Gag Comix

Gag Comix

Tue, 01/12/2010 - 17:17 by Ananth in response to very important questions 1

We decided to do some gag comics, which made me a little nervous because they seem a little self-indulgent - but hey, if they get a laugh out of you then that's a-okay. Actually, Yuko and I each thought that the gag about the other person was funnier, which makes us evenly self-conscious.

I thought of an alternate ending, which Yuko was a little too quick about putting together ...

Uh, I'll just leave that there.

New originals up in the store! You can click through below:

So cute. Oh, the full-color original(s) will be going up with a separate post later today, whenever I can get a moment alone with eBay.

Actually, we are mega busy today! I've been writing a new short since this morning, I think you guys will like it. ;) See you Thursday!

Comments

Hah! Time for a retcon.

Comment by Ananth Tue, 01/12/2010 - 22:14

Hah! Time for a retcon.

zounds!

Comment by ladyrae (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 03:11

BENEATH THIS HAT, THERE ARE ONLY MORE HATS.

[my theory is that Ananth is secretly a hatless crime fighter of JUSTICE!(tm), and to show his face sans hat would reveal his Secret Identity to the world! DUNDUNDUN and all that jazz.]

Justice Friends, ASSEM-BLLLE!!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 01/14/2010 - 16:37

"When I say 'secret identity', I mean SECRET!" --Major Glory

...or that he starts

Comment by Yubi Shines (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 22:59

...or that he starts screaming and bleeding a lot, because the hat is indeed a symbiotic organism.

pajama hat?

Comment by Mentaluproar (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 22:16

Ananth, do you wear your hat to bed too?

And the shower!

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:26

And the shower!

Oh wow... I know that if I

Comment by JrdBnta (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 22:19

Oh wow...

I know that if I open up a dictionary and look up moe that this picture will be there, and that it will be the only thing there.

yuko kinda reminds me of

Comment by Mr. C (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 22:44

yuko kinda reminds me of harry potter... with the scarf and the hair... then again i think that's just me.

Don't worry! I lol'd good

Comment by Mike (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 22:52

Don't worry!

I lol'd good and plenty!

*pssst* Put owl-bear on a

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 01/12/2010 - 23:41

*pssst* Put owl-bear on a t-shirt! It would be adorable. :x

The eyes, they stare into my soul!

Comment by Matt (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 00:18

It's like the episode of Dexter's Lab with the girl with the huge eyes. I'm sorry, that was nerdy...

I don't remember the

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:27

I don't remember the particular episode, but I dig Dexter's Lab. ;)

Aye, aye, aye, your eyes hypnotize...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 18:19

Ah, there we go. After three years of successfully getting that stupid song from that episode out of my head, it now comes flooding back.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

If Ananth is Death...

Comment by Plantovski (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 02:48

Does Yuko get a bitchin' hand?

It is now apparent

Comment by Fuzenmaru (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 03:37

It is now apparent why Yuko wears those glasses. If someone were to look directly into her eyes they would likely explode into confetti. Then kittens would rain from the sky. Then they'd explode into more confetti, summoning more kittens and setting into motion the end of the world.

It's what happens when

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:28

It's what happens when you're bitten by radioactive shoujo bubbles

kawaiiiiiiii!

Comment by Jan Pospisil (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 04:43

What, no tentacles?! :(

Seriously though, that's very cute and it just made my morning better. ;)

Hooray! I try to keep the

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:29

Hooray! I try to keep the tentacles a surprise.

Whoa!

Comment by hottokoohi (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 05:56

Didn't expect that! So funny (and dazzling, to say the least!)...

I really like gag comics like this, and I think you guys are awesome! If you make more like this, I'll become a very happy geek ;)

I think we might have

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:29

I think we might have another set for Thursday!

If only my hat did that.

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 09:01

Man, I wish when I took my hat off my face remained in a shroud of mystery. Conversely, when I take my glasses off, I don't want Yuko eyes. Only Yuko can pull off Yuko eyes me thinks. Shame the basilisk sold out so fast, I really wanted to get one for my friend (she thought the basilisk was "Excruciatingly, painfully, tortuously... adorably cute".)

There is a black hole under

Comment by Alain (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 10:05

There is a black hole under the hat it just eats light but is oddly mesmerizing. The eyes make it look like something came out of the hole and starts staring into your soul. dat was awesome :D

Yuko Eyes

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 10:07

I knew it, Yuko hides the Unico eyes!

Hahaha, Unico is a reference

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 12:32

Hahaha, Unico is a reference I get. It's trueeee

I thought it was still

Comment by Marticus (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 10:32

I thought it was still pretty great, although I somewhat suspected the "void-head" thing for Ananth.

The Big Reveal

Comment by William Day (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 13:05

I knew it!

Ananth's Eyes

Comment by Boomer Gonzales (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 13:14

Wow, is Ananth really that tired?

^_^"

fffftttttttttttt~

Comment by Ran (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 14:14

fffftttttttttttt~ Hehehehehe. Nice one. Shoujo!Yuko especially cracked me up. Way too cute, you two.

Definitely love the gag

Comment by Novarri (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 14:28

Definitely love the gag comix. I'd never really stopped to think that Yuko's glasses hid anything.... Oh, and I hope you play professional poker, because a hat concealing pure darkness is the best poker face.

I am pretty decent at

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 16:53

I am pretty decent at certain card games, but only because I got put through the wringer playing with my cousins. They are all pretty good.

Hat

Comment by Egoraptor (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 15:16

Hey Ananth, are there more hats exactly like yours in existence? Where could I get one? I'd like to fight crime with a sweet hat.

I get mine at LIDS! There's

Comment by Ananth Wed, 01/13/2010 - 16:56

I get mine at LIDS! There's one in ever mall on the East Coast of the U.S., seems like.

Maryland? Eastern Shore?

Comment by Egoraptor (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 22:47

Are there any in Maryland? Preferably the Eastern Shore...Or even Delaware.

Hah! I hail from MD, they're

Comment by Ananth Thu, 01/14/2010 - 14:44

Hah! I hail from MD, they're all over. Just go to the website and do a location search - it's likely in a mall near you.

Still Hat

Comment by Egoraptor (not verified) Thu, 01/14/2010 - 14:56

Do you own the "Full Count Black" hat or something different?

P.S. It's cool we're both from Maryland, amirite?

That's pretty hilarious.

Comment by lennan (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 18:33

That's pretty hilarious. Although the alternative is kind of scary.... (sorry Ananth).

Awesome, and take note:

Comment by zombieplasticclock (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 18:42

The Ananth bit cracked me up! And I'm surprised to not see a "OMG KAWAII DESU" comment for Glasses-less Yuko :P

You guys need to update the bottom of this page. It's the Twelfth of January, 2010, and yet it still says "Copyright 2009"

THE RETURN OF ANHATH!

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 19:11

Noooooo! Ananth can't remove his hat! The evil hat monster will be let loose and consume us all and the black hole underneath will destroy the universe!

Seriously though, I would've love to have seen this sort of gag strip on AG. XD

On another note, at least people spell Ananth's name right on the JW comments compared to the horrible variations people from AG wrought...

Creepy thought...

Comment by Reason (not verified) Wed, 01/13/2010 - 20:34

It occurred to me that if Yuko drew the death of Conrad, Ananth, or John I would totally believe it. Without question.

Honestly.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 01/14/2010 - 11:12

That alternate ending is, as is the aim of such eyes. Cute, in a disturbing and vomit inducing kind of way.

Heh nice eye's but Yuko

Comment by Cov (not verified) Thu, 01/14/2010 - 12:08

Heh nice eye's but Yuko looks cuter than you ananth. ;D

Whoa, shoujo bubbles

Comment by noodles (not verified) Thu, 01/14/2010 - 20:16

Whoa, shoujo bubbles

Truth be told, I expected

Comment by Matthew (not verified) Thu, 01/14/2010 - 22:23

Truth be told, I expected there to be another hat under ananths hat. The eyes though...it was like...ohgodwhy they are looking into my SOUL!

I envy you and your infinite hat of always wear-ednessosity. I have never been able to be comfortable in a hat.

---

Comment by Bee (not verified) Sun, 01/17/2010 - 19:15

This drawing of Yuko just about killed me. And my dog is mad at me because I squealed and woke her up when I saw it.

I like the alternate ending

Comment by team.bates (not verified) Thu, 01/21/2010 - 03:55

...but that's because I fucking love callbacks. A good callback when you aren't expecting it is SO good.

Owl-bear

Comment by ben (not verified) Tue, 03/23/2010 - 14:10

Shirt!

I'm going to run out of money purchasing all the shirts I'm suggesting if you make them, but it'll be worth it!

LMAO, so full of win.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 10/03/2010 - 00:38

LMAO, so full of win.

It's a good look for you....

Comment by Eliza A. (not verified) Sat, 02/19/2011 - 02:29