 09/13/2009 - 12:37

I was pretty sure you had said ballin'. But, that makes this song even cooler.

whoa awesome! you should

Comment by Moriarty (not verified) Sun, 09/06/2009 - 17:29

whoa awesome!

you should post this again in your next comic or something, I almost missed it because you need to scroll all the way down to notice yukos post.

That song is awesome XD You

Comment by Jessi T (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 02:13

That song is awesome XD

You know DC subway trains used to say "Please stand clear of the doors" but I'm pretty sure now they just say "Stand clear of the doors" and the announcements say "customers" now instead of passengers or something D: I feel like a dollar sign on my sightseeing trips now XP

Wicked.

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 12:37

That song is freaking awesome.
One word: Win.
I think I'm going to be listening to that all day.

Anyways...
That little monster thing in the comic kind of looks like one of those little green hooded guys from Final Fantasy Seven to me... What the heck were those called again? Urgh... The ones with the lamps...

Those're Tonberrys. For a

Comment by Aleph (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 14:22

Those're Tonberrys.
For a Tonberry, the little monster is missing a lamp and a knife though.

Ah, yeah, I knew it started

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Mon, 09/07/2009 - 18:44

Ah, yeah, I knew it started with a T. And that's true.
But it is really cute, and toting around a basket, kind of like a Tonberry...

If you kind of squint at it...