New Years Shenanigans

New Years Shenanigans

Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:46 by Ananth in response to on top of spaghetti all covered in cheese

We had a lot of people over for a New Years and a few days after. Conrad was a cooking champ - he made breakfast and dinner for the whole crew of ~15 or so that we were hosting. One of the nights was spaghetti night, and, well ... these things happen, I suppose.

Two inked pieces are up! :D [EDIT: UH WHOA THEY'RE SOLD OUT] Yuko even added a color wash, you can check them out below:

Mega cute. They're in the store now! These are one-of-a-kind, so quantities are very limited, grab 'em while you can!

I'd previously mentioned some full-color watercolor pieces - I'll be putting one up next Tuesday on eBay! Here's a look at it:

Pretty cute!

See you next week!

Comments

One can't help but wonder...

Comment by Yuki-chan (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:52

did Conrad step in the meatball?

Y-yeah, a little. ):

Comment by Ananth Fri, 01/08/2010 - 16:42

Y-yeah, a little. ):

The Spaghetti Incident

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:53

At least he saw it BEFORE he put it on. *squish* Bleahhh!!

New Years

Comment by Brendan (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:55

Ah, that New Years was great. But from what I hear, Conrad DID squish the meatball a little with his foot before he discovered it. That may just have been him being melodramatic, though....

Bad Movie Title...

Comment by C.D. Reimer (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:57

Cloudy With A Chance of Smelly Meatballs :P

aww, yes!

Comment by britishmyvoice (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:57

I laughed so hard at your hash tags when you tweeted about this!

Coincidenceithinknot! mystery! intrigue!

I'm so glad this made it to JW!

Hahaha, there was that

Comment by Ananth Fri, 01/08/2010 - 16:43

Hahaha, there was that split-second when it happened where I was trying to figure out who would do such a thing to Conrad.

Wowza, already sold out!

Comment by Mitch (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 20:57

Wowza, already sold out! Gratz on that! Hilarious comic too. Meatball in shoe, yall have the most random things happen

Vengence

Comment by DOOD! (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 21:56

I believe karma has befallen Conrad's shoe. For all that spaghetti he dumped down the bathroom sink, its comrade the meatball struck back.

...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 22:21

I'd like to say that's the strangest thing that ever ended up in my shoe after a party, but...

the first pic

Comment by EonDigital (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 22:24

Do the sphinxes remind anyone else of the oracles from neverending story? Just a random thought that popped into my head that I can't get rid of now. :D

Ooh

Comment by Matt B. (not verified) Thu, 01/07/2010 - 22:45

I probably won't win, but I'm gonna put a bid on that watercolor. I simply love it.

This is a very hard song to parody.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 00:55

On top of the in-sole, and stinky foot-cheese
Conrad found his meatball, said "I can has new one plz?"

It rolled off of its platter, and into the shoe
Right up to the toe part, where no fork could pursue.

Upvote plz

Comment by Brian (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 19:20

This deserves props.

well...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 01:04

he did leave spagetti in the sink...everything comes around...

Hah! Hadn't thought of that.

Comment by Ananth Fri, 01/08/2010 - 12:14

Hah! Hadn't thought of that. XD

It's a culinary arms

Comment by Joe (not verified) Sat, 01/09/2010 - 18:55

It's a culinary arms race.
Next we'll see baguette sword fights and literal pea-shooters.

Nooooooooo!

Comment by Ted (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 01:22

The manticore and sphinx are so very, very cute... and gone. :(
Which, oddly enough, reminds me of that creepy fantasy taxidermy site: http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/fantasy/fantasy.html
Toodles.

Yeah...

Comment by Steve (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 01:51

One hangover line under Conrad's eye is not enough.

For a second we all thought

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 02:27

For a second we all thought it was a bouncy ball, including Conrad. But then he dropped it and it made a gross squish-thud and was found to be meat.

It was hard to tell because

Comment by Ananth Fri, 01/08/2010 - 12:17

It was hard to tell because we were all sleepy, but for a moment everyone had the same incredulous look on their face, which became the "ew" look when we heard it land. The worst!

You guys live in the

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 10:54

You guys live in the strangest/most fun house ever.

Hahaha, sometimes it is

Comment by Ananth Fri, 01/08/2010 - 12:17

Hahaha, sometimes it is pretty entertaining.

My teeth are gonna rot from

Comment by Doval (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 11:26

My teeth are gonna rot from all this sweetness if Yuko keeps this up.

That said do NOT stop. This is awesome.

ARARGH.

Comment by Gleevee (not verified) Fri, 01/08/2010 - 16:49

----------I-N-K-S-----------

YUKO YOUR ARTISTRY PUTS ME TO SHAAAAME. D:

Anyhow - great Scott, those inks are adorable and cute and well done and eeeeeeeee. Your work is leagues beyond "fantastic". I could finish this entire page off with comments on it - and I can hardly find anything to criticize upon. In fact - nothing needs criticism at all...

Giga-super-megazord awesome work!

---------C-O-M-I-C----------

Whoops. I can't imagine how she felt - but things like that happen. Conrad's reaction is priceless!

Oh, Conrad. You so crazy

Comment by Johnny Five (not verified) Sun, 01/10/2010 - 00:08

Just wanted to say, this is officially one of my all time favorite webcomics.
Also, I had NO idea that Yuko was Aido that did Fallen. Fallen and Applegeeks were two of the first webcomics I started regularly reading, years and years ago, so the fact that this series exists gives me glee.
Keep doing awesome things, the community is lucky to have you guys. :]

Aww, Yuko makes everyone

Comment by Jarryd (not verified) Sun, 01/10/2010 - 17:11

Aww, Yuko makes everyone look so cute.

I wish I could have had one...

Comment by Allison (not verified) Mon, 01/11/2010 - 09:21

You guys should save up a dozen or so of those testers and then pick a day where you throw one up in the store every hour or so. That way, those of us who miss the post the instant it goes up have a chance to come by and maybe buy something.

I want something special and unique... T___T I love Yuko's art so very very much!

You know what, I've been

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 11:11

You know what, I've been trying to remember why Yuko's name and art seemed so familiar, and I suddenly realized.

I used to read her really really old comic Fallen.

*Insert stunned silence here.*

I lol'd

Comment by ladykatza (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 03:41

Thanks to Devil's Panties I have found your comic. YOU MADE ME LOSE SLEEP YOU BASTARDS!!!! (Srsly though, awesome)

Comment by Filecraft site (not verified) Tue, 12/07/2010 - 08:43

Thank you very much for your blog. Reading about Conrad brings a lot of pleasure. "Conrad was a cooking champ"- :-)... Thanks one more time. Look forward to coming back for more.

Nice

Comment by Jcpenney coupons printable (not verified) Mon, 11/14/2011 - 04:16

Ooo Yes !
I'd like to say that's the strangest thing that ever ended up in my shoe after a party, but !

Funny story...

Comment by Sam (not verified) Sat, 04/21/2012 - 20:53

...I sneezed right as I was reading the first panel.

Funnny :)))

Comment by best whitening tooth paste (not verified) Sat, 03/23/2013 - 06:02

It's the most fun house ever hahahaha