Good luck George!

Good luck George!

Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:10 by Ananth in response to the ballad of groc brostar

Hey guys! Usually we try to do stuff that's a little broad in scope so everyone can relate, but this time we wanted to do something a little more personal. This is in line with George's sense of humor, which we thought we'd appeal to since we're giving him the original page as a part of his going-away presents. George is headed to Portland! We hang out with him on a pretty regular basis, so it will be sad times to see him go. George, your company has been a pleasure and you'll be missed! Also your cooking, that will be missed. We'll probably come and crash on your couch for 4 days in a row when we're in Portland!!

Just a reminder, deadline for holiday shipping has passed! We're shipping all orders we get asap, but after today we can't guarantee that things will arrive in time for Christmas.

I hope everyone's week is going well! Tomorrow we're helping George pack up, so it will be a busy day. We'll try to be attentive to comments, though! Take it easy guys and gals. :)

Comments

Maine or Oregon

Comment by The real portland (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:18

So which direction is he headed, west to that copy cat portland or out east to the original portland up here in Maine?

Oregon!

Comment by Aido Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:24

Portland Oregon, fo' sho'.  Way to pick the one that's further away, man. >:(

Portland, Oregon is better so :P

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 05:30

That's good, he choose the better Portland.

Here. here!

Comment by Hitori (not verified) Mon, 12/21/2009 - 11:49

Here. here!

oh man!

Comment by kai (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:27

I live near there! relatively....closer then where you guys are T_T why must you live so far east!? I can never make it to any east coast cons.

So sad...

Comment by Shawn Handyside (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:30

Poor George... I can almost still hear his voice...

Farewell, yo

Comment by MeisterJ (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:31

I hope he has a safe trip. I have enjoyed reading the Stories of George in the comic.

I do love the call backs to Death from the end of the Delilah and the Basilisk mini and here. Blurring the lines of reality, one comic at a time.

HA. Deathnaped. At least his

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:36

HA. Deathnaped. At least his grave plot is fitting :P

HEY, Portland is my neck of the woods. Maybe he'll get to see one of my shows in the future... maybe xD

Death! <3

Comment by Emi (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:43

Aww, this was a cute comic!

I am absolutely loving Death, he's so adorkable in his little suit. I hope we see a lot more of him. <3

More Death!?

Comment by David (not verified) Wed, 12/23/2009 - 17:15

You want characters to DIE?! QQ

Yes, George is one awesome

Comment by darrylayo (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:45

Yes, George is one awesome and hilarious guy. New York is losing out, big time!

oh no!

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:57

D; The guy with the crazy's smile's getting cut from the comic. Nuuuuu!

In anycase, I really liked the mini-devil-george, and the fact that Yuko totally looks like Yotsuba when she's going on that water-gun rampage. (oh, and that headstone, man, what a creepy thing. Imagine running into that a hundred years from now. O_O; It'll be all crumbly BUT STILL SMILINGGGG)

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment by Ian O'Dea (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 01:58

George, you will be forever missed! (Just kidding I will still see you on Twitter)

Portland, Oregon or

Comment by Keelay42 (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 02:22

Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine?

ignore that...

Comment by Keelay42 (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 02:23

Nevermind, just saw the first comment on the thread :p

awwww yeah

Comment by louie (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 02:32

Movin' to the west coast!

Wait, did I say west coast? I meant BEST coast HA HA HA.

This isn't the end!

Comment by George Rohac aka Groc Brostar (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 02:33

This isn't the end!

I'm sure that with conventions and what have you I'll still appear more often in the comic than Conrang appears in the apartment!

Seriously though. It is going to suck not having tons of people to cook for. Looks like I'll have to find fitting arrangements in Portland. Hmm, I wonder if Mer or Diaz are interested in my services.

Awww what will happen to the

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 03:06

Awww what will happen to the Multicultural Squad now??? Awwwww.....

WE WILL SWALLOW GEORGE'S

Comment by Charlie Chu (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 03:13

WE WILL SWALLOW GEORGE'S SOUL

HE'S OURS ALL OURS!!!

The Nerd Who Will Become Many

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 08:43

George is going to become part of Legion,awesome.His nerdiness will probably increase it by 10 fold.

it's no doubt sad that

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 03:38

it's no doubt sad that you're leaving, but p-town is a sweet place to live, take it from a guy who's spent his life there. Well, winter is being kind of shitty at the moment, but it's portland-shitty, which is great compared to other places.

The best Portland

Comment by Anode (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 03:49

He'll never have to deal with more than a few inches of snow. Plus, no sales tax and people pump your gas for you.

portland

Comment by Heiru (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 04:24

Oh I'm from (near) Portland too.
It's swell.

Portland OREGON?

Comment by Kasek (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 04:28

That's... pretty far away. I have no clue what life is like on the west coast but all sources point to a hedonistic lifestyle with no respect to east coast morality.
[/joke]

No shit? I live in Portland,

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 04:43

No shit? I live in Portland, it's an awesome place! Hope you like rain and trees, my friend, we've got plenty of both.

Once you go Portland

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 05:19

Once you go portland, you never go... bortland?

Comment by Aku (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 08:11

Love George's signature grin on the toumbstone.

spelling error - _-;;

Comment by Aku (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 08:13

*tombstone. (hates not having spelling check at the moment)

Remembering George('s Grin)

Comment by A.L. (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 08:45

George,you will never be forgotten,nor will your trademark overbearing grin or your ability to get faced by a flying drumstick and still look hardcore.

More Reason to Visit Portland

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 09:44

I believe George heading out west is a sign. It's one more reason to hit up Stumptown!!!!

I love how his tombstone has

Comment by Viga (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 09:55

I love how his tombstone has his face.

Good luck on your travels,

Comment by Spot (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 10:05

Good luck on your travels, George. portland looks forward tos eeing you. Staya way from Gresham and Hillsboro!

Things that are adorable:

Comment by jman077 (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 10:49

Yuko in a suit.
Death. Always death.

NOO

Comment by Carlos (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 11:50

Ill miss you George....

Ok Ill still follow you on twitter BUT STILLL

Sad

Comment by Jim (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 13:35

This is actually quite upsetting. George and his sinister, unwavering grin was probably my favorite recurring joke in Johnny Wander.

Hee.

Comment by ggelatine (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 14:18

I totally want my headstone to look like that. :)

Is this the first time Mr

Comment by Ralphomon (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 15:46

Is this the first time Mr Rohac has been seen not to be grinning, but gritting his teeth in fury?

As a resident of Portland, I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 16:49

As a resident of Portland, I would like to welcome George to our fair city.

Bye George! Good luck in

Comment by Kristen (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 17:04

Bye George! Good luck in Portland! Altoona will miss you or something.

Hee, Devil!Yuko, I saw what you did there

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 17:31

Poor Death. He's always so apologetic. XD The headstone was pure win, too!

Good luck, George! Now to inflict your grin on the good citizens of Portland (no matter which coast it's on) =)

Oops.

Comment by Razor (not verified) Fri, 12/18/2009 - 17:29

The grin gives it away. But I DID think it was Yuko going "Hee hee hee" =D

And I found out George is going to Oregon. Ah, yesterday I was such a failwhale! =P

itty bitty wings

Comment by staggs (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 18:06

Tiny demon George in the lower right corner is my favourite part. So cute! :) Good luck moving to George, too.

I haven't commented in a while, but I've been keeping up twice a week, and I'm absolutely loving the little story arcs that keep popping up. But a little theme I've noticed running from Fallen to Cecilia to Delilah... I'm no shouter and touter of equal rights, but will we ever receive a short story about a normal dude who runs into the mythical whatsamajigger? It seems a little bit onesided to have all the normal chicks running into the magical dudes (or at least masculine-seeming creatures, in the case of the basilisk.)

oops

Comment by staggs (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 18:08

It's the lower LEFT corner. Stupid me. This is why I can't read maps, either!

I will join the hordes of

Comment by Faye LeRouquin (not verified) Thu, 12/17/2009 - 21:12

I will join the hordes of fans welcoming George to PDX! :-D

you... blinking horseheads?

Comment by hawkthewalk (not verified) Fri, 12/18/2009 - 00:10

you... blinking horseheads?

PDX Visiting

Comment by BaconGrease (not verified) Fri, 12/18/2009 - 01:17

Well, if you guys do come to Portland, can you set aside some time for your fans here to come and say hi? I'm assuming George is moving to the one out here in Oregon. Hell, I'd buy him a coffee and go find some famous stuff to go make sure is real with him.

I've noticed how you both

Comment by AtticusVulpes (not verified) Fri, 12/18/2009 - 08:33

I've noticed how you both have a penchant for sweet, yet odd stories.

You could always do an arc on how you two met.

I get the feeling that it is an interesting story.

Fare thee well comrade.

Comment by Vlaskiyov (not verified) Fri, 12/18/2009 - 12:12

Fare thee well comrade.

Awwww

Comment by VeroJade (not verified) Fri, 12/18/2009 - 17:44

He never even made it onto the "Cast" page. Maybe he moved because he was so bitter about not having a blurb that he couldn't take it any more. :(

There's something about George