Callie Eats Feathers!

Callie Eats Feathers!

Tue, 02/09/2010 - 16:36 by Ananth in response to very pressing matters

Haha, actually, we have been pretty swamped. I had some freelance gigs that had a very short turnaround last week/weekend and Yuko's got her usual client work - sorry it's not a 'full' comic, but sometimes it's best to be concise.

Callie Eats Feathers is up at Myspace: Dark Horse Presents! It's the fourth story in the upper right - just click it to bring up our short. It's worth it to take another look in higher resolution, Yuko's art looks really pretty with the added clarity.

There are some issues with Paypal preventing me from notifying you guys that your orders have shipped - sorry about that! But while we're on the subject of the store, I've added free delivery confirmation on T-shirts, prints, and originals. :) So that's cool! Oh, here is the new original - it's my favorite so far:

Hugin and Munin!

My buddy Rachelle picked up a bunch of Maison Ikkoku books for me, and I'm mega excited to read them. I was in the middle of that series when I got swamped and I never got back to it. Just started reading volume 5 this morning before work!

S'all from us! See you Thursday!

Comments

Congrats on getting CEF on

Comment by Eric Canillas (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 16:59

Congrats on getting CEF on Dark Horse! :D

By the way.. did you and Yuko ever name the cat?

Thanks! Not yet ... we're

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:51

Thanks!

Not yet ... we're still mulling over names! Naming a cat is tough ... !

Your comic is ONE MILLION

Comment by Carolyn (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 17:06

Your comic is ONE MILLION times better than the other three.

Althought I did like the love letter one.

damn!

Comment by DisposablePal (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 17:16

i just clicked it and its already sold out. its been a busy week all around especially being trapped indoors with all the snow we got in MD, great comic though

Ack! I'm trying to think of

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:52

Ack! I'm trying to think of ways that we can make originals available to people at different times of day ...

Godspeed with the snow!

myspace hates me?

Comment by sandra (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 17:43

ok, so i reeeeaaally wanna read Callie Eats Feathers in high res, but why can't i get to the dark horse presents page? it keeps kicking me to myspace.com in both firefox and safari.. does myspace hate canada? >__< anyone else having this problem?

Weird! Try

Comment by Ananth Tue, 02/09/2010 - 18:51

Weird! Try myspace.com/darkhorsepresents ...

still not working!

Comment by sandra (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 23:36

booo, still doesn't work. shows up in google's cache like yubi said though. thought it might be because i'm in canada but it'd be weird for myspace to geotag like that O__o

Maybe try clearing out your

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:53

Maybe try clearing out your cache? I'm baffled!

I think that your short for

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 17:44

I think that your short for Dark Horse was nothing less than amazing. Story telling was good Art was great. Please do a follow up to this story.

Thank you! I've been mulling

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:55

Thank you! I've been mulling it over, but for the time being I think it's pretty self-contained. At some point I'll publish the short story it was based on, though! :)

Well, if Myspace doesn't hate you..

Comment by Bride B. (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 18:20

It certainly hates me. It won't even show the THUMBNAIL of any of the four stories, let alone the pages.

Comic cock block. DDD:

Dang! Try again later I

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:56

Dang! Try again later I guess ... ? I wish the DH shorts got posted on a normal website ... !

RE: today's comic

Comment by funky (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 18:52

d'awwwwwwww

:B

Comment by Yubi Shines (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 18:56

Accessed the comic via Google's cache of the MySpace page. Take that, cockblock!

It's just as good as promised. :D DETAILLLLL

Yuko looks absolutely

Comment by Ariel (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 19:02

Yuko looks absolutely adorable in this comic, as does your new kitty! :)

damn

Comment by Dale (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 19:51

I'm having the same problem where myspace is just kicking me back to their homepage...but I'm imagining the comic and it looks fantastic!

Busy week

Comment by Razor (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 20:33

I like those kinds of busy weeks. =)

(cat = adorable)

Ahh, you suck!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 21:23

I'm glad as hell you got the black one, but.. What? No Pictures? ;__; Ahh~

Oh no, you're right! I'l see

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:57

Oh no, you're right! I'l see if we can fix that ... !

I think there's one or two

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 22:11

I think there's one or two more books on the way, I lost track XD. In hindsight, I probably should have read them before I sent Conrad off with them haha. I'll be there NEXT WEEK~!!!

Wh-whoa, thank you!! See you

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:57

Wh-whoa, thank you!! See you in a couple of days, then. :)

CEF

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 22:57

The Callie Eats Feathers comic was great! I hope there is more to it sometime.

Yeah, weeks can get busy like that. But hey, more power to ya!

Lookin like a couple there

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 22:59

Aww, the cat makes you two look like an item.

We are. :)

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:58

We are. :)

Maison Ikkoku

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 02/09/2010 - 23:20

...is amazing. It is the most sincere work I've ever read.

Sold Out!!

Comment by Syrth (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 02:10

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I totally wanted Hugin and Munin, Thought and Memory. -.-

k, "Callie Eats Feathers"

Comment by The_Assimilator (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 12:53

k, "Callie Eats Feathers" was seriously awesome but seriously weird... would you guys maybe think about doing a love story that doesn't have a twist that's a complete mindf**k? (see also: Cecilia: The Girl with the Skeleton Hand and Fallen)

Glad you decided to adopt the laid-back cat that "obviously is not a real cat"... wish some of my 8 were as easygoing. But just wait until the little blighter figures out who's boss, then s/he will probably become a little less tolerant of human attention!

Hahaha, I suppose that's a

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 10:59

Hahaha, I suppose that's a running theme, huh? I think we both like strange stuff.

This is going to be a total

Comment by Saraddictive (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 15:33

This is going to be a total geek moment... but my World of Warcraft guild is named 'Thought & Memory' after Hugin & Munin. I wish I could afford the art!

Adorable cat!

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 16:07

the black kitties tend to have a hard time getting adopted from foster/shelter... because of superstitions, and because the lighting (in pics, etc) often doesn't do their beauty justice. In natural light, you'll often find that a "black" cat is actually "ticked"... a dark brown color, with black tips at the end of the fur.

Personally, I've found that they also tend to be very sociable and active (and per the last comic with a black cat, the only things mine really hates are being held on her back and belly rubs... although she's learned to tolerate them, especially if i belly rub her with my forehead! She actually likes most of the other stuff!)

I noticed something while

Comment by Atara (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 16:52

I noticed something while finally being able to see the hi-res version of the comic (which looks wonderful, by the way!). The 'day three' page, second panel looks like theres an invisible chair. ^^; That is literally the only thing that seemed off about the whole thing to me, and I've looked at it through the tech blog preview and now this. It's still very very awesome, and now Maws kind of creep me out. >.>

The curiosity, it gets to me....

Comment by Tash (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 19:38

If someone has asked this before, then please forgive my ignorance, for I am oh so curious... Why is Yuko's right ear always drawn with a loop in it? Does she wear a cartilage hoop? I have noticed this small detail in nearly ever comic and I keep wondering what it is.

Peace n Carrots. <3

You know...

Comment by Russian (not verified) Wed, 02/10/2010 - 23:32

I am very curious so im just going to ask... will you and Yuko be continuing Callie Eats Feathers ? Because it seems like the beginning to an awesome comic book story or comic book short.

I think Callie Eats Feathers

Comment by Lin (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 12:36

I think Callie Eats Feathers is an amazingly engaging and concise story. I don't think a followup would be appropriate. It definitely stands on its own two feet. A continuation might feel a bit like a cop-out, taking the mystery out of the world beyond the pale and what exactly happened to Callie after she disappeared. It would be like.. adding an ending on to The Lady and the Tiger. Sacrilege!

Wonderful storytelling from Ananth and sexy, creepy art from Yuko as usual.

Callie Eats Feathers

Comment by Hans (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 23:57

I just had to comment to say "Callie Eats Feathers" blew me away! I felt like I was sucked into a Junji Ito manga; the way the characters all have a strange compulsion that they can't escape.

Oh, it's so awesome. Is there going to be a physical copy available for purchase? Because I would totally buy that. I'm a huge fan of horror and did not expect that at all. I really look forward to stories like that in the future!

*Just read your update about

Comment by Hans (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 00:00

*Just read your update about it being available as an anthology*

Sorry for the asking a question that you've already answered. I shall patiently await the book!

Callie Eats Feathers

Comment by Paul (not verified) Wed, 09/29/2010 - 04:29

...was wonderful. It really made an impression on me that I felt compelled to tell you that. Great comic you've got here, too, I discovered it a few days ago. I'm having a hard time converting my supposed laughter to a constipated-looking smile just to keep me from making noises in the office, but I manage. Cecilia and Death, and Delilah and Puppy (a blind girl and a basilisk--awesome pair) are great characters too. :D

Hey there, happened upon

Comment by Aaron (not verified) Sun, 10/30/2011 - 12:52

Hey there, happened upon Johnny Wander the other day and honestly have to say I'm pretty swept up in it. I just found an online copy of Callie Eats Feathers (which was pretty trippy and wicked) and yeah... that's pretty much it. *pours over some more comics trying to catch up to currrent ones*