on the internet we are all ghosts

We went out for Halloween this year, to a party at George's friend Jisuk's place. It was a lot of fun! We got to see Beatles Rock Band for the first time (what a beautiful game!) and Mike showed us he knows the words to every song ever.

Our costumes (except for George's) were pretty slapdash. Here's the list, if you're curious:

George: Dr. Mario, complete with blue/red pill cookies -- too good!!
Yuko: skeleton
Megan: Rosie the Riveter (definitely the best last-minute costume of all of us)
Ananth: The Spirit (I think Yuko tricked me into wearing a suit ]: )
John: Ira Glass, host of This American Life
Mike: Kanye West ... he interrupted me during introductions, I couldn't stop laughing.

We also got to catch Zombieland, which was a lot of fun! Odd to apply the word "cute" to a zombie movie, but there it is.

New tee in the store! We went ahead and made a t-shirt based on the Maw crest that the stickers were based on - here's the Mawzantine Crest tee:

OH! Girl and Cats and Fox & Raven prints are both restocked in the store. Many of you have been e-mailing us about those ... sorry it took so long, there was a printing error and we had to send them back ... then I said hell with it and upgraded the printing quality for the corrected batch. They look great!

Oh! Yuko handed me the assets for this yesterday and I finished putting it together this morning:

It's the package design for the Patchtogether figurine! Hope ya dig.

Comments

Halloween

Comment by Brian (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 05:26

Halloween is an excuse for most girls to dress as slutty as they wish they could dress year round. :)

There was this one couple at

Comment by Jarryd (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 05:31

There was this one couple at work who did a priest and nun costume.
She was pregnant.

Yeah, they won the best duo contest too.

Hahaha!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:50

Hahaha!

Ira Glass costume

Comment by Kristin (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 08:40

I would just love to see a picture of this costume. I work for a public radio station and Ira Glass was just here in Baltimore last month speaking to our members. My co-workers and I love Ira and someone dressing up as him would just make our day! If possible could we see the pic?

Thanks so much!
Kristin

Yeah, let me see what I can

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:50

Yeah, let me see what I can do! :)

Awesome!

Comment by Kristin (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 12:56

Sweet! Thanks so much!

Hey Kristin! This is

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:27

Hey Kristin!

This is unfortunately the only one we have - I forgot that John is actually our resident photographer, so by default he appears in the least number of pictures. This is a shot of him as he was putting it together:

Ira Glasses

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Next year he's planning to go all out, hopefully with the suit.

Oh thanks so much! I really

Comment by Kristin (not verified) Mon, 11/09/2009 - 07:26

Oh thanks so much! I really appreciate that you guys took the time to find the pic for me. I'm still going to pass it around the station and point folks in the direction of this comic!

I know what you mean about being the resident photographer. That's my husband. I'm in thousands of pictures, and he's in 12. That's how it is.

Thanks again! I (and the rest of the folks at the station) really do appreciate it!

Kristin

Sexy Postal Worker

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:08

the sexy postal worker *is* original. They don't even have it in the Girl's Costume Warehouse.

Hahaha, wow ... too funny.

Comment by Ananth Wed, 11/04/2009 - 10:51

Hahaha, wow ... too funny.

That, and What Is It With Harry Potter Costumes?

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 12:22

In Omaha, it was like 20+ people in Hogwarts outfits. And we even saw a female Harry Potter. Only like 1 catgirl out of the bunch.

I went as Dr. Who - not the present incarnations, but Tom-Baker-the-fourth-Doctor Dr. Who. With the brown trenchcoat, 13 ft long striped scarf, a red-curly haired wig, and old-fashioned sonic screwdriver. My friend Marcos made a K-9 Unit we pulled around on a leash, and came as my Companion UNIT Surgeon-Lieutenant Harry Sullivan. My wife came along as Ms. Smith.

They even played the funny Dr. Who rally song at the party and we stood up and did the hands-in-the-air thing just for laughs. I enjoy really good costumes, and I think George's Dr. Mario is clever (we Dr.s have to stand together you know).

Costume Nirvana

Comment by Nieve (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 14:20

Man, eleven catgirls, sexy postal workers, and... do I spot a Dr. Mario in the corner? Dude, it's awesome over there.

Im curious

Comment by mouse (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 14:27

since you all are talking about costumes, does it still count as a costume if you dress like a booze hound and end up drunk?

>,>
I really am just curious
<,<

Yes, it does

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 10:23

Yeah, it just adds to the authenticity.

Oh wow. What a

Comment by KA42 (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 20:48

Oh wow. What a coincedence.
I actually went as The Spirit as well and my friend was Kanye West.

ira dahling

Comment by Rebecca (not verified) Wed, 11/04/2009 - 23:15

OMG SEXY KITTENS WERE EVERYWHERE
i saw one guy who was a litter box D:
John, that is the greatest idea for a slapdash costume evah! is that him in panels 1 and 2? so cute! second best might be sexy postal worker--although I'm biased.
all of your costumes sound super cute, thanks for sharing :)
digging the package design!

Have you guys ever

Comment by Farasha (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 00:10

Have you guys ever considered selling some of these things as posters? Girl with Cats, Fox & Raven, even the Maw packaging would make great posters! I would totally buy one!

We have! I just gotta set it

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/05/2009 - 03:21

We have! I just gotta set it up - buy the shipping supplies, figure out how many we're going to order and so on. Maybe that'll be my next project ...

Ohhh sexy cat girl...

Comment by MisKacey (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 06:07

I think I only saw 4 this year, which is a huge improvement. The only time I ever went as a cat was when I was 9, and no it was not sexy!

I went as Flo the Progressive insurance lady this year! It was a HUGE hit walking around downtown Portland!

Wow! That's pretty uncanny.

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/05/2009 - 13:11

Wow! That's pretty uncanny.

XD

Comment by MissKacey (not verified) Fri, 11/06/2009 - 04:46

That's what everyone kept saying! Even my friends were creeped out, saying I looked just like her.

I'm depressed now, because I'll never be able to top this!

George's Next Costume

Comment by DeadPixlz (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 13:40

Should seriously be Fawful from the Mario & Luigi RPG series. Those grin and glasses together....wow.

costumes

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:49

I saw 25 sexy bumblebees! Well, 24 and 2 normal ones. I was so confused. I didn't even try to count the ladybugs.

Ananth should've been the

Comment by Wack'd (not verified) Thu, 07/12/2012 - 14:49

Ananth should've been the Phantom Stranger, on account of his hat-shadow.