on the internet we are all ghosts

We went out for Halloween this year, to a party at George's friend Jisuk's place. It was a lot of fun! We got to see Beatles Rock Band for the first time (what a beautiful game!) and Mike showed us he knows the words to every song ever.

Our costumes (except for George's) were pretty slapdash. Here's the list, if you're curious:

George: Dr. Mario, complete with blue/red pill cookies -- too good!!
Yuko: skeleton
Megan: Rosie the Riveter (definitely the best last-minute costume of all of us)
Ananth: The Spirit (I think Yuko tricked me into wearing a suit ]: )
John: Ira Glass, host of This American Life
Mike: Kanye West ... he interrupted me during introductions, I couldn't stop laughing.

We also got to catch Zombieland, which was a lot of fun! Odd to apply the word "cute" to a zombie movie, but there it is.

New tee in the store! We went ahead and made a t-shirt based on the Maw crest that the stickers were based on - here's the Mawzantine Crest tee:

OH! Girl and Cats and Fox & Raven prints are both restocked in the store. Many of you have been e-mailing us about those ... sorry it took so long, there was a printing error and we had to send them back ... then I said hell with it and upgraded the printing quality for the corrected batch. They look great!

Oh! Yuko handed me the assets for this yesterday and I finished putting it together this morning:

It's the package design for the Patchtogether figurine! Hope ya dig.

Comments

Grocery store on Halloween...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:12

I went grocery shopping on Halloween day. All the female clerks were wearing Halloween outfits, including one cat girl. All the guys were dressed normally. Kinda of weird. I was tempted to ask if all the girls who work there are real witches. :)

The packaging looks great,

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:16

The packaging looks great, love the different Maw poses. I think the most interesting costume I saw on Halloween was a snow white with a Flintlock pistol. Mike being Kanye sounds hilarious.

Dang, that Snow White sounds

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:23

Dang, that Snow White sounds like a badass.

Man, you guys always sound

Comment by Jade (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:20

Man, you guys always sound like such neat people to hang out with. D:! I spent my Halloween holed up in my house, dressed as a mad hatter with nowhere to go. Boooo.

I did not see any sexy cat girls during Halloween, but I did see a lot of zombies this year? (And a friend also dressed as Kanye who apparently was jumping out at trick-or-treaters and saying "YO HALLOWEEN I'MA LET YOU FINISH BUT CHRISTMAS IS BEST HOLIDAY OF ALL TIME")

Saying old kanye west dialog

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 07:23

Saying old kanye west dialog will ensure that they will now never hang with you ever.

Wait, huh? When did I say I

Comment by Jade (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 17:56

Wait, huh? When did I say I was saying old Kanye? Like I said before, I have a friend who was doing that for Halloween.

Came out loud and clear to

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/05/2009 - 13:01

Came out loud and clear to me! Don't sweat it. :)

Credit where its Due.

Comment by George Rohac (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:25

Edit required - I made the dough, cut the forms, and baked the cookies (all buy the Viruses). Yuko did the majority of the icing and Megan helped on a few too. Whereas I only iced a handful.

For sure! Just saying that

Comment by Ananth Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:45

For sure! Just saying that the pill cookies were part of your costume theme. :)

and by that

Comment by George Rohac (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:46

I mean, I don't want it to seem like I did the cookies when yuko did the primary work that made them look and be as cool as they came out to be.

Dude I know - the way she

Comment by Ananth Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:56

Dude I know - the way she did the white reflecty bit was crazy! Only her.

Woooo Dr. Mario! But only

Comment by Jiminiminy (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 20:50

Woooo Dr. Mario!

But only eleven? How unfortunate! I counted about twenty sexy kitten costumes during my day, but they were a lot more original ones than you'd expect. Other counts include: Six Waldos (Wally if you're outside NA), the entire cast of Scooby Doo plus a Mystery Machine, a guy in a sexy (girl) nurse costume, and an Old Gregg. I went as Big Boss, from MGS. Was a pretty great time, if you disregard the lack of candy.

It's kind of weird that there were three talking to each other on the transit though. Did they not want to be different?

The Spirit!

Comment by Matt (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 21:06

I was going to try to go as The Spirit, but I couldn't find a fedora anywhere, and definitely didn't know where to get a domino mask. But I had the trenchcoat, and a gun holster, so I ended up being a private eye, in what was surely to be my least understood costume ever...

But I digress. Did you really wear the baseball cap with your outfit?

Hahaha, of course. I also

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:31

Hahaha, of course. I also strictly didn't wear a suit jacket ... I was a modern Spirit. (really it was the worst costume)

Disappointed

Comment by Denis (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 21:15

Ananth, im terribly disappointed in you. With this latest picture, you have shattered the illusion that you have no eyes. There was an eye, peeking under the edge of that baseball cap. terribly disappointed. lol

NO HE STILL HAS NO EYES!

Comment by Aido Tue, 11/03/2009 - 22:31

There is only a part of an eye because it is the hole FOR an eye in the domino mask!  Look, it is part of the outfit

Yeah, the eye is part of the

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:31

Yeah, the eye is part of the mask. ;)

slight misunderstanding

Comment by Denis (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 02:15

I was not referring to your costume, but rather the picture of you modeling the MAW tshirt. I believe your right eye is visible.

OH! My mistake -- my eye is

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/05/2009 - 13:09

OH! My mistake -- my eye is even more visible in the new product photo. Oops!

Oh cool, there was a Rosie

Comment by darrylayo (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 21:23

Oh cool, there was a Rosie the Riveter at the party I went to as well!

For The Record

Comment by Steve (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 22:01

I was not with the gang for halloween so it didn't make it in, but I saw a super sweet Dexter costume while I was on the town. He had on his killin' outfit (as seen here on the right), complete with blood spray mask, apron, and large butcher knife. It was a sight to behold.

rosie

Comment by Kelly Anne (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 22:35

I was Rosie the Riveter last year! It's a pretty kickass costume and too easy. The hardest part was remembering to reapply my red lipstick after consuming candy.

I love the Doctor Mario idea!

OMG I THINK I SEE THEM

Comment by Kr-Alecs (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 22:53

I think I see his eyes! Are those them? Are those them?

...

no, its a myth, a legend! There is no chance that Anath would show a hint of having ocular organs!

Hahaha, they were part of

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:37

Hahaha, they were part of the costume. ;)

I was one too!

Comment by ggelatine (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 23:11

For our Rocky Horror shadowcast on the 30th, I dressed up as a cat girl to work the spotlight! I didn't really have a costume this year, since on the 31st I was Columbia, heh. I saw quite a few cat girls, too. And they were NOT SEXY. Nor were they even at our shows! Ah well, that's DC for ya... >.>

Yay DC!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:38

Yay DC!

^__^

Comment by ggelatine (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 10:12

Yay DC!

You got totally tricked into a suit

Comment by Nare (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 23:41

We hoped more foresight from you, Ananth. You fell for Yuko's scheme completely.

If this post gets erased, I know it was you Yuko xD

*blush*

Comment by Cathy (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 23:48

Does it count as "sexy kitten" if I wore long sleeves and pants? Didn't bother with a silly tail, but I must admit to wearing a corset over everything else.

Hahaha, there's nothing

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:39

Hahaha, there's nothing wrong with sexy kitten! :) I think it was just the costume we saw most. It only counts if you want it to!

Maw figurines?

Comment by Ponk (not verified) Tue, 11/03/2009 - 23:53

If the package design is being done, does that mean it is almost time to get our Maws? I AM EXCITED.

I'm not sure ... ! All that

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:40

I'm not sure ... ! All that shipping stuff happens on Patchtogether's schedule rather than ours, so you gotta ask them, I'm afraid. :/

...Mawzantine?

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 00:17

I caught a Sexy Beermaid this year. Thought that was fairly original.

The BEST last-minute halloween costume, though... Scott Pilgrim. Or rather, whichever character from Scott Pilgrim you most resemble.

Matthew Patel! Pirates are

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:40

Matthew Patel! Pirates are in this year!!

Alternatively...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 13:10

You could wear a "western-y" shirt and go as Stephen Stills. And then cause hilarious confusion wherein people try to figure out if you're the one from Scott Pilgrim or Crosby Stills and Nash.

I saw maybe one sexy kitten

Comment by Krimson (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 00:20

I saw maybe one sexy kitten at the party I went to, which I thought was odd, given the general popularity of that costume every friggin' year. There were, like, ten sexy French maids, though.

One French maid was male. That was certainly frightening.

Also: George's costume? AWESOME.

Didn't actually see any

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:41

Didn't actually see any french maids, huh. I must be going to the wrong parties.

George's costume IS awesome!

TAL

Comment by MooSe (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 00:43

Ira Glass is quite possibly the best idea for a Halloween costume I've heard of in quite some time. My inner This American Life nerd is overwhelming with glee.

One day "I'mmalet you finish" will get old.
I hope that day is far, far in the future.

Yeah, it was cool - he was

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:41

Yeah, it was cool - he was carrying a flashlight for a mic. I think next year he'll hopefully get the full grey suit.

i went as marvin the

Comment by June (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 01:40

i went as marvin the martian. Water gun! woohooo!

The Spirit, huh? Okay, now

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 01:44

The Spirit, huh? Okay, now I'm curious. I'd like photographic proof.

John took some photos! I'll

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:42

John took some photos! I'll try to snag 'em ... to be honest, I had the full costume on for about 10 minutes. It was way too warm.

Can I just say that John is

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 01:48

Can I just say that John is like... my most favorite person now. Ira Glass as a costume is the most amazing thing I've ever heard.... though, he'll have to one up it with something crazy like Garrison Keillor for next year xD

Hahaha, oooh. Garrison

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:43

Hahaha, oooh. Garrison Keillor, good call.

Ooooh, guys, you are

Comment by Marcellus (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 03:13

Ooooh, guys, you are awesome)))

Halloween is Sexy

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 03:16

Sexy Postal Worker can deliver my mail anytime ;D. Anyway,I love it when you guys do these people counter comics,it's pretty funny to see the number of people for a particular thing you can find.Also I was wondering who that was dressed up as Kayne,I almost thought it was Conrad for a sec XP.

Since you mentioned the Maw,I actually did a Halloween drawing with the little guy it:

To be honest, if our post

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:45

To be honest, if our post office was full of sexy postal workers, I would be happy ... it's currently populated by surly employees.

Conrad can't dress up as himself for Halloween! And the drawing is ace, thanks for sharing! :DD

Black Conye

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 04:04

Is that a black Conye that I see on the bus?

My Mistake

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 04:07

Sorry, Mike. I should really read the blog post before I comment.

Georges smile with that