Girl with the Skeleton Hand pt. 4

Girl with the Skeleton Hand pt. 4

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:12 by Ananth in response to girl with the skeleton hand 4

Hey guys! We're a little later than we expected, but Yuko's been working into the AM to get this thing done, so here it is. Please give her a thank you! She's been working literally all day. Hope you enjoyed this little short! We'll be doing more, but we'll be planning them out more carefully in the future.

Yuko and I have been talking, and chances are this isn't the last you've seen of Cecilia and Death ... we'll probably see them again from time to time.

I, uh, also came up with some alternate takes on this story,

1. Death stalks her and "accidentally" kills anyone she dates
2. Cecilia keeps on poisoning people around herself so that she can continually "bump into him".

In the end we decided not to go with either of those, but I figured I'd share anyway.

Oh! These are works-in-progress (some edits are yet to be made), but check out these shots of the Maw sculpt:

Looking really good!

It looks like we'll be swinging by SPX this weekend - turns out there are a lot of familiar folks in town. We won't have a table, but we'll be walking around, so keep an eye out!

Oh! The ad currently running on the sidebar there is for Galaxion, a comic I started reading when I was in high school! It's since moved to the web ... it was a surprise influence on me earlier in life, in that is solidified to me that good sci-fi utilizes good character relationships. I geeked out a little when I saw it -- check it out!

Yuko says we'll be posting another comic on Friday, so keep an eye out - our schedule is clearly a little out of whack. ;) Back to normal next week! See you then!

Comments

I guess its true what they

Comment by Thom (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:20

I guess its true what they say, good things come to those who wait.

OMGZ

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:20

DEATH LOOKS LIKE MORGAN FREEMAN iN THAT SUIT. D:

Every time I reread this short story, he shall have a deep, soothing voice before he moves in for the kill.

Morgan Freeman has one of my

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:18

Morgan Freeman has one of my all-time favorite voices!

wow

Comment by Kai (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:21

that was amazing! I think you could have gone with any of the endings and it would have been good. They all have a spark to them I think you and Yuko could breathe life into.
Congrats on finishing your first fiction ark in JW!

Thank you! It's exciting for

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:19

Thank you! It's exciting for us. :)

wow

Comment by Ashiru (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:21

I loved the story! =D I really like the idea of seeing more of these. Also, thanks Yuko, your work is amazing as always and is always well worth waiting for! =3

THANK YOU!

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:22

Thank you Yuko for you amazing dedication! I hope you don't have back problems from the tiny desk. The short was a wonderful break from the norm. Once again amazing job and thank you for doing it.

I feel so bad about the

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:21

I feel so bad about the desk! These are things that happen. ):

I think alternate storyline

Comment by Tibbar_deGniw (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:25

I think alternate storyline #2 disturbs me quite a bit. In a good way. But that'd make Cecelia less huggable. D:

Where can I press charges for having a Simon and Garfunkel song stuck in my head?

Haha, you and me both.

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:22

Haha, you and me both.

First Off

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:28

I think both alternate stories are pretty creepy....and I'm sure Conrad would have approved of both in some way or form.Also THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YUKO =D !!!!
-random confetti-

Also

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:31

Now that Lauren mentioned it,Death does look abit like Morgan Freeman.Oh great thanks,now I'm going to think the same thing whenever I read these shorts with them in it D: .

I think I'm in love with Cecilia

Comment by ADO (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:31

I shouldn't, it will only end up in tragedy. But I think a girl who doesn't mind having a skeleton hand is probably the most amazing person on Earth...

Anyways, thank you Yuko for working all day in that. I think we all apreciated it.

I'm glad that feeling came

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:23

I'm glad that feeling came across for you! That's more or less what we were going for ...

omg wow

Comment by Nikki (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:33

I love the story line you guys went with though I could see the comical aspects of the other two.

As for this style; Yuko's outdone herself its phenomenal! I really am admiring you both Ananth for your writing skills and Yuko's amazing artistic abilities. I really do wish I was half as talented as you two.

~Nikki

so enchanted

Comment by PenInHand (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:40

I am so enchanted with this series that I compiled it into a single strip and made it my desktop background. you guys!! I'm stunned. :) There is no way I'm gonna regret waiting up for this. Oh and Yuko, you're a trooper; thanks for stickin it out for all of us fans.

and hurrah for bonus comic on friday!

Oh wow, that's really

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:24

Oh wow, that's really flattering! There's a wallpaper I'm working on cleaning up for release, maybe today?

thank you!

Comment by mary (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:45

both the comic and the pages ananth leaked were beautiful!

Well I was somewhat right?

Comment by PT (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:48

It ended with The End! Do not argue!
Lol, anyway, here is my possibility.
Everything she touches is like a small touch of death that has a long delay and manages to kill certain people without her knowing.
Like if she goes shopping and bumb into someone and like bang, the person died 10 minutes after and then she comes back after doing some shopping and he is there.

Hmm, that is a really cute

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:25

Hmm, that is a really cute hook! Very clever!

Comment by Bluecheshirecat (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:52

Oh YAY!
I really loved how it turned out - Death is just adorable beyond all reason. You just made my late-night-studying-for-exams so much better~

Yay!

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:25

Yay!

[monotone kindergarten

Comment by Amuro (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 01:02

[monotone kindergarten class] Thaaaaaaank youuuuu Ms.Yuuuuuuukoooooooooo..[/monotone kindergarten class]

So... I had assumed that the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 01:48

So... I had assumed that the "bro" she was with had died, but he's making sounds... or were those just his lungs collapsing? Anyway, fun story. I would have enjoyed a more twisted ending, but this one was really nice. Regardless, very entertaining and beautifully drawn! Keep it up!

Okay, I see now that it is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 01:49

Okay, I see now that it is his spirit, not his body. Got it ;]

SO CUTE

Comment by Mooficus (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:06

I love it. There's just such a quirky charming quality to this short, like one of those odd independent films you might see at a tiny local theatre that, somehow, just makes your day.

Yuko also gets an A+ and two gold stars for being amazing! =D

yay!!

Comment by lys (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:12

Awwwww, Yuko, wonderful work on this whole short series! It's gorgeous and absolutely adorable. I love Cecilia and Death a whole lot, so I'm thrilled you guys will bring them into the story/stories more often! And I think this story ended perfectly. The alternates are pretty funny... but I think this one works best for Johnny Wander. It's just sweet :D

Thank you both!!

That's why we went for this

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:27

That's why we went for this ending too ... all of the autobio stuff has been very "charm of life" so we thought it best to do something in that vein.

Thank you, Yuko! I thought

Comment by Zack (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:28

Thank you, Yuko! I thought this comic was very cute; you did an amazing job keeping the feel of the story very innocent in spite of the subject matter. I love you guys!

you did an amazing job

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:28

Yay, that's what we were aiming for! Thank you!

This little series has been

Comment by Ladi (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 02:56

This little series has been awesome, the art was gorgeous and the story was cute. I'm looking forward to more of the same in the future!

The short is so cute! And

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 04:48

The short is so cute! And Maw looks amazing. Once they're on the shelves, he may have to come live on my desk at work. To scare off mean people. :D

Celia and Death

Comment by tysonius (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:04

I LOVE this story! Yuko's art is really fun anyway, but it's a cute read and a hilarious ending. Look forward to seeing more of the two in the future!

To Yuko and Ananth

Comment by Fuzenmaru (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:39

Thank you for working through the A.M. to get part 4 posted. It really does mean a lot to us. The ending you chose was perfect.

Fantastic

Comment by DisposablePal (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:57

i love this whole story. you guys have done a fantastic job. also I really dig the alternate takes, i can see why you didnt use them but for some reason i love them both because they are very morbidly romantic.

I thought so too! My

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:29

I thought so too! My favorite one was Cecilia the Poisoner. Somehow I think I'd like her as much as I do now.

Cecilia and Death short...

Comment by KC (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 06:57

I've absolutely loved this short! And I always love Johnny Wander anyway, but figured I should throw in my support on the new type of story. Thank you guys for all you do!!!

I always thought her hand

Comment by Viga (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:09

I always thought her hand was doing it weather she knows it or not.

Great short!

Very interesting

Comment by flamedance58 (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:26

Really love this Cecilia character and especially her expressions and personality; Death is just cute and shy and well kind of what I'd expect from a character who can do the oddest things to people. Would really love to see more of these two characters in some kind of mini-comic.

Keep up the good work!

She's so...

Comment by johnb (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:31

Cecilia is so beautiful! I thought I outgrew having crushes on comic characters but I guess I was wrong. Love her choker and wrist garb! So awesome :)

Hah! This is such a big

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:30

Hah! This is such a big compliment, thank you!

Y'Know...

Comment by Mae (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:35

Death are a pretty cool guy. He charmingly coy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Except pretty girls, apparently. Feel for 'im there. :x

Thank you, Yuko!

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:46

Beautiful artwork and very well done. Thank you for the diligence. You have a lovely style that's definitely arrived at a new height of excellence.

As for the story, I do have to say the two 'alternate endings' sound unbelievably fascinating. I'd love to see those realized in some way. You should definitely follow-up on those ideas at some point.
Preferrably after we get some closure on the Yuko-Jawa story arc.

Haha, Yuko-Jawa ... oh

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:31

Haha, Yuko-Jawa ... oh dear.

Thanks Rob! I gotta e-mail you and catch up soon!

Great work you guys! Can't

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:48

Great work you guys! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.

Thank you, Yuko!!! XD

Comment by D (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 08:52

So so very well done. I love this storyline, and it hasn't failed to amaze me (then again, none of your art has). Also, maws are cute. Just sayin'. <.<...>.>...

That was very cute.

Comment by Strange Kitsune (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 09:36

That was a really cool little story thanks for working so hard on it.

Me thinks you should come up

Comment by clsapsford (not verified) Thu, 09/24/2009 - 09:43

Me thinks you should come up with a Cecilia and Death figurines.

I'm thinking of doing a

Comment by Ananth Fri, 09/25/2009 - 10:32

I'm thinking of doing a public poll about this later! If there's interest, we'll go for it. ;)

I'd definitely vote for it!

Comment by clsapsford (not verified) Fri, 09/25/2009 - 21:15

I'd definitely vote for it!