PaleontoLOLgy

PaleontoLOLgy

Thu, 10/15/2009 - 14:53 by Ananth in response to paleontoLOLgy

Read the alt text, hahahaha. Oh Yuko.

Our word game escalated ... Yuko and I both grew up devouring anything we could read about prehistory, so our vocabularies on that point are pretty good (although Yuko is the undisputed champ). Here's a breakdown of the animals we're actually referring to, for your convenience (from beginning to end):

Leviathan doesn't count. ): I used to have the whole Dinosaurs collection of Zoobooks, which was one of the best investments my parents ever made on my behalf. I could recite those things word for word all the way into high school, and they developed an interest in science that I'm still gripped by. Ah, science.

Anyway, thanks for enduring our inner nerd for one (every) comic.

Maw figurine preorders end on the 25th! If you want 'em, snag 'em before then. There is nothing scientific about them ... yet. I hear gene-splicing is coming along nicely!

Comments

I totally knew Thylacine

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 10/20/2009 - 10:08

I totally knew Thylacine because we had to know it for our mammalogy test. It has been extinct for a while now though, and it still pretty darn neat to know about even if nothing has evolved from it. (Similar to the Tasmanian Devil in skull characteristics as well.)

LOLsauri

Comment by AnonymousCoward (not verified) Wed, 10/21/2009 - 00:37

Quite a few got PachycephaLOLsaurus, but what no one else appears to have thought of is MicROFLpachycephaLOLsaurus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micropachycephalosaurus).

I'd love to see the LOLsauri illustrated, and would also totally approve of a PaleontoLOLgy T-shirt - but, sadly, being a poor student, I still wouldn't buy one :(

Ooo ooo, I got another one

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Mon, 10/26/2009 - 20:36

Tyrnnosaurus reXD! Yes? No? Maybe?

vindicated!

Comment by vitupera (not verified) Fri, 07/02/2010 - 07:45

IT TOTALLY COUNTS NOW. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_melvillei

Science is so amazing. ^_^

Anilol (animal)

Comment by Cameron (not verified) Wed, 07/28/2010 - 08:17

lolrus (Walrus), obviously not a dinosaur, but lolasaurus rex is, I think.

LOL