i ate so many oreos urghhh

i ate so many oreos urghhh

Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:00 by Ananth in response to hourly comics: february 1st 2010

Ughhh I ate so many oreos

This past Monday was Hourly Comics Day!  These were Yuko's-- you might remember she did something like this back in October.  This actually made our day seem pretty busy ... it sure didn't feel like it!

On Tuesday we went to a live taping of the Colbert Report thanks to Steve - he scored some tickets. It was a lot of fun! At one point Yuko and Colbert were the only ones who knew the lyrics to a song - he sang along with her and gave her a big thumbs up! Pretty sweet.

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something but urgh so many oreos

Oh here's the original that was supposed to be up - I was bogged down with a lot of work:

Oh, and we got a cat! He is super sweet and adjusting nicely. More about him later, I think I gotta go not eat a bunch of oreos

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Art!

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:20

I always enjoy these drawings, especially to try and guess at what they are and such. Is this one Quetzcoatl? With a Quetzal on it's head? Because that is wicked hard to spell, I had to look it up like three times.

Oh wait got distracted. The sentence should have said 'because it's cute, it has a pocket-sized version of itself on itself!'

Mazel Tov (Congrats) on your

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:29

Mazel Tov (Congrats) on your new cat-baby. Can't wait to see it's antics in the comic!
Which shelter did you get it from?

hehe

Comment by Carly Schonberg (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:35

"naming a cat 'Helvetica' would make us hipsters, wouldn't it" is my favorite quote of the day :)

Hee hee!

Comment by Aido Fri, 02/05/2010 - 12:18

Haha, thank you!  XD

B-BUT IT'S SO TRUE.

I love the hourlies! It's

Comment by Natalia (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:44

I love the hourlies! It's like an jumbo J*W.

...rereading my post I feel

Comment by Natalia (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:46

...rereading my post I feel like say 'Well duh it's jumbo'

I am a dork.

Helvetica?

Comment by Matt B (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 22:45

If Helvetica doesn't work, how about Wingdings?

KITTY!

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:06

(Of course that must be said in a Boo voice.)

Congrats on the new kitteh! Mellow cats rock.

Now I want Oreos.

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:07

Bah. Fie, Ananth, fie!

Awesome!

Comment by Hilary (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:09

I <3 Colbert! What song did Yuko know the lyrics to? And... I totally want to name my next cat Helvetica. And if it's a guy... Helveticus?

Helveticus: The Roman

Comment by Lin (not verified) Sun, 02/07/2010 - 20:06

Helveticus: The Roman Gladiator of Fonts

Grats

Comment by SBKT (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:14

Good luck with your new bundle of furry joy, and be glad it's not a dog. Especially one of those thousand-dollar-stupid-as-a-rock dogs. My mother got one a couple years back, and she makes me miserable.

If you're still considering names, try Orwell, or maybe Gina? My name suggestions suck, but hey, you still wouldn't hear them all too often.

ONE EVENING IN 1945 =D

Comment by KLiwag (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:25

Now she's a little boy in Spain
Playing pianos filled with flames
On empty rings around the sun
All sing to say my dream has come

*stares* Adama bread? Crap,

Comment by Ceylon (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:45

*stares*
Adama bread? Crap, BSG fandom's gonna make me lose a day finding my bread machine so I can bake this. But molasses will make it all better.
Thanks JW! I think.

Grats on the new kitty!

Comment by Kibara (not verified) Thu, 02/04/2010 - 23:57

Glad you ended up getting the cat, I'm sure he'll be a great fluffy addition to your lives.

I now love Yuko all the more for drawing a quetzal xD. My family is from Guatemala, and the national bird is the quetzal ( along with the currency).

Busy day.

Comment by King_Bahamut (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 00:08

And you say it didn't feel it? I probably would collapse from that, though that isn't saying much as I am kind of lazy, it is sort of funny in a way but I look at todays strip and the first panel I was all, Is that Yuko? Sadly my hair is worse after it was wet and I go to bed, I need to remember to comb it or it is awful.

yes, we kern.

Comment by 00007i36 (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 00:08

Wait, what? You were manually kerning handwriting Ananth?

I thought that he was

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 13:30

I thought that he was talking about this:

kern 2 (kûrn)
n. The portion of a typeface that projects beyond the body or shank of a character.
tr.v. kerned, kern·ing, kerns

1. To provide (type) with a kern.
2. To adjust space between (characters) in typeset text.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/kerning

naming of cat(s)

Comment by Shadowrider (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 00:09

It's always difficult to pick a name for a cat, so good luck with coming up with something that both you and the cat likes.

Oh and to quote T.S. Elliot:

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.

I really love the latest original drawing. I particularly love dragonish creatures. Wish I could get it!

Quinn Is One Of My Budgies' names

Comment by Perg (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 00:42

She's quieter than the boy but just as friendly. Likes to fly on the table and steal wheat thins.

Butterin' Toast!

Comment by AMVP (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 01:26

I hope you had more than just toast for dinner. That doesn't sound very healthy (said the guy who had a Lunchable for dinner at 11:45 at night).

Blasphemy!

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 03:07

There is no such thing as "Too many Oreos."!!! There is only the thing known as, "Not enough milk."

Oh yeah, name cats after

Comment by Cowdog (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 03:11

Oh yeah, name cats after their behavior or appearance.

My parents have a giant orange cat which is named, unsurprisingly: Big Orange. The cat also likes to talk, so we call him "Whiner", since he has a voice like Mike Tyson; high pitched for such a large creature.

Yeah, we named one of our

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 04:49

Yeah, we named one of our cats Ego for his abnormally large head as a kitten. Unsurprisingly, he's not very bright and has an inflated opinion of himself, but he is very sweet most of the time.

Btw, JW crew, Callie Eats Feathers is wonderful and creepy, and has made me wildly curious about the Maws but also wary that further explication shall revealing even more disturbing tidbits. Cats + curiosity = officially a complicated relationship. Heh.

Cat names are srs biznez

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 05:01

We're always slow when it comes to naming cats. We could get a new cat and it'd take a month or more to figure out what the heck to call it, simply because we want it to be an appropriate name.

Named one cat shadow because it was black, fluffy, and whenever he got spooked he'd hunker down and all we'd see is this wierd shadowy blotch hauling tail towards the nearest bed.

Named another dusty because in lamplight he looks like he's covered in dust... and he sleeps ENTIRELY too much... so I figured he collects dust, might as well call him as we see him.

Named the youngest cat Newton because he keeps falling off of things. He's always testing gravity.

Name it Futura

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 05:07

...total hipsters.

YOU GUYS LIKE MASS EFFECT I LIKE MASS EFFECT

Comment by @ElvisRevenge (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 07:20

WE SHOULD HANG OUT AND TALK ABOUT MASS EFFECT AND HAVE GREAT TIMES TALKING ABOUT MASS EFFECT AND HAVING FUN WITH MASS EFFECCT!

YOU KNOW WHO I LIKE? LEGION!

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 08:26

YOU KNOW WHO I LIKE? LEGION! HE IS THE COOLEST! LEGION AN GARRUS CAN RIP ANYTHING TO SHREDS. I PLAY AS A SENTINEL, SO I NEEDED PEOPLE WHO COULD ISSUE A BEATING.

Mmmmmm..

Comment by Wulfwood (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 08:54

..Garrus.. =w=

W-wait, I forgot to talk in caps! Darn it.

Hehehehehe~

Comment by Aku ohino (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 08:06

Super Sayian Yuko :)

oh god you guys would be the

Comment by whatisthishowdidIgethere (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 08:35

oh god you guys would be the coolest friends ever

Johnny Wander | Updates Tuesday and Thursday

Comment by acheter fans (not verified) Sun, 07/14/2013 - 04:20

It's actually a nice and useful piece of information. I'm happy that you shared this
useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this.
Thanks for sharing.

Kitty NAMES!

Comment by MALLORY (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 09:38

As a Mallory I feel it is my duty to encourage you to name your kitty Mallory. There's a bar in Fort Wayne, IN named Mallory's, also there's the Mallory off of Family Ties. Either my parents were alcoholics or TV junkies. Either way the name is awesome. While it's unisex and means unhappy and unlucky it's been an excellent name over the years. Most people call me Mal without thinking about it, and I've just made it my own. So here's one vote for MALLORY.
**Just as a side note I love your cat comics. I have Little Kitty and he recently lost his manhood and gained tons of energy. Last night he spent a half an hour chasing his tail...it's amazing that he's never discovered it before this. Anywho just please continue Kitty-ness Cat Cat Comics!

CERES

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 09:40

Oh man, my dog's name is Ceres! She's a one-eyed mutt that I adopted from a local shelter. They were calling her "Moppsie." I had to clear that right up by naming her after a goddess.

I think you should wait on

Comment by Nena (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 11:42

I think you should wait on the name. Let the cat adjust and then give it the first name that comes to mind. That way, you'll have a name that fits its personality rather giving it a name that contradicts it. Besides, it's a cat, it could care less about what you call it, lol.

Kitties and T shirts

Comment by Origamigryphon (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 11:49

We are not original. Our cat's name is Kitty. XD

Also, I got the PaleontoLOLgy T shirt I ordered from you guys - wow, so quick! And it is awesome! Thanks much! <33

....I want bread now. And

Comment by Royshan (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 12:16

....I want bread now.
And Mass Effect 2 is gooooood.

Colbert Report

Comment by Matt (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 12:19

Did Colbert singing with Yuko actually show on the Colbert Report, because I'm starting up Thurday's episode right now.

Sadly, no!

Comment by Aido Fri, 02/05/2010 - 13:20

Sadly, no!  It happened before the show, during makeup.

Darn! I was just about to

Comment by koager (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 14:28

Darn!
I was just about to ask what episode with it because that'd be so cool/funny to watch

John's Coffee

Comment by Skie (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 14:53

Did John manage to get his coffee?

I love these hourly comics

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 16:31

I love these hourly comics you make, though they must be a pain to get through.

I feel your pain John, mornings don't last long unless I'm carefully chugging green tea.

You should definitely name your cat Mufasa, then you could call him Moofie for short. Ooh! Or Bagheera since he's a black cat! *shutting up now*

are you sure about that?

Comment by pink jacket (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 18:43

because i'm pretty sure i'm the girl he sang holland, 1945 with after i asked him if he would do a collab with jeff mangum ;)

oh my bad you said you went

Comment by pink jacket (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 19:17

oh my bad you said you went on tuesday, i went on thursday. fuck yeah, both of us!

WE BOTH KNEW IT WOULD COME TO THIS

Comment by Aido Fri, 02/05/2010 - 23:18

OH NO.

Now we must battle for Stephen's affections

Yuko looks good with crazy

Comment by Crow (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 19:07

Yuko looks good with crazy hair! Heh. (Then again, I'm just a fan of crazy hair in general.)

cat names..

Comment by katt (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 19:28

.. you don't really use them. I just got a cat about two months ago now, and I use her name only maybe 25% of the time (she's a mostly white cat. My roommate and I ended up naming her Yuki. She was almost Beaker from the Muppets because she squeaked a lot when we first met her).

Instead, she gets called:

booger, snot, brat, princess, cutie, "hi you," pretty, squeaky, squeaker, squeak toy, crazy...

... you get the drift.

And Verdana or Tahoma >D

Johnny Wander | Updates Tuesday and Thursday

Comment by games mmorpg free (not verified) Sun, 06/02/2013 - 04:47

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded
this onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on
this. And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I found it for him.
.. lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!
! But yeah, thanks for spending time to talk about this topic here on your
website.

First panel

Comment by ggelatine (not verified) Fri, 02/05/2010 - 20:01

Heh, that may be a good look on you! Or maybe not. I think I wanna try that sometime, see if I can get that same effect with my hair! XD

I demand photos!

Comment by MentalUproar (not verified) Sat, 02/06/2010 - 00:51

We need to see the adorable little beast! :)
As for names, maybe name it after one of your characters, like Delilah, Basilisk, or maybe Griffin.