Mugs!

Mugs!

Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:25 by Ananth in response to everyone needs a hobby

These were the spoils of victory during an otherwise unsuccessful Halloween-costume hunt at the nearby Goodwill. A couple of years ago my buddies and I went as tacky zombies - we found the loudest clothes and then ripped 'em up and poured fake blood all over 'em. I think that might be the only costume the thrift shop was good for ...

Yuko maintains a collection of mugs that she has accumulated through a rigorous and selective process over the course of many years. Not any old mug can make it onto the rack - only the elite of the elite. Take a look:

From left to right,
Row 1: wild strawberry, red queen (the subject of this particular comic), thirty hurts
Row 2: jackalope, white ribbon cat, black ribbon cat, candy canes
Row 3: blue mug, Virgo mug, George's Octopus Pie mug

There are a few missing, but you get the idea. I am actually pretty fond of the mug collection.

The store got a big facelift yesterday! New logo, and most importantly new product photos! Our own photographer/cinematographer John Kelly took the photos on the roof of our building yesterday ... I think the pics for the new tees especially turned out great.

Yuko's lookin' sharp! Oh, I keep forgetting to mention, all tees come with a free Mawzantine Crest sticker - a little thank you for your support. <3 Those of you who already ordered got one too, no worries. And the Fox & Raven and Girl & Cats prints and the Girl with the Skeleton Hand pinset and Mawzantine Crest stickers have been restocked! So you can snag those if you've been waiting - sorry for the delay!

I think that's all for now ... time for us to get back to work! Have a good weekend guys!

Comments

I had just been looking at

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:31

I had just been looking at the comments for the other comic when low and behold it updated :D My dad has all the first edition manuals for D&D, so that's the only version I've played. Thought that was pretty cool that you guys got it :D I actually don't like any of the newer editions because they changed the game play and switched up the AC systems and stuff...

Johnny Wander | Updates Tuesday and Thursday

Comment by Trinidad (not verified) Fri, 04/12/2013 - 00:44

Conducive to this causes, it becomes a acknowledged tailor between gabber songs followers and an taste notice in In Dance Lifestyle.
But even leaving that aside, the ~15% of the $40,000 that the PAC has raised so far which was donated by publicly funded families is at least $6,000 - enough to print up plenty of T-shirts to sell, or buy every item in their silent auction with money to spare. Increasingly who are investing in styles torrid potty the catwalk, and more sympathetic, the better.

HOLY SHIT I CAN SEE ANANTH'S

Comment by Omi (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:34

HOLY SHIT I CAN SEE ANANTH'S EYES

NUH-UH!

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 19:54

The top rim of his glasses is blocking his actual eye.
It doesn't count unless you get a full view.

My friend saw Ananth's eyes

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/10/2009 - 12:10

My friend saw Ananth's eyes once, at a convention. He's not here anymore.

The candy cane mug

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:39

We have that mug... at least I think we still do. We've had it for years. It's all chipped and stained.

The strawberry mug

Comment by Ellie (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:54

You know, I swear I used to have a strawberry mug like that one! Or maybe it was my grandmothers... I'm definitely getting a "vibe" from that mug.

I wonder if Yuko gets a

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:16

I wonder if Yuko gets a "vibe" too ... maybe that's how she chooses them.

You know, I'd like to agree

Comment by Cheezfergur (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:45

You know, I'd like to agree that Goodwill is pretty much good for nothing when it comes to shopping, but last year it provided me with the last piece of an awesome Baron Samedi/undead cowboy/bounty hunter thingy I was. The secret to finding what you need at Goodwill is that you have to do a crazy dance and impress it first. Only then will it give you what you seek.

The real secret of Goodwill

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 17:30

No, no, no. The secret to Goodwill is to not be looking for something. They will never have what you want when you want it, especially if you NEED it. But if you just wander through, they have everything.

Truer words...

Comment by Steve (not verified) Sat, 11/07/2009 - 04:32

This. I was looking for an inexpensive sofa with no luck, but found the original Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis in box for $3.

Snrrrrrk

Comment by Atticus (not verified) Mon, 11/09/2009 - 20:47

Wander through...or you could say...Johnny Wander through!? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!! Okay, I'll stop.

Good lord...

Comment by Atticus (not verified) Mon, 11/09/2009 - 20:50

I wanted to apologize for that pun, and ask Ananth, Yuko, Mookie [lord of puns], and everyone else that I actually let that joke out of my head.

Thanks for the tips mate! I

Comment by Albuquerque classifieds (not verified) Sun, 04/01/2012 - 18:47

Thanks for the tips mate! I will definitely follow your advise. I am big fan of mugs and that's because as ridiculous as it may sound, a simple mug message can actually make my day. I am always after this kind of items that are designed to cheer us up, and thankfully you can find an infinite diversity of them online too.

I like how you always draw

Comment by Mark W (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:53

I like how you always draw George as some unsettling bloke - the pedophile smile is hilarious.

I'll have to find a suitable

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:17

I'll have to find a suitable picture of George to post some time ... one look at his RL self tends to explain everything.

I think we own the blue and

Comment by Poptartian (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 16:58

I think we own the blue and the candy cane mug. We've got a bazillion so its not uncommon. (I like mugs too, Yuko!)

Mug collecting

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 11/06/2009 - 18:00

I buy gigantic mugs cos I like tea a LOT. I drink a pot so that I can function. My family refer to them as my buckets. Anybody remember the pizza hut mugs with the faces on them?

Mug Shot

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 17:05

I like the blue mug and the 'req queen' mug. I disagree with the 'Thirty Hurts' mug; mine was pretty painless though I'm sure forty might sting a bit.

I think we have a few weird mugs in our collection, though every time we move we try to weed them out. My favorite is my Roger Rabbit mug (actually, I have two). I have a Megatokyo latte cup at work. =)

I think the Thirty Hurts mug

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:18

I think the Thirty Hurts mug was purchased because it was so dumb, although Yuko can correct me if I'm wrong ... !

Man, I wish we had a Roger Rabbit mug.

Pbbbbblleeze?

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 11/10/2009 - 18:05

I got one at a Disney store and one at a greeting card store. The 2nd one has Roger standing in a room full of TNT with a lit match saying "My life is one big disaster waiting to happen."

Oh God, Goodwill.

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 17:25

My dad LOVES Goodwill with a passion. We pretty much reenact this comic regularly, only with panel 3 replaced with him saying "YES, and I got all this other stuff too!"

Forget the mug, OMG 1ST

Comment by Bento (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 18:37

Forget the mug, OMG 1ST EDITION MM SQUEEEEEE.

*cough*

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 23:56

Am I the only one who can get behind this sentiment?

I'm Also Behind the Sentiment

Comment by McClaud (not verified) Fri, 11/06/2009 - 11:25

I got a lot of good RPG books at Goodwill back in the day. It's like finding treasure in the poorly organized book racks.

Oh, and I always buy any Choose Your Own Adventure books that I don't own that I find at Goodwill, too.

I'm totally behind this

Comment by Kalathandra (not verified) Sat, 11/07/2009 - 10:53

I'm totally behind this comment, when I saw that in the drawing I stared and couldn't believe it!

Fuck yea octopus pie mug!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 18:50

Fuck yea octopus pie mug!

Yeah

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 22:40

Yeah, I really want to get the pint glass.

Fuck yeah Octopus Pie!

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:18

Fuck yeah Octopus Pie!

the best one is the one that

Comment by hillary (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 19:45

the best one is the one that appears to say "thirty hurts" obviously

I mean we all knew that right

I wanted to find a mug that

Comment by John Kelly (not verified) Sun, 11/08/2009 - 10:49

I wanted to find a mug that said "30 Hz" on it to go with it.

the Book

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 19:52

There has to be pictures!

I think we can hook that up!

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:19

I think we can hook that up! Actually I'll probably do a write-up on some of the dumb monsters some time.

Most of those monsters are

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Sat, 11/07/2009 - 06:17

Most of those monsters are still in the game... :-)

TSR and now Wizards generally like to hold onto the "original" monsters since they're Gygax creations, to a degree.

I'm really interested

Comment by Sparkie_x (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 20:17

to know what George looks like in the real world. is his face truly frozen in that wonderful and yet unsettling grin?

Could be their way of saying

Comment by Mark W (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 20:30

Could be their way of saying he's creepy as hell.

Man, I hope he's not reading this.

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:20

I'm just going to let the illustrations speak for themselves, really.

Really...

Comment by Pupsqueak (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 20:32

So you're telling me that I get two Mawzantine things for the price of one? ... I'm totally in.

P.S. I totally collect mugs

Comment by Pupsqueak (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 20:35

P.S. I totally collect mugs too. I absolutely adore the ribbon cat ones!

I think the ribbon cats are

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:21

I think the ribbon cats are my favorites here too ... ironically, one of them broke yesterday. -_-

Zombie Bride

Comment by Kimba (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 21:46

I was a zombie bride. I bought a $40 wedding dress at a thrift store. The most gawdt one I could find. Lace, beading, big sholders, ridiculously long train. Then I torn it up and put fake blood on it. It was fun, though I feel bad.... I completely destroyed a wedding dress someone wore to their wedding probably 20 years ago (it was that old and ugly looking).

Did you have a zombie groom?

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:22

Did you have a zombie groom? If you didn't and people asked, you coulda said you ate him.

office worker zombie

Comment by Kimba (not verified) Fri, 11/06/2009 - 15:12

No groom, but yes I did tell people he was dead too. I even have my picture outside of CakeLove in Silver Spring, MD yelling "I want wedding cake (and brains)... I didn't get mine!" during the zombie walk.

MUGS!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 21:53

I actually used to have that very same Virgo mug, that is until my non-coffee drinking roomate accidentally kicked it off the coffee table and obliterated. I miss it!

I don't understand...

Comment by Shiara (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 22:11

How could anyone mistake Yuko for a guy??? She's cute!

I know right??

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/05/2009 - 23:46

I know right??

Mistaken There

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Fri, 11/06/2009 - 03:39

You know it's bad when Yuko gets mistaken for a little girl or a little boy,but I don't know if it's a compliment or not when she gets mistaken for you Ananth.Then again if it were I'd take it as a compliment in an odd sort of way xP.

Haha, I don't think she's

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/06/2009 - 10:15

Haha, I don't think she's ever been mistaken for me ... the things people tend to look for are a black cap and stubble. Yuko can really only get one of those (hint: it is the cap).

Oh geez

Comment by Matt (not verified) Sun, 11/08/2009 - 06:24

Now I'm imagining Yuko with stubble, biting down on a cigar.

My mugs

Comment by kriztov (not verified) Thu, 11/05/2009 - 22:42

The only mug I have is a Dark Knight mug, it's actually the joker. It's so cool, but I'm heartbroken because the handle is coming away from the mug, so it's going to break any day now.