Cecilia: The Girl with the Skeleton Hand

Hey guys! As you can see, there's some new things on the site. First, color! And second, this is the first page of a four page short we're doing. We hope you enjoy it! Yuko worked really hard on it, and I think it shows - as Conrad said, she really knocked it out of the park.

This short is the start of something a little different! The autobio comics aren't gone by any means, but these shorts are something we intended to have as part of Johnny Wander from the beginning, and we finally got the itch to jump into it. We're excited! Hopefully you are too. :)

ALSO! We have more Zoolology tees in the store!! Grab 'em while you can, they sold out a little faster than we expected the last time.

Comments

Wow! That is seriously nice

Comment by Yu Huo (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 14:56

Wow! That is seriously nice work. I'm looking forward to the nest installment-- where did I put my bells, so that I can put them on???

=D

Comment by bek (not verified) Sat, 09/12/2009 - 20:25

I love it sooooo much! i absolutely adore yukos art and the soft sepia tones an and early 1900's style is absolutely entranceing. I was imediatly drawn in by the name and concept of it and can't wait to see the rest of the comic! Between the awsome story line and beautiful art style this comic is sure to a hit!
Good luck and thanks for always brightening my day.

1900's

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Sun, 09/13/2009 - 14:07

I bet they ate bananas in the early 1900's. 11.

Happy 100th, you guys!

Comment by XariusVolerah (not verified) Sun, 09/13/2009 - 20:45

Happy 100th, you guys! Looking great as always!

Something bothers me...

Comment by PT (not verified) Mon, 09/14/2009 - 02:40

The whole comic seems interesting but I gotta admit, there is something that bothers me but I cannot for the life of me point it out, but nice on the small coloring tho.
Kinda funny for me that I am typing this comment with cold hands and knowing that skeleton hand would be cold too...

Actor's Studio

Comment by Mal (not verified) Mon, 09/14/2009 - 19:46

I'm watching the Family Guy cast on the Actor's Studio with James Lipton and they did a shot of the audience. It was SO weird! They focused in on this guy with dark skin and this Asian girl (for lack of better explanation :)). I swore it was you guys. lol I felt like such a loser that I would think that! My husband looked at me like a crazy person. Just thought I'd let you both know you have twins hanging around the Actor's Studio. Thanks...btw--love the color.

great idea, great art

Comment by Adam M (not verified) Mon, 09/14/2009 - 22:15

The art really helps this story concept fly. Cecilia's a cutie, but what Yuko's illustration (and Ananth's characterization) has done is more interesting than just making her pretty. Her body language, facial expressions, and unselfconscious attitude give her a charm and likability that completely offsets the potential creepiness of the skeletal hand. Skillfully done!

Comment by Ananth Tue, 09/15/2009 - 01:05

Thank you for the flattering (and perceptive) comment! You nailed what we were aiming for, although I think I have to lay much of the credit at Yuko's feet for pulling off the body language to go with her attitude.

This

Comment by nonanonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/15/2009 - 10:31

Second most awesome thing this week i've seen. First being a harry potter musical...

sorry, but it edged this out ;)

It might be weird to take

Comment by Brooke (not verified) Tue, 09/15/2009 - 14:34

It might be weird to take fashion cues from a Webcomic, but I don't care: Where can I get a necklace-glove combo like Cecelia's?

SHINY!