Comic delayed!

Comic delayed!

Thu, 09/17/2009 - 20:21 by Ananth in response to girl with the skeleton hand 2

Hey guys and gals! Just a heads up, Thursday's comic is delayed till Friday! These color comics take an inordinate amount of time, and Yuko's got to illustrate and color them between her client work, a huge chunk of which arrived this week. We'll talk about that some time, it's neat!

It's worth mentioning, I'm working on edits to a manuscript for a graphic novel! Not sure when it's coming out, but news on that as I'm allowed to say more! It's going to be illustrated by Yuko, though. As you can tell, we keep busy. :)

Anyway, sorry again! See you tomorrow!!

Comments

;_;

Comment by katt (not verified) Thu, 09/17/2009 - 21:46

............. DDDDDDD:

(but yay about client work!)

Delayed

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Thu, 09/17/2009 - 21:48

One time, i was about to eat a banana, and then I had to do the dishes, and eating my banana was delayed. It. Was. Awful.

On the Graphic Novel

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Thu, 09/17/2009 - 22:55

That sounds awesome! You'll have to make sure to tell us more when you can, I'd love to hear what it's about! As well as the client work, too! O:

The more things change...

Comment by Joe D (not verified) Thu, 09/17/2009 - 23:08

... the longer they take. Stick with it, and you'll develop an effective system, eventually. And take your time, Yuko! We can be patient.

...*twiddle twiddle twiddle*

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/18/2009 - 02:58

Thank you for being patient! We take comic seriously, but we have to do a number of things in order to make ends meet. The page will definitely go up some time Friday!

D:<

Comment by fan (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 00:34

But... I was really really looking forward to it. ;_;

WHAT?! -in best Alucard voice-

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 00:38

Oh no,we were promised a comic and I wants it now.Nah I'm just kidding,it's understandable and I was always wondering how you guys were getting income besides the comics and store items.I want to hear what these jobs and clients are at some point :).

We'll happily talk about

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/18/2009 - 02:59

We'll happily talk about them some time! Give me a little while to get some things together, I'll maybe try to talk about it next week.

Can't wait to hear more

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 01:01

Can't wait to hear more about the Graphic novel. No worries on a late post, it happens. How is it working together on a novel? I have a strange illusion that working with your significant other is either Amazing or really awful.

For us it is mostly really

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/18/2009 - 03:02

For us it is mostly really awesome! I know it works differently for different people, but I think Yuko and I speak a similar language as far as these things go. If we disagree on something, we usually present our positions and one of us gets convinced - or a third options presents itself during the discussion, which always ends up being better then our individual ideas.

It is also tricky! I don't recommend it to everyone, unless you're good at communicating with one another.

Yea?

Comment by Dannyboi Kahn (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 02:15

I'd love to see you guys get a graphic novel, you're work is great (Yuko, you sure can draw, Ananth, you're hilarious). Oh, and on a side note: I wanna see more merch from you guys (specifically a poster: if you've got a devart account or something with art that I can buy a print of, please send me it. [I say this while eying the print in your store...]).

Ooh, a poster. Let me look

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/18/2009 - 03:03

Ooh, a poster. Let me look into that ...

Yea? Awesome!

Comment by Dannyboi Kahn (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 15:10

Can't wait! (shoot me an email when [because there should be no "/if"] you do.)

No matter what schedule you

Comment by kir (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 07:00

No matter what schedule you keep, I'm just grateful you share with us.

Great work as always!

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 08:31

You guys never cease to amaze me, I look forward to each new chapter. This delay is more like a teaser to me, leaving me on the edge of my seat :D

Once again, great art and great story!

btw, was the background always like this? I could've sworn it was different before :O

You two do seem to be busy

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 08:43

You two do seem to be busy these days. A tribute to your talents.

What's One Day?

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Fri, 09/18/2009 - 09:33

No worries, ol' chap.

I'm now also interested in your graphic novel-age with Yuko. I've always wanted to write for either a comic or an animated feature, but I can NEVER find an artist willing to collaborate. My wife can draw, but she hates full blown projects (http://chibiche.deviantart.com/). Plus, we have a kid now.

You, sir, got the luck of the draw on this one.