DINOSAURS

DINOSAURS

Thu, 01/28/2010 - 14:51 by Ananth in response to the triumphant return of wolf

Yuko's spider plant came back to her ... IN PIECES. Luckily she was able to repot all of them, but now we live in a greenhouse! It's kind of nice, Brooklyn is not terribly green around these parts.

Oh man oh man! NPR has an article up called, "THE FIRST HINTS OF A DINOSAUR'S TRUE COLORS", and it's about scientists finding evidence indicating the original coloration of dinosaurs. That's so exciting! The dinosaur in question apparently "had rings of orange-brown bristly feathers around its tail."

Actually, Yuko got so excited that the new original art piece is of the dino in question. Take a look:

Ahhhh so cool! Oh, and the eBay auction is up - all proceeds from this particular auction go to the Red Cross for Haiti.

I think we'll be starting a new bit of fiction starting next week - crossing my fingers! You all have a great weekend!

Comments

Does that mean you have a pack of wolves?

Comment by Harrison (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 15:05

They're slowly taking over. They will soon overrun the entire apartment. That was their plan all along.

Dinosaur! I actually like

Comment by Adult Entertainment Chicago (not verified) Sat, 03/03/2012 - 09:38

Dinosaur! I actually like anything you wanted to express. Keep going books unquestionably get a different express to that matter. There are information and facts Photograph hunting for long periods.

Plants

Comment by Katherine (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 15:11

Yeah, my family has a nasty habit of bringing home a plant, like an aloe, or a spider plant, and ending up with 100 of that variety. We've placed most of them in homes but I wish there was a way to neuter the things!

You could just shred the

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/02/2010 - 07:51

You could just shred the shoots...

Spider Plants

Comment by Bobryuu (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 15:31

I don't like the buggers: they grow too easily. That's why I let my cats eat them.

Bright Side

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 16:00

Well, at least it looks like you're putting some of that flat-packed Ikea furniture to good use!

Brooklyn?

Comment by Ellie (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 16:13

You live in Brooklyn now? I thought you lived in Washington, D.C.?

Spider Plant

Comment by Kaede (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 16:20

In Spanish we call spider plants "mala madre", which literally translates into "bad mother" because it's like she's shoving her babies out of the pot. :-)

That's hilarious

Comment by Ellie (not verified) Sun, 01/31/2010 - 15:49

I love it! Are the little hangers-on called "bebes persistentes"?

If you don't want them,

Comment by heather (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 16:40

If you don't want them, you've got 15 birthday presents!

Spiderplants

Comment by Amberleigh (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 17:07

I wish I could take one of those plants of your hands. I accidentally killed my mother's spider plant years ago and I don't think she's entirely forgiven me. *sigh* Can't find a replacement in our area for the life of me!

I would take one!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 17:07

I so would.

Aw

Comment by Kriztov (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 17:19

I've been wanting to get a spider plant for a while now. How do 15 just get dropped in your laps? That's no fair.

OMG stripey tail! That's

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 17:47

OMG stripey tail! That's such a cute illustration, but I must admit that the story is EVEN COOLER. :D

Father Guy

Comment by Cheri (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 18:18

So I'm assuming the person handing the baby spider plants to Yuko is her dad?
Hahah, I love how he always speaks off "camera."

I will hear nothing of this

Comment by Robert V Aldrich (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 18:32

I will hear nothing of this heresy! Dinosaurs had orange rings? Bah! Bah, I say. It's sacrilege. Everybody knows dinosaurs were metal-gray with yellow and red highlights.

I prefer the kind that come

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 22:49

I prefer the kind that come in bright primary colors and connect to each other at the butt.

Wolf is back

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 18:55

And now he's no longer alone :D

Let's hope there won't be aphids this coming spring

I really wanted that giant squid.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 22:50

One of these days I'm gonna get here before the original art sells out.

Spider-plant, Spider-plant, does whatever a spider can...

Comment by Sophie (not verified) Thu, 01/28/2010 - 23:20

Spider plants are hilarious. They're like the vermin of the plant world that have been mistakenly identified as cute and domesticated, like rats.

Also, sweet-ass dino.

-s

clooooneee themmmmm

Comment by hillary (not verified) Fri, 01/29/2010 - 02:38

Dude I totally would adopt one of your spider plants! I want my house to be a jungle too. But i bet they are cheap anyway, those things.

the look of fear at the extra plant arms is beautiful

I can't help it. I get this

Comment by Naghan (not verified) Fri, 01/29/2010 - 06:47

I can't help it.
I get this "that happens when you have unprotected sex"-vibe from this comic. Yuko's face in the last panel adds to it.
For someone with my taste of humor, this is hilarious.

oh wow. HAHA.

Comment by Friedemann (not verified) Sat, 01/30/2010 - 17:35

oh wow. HAHA.

Man oh man. My mom has had a

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Fri, 01/29/2010 - 09:39

Man oh man.

My mom has had a spider plant since we lived in an apartment at least seven years ago. I think the original one died, or so I hope.

But spider plants reproduce in insane numbers. The one my mom was keeping alive for some reason, had at least 15-20 offshoots and she would try to grow them in their own pots.

At some point I think I intentionally killed off the original so she only had a few babies left, but it was only a matter of time before THOSE gave birth...

NPR and Dinos

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 01/29/2010 - 10:19

The coloration of Dinosaur scales and feathers eh? Fascinating. How did they figure out the color I wonder? Also it's always good to hear there are others out there who listen to NPR. I was raised on NPR, tuned in to Prairie Home Companion every Sunday. (I have listened to much of This American Life, but I feel like I should give it more of a chance.) I also listen to WXPN and World Cafe out here in Philly.

Plaaaants

Comment by Sidka (not verified) Fri, 01/29/2010 - 13:50

Too bad you're not in the Vegas area. I would take a couple of those plants off your hands. =3 I just recently moved and Stacy claimed custody of all our plants.

Spiderplant

Comment by lennan (not verified) Fri, 01/29/2010 - 13:57

So, spiderplant came back with a vengeance?

Holy cow, thanks for posting that article, I sort of glimpsed it on the news last night, but the real estate agent was at our house so I couldn't see it. D= and now I do! Holy crap that's freaking awesome. Er, excuse me while I nerd in the corner over dinosaurs.

The Spawn of Wolf!

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Sat, 01/30/2010 - 00:56

My mom's got a bunch of plumerias that remind me of Wolf - every time a branch snaps, she just sticks it in a pot of soil and suddenly we've got another 5 foot tall plant. They're really pretty, but a pain in the butt, since they've got to be moved inside during the fall and back out during the spring. Wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have, yknow, about 6 of them now.

Also, EPIC DINOSAUR COLORS YESSSSSSS

oh god orange and white

Comment by joey (not verified) Sat, 01/30/2010 - 05:13

oh god orange and white dinos!!!! i bet they tasted like peaches and cream.... if you licked them.

Could it be...

Comment by Mev (not verified) Sat, 01/30/2010 - 18:49

Sinosauropteryx is the dinosuars name, yes?

Or is it... SinosauROFLteryx

sorry, couldn't resist
palaeontolology is epic.

Dinosaurs~!

Comment by Pupsqueak (not verified) Mon, 02/01/2010 - 01:45

I love dinosaurs. Fortunately, for me and other dorks at my college, there is an online dinosaur class offered every other year. It's tons of fun and one of the videos we just watched for an assignment was about a dinosaur "mummy" dubbed Dakota.

Somehow or another, Dakota's skeleton, skin, and possibly a lot of his internal organs fossilized. If you get a chance to look it up, I think PBS did the special on it, but I don't know for sure. It was really really cool.

Yeah

Comment by Maileigh (not verified) Mon, 02/01/2010 - 15:03

I have the same issue with my Coleus. They just keep growing and growing, I have at least 5 planters with parts from the same original plant I got years ago.

Crazy stuff lol.

Brooklyn?

Comment by Kat (not verified) Mon, 02/01/2010 - 17:21

Are you guys tired of the Quaker Parrots yet? lol!!!

Spider Plant Abundance

Comment by Emi (not verified) Wed, 02/03/2010 - 11:08

Hey, can I have one? My spider plant died back in Beacon. I left it out on the veranda for a day in the warm sun and that happened to be the day that a huge wind storm came and tossed everything all over creation. The root trauma proved to be too much for it.

Spider Plant Abundance

Comment by Emi (not verified) Wed, 02/03/2010 - 11:08

You should bring spider

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Thu, 07/08/2010 - 19:32

You should bring spider plant babies and give/sell them at cons... ooh crossover idea... they could be the spider plant from GWS... you could have a cactus with a moustache and sombrero!

Awww. Fam-ree

Comment by This Guy (not verified) Thu, 12/30/2010 - 01:39

Wolf has a family now!

Yuko's dad

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 22:15

I just realized... YUKO'S DAD IS ACTUALLY IN THIS FRAME. I should be frightened, but instead I'm super-curious.

wolfs pack