Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:33 by Ananth in response to hand in the proverbial cookie jar

Ummm so I think this comic is my public punishment for eating the bread. ): I'm sorryyyyyy. To be honest, this is pretty much how it went down ... it was fresh out of the oven, I couldn't say no!

Yuko's Mom gave us a breadmaker! So far we've made white, egg and oatmeal bread, all of which were pretty good. The egg makes the bread a little fluffier? Yeah. I'm curious about the carrot, the poppy-seed lemon, and the zucchini bread. All of them sound delicious ... we will see! Anyway, if you like bread I highly recommend a breadmaker! Definitely a fan.

As mentioned on Tuesday, new stuff in the store: Girl with the Skeleton Hand pins and Maw Crest stickers.

Comments

Don't worry Ananth

Comment by Brian (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:42

We understand. Fresh made bread is 100% irresistible.

Pro tip: slather a piece of fresh-out-of-the-oven bread with honey.
Om nom nom.

What's missing is Aido's

Comment by Zeru (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:43

What's missing is Aido's subsequent beat down of Ananth that is probably too detailed to show to regular viewers.

And then Ananth takes other piece. Out of SPITE.

BREAD MAKERS ARE AWESOME!

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:48

Isn't it just great having one now? ;D
I've been using mine to make more artisan breads at the moment (the dough function is a useful thing) and last night I made some French Baguettes with it.

They were gone in less than an 20 minutes xD

Never tried Baquettes in the

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:51

Never tried Baquettes in the bread maker, they look good. Any specific recipe you use?

Why yes! There is a recipe I

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:24

Why yes! There is a recipe I use! Its my personal favorite because its so stupid simple of a recipe that it isn't hard to make the bread at all, but it does take a REALLY long time. About... 4 hours in total I think.

Its especially tasty fresh out of the oven ;D

Tried out the recipe, it was

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Fri, 10/30/2009 - 17:38

Tried out the recipe, it was amazing! went great with the Venison Stew. Thanks.

:D

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Sat, 10/31/2009 - 16:17

Yaaaaaaay I are helping people! :B

Make us your dream curry!

Comment by Ellie (not verified) Mon, 11/02/2009 - 14:39

Next time you should try it with Yuko's Pumpkin Chicken Dream Curry.

Om nom nom

Comment by Brian (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:53

Om nom nom

We used to make baguettes in

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:54

We used to make baguettes in spacklehaus....
THEY TOOK HOURSSSSS.
Phil was a very strict french bread man. We did the spritzing with water and the bread stone thing and all that jazz. So many hours...
It was delicious :D

But breadmakers are pretty awesome. We had one and then my mom threw out the directions and we never used it again D:

My Dad makes this amazing

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:49

My Dad makes this amazing zucchini bread my Grandmother taught him. It's pretty much win in an edible form. you should try making a Banana nut bread as well.

Ananth The trick is to eat the bread before anyone else notices its done then blame it on the oven, or hob goblins.

Hahaha, this is exactly like

Comment by Wood (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 14:59

Hahaha, this is exactly like the Marshmallow Experiment :

ooh bread

Comment by origamibunny (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:08

egg WILL make it fluffier, yeah.... in theory, it should taste richer but i've never noticed the difference (i kinda make bread by hand a lot... machines just complicate things in the kitchen for me ¬_¬) I don't know if you can do this with the breadmaker, but if you sprinkle on different things before cooking (e.g. sesame seeds, oats, salt/pepper, anything really) even that adds a surprising amount to the flavour :) I still need to try mixing stuff into the bread itself though...

ooh! also see if you can find a brioche recipe for your breadmaker. YOU WON'T REGRET IT. (especially when you decide that it needs dried fruit or chocolate chips in the mix. which you will. it's inevitable. or should be. it tastes SO NICE either way)

MADNESS

Comment by Denis (not verified) Fri, 10/30/2009 - 12:26

fruits and chocolate in a brioche? blasphemy!!! however, im curious, do you deep fry yours? they are quite good when deep fried :D just add butter to the ones fresh out, and you have yourself a delectable treat. my mom only makes it about twice a year D:

I find myself in a similar

Comment by b4k4 (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:26

I find myself in a similar situation whenever someone makes cookies or anything with barbecue sauce

Two words:

Comment by SgtDC (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:31

Pumpkin Bread.

Pumpkin bread. You must try

Comment by Nifar (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:40

Pumpkin bread. You must try it.

Ananth might want to join

Comment by Peppa (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:51

Ananth might want to join the Angry Asian Appreciation Association.

I can completely relate. ^^

Comment by Alice (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:56

I can completely relate. ^^ We have a breadmaker at home too, and it's great. The only thing not so fun is the smell of the bread baking when you're hungry but can't eat it because it's baking.

OMGYUMMY!!!O______O

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:58

EGADS!! This SO makes me want to baaaaaaaaaaakeeeeeee!!! XD

Dude! Zucchini bread ROCKS!! XD in my younger years when my dad use to have a kickass veggie garden, he'd stockpile zucchini up the wazoo, of which mom would proceed to shred or puree for zucchini bread!! XD soooooooo goooooooood!!O_O Add choco chips for an extra lil treat in it...mmmmmmmmmmm!^_________^

I should seriously try making carrot bread >.> I've some chopped dates left over from the carrot cake I made from scratch for one of my younger sis's bday this summer XD mmmmmm...will have to make a nice cream cheese frosting to spread on each slice! XDehehehe

aaaaand...dad has a bread maker he hasn't used in a few years >.> hmmmmm...though I like ye ole oven baked bread myself ^_^;;; Especially when it fills the house with its nummynummy baking bread batter contents! XDehe

Indeed

Comment by Denis (not verified) Fri, 10/30/2009 - 12:28

however, have you ever made zuchini chocolate cake? absolutely delicious :D

What

Comment by Emily (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:59

Is the marshmallow test?

I always spell marshmallow wrong DX

Comment by Aido Thu, 10/29/2009 - 22:29

Essentially, a kid is put in a room with one marshmallow.  They are told that if after an amount of time they haven't eaten the marshmallow, they will get one more marshmallow.  Most kids can't wait and eat the marshmallow immediately.  It's supposed to be an exercise in instant gratification versus long-term benefits.

Look it up on Youtube!  The results are pretty adorable.

Zucchini bread is the best

Comment by eagle (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 15:59

Zucchini bread is the best bread ever.

What about....

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Sun, 11/01/2009 - 19:06

Zucchini bread with chocolate chips baked into it. Me and my family make it every year around Christmas. Best desert ever. XD

Hehe well I think my mom

Comment by eagle (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 09:23

Hehe well I think my mom goes off her grandmother's recipe, which includes sour cream to make it extra soft and moist *_* I like it warm with butter smeared all over it... :O~~~

I wish I had a bread maker...

Comment by Pupsqueak (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 16:26

Lemon-poppy seed and banana nut are my two favorite kinds of breads, especially homemade ones. Curse the dorms for frowning upon anything that can possibly be used to make good food!

And now, a question about the Maw stickers because I love them so: Would you be able to use them on, say, a car window? Or a bumper, or both?

You could use them on both!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 10/29/2009 - 16:39

You could use them on both! They're sticky, not static cling, so once you put 'em on they hold real nicely. The photo in the preview is my laptop - the clear parts of the stickers are quite clear.

OMG a breadmaker

Comment by ZombiePencil (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 16:53

What kind of breadmaker is it? I've been scouting around because I HATE my oven

Yum.

Comment by Cheri (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 17:17

I definitely recommend Hawaiian sweet bread boxed mix. If not for the taste but the godly aromas that will fill the house as you make it. =]

And, you guys can all make Conrad feel bad about his nose not working!

Zucchini bread...

Comment by Kate (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 17:44

is better than it sounds. It's sweet and delicious and very filling, and good warm with a touch of butter. I hiiiighly suggest you make some.

Om nom nom

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 17:50

I was friends with someone as a kid whose house always smelled like bread. Their mom was flattered when I told her that. =)

I'm asking for a breadmaker for Christmas (I think I'm in my 'nesting' stage =P ). I think doing so is the first step on a very slippery slope of bready goodness.

Bacon and Cheese Bread

Comment by Max (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 18:03

Ohhhh maaaaan, I've always wanted a bread maker, just for this recipe: http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/2009/03/bacon-cheese-bread.html

It looks delicious, and I am so jealous.

Good man! :)

Comment by Valis_kr3 (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 18:44

Good man! :)

This comic is basically a

Comment by Sirrus (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 19:09

This comic is basically a Garfield strip. The good people of Johnny Wander have transcended reality and are now a living fiction.

LASAGNA IS THE BEST

Comment by Aido Thu, 10/29/2009 - 21:51

MAN, I HATE MONDAYS

Wow, this is hard.  Help me out, guys!

GAAAAARFIEEEEEEEEELD

Comment by Ananth Thu, 10/29/2009 - 22:14

GAAAAARFIEEEEEEEEELD

I'm in the mood to party.

Comment by Steve (not verified) Sat, 10/31/2009 - 02:08

I'm in the mood to party. Or fold laundry.

YES! Get a breadmaker! I

Comment by Stephen (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 19:19

YES! Get a breadmaker! I cannot understate how heavenly they are. Seriously.

Think

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 10/30/2009 - 12:32

think about what you just wrote. It was a negative compliment towards breadmakers lol. if you cannot understate how heavenly it is, it means you can be perfectly disparaging yet go lower lol

Jealous!

Comment by Annie Mouse (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 19:22

I love bread... carbs in general are the BEST. That's why they make up the most of the food pyramid.

Man oh man

Comment by Ashley (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 19:40

My mom used to have a bread maker. :1 I dunno what happened to it! But the stuff that came out of it was the BEST, for realsez. I wish we still had one... or if we do, still used it.

I will never understand

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 19:41

I will never understand people with breadmakers. Everyone I know who owns one talks about them like they're the greatest thing since sliced...um...

This is my official

Comment by Iatros (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 20:06

This is my official recommendation to make zucchini bread. It is seriously one of the best kinds of breads, especially when it is warm and fresh. Mmm...zucchini bread....

Admit it Ananth...

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 20:53

It tasted good, didn't it? >:D

But here's the logic loophole:
You're eating the bread butt- err, I mean "Heel"!

Moar Bread

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 21:03

Add these to your list of breads to make: pumpkin bread, potato bread, pumpernickel, sourdough, rye and cheddar-jalapeno bread. Mmmm.

Zucchini bread...

Comment by Kierra (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 21:21

ZUCCHINI BREAD. It's extremely delicious stuff, even though it might sound weird. And don't forget banana bread, too!

My dad would always make breadmaker bread when I was younger, and I'd have to side with Ananth and say that fresh bread is irresistible. ;)

I'm a lurker but I'm

Comment by Marla (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 21:24

I'm a lurker but I'm unlurking just to say you should make zucchini bread next!

It's more like a cake though. It's very sweet depending on how you make it and tastes amazing with nuts!

Warm bread smell is so

Comment by Moonfire (not verified) Thu, 10/29/2009 - 21:44

Warm bread smell is so irresistible - there's a bread factory near my campus, so sometimes the entire area smells like bread. Not just bread, but *warm* bread - even if it's below freezing outside.

Also, zucchini bread is awesome, but zucchini bread with RAISINS is awesome with OMG on top with a side of amazing. Also works well with banana bread, and prolly others I can't think of at the moment.