Girl with the Skeleton Hand pt. 4

Girl with the Skeleton Hand pt. 4

Thu, 09/24/2009 - 00:12 by Ananth in response to girl with the skeleton hand 4

Hey guys! We're a little later than we expected, but Yuko's been working into the AM to get this thing done, so here it is. Please give her a thank you! She's been working literally all day. Hope you enjoyed this little short! We'll be doing more, but we'll be planning them out more carefully in the future.

Yuko and I have been talking, and chances are this isn't the last you've seen of Cecilia and Death ... we'll probably see them again from time to time.

I, uh, also came up with some alternate takes on this story,

1. Death stalks her and "accidentally" kills anyone she dates
2. Cecilia keeps on poisoning people around herself so that she can continually "bump into him".

In the end we decided not to go with either of those, but I figured I'd share anyway.

Oh! These are works-in-progress (some edits are yet to be made), but check out these shots of the Maw sculpt:

Looking really good!

It looks like we'll be swinging by SPX this weekend - turns out there are a lot of familiar folks in town. We won't have a table, but we'll be walking around, so keep an eye out!

Oh! The ad currently running on the sidebar there is for Galaxion, a comic I started reading when I was in high school! It's since moved to the web ... it was a surprise influence on me earlier in life, in that is solidified to me that good sci-fi utilizes good character relationships. I geeked out a little when I saw it -- check it out!

Yuko says we'll be posting another comic on Friday, so keep an eye out - our schedule is clearly a little out of whack. ;) Back to normal next week! See you then!

Comments

Thank you very much Yuko!!

Comment by <Ban>Anna (not verified) Fri, 09/25/2009 - 17:55

Thank you very much Yuko!! Haha, thats a great short. Beautiful color too!

Death

Comment by Rei (not verified) Fri, 09/25/2009 - 21:23

Ahh! The second alternate take [as well as this whole arc, really] reminds me so much of George Pendle's "Death: A Life"
It's a gem of a book, and I strongly suggest reading it!

///rEI

Awesome.

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Sat, 09/26/2009 - 19:29

What else can I say?
Great story, I loved it!
Even the alternate endings were nice. :)
The Maw is adorable as well!

Ka pai

Comment by Tim (not verified) Sun, 09/27/2009 - 04:45

I've really enjoyed your corner of the internet in the short time since discovering it, and this little foray especially. Figured I'd wait till it was finished before effusing my praise, simply because it's neater this way (truth be told you had me with the first strip).

Well done, thanks very much for sharing with us, and do please keep up the good work!

-Tim

adkjh

Comment by Rayna (not verified) Mon, 10/12/2009 - 01:47

Only in this comic will I find Death to be absolutely adorable. D'awww, new OTP. :>

OF THE YEAR!

Comment by Alex (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 14:06

That's one of the most creative pieces I've ever seen.
Let's be honest, Charlie Brown is yesteryear. Dating the Grim Reaper (or whomever that seemed to be) is the now!

Very nice art, love the color. Gonna read up on this now.

LOVE IT!!

Comment by anaccs (not verified) Tue, 08/02/2011 - 06:27

Great short!!!

I'm little behind but I hope to see more.

OMFG I MUST HAVE A STATUE.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/13/2012 - 20:44