Gag Comix

Gag Comix

Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:17 by Ananth in response to very important questions 1

We decided to do some gag comics, which made me a little nervous because they seem a little self-indulgent - but hey, if they get a laugh out of you then that's a-okay. Actually, Yuko and I each thought that the gag about the other person was funnier, which makes us evenly self-conscious.

I thought of an alternate ending, which Yuko was a little too quick about putting together ...

Uh, I'll just leave that there.

New originals up in the store! You can click through below:

So cute. Oh, the full-color original(s) will be going up with a separate post later today, whenever I can get a moment alone with eBay.

Actually, we are mega busy today! I've been writing a new short since this morning, I think you guys will like it. ;) See you Thursday!

Comments

Well there you have it,

Comment by Harrison (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:19

Well there you have it, ladies and gents, the future offspring of Yuko and Ananth.

Hahahaha, I don't know why

Comment by Ananth Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:28

Hahahaha, I don't know why that hadn't occurred to me ...

your lovechild will be

Comment by louie (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:20

your lovechild will be beautiful

b-but it's a girl ):

Comment by Ananth Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:24

b-but it's a girl ):

SHOUJO EYES

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:24

Ahahahaha, I love it. + Sparkles!!

Also: Eeee cute wee frog on the owl's umbrella! Eee!

and I wonder what a flea collar for a basilisk would cost?

Myth Busted

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:28

So... Ananth is half-Death?

Half-life?

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:12

But he can only kill / skeletonize people by head-butting them, not kissing.

Hate to be his barber.

Great minds think alike?

Comment by Joe (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 20:51

I thought the same thing. Ananth is descended from Death.

AND I FIGURED OUT WHY PEOPLE MISTAKE YUKO FOR A BOY.
It's the GLASSES that do it, not her supposedly-boyish (Read: Not Really Boyish) physique.

Oh the joys of Tuesdays.

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:36

XD I love the MANGA SHPARKALS behind Ananth's googly picture. Veryverycool

too cute...

Comment by Bettina Marie (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:39

you guys are just too cute! XD

Awesome

Comment by King_Bahamut (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:51

I wasn't sure what you were going to do for this one, I thought it would either be something scary underneath the hat or glasses to cover up both your eyes or perhaps somebody getting in the way but I did not expect the big sparkly eyes for Yuko and was certainly not expecting the dark cloud in front of Ananth's after that, you certainly kept me on my toes.(^^) Also thought I would mention I got one of those pull up bars for my door frame as well.

Those bars are great! If you

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:22

Those bars are great! If you vary your pull-ups you'll also work out your abs.

Awwww

Comment by Geoff (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:57

Yuko is sooooo cute behind those glasses. Ananth...um...just wow. I bet you can see for miles and miles and miles with those eyes. :>P Sorry, The Who was on while I wrote that, so it just seemed to fit.

Yuko, I love those drawings you're putting up for sale. I just wish I had the money to buy them. :'(

This is what happens when

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:00

This is what happens when they do the fusion dance wrong. They should have just used the earrings. (LOLDBZHUMOR)

Hah! DBZ is like the gift

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:23

Hah! DBZ is like the gift that keeps on giving ... ever read Buttlord GT

Ugh... the irony... its too

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 17:14

Ugh... the irony... its too much xD

But I like the gag comics!

Comment by AbominableDante (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:01

But I like the gag comics! They're always hilarious.

Also, Ananth with the huge chibi eyes, excellent, excellent. Hahaha!

Whoo!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:24

Whoo!

what is this i don't even

Comment by SorenDiz (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:19

this is win on so many levels. xD
yuko is cute without glasses.
ananth is... obviously from deep south india >.o
anko is a nice mix of the two.
xD

Anko... Anko...

Comment by Grashbar (not verified) Sat, 10/30/2010 - 15:41

Anko as in Japanese Anglerfish or Red Bean Paste?

That's rather cute, the

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:21

That's rather cute, the drawing in instance one and the gag in instance two. :-)

Good job on both.

Those eyeballs...

Comment by Nyarlathotep (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:30

Those eyeballs...

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:32

two thumbs up =)

That will last

Comment by Jens (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:32

I will not get those out of my head again.

Wow

Comment by Blue (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 18:39

I just have to say that this strip plus additional content literally had me laughing out loud, and not too much causes me to do that. Good show.

I knew it!!

ಠ_ಠ

Comment by Nodge (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 10:21

ಠ_ಠ

'_'

Comment by Grashbar (not verified) Sat, 10/30/2010 - 15:42

(9'_')9

Yuko with the big anime eyes

Comment by Gilder (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 19:24

Yuko with the big anime eyes is SO ADORABLE.

And the blacked out hair and eyes on Ananth is pretty badcore, you could be the third Question if they decide to kill off the current one.

Blargh. Bummed I missed out

Comment by Lauren (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 19:35

Blargh. Bummed I missed out on the cockatrice painting. Have you though about doing prints for some of those original paintings like you did with the fox and the raven/lady with kitties? I'd buy a bunch to put in my classroom (especially mythical animals, as I am an English teacher of pure awesomeness).

Would that all girls had

Comment by Reynard (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 19:41

Would that all girls had eyes as pretty as Yuko's...

I still want to believe

Comment by moonsheen (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 19:45

I still want to believe Ananth is secretly an Assassin.

Do you have any idea how

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:25

Do you have any idea how many knives I can hide under my hat??

...

Comment by Steve (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 13:53

One. That's all you ever need.

Yuko is the new face of

Comment by Nate (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 20:17

Yuko is the new face of ultra-cute, and Ananth appears to possibly be the new face of terror, depending on which picture you hold to be true.

It's good to know you have

Comment by Featherlox (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 20:30

It's good to know you have hair under that hat. Very informative.

OH GOD

Comment by Lotus (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 21:05

ANANTH. O_O PUT THE HAT BACK ON PUT THE HAT BACK ON.

Lol @ the gag pic. Very funny.

Yuko behind the glasses reminds me of the scene from Ouran Highschool Host Club when Haruhi takes off her glasses and turns out to have huge anime eyes (like an anime heroine would have anything else but everyone thought she was a dude.)

Ditto. Call me a fangirl,

Comment by nelehchan (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 21:35

Ditto. Call me a fangirl, but the minute I saw this I thought, "Yuko is Haruhi!"

EXACTLY the same thought. oh

Comment by B (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 00:23

EXACTLY the same thought. oh wow.

A couple of people have

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:25

A couple of people have mentioned this - I suppose I'll have to investigate! Not familiar with this particular manga.

Oh it's fantastic.

Comment by yuki-chan (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 19:28

it's beast. 75% hilarious, 20% wtf and 5% gushy

hahahahaha this made me

Comment by supersamurai (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 21:21

hahahahaha this made me laugh pretty hard

though its a shame i actually got to see ananth's eyes when i met him at otakon 09. the illusion has been broken D:

...lol death-ananth should totally be the next halloween costume

It was a body double I

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:26

It was a body double

I haven't been out in public since 2000

Doesn't really help. . .

Comment by Boss (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 21:50

This doesn't really help with argument that Yuko is indeed an adult.

Ananth's hat

Comment by Radiomaru (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 21:51

I was expecting, after Ananth takes his hat off, another hat to be a physical part of his head. I didn't think he even had hair on his scalp.