Comic will be up Wednesday!

Comic will be up Wednesday!

Tue, 09/22/2009 - 18:01 by Ananth in response to girl with the skeleton hand 3

Hey guys! We were traveling on a bus all day, and as mentioned before these Cecilia comics take an inordinate amount of time (about 5x longer than a normal JW page) - the last page will be up Wednesday! After that we're going to figure out how to schedule these shorts a little better. ;) The lateness won't be a regular occurrence ... consider them growing pains. Thank you for your patience! Yuko is penciling away as I type, rest assured.

Comments

No worries

Comment by Jon (not verified) Tue, 09/22/2009 - 19:16

The quality is good enough that a delay here and there can be easily forgiven :) Take your time.

Exceeding Expectations

Comment by Pixellated (not verified) Tue, 09/22/2009 - 19:26

You guys continually exceed what seems to be possible by updating as much as you do each week: keep going!

Tell her to take her time,

Comment by Ky (not verified) Tue, 09/22/2009 - 19:39

Tell her to take her time, you sillies. o3o

not at all a problem

Comment by blu (not verified) Tue, 09/22/2009 - 21:25

the quality on these is so superb that you neednt worry

We'll be eagerly waiting

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Tue, 09/22/2009 - 22:50

We'll be eagerly waiting ^__^

All my thoughts have already

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Tue, 09/22/2009 - 23:12

All my thoughts have already been expressed by those who've commented before I, so now I'm stuck to repeat. The comic is worth the wait.

But it IS Wednesday. Here in

Comment by Peaches (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 00:29

But it IS Wednesday.
Here in New Zealand. Don't rush so much. You guys update faster than the rest. haha <3

Awesome

Comment by grossgeister (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 03:15

I love this short story ...can't wait to see the ending - but! take your time for that awesome quality! ^_^

Don't worry about it.

Comment by Zsy (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 06:22

The quality is totally worth the extra day or two. Keep up the amazing work you two. Can't wait for the conclusion.

Not a problem

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 07:34

Your art work and comic is well worth the wait. AG and JW are two of my favorite comics I read. Don't sweat the small stuff, because your fans will wait.

Thanks!

Comment by ChristineA (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 08:00

for the heads up. I never mind waiting for a quality comic, as long as the authors (lol!) keep us posted. Yuko's art is definitely worth waiting for. :D

MORE!!!!! I think that Girl

Comment by Jeff (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 08:02

MORE!!!!!
I think that Girl with the Skeleton Hand has been one of my favorite mini/shorts from any webcomic I've read! I can't put my finger on 'why', but ever since the first I've been anxious for the next.

Great work.

Kind of wary.

Comment by SBKT (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 08:22

This little ministrip, the art itself made me tihnk of Dresden Codak, and I thought it was nice, but with the slight, SLIGHT change in direction, I wonder if you'll end up burning out quickly because of it... Granted, you're actually changing genre, while most of them didn't for it..

I guess I'm just anxious and would be sad if something happened that destroyed your drive to do this. It's one of the things that allows me to function normally, because I really do think it's that good.

Oh, don't worry! We've been

Comment by Ananth Wed, 09/23/2009 - 10:34

Oh, don't worry! We've been planning to do shorts like this since day one ... we just suddenly felt the impetus to do it now with little preparation. In the future we'd plan ahead, and probably do a few things on the production side that reduced the amount of time the comics actually take.

Dresden Codak is BEAUTIFUL!

Hey now..

Comment by b4k4 (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 08:50

Don't push yourselves to hard guys, if you burn yourselves out trying to keep up then we don't get *any* comics, an noone wants that.

That said, I've really been loving this little short story you've been doing.

Excellent

Comment by Chris Watkins (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 09:37

These have been great so far, guys.
(Am I wrong in seeing a subtle homage to Johnny Crossbones, btw?)

Loving the colour.

Comment by TQL (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 09:43

Don't rush it, I love the two colour strips, the artwork is so beautiful.

Cecilia

Comment by Doval (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 11:00

She gets more adorable (if you could call a grown woman that) every page. It's amazing how quickly she's been given a personality. Little details, looks like they count for a lot more than you'd think.

P.S. Just echoing the sentiment that these are well worth the wait. After this one ends, I'll be looking forward to the next short story!

Bus

Comment by rejectedlogic (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 13:48

I don't like traveling on buses. They remind me of giant bananas.

something like 15 now?

I just figured you guys

Comment by Nifar (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 14:54

I just figured you guys would be interested in knowing that while I was at Anime Weekend Atlanta on Saturday, I saw a girl dressed as Cecilia.

Aw man, that is too cute!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 09/23/2009 - 17:16

Aw man, that is too cute!

charmed to say the least

Comment by PenInHand (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 15:27

i'll admit, i'm a tad spoiled by www.questionablecontent.net 's super hero style "new comic's monday-friday" upload schedule, but i've been loving these episodes so much that i can certianly take a little suspense. really guys, you've outdone yourselves.

Guys, thanks so much for

Comment by Ananth Wed, 09/23/2009 - 17:17

Guys, thanks so much for understanding! Yuko is finishing up inking as I type this.

I've noticed

Comment by Panda (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:19

that a lot of the female characters seem to resemble Yuko rather strongly.

I don't think you should

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:26

I don't think you should hold that against her. Many artist including myself tend to put themselves into anyone they draw. You get used to drawing yourself so much that its the easiest thing you can draw.

I still think this mini is amazing

Hrmm.

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 22:38

I don't think it's that they look like Yuko as much as it is Yuko seems to been drawn (har har) to a certain era of female style/fashion. I've noticed a 20s/flapper-esque feel to a lot of the female designs with the short hair and flirty clothes. Yuko just so happens to have short hair herself.

It's kind of like criticizing Hayao Miyasaki's female character designs: the majority have short, tomboyish hair to match the rough-and-tumble attitude and feminine twist his female leads tend to display.

Really? That's not

Comment by Ananth Wed, 09/23/2009 - 23:39

Really? That's not something I ever picked up on ... Yuko would slap anyone who gave her a skeleton hand!

Well, having never drawn a

Comment by Panda (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:27

Well, having never drawn a person myself (I stick to animals) I can't say anyone I draw looks like myself.

High school had a few self-portraits but I always did lame on the person but managed to sneak an awesome bird or horse into it somewhere.

Loving it so far!!!!!!!

Comment by Sarah (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 20:56

I've been reading since the start of JW and I love every strip you guys do! This little mini-arc has blown me away with the color and the storyline already has me sucked in. No worries about missing the updates :] we all enjoy seeing your comic and its beautiful quality!!!!

This arc has made me even more excited for the many comics to come! <3 AWESOME job you guys!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

Comment by Mutoman (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 22:21

You get the idea. We're excited, abuzz, bouncing up and down in our chairs with glee! 8D

Or, at least, I am.

Take your time in finishing this up, and thanks for actually notifying us. Some other comics aren't so kind to their fans. ^_^

>_<

Comment by coffeeatteatime (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 23:26

IT IS THURSDAY WHERE IS MY COMIC.

(Take your time, Yuko! Honestly, I'm only grumpy because I love your work so much.)

Your art is so good you're

Comment by Foe (not verified) Wed, 09/23/2009 - 23:28

Your art is so good you're making your fans go through withdrawal! Happy to wait, looking forward to it, thank you for all your hard work. m(_ _)m

She's almost done. ;) It'll

Comment by Ananth Wed, 09/23/2009 - 23:38

She's almost done. ;) It'll be up shortly!