Ink tests!

Ink tests!

Thu, 12/31/2009 - 13:42 by Ananth in response to inept baby mouse II

Hey guys! Today is kind of a busy day, so I'm making this pretty quick: here are the ink test examples you requested! Each figure is one ink test, so here are a bunch:

Some of them seem a little messy because of residual pencils - the ink tests in the store would all be clean like the majority above. There's Lockheed in the bottom right! Violin fox is probably my favorite.

We're also thinking about adding some originals to the store. These are spectacular in person, and we'd mail them to you pre-framed. Here's a look at two examples (keep in mind, they're also on artist trading cards i.e. 2.5" x 3.5"):

The scans actually came out pretty well, but the colors are even more vibrant in person. Both of these were done in watercolor and acrylic washes. The characters on the right are from a book that we planned for a solid two years - it's currently shelved while we finish the book we're working on, but it'll likely see the light of day sooner rather than later.

We'll give the ink test sales a shot in the next week or two!

Have a happy new year, by the way! We'll see you next year. ;)

Comments

The cats are domesticated

Comment by Ananth Sat, 01/02/2010 - 22:35

The cats are domesticated and well-fed. The mouse is cute, but ultimately a wild animal. Returning it to nature isn't a mistake.

Oh, I thought you said it

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 01/03/2010 - 08:22

Oh, I thought you said it was a baby mouse? Sorry.

Cute baby mouse = still a

Comment by Joe (not verified) Sun, 01/03/2010 - 10:14

Cute baby mouse = still a wild animal

It is! But still.  Sorry if

Comment by Ananth Mon, 01/04/2010 - 18:19

It is! But still.

Sorry if I came off as clipped! Totally meant to be friendly. :) We had a lot of people visit so unfortunately I had to reply to comments quickly!

Original Paintings

Comment by William Day (not verified) Sat, 01/02/2010 - 09:46

Those are lovely. Is it just me, or does the woman in the bathing costume look like Amy from Scary Go Round?

Lolz @ Gonta

Comment by Dr3w (not verified) Sat, 01/02/2010 - 13:24

I love his eyes!!! Also, Ananth, Nice mediation. I agree, definately something out of nothing. Mr. Anonymous was a real jerk there. (the one a couple of posts above this one is kinda jerky, too)

mousez

Comment by Iageira (not verified) Sat, 01/02/2010 - 20:58

hey all, happy 2010 to everyone!

if you have any mouse encounters in the future, I'll humbly volunteer any info that might be useful - I take care of the little dudes in the lab I work at, & I've gotten wayyy too familiar with their ways ... lab mice are pretty different than the wild ones, but I do love happy endings

good luck mr. mouse!

D:

Comment by Spizzy (not verified) Sun, 01/03/2010 - 00:13

D: must. have. giraffe in a turtle neck. PLZ?

EXPLOSION

Comment by Sophia (not verified) Sun, 01/03/2010 - 00:59

I almost exploded from the awesomeness of the ink tests and the Loch Ness monster. >__< Cuute comic today, too!

Tiny Mouse Adventures

Comment by Josh (not verified) Mon, 01/04/2010 - 05:16

One day you'll go to NYC again and Yuko will be kidnapped by the big scary NYC rats. and Nogs McHeady (as someone called him earlier) will appear and squeak out "NO! This human has shown us kindness. The debt must be repaid." So they kidnap Conrad instead.

(by then the mouse has an eye patch. Crazy cats.)

Oh, those ink tests!

Comment by Rachel (not verified) Mon, 01/04/2010 - 14:12

I have the urge to buy all of them.

Quite lovely. Since they're

Comment by AtticusVulpes (not verified) Mon, 01/04/2010 - 14:50

Quite lovely.

Since they're one of a kind pieces, why not sign and date them? Possibly number them in a series in relation to their production date.

Great idea, thank you! :D

Comment by Ananth Mon, 01/04/2010 - 18:22

Great idea, thank you! :D

A bit of a post script

Comment by AtticusVulpes (not verified) Mon, 01/04/2010 - 14:54

A bit of a post script here:

might be a dickish move, but consider auctioning them instead of regular sales. Could also do this with original line art/inks of the comic frames as well.

We talked about auctioning

Comment by Ananth Mon, 01/04/2010 - 18:24

We talked about auctioning them off, actually - I think we might do it with the color pieces! Sorting it all out.

*sip*

Comment by Razor (not verified) Mon, 01/04/2010 - 16:51

Tea Giraffe is win. And Sleeping Nessie and kitty! *huggles*

I dunno if Gonta would want the mouse. I think he'd just fret about it while the mouse sat there going "...?" Mika, however, heheheh....

aww crap I did this when I was a kid to a turtle

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 01/04/2010 - 18:25

That mouse, you freed it in the open right? It'll probably, you know, die out there.

:<

THE CIIIIIRCLE OF

Comment by Fiesta (not verified) Tue, 01/05/2010 - 09:49

THE CIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIFE
AND IT MOOOOVES US ALLLL

...I really had to get that out.

I'm so game for these to be

Comment by WHassinger (not verified) Tue, 01/05/2010 - 01:24

I'm so game for these to be sold.

Oh, and fun comic!

I like the cerberus because

Comment by Jarryd (not verified) Tue, 01/05/2010 - 09:51

I like the cerberus because in addition to have three heads as is the usual, it also has two butts.

Ha ha! This happened to me

Comment by Ashwara (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 14:44

Ha ha! This happened to me recently, over Christmas.

I could a mouse but I didn't know what to do with it. I didn't want to put it outside because I thought it might die in the snow!

In the end though it escaped when I was trying to make airholes in my make-shift paper lid for it.

Happy ending??

Duuurrrr I meant "caught"

Comment by Ashwara (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 14:45

Duuurrrr I meant "caught"

So, over the last few days

Comment by Javier (not verified) Mon, 02/01/2010 - 21:42

So, over the last few days I've been catching up on Johnny Wander in reverse order after being away from regular internet fora while, and I just got to this one. Yuko, I am filled with a desire to give you a hug. (Not that I actually would if I saw you, because then you'd be getting hugged by a stranger, and that would be pretty creepy)

Curious

Comment by Rootbear (not verified) Mon, 02/08/2010 - 20:14

The girl in the swimsuit looks a lot like Amy Chilton from Scary Go Round to me. Does anyone else it?

Want!