omigosh hourlies!

omigosh hourlies!

Thu, 10/08/2009 - 15:29 by Aido in response to hourly comics: october 6th 2009

It should be noted: our days are hardly ever this interesting.  We just lucked out on having an especially adventure-y day on Tuesday.  Thank you again to Dave and Raina for meeting us at Nickelodeon, showing us around and overall being friendly and lovely people.  For those of you don't know, Dave Roman is one of the editors of Nickelodeon Magazine, which is shutting down at the end of the year, after nearly 20 years of publication.  It's a sad story, a lot of cartoonists got started in the comics industry doing comics for Nick Magazine.  It'll be sorely missed. :/

So many people did hourly comics this week!  Last Saturday was actually 24-Hour Comic Day, which I've only participated in once.  I was visiting my folks this past weekend so I couldn't participate this year either... but I wanted to do something special, so I jumped on the bandwagon and did hourlies too.

Did anyone else do a 24-hour comic or hourly comics?  Post up a link, I wanna see what you guys did!

[edit] Ananth's birthday cake!  The frosting was vanilla pudding made with heavy cream and butter. 8D

Comments

WHOA

Comment by Jason (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 02:49

YUKO PLEASE TEACH US HOW TO MAKE BIRTHDAY SUSHI PLEASE PLS PRZ!!! D:

How can a dog eat combos?

Comment by darrylayo (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 06:01

How can a dog eat combos? That seems silly or something!

Sounds like adventure all around, yeah!

cool

Comment by William Righetti (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 08:09

I've never heard of an hourlies comic before. That's a really neat concept. If my life was that interesting I'd do one of those per week and just have that be the comic. Maybe in the future when my life has become interesting enough...

Hat

Comment by Megan (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 08:15

Ananth sleeps with his hat on.
That totally made me crack up.
XDDDD

Happy birfday to your boyf. xD

I tried watching Dexter, but

Comment by Spicy (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 08:30

I tried watching Dexter, but I thought the acting was a little flat. Is that what I get for reading the books first?

I'm glad you all had a great time. Didn't realize you were all kids inside (what, with loving Nick and all) but I probably should hae known better.

*goes back to lurking*

Oh the books!

Comment by Reddo (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 19:14

How far into the first season did you get? I started watching the TV show before I knew it was a book series, and I want to read the books so bad but I'm afraid of spoilers.

Hourlies

Comment by Guilherme (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 08:37

Hoooray \o/ Hourlies

Really like hourlies hahaha

that cake looks delicious

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 10:12

that cake looks delicious

Nick Magazine...

Comment by Lily (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 10:37

Wow... I can't believe Nick Magazine is closing down... I haven't seen it in forever, but just knowing that it will be gone is very disheartening!! =(

Icebat!

Comment by Jason (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 11:53

I see Icebat! Too funny, Ugly Dolls are great.

wtffffff....we both went to

Comment by s (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 13:04

wtffffff....we both went to school in rochester, live in DC, and now I found out we own the same plates...CREEPY

anyway I like hourlies :)

George Morgan

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 13:47

IS GEORGE NOT SMILING IN THE 11:30 AM PANEL!? Also, Dexter is pretty cool. Season 4 just started recently.

I am ALWAYS SMILING

Comment by George Rohac (not verified) Sat, 10/10/2009 - 00:44

Sometimes its only on the inside. But everyone smiles like me... in their darkest dreams.

Aw

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 10/10/2009 - 08:22

You sound so delightfully evil right there

Oh my GOD.

Comment by Linkette (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 16:57

That cake looks like heaven on a plate. It makes me want to cry.

Birthday~!

Comment by Reddo (not verified) Fri, 10/09/2009 - 19:10

That cake looks so good! Happy belated birthday Ananth! It was on the sixth right? High-five to my fellow October baby.

If you guys are interested, I can send you my birthday cake recipe. It tastes just like the Drumstick ice cream cones. Even has chopped peanuts on the side. Cake recipe trade? c:

Yay for Avatar and Dexter! I just rented season two myself, I'm so excited to start watching these DVDs.

Happy Birfday!

Comment by communist_daughter (not verified) Sat, 10/10/2009 - 09:59

We share the same birthday, man October is awesome! Sweet comic by the way. Iam bummed that Nick magazine is going out, and very jealous that you guys got to tour it. What a great birthday!

That looks like the most

Comment by crmsonbyrd (not verified) Sat, 10/10/2009 - 15:30

That looks like the most delicious cake ever.

I like the "sushi GET" panel. :3

kate beaton of hark! a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 10/10/2009 - 17:25

kate beaton of hark! a vagrant did three days worth of them recently. she also has some links to ones she did a ways back. http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=215

Is it just me, or Ananth

Comment by Sun Tze (not verified) Sat, 10/10/2009 - 19:17

Is it just me, or Ananth sleeps with his hat on?

Yay happy birthday~ Nice

Comment by Jessi T (not verified) Sun, 10/11/2009 - 02:04

Yay happy birthday~ Nice looking cake =o

You know what I would love?

Comment by Abbie (not verified) Sun, 10/11/2009 - 15:44

You know what I would love? If you posted the recipse you used for that cake, it look delicious!

Hourlies

Comment by Dave (not verified) Sun, 10/11/2009 - 23:51

I did them too! But, more importantly, I didn't do them as well as Yuko.

Because she is a pro.

Damn you, Yuko.

Pie!

Comment by Broom (not verified) Mon, 10/12/2009 - 08:19

MY SWEET LORD! PIE! And it's not near me... And I haven't had anything to eat for hours, only had two apples this morning... The agony!!!

Hahahahaha! Ananth sleeps

Comment by Daphne (not verified) Mon, 10/12/2009 - 14:16

Hahahahaha! Ananth sleeps with his hat on! XDD

See Racebending.com

Comment by Aubs (not verified) Mon, 10/12/2009 - 18:43

Yayyy hourly comics! Comments on the awesomeness of cake are seconded (I mean, thirtiethed?). Nice screaming in the background of the Dora/Spongebob panel, hehehe.
Also, I love that you guys are Avatar fans! :D Please check out Racebending.com for some thoughts on the implications of the casting decisions in the upcoming live-action movie.... It would be really awesome if Racebending could get your guys' support! :)

OMFG LOOK AT THAT CAKE OMFG.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 10/12/2009 - 19:32

OMFG LOOK AT THAT CAKE OMFG. MY MOUTH IS DROOLING OMFG HOW DO I STOP IT OMGOMGOMGOMG.

but really, this comic was funny/awesome and the cake looks delicious. :D

Comment by Aku (not verified) Tue, 10/13/2009 - 18:34

Avatar was one of the best things ever. :3

Oh wow, that cake looks

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 10/25/2009 - 15:42

Oh wow, that cake looks sooooo good! ....... I know that this question might/already has gotten annoying but, how do you make that delicious looking cake of strawberry goodness?

The Confectionary Pastry Is A Ruse

Comment by Renard the Vulpine (not verified) Sat, 11/21/2009 - 02:30

I MUST HAVE THIS CAKE
I was told by my mom that she would make this cake, but alas...

The Cake Is A Lie...

Comment by cabbage (not verified) Tue, 07/06/2010 - 16:42

AIIII AVATAR! *flails around like a fan girl* :D

D'awwww, the 7:00pm panel is

Comment by Sybil (not verified) Sat, 10/02/2010 - 23:53

D'awwww, the 7:00pm panel is cute. x]

Those two

Comment by MoreKilmer (not verified) Sat, 01/22/2011 - 18:02

Avatar and Dexter? <3 You guys are awesome.

Because of this comic

Comment by Suilean Dubh (not verified) Mon, 01/02/2012 - 00:23

And my natural propensity for confusion, and I think some other reasons, for quite a long time I thought Combos were a dog treat. Also, I like hourlies a lot.

I'm curious to find out what

Comment by Patrica Fornes (not verified) Sat, 11/03/2012 - 12:32

I'm curious to find out what blog platform you have been using? I'm having some small security issues with my latest site and I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions? Patrica Fornes