Happy Thanksgiving! (only valid in the U.S. and belatedly in Canada)

John I'm sorry! We revealed your terrible secret!

Happy Thanksgiving! If you are American why are you on the computer?? You should be eating. If you're doing both, that's acceptable (I think??).

Some neat news!

Happy Thanksgiving from Applegeeks in TIME.com's Techland!

Snapture (the iPhone app I worked on) on the front page of TechCrunch!

We are working today - over 50% done with the project we've been plugging away at! You will see it soon!! Here's a sneak peek at character designs:

Oh, gotta mention - we haven't released a holiday shipping schedule like everyone else yet - if you are really worried just check out USPS's holiday schedule, we'll be basing ours off of that.

I think that's all! Eat a lot, and we'll see you next week! Probably still with full stomachs ...

Comments

WELL.

Comment by louie (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 15:57

Ahhh, maple syrup. I remember downing a bottle on Canada Day.

GOOD TIMES.

Oh Louie, you're such a

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 15:58

Oh Louie, you're such a lush.

it's really good on mac n'

Comment by louie (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 16:26

it's really good on mac n' cheese!!

0.o

Comment by origamibunny (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 16:00

maple syrup: understandable. it's amazing. some of that other stuff... D=

and the reason I'M at a computer rather than eating is that i'm in one of the many, many countries that doesn't celebrate thanksgiving. in my case britain :P

Oh man, you're right. ):

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 16:03

Oh man, you're right. ): That's short-sighted of me - I corrected myself. Thank you! :D

Hey! Honey shots are

Comment by Viga (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 16:09

Hey! Honey shots are awesome!:P

Wow.....

Comment by Gheir (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 16:37

That Techland pretty is pretty much a thank you to materialism.

Well ...

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 17:17

We were asked by a tech blog to do a piece about technology

Happy Thanksgiving, if you observe! :)

Soysauce...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 16:46

... and Balsamic Vinegar!? that's HARDCORE! I can take shots from most of those but the soysauce and balsamic vinegar's too much

you can tell john that i

Comment by Sam (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 17:02

you can tell john that i also take shots of many of those things!
the only one i will not take is salt, because it makes me too thirsty.

Iiiiii've taken shots of A1

Comment by Lin (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 17:07

Iiiiii've taken shots of A1 Steak Sauce before. DELICIOUS

John, you are not alone. XD

Oh man ... we might have to

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 17:20

Oh man ... we might have to recommend A1 to John, although he is probably way ahead of us.

I keep reading A1 Steak

Comment by bevam (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:05

I keep reading A1 Steak sauce as *AI* steak sauce, which, if you are involved in cattle farming or veterinary medicine, is not the same thing at all @__@

(AI= artificial insemination. Taking shots of this would put you in a whoooole different category)

I'm pretty sure that would

Comment by Lin (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 12:30

I'm pretty sure that would be the internet fetish category.

And now that exists.

Questionable Content

Comment by Sanky (not verified) Sun, 11/29/2009 - 23:29

Questionable Content reference...

Hee. I am sure he is. Oh

Comment by Lin (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 12:36

Hee. I am sure he is.

Oh hey! If he is ever at Connecticon, I'd love to meet him. I already met you, Yuko, and Conrad this past con.

I will challenge him to an A1 shot contest if he comes. And there will be blood.

Good times

Comment by Brian (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 17:22

I remember the bottle of dark maple syrup I bought.
That stuff never touched a pancake. Always straight from the bottle :)

Also: all these shots, and not a drop of alcohol. For shame.

Mapppplleee Syrup.

Comment by Rose (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 17:30

Awe. Maple syrup is awesome. I get that stuff in bulk.... Canada ftw.

suggestion

Comment by Cathy (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:12

Have him try it with mirin ;o)

WAIT A MINUTE.

Comment by louie (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:24

SALT? A SHOT OF SALT?

how is he still alive

Eh.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 20:27

"Drinking" it can't be worse than snorting it.
That's a bet I regret losing.

Snorting FunDip is the

Comment by Krimson (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 20:54

Snorting FunDip is the worst.

(Or no, maybe snorting cayenne pepper, but I have not done that. The FunDip fiasco was painful enough.)

X_X

Comment by Razor (not verified) Mon, 11/30/2009 - 12:53

That was my question as well. Bleahhh!

o.0

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 03:01

And soy sauce?! I knew a girl that downed a bottle of the stuff, but that was because she had a sodium deficiency. Some of them I can understand, though. I sued to sneak shots of mustard when I was younger.

Yes John... Keep drinking

Comment by CSIS (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:25

Yes John... Keep drinking all the syrup you like, the mind altering chemicals are already taking effect.

~Your pals at the Canadian Security Intelligence Service! :D

American on the computer?

Comment by Last Blade (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:40

Well, I'm American and on the computer...
but it's because I live in Korea, and we celebrate Thanksgiving in August. LOL Sometimes I forget about US Thanksgiving. ㅋㅋㅋ

balsamic vinegar tastes sooo

Comment by Asja (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:43

balsamic vinegar tastes sooo good! only thing on the list I drink straight from the bottle. maple syrup and honey are way to sweet.

I followed the link through,

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 21:54

I followed the link through, your stuff is beautiful! I wish I could read it, but it's a testament to your expressions and sequentials that I can puzzle some of them out anyway!

Sometimes there is Soco

Comment by Yenian (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 18:48

Sometimes there is Soco mixed in with the syrup.

That sounds great!

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 21:55

That sounds great!

No really, it's pretty

Comment by John Kelly (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 21:49

No really, it's pretty awesome!

Support Group

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 19:02

John! You can't solve all your problems with shots! Even if you can take shots of all things with no problems!

But, but...

Comment by Sophie (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 19:06

No shots of hot sauce!? Hot sauce is straight-up the most delicious condiment to do shots of... though probably the worse for your stomach lining.

John doesn't really do spicy

Comment by Ananth Thu, 11/26/2009 - 21:55

John doesn't really do spicy food, but if he did then he would, I'm sure!

He mustn't be a Buffalonian

Comment by The Terrible Buffalonian (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 23:57

He mustn't be a Buffalonian then. I am one and my tolerance for spicy is awful, thus the name.

Actually, my family is all

Comment by John Kelly (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 21:51

Actually, my family is all from Buffalo, and I do love the taste of Buffalo sauce, but my heartburn usually keeps me on the fairly mild end of sauces.

you should try it with some

Comment by t-c-c (not verified) Tue, 12/01/2009 - 02:34

you should try it with some blue cheese to top it off. :b

still a bit spicy, but it helps. plus it makes it that much more buffalo wing-y :D

Shots

Comment by Andrew Ferguson (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 19:16

An actual good shot involving maple syrup is as follows:

Fill shot glass 2/3 of the way with maple syrup of choice

Fill remaining 1/3 with Bailey's Irish Cream (or budget substitute)

Enjoy

A drink John might like

Comment by rikchik (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 19:32

A college friend, in a fit of self-loathing, invented the following drink and named it after himself. It has been drunk by many and enjoyed by few. John is welcome to try it.

The "Wilkins"

1 shot of tequila followed immediately by 1 shot of red wine vinegar.

balsamic vinegar!!

Comment by jonni (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 20:14

balsamic vinegar!! ♥♥♥
the rest of the things sound kinda really awful xD

Ahh, the memories.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 20:23

Oddly enough, soy sauce, salad dressing and ketchup are the exact reasons why I don't let my friends mix my drinks anymore.
It was good times up until that point. I don't clearly remember anything after that, but I'm told it quickly went downhill.

john's a MAN'S man.

Comment by MarkyMark (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 21:32

First of all, John is amazing for taking shots of Balsamic Vinegar. That's the best way to take the stuff (followed by a chomp on some Romaine lettuce imo).

Secondly, we had Thanksgiving in Japan on MONDAY \o/

So even with Holidays we're ahead of everyone :D

But Thanksgiving here is actually more of a Labour. In fact, it's usually marked on calendars as "Labor-Thanksgiving Day." I think they just added Thanksgiving on their to be hip like America.

One of the previous

Comment by conrad Fri, 11/27/2009 - 11:14

One of the previous commenters said that in Korea they celebrate in August. LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE NOT SO FAR AHEAD NOW, DOES IT MARK??

No, but really tho, I hope Japan is treating you well. :D

Oh dude, it's MARK! Echoing

Comment by Ananth Fri, 11/27/2009 - 12:28

Oh dude, it's MARK! Echoing the sentiment, I hope Japan has been the ticket!

It's not technically a

Comment by Yevan (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 21:45

It's not technically a drink, but I've always enjoyed eating peanuts and cashews in a shot glass, doing so right now, actually.

Salad dressing! I do that.

Comment by Jenn (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 22:04

Salad dressing! I do that. Italian with the oil poured off to make it healthier and more vinegar-y. I use spoons for honey, not shot glasses.

Ketchup, but no mustard? An

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 11/26/2009 - 23:40

Ketchup, but no mustard? An odd omission to me. Especially when you've got just about every other condiment on the list.

I am happy to say that...

Comment by Haggis (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 00:11

I have never taken a shot of any of those.

I have been known to suck the catsup right out of those stupid little packets you get from fast food joints.

And in one desperate moment a packet of salt.

It was a moment of weakness.

I do shots of sprinkles.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 00:20

I do shots of sprinkles. They don't taste as good as straight sugar but they are more colorful.

gobble gobble!

Comment by Jason (not verified) Fri, 11/27/2009 - 00:46

happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! we don't have that here and i'm mighty envious!