Delilah & The Basilisk

Delilah & The Basilisk

Tue, 12/01/2009 - 21:40 by Ananth in response to delilah and the basilisk 1

This is the beginning of a short called Delilah & The Basilisk! We hope you enjoy it! We were getting the itch to do some more fiction.

Our big crunch time just ended (I think), so hopefully things will get to normal around here! We'll do our best to start doing those midnight posts again ... always feel bad when we fall off the horse.

Alluded to his before - we're doing PaleontoLOLgy shirts! Waiting for our printer to ship them to us - we'll keep you posted on when that is. Here's the thing about PaleontoLOLgy - it's a new version of the ZooLOLgy concept, but with some beloved prehistoric animals instead. In my mind, not much of a change. We didn't want to do another LOLology tee if it was going to be super similar, so we went the extra mile and upped the ante this time around - with glow! If you wear this shirt and step into the dark, the fossil record reveals itself:

In the light:

In the dark:

We're SO excited about this design and we hope you are too! Yuko has drawn the skeletons incredibly accurately, so science lovers should be quite happy. We'll be putting these up for sale AS SOON as we get them in - holiday shipping deadlines will be determined once we get them in.

See you guys Thursday!

Comments

Ah...dammit

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 11:16

Well....I don't remember, exactly. It was in one of those books of short stories they make you read in Highschool. I'll see if I can find it and get back to you.

Well, I've been searching

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 17:39

Well, I've been searching the internet all morning and I can't find any trace of the short story I'm thinking of, but this WAS something like 15-16 years ago, so it's pretty obscure I guess.

I'll try some other angles. If I find it, I'll be sure to send you the info direct.

man if you find it post it

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 17:57

man if you find it post it here too. you've got me curious to see it

shirts

Comment by Jelliphiish (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 08:23

i got one of the zooLOLogy shirts.
going to be needing the new on.
hope you ordered a metric sh*tload 'cos they are going to be hugely popular.
they are properly funny.
and they GlowzinnadarKK! YAYZ!

You're too kind!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 12/02/2009 - 10:54

You're too kind!

VERY YES.

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 08:37

delilah in the first panel is suuuuper cute. very much looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
AND THE SHIRT! man ive never thought any glow in the dark/LED shirt has ever been worth the trouble of buying but im going to be all over this one

...man i was going to read all my webcomics then go back to bed here at 8:30am but now im too excited to. SADFACE

Movie Comic?

Comment by Emico (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 09:40

Dude, it's that short film you started a long, long time ago! Now I finally get to see what happens in the story! Hoorah!

Yeaaaaah! Yuko brought it up

Comment by Ananth Wed, 12/02/2009 - 10:56

Yeaaaaah! Yuko brought it up as a possible short and it was pretty much an instant yes. ;)

Lolz

Comment by Emma S (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 10:08

Oh man. This new shirt design is to DIE for. I love it! Hopefully I can convince my boyfriend to get me one - that would totally rock!

Must get for Xmas

Comment by Tigergulp (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 10:50

I. Want. O_o

Oh my god that is the

Comment by Kit (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 11:33

Oh my god that is the greatest shirt ever. It combines my love of prehistoric critters and glowing things. I am buying one so hard, a black hole will be left in your inventory.

Hahaha, well put!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 12/02/2009 - 16:53

Hahaha, well put!

YES + AWESOME x INFINITY

Comment by Drezz (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 11:48

Everything is awesome today. That shirt is awesome. A poster of that would be awesome as well. The comic is awesome too.

I hope that basilisk whips that fat bastard's ass. Not the dog though. I like dogs.

Shirt!

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 13:02

O. M. G. That is the best use of glow in the darky I've seen on a shirt in a good long while. UH! MAY! ZING!

Chrrrp!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 13:20

Mean boy and his mean dog! =P Poor Delilah. I like the basilisk though =)

And the GLOW IN THE DARK shirt! How awesome is that. I ask you: HOW. AWESOME. IS. THAT.

Answer: Very. =D

that is a DAMN fine shirt

Comment by justa (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 16:16

that is a DAMN fine shirt design! i just started reading this comic today and i am crazy impressed.

OMG!

Comment by FOR GREAT JUSTICE! (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 20:02

You guys need to do mythLOLogy! then you could have lolviathan!

Need. Now.

Comment by adnamae (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 21:47

I'm definitely buying one of these shirts for my sister. It will by far be the best Christmas present anyone will be getting from me!

That little girl is so lucky

Comment by Nate (not verified) Wed, 12/02/2009 - 21:49

She's about to get the best pet ever. Ever.

... Omg. I must buy this.

Comment by Rayna (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 00:50

... Omg. I must buy this. And show this to all of my friends cuz YES.

YOU DID IT AGAIN. I ONLY

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 04:48

YOU DID IT AGAIN. I ONLY KNEW LIKE THREE OF THESE. I GUESS IM STUIPD. CAPSLOCK. >:| rats.

um. you guys? i hate to say

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 07:40

um. you guys? i hate to say it, because the shirt's already gone to the printers, but i think you spelt aLOLsaurus as aLOLsarus. It might be just me, my vision is bad, or maybe it's supposed to be that way? hopefully?
anyway i'm sure it's fine judging by the amount of happy people here who didn't notice!

Ugh, you're right... Guess

Comment by Pim (not verified) Sat, 12/05/2009 - 20:46

Ugh, you're right... Guess that's one to correct for the inevitable future batches? =)

Either way, typo or not, I'm very much tempted... Tempteeeed.

oh come on!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/03/2009 - 11:22

pachycephaLOLsaurus

You gave diLOLphosaurus the

Comment by noodles (not verified) Sun, 12/06/2009 - 04:19

You gave diLOLphosaurus the Jurassic Park neck frills? I am disappointed, but I guess I have just read too much DINOSAUR STUFF to accept how it is popularly portrayed.

I feel bad for saying this because I love the image so much ;-;