Cat photos!

Cat photos!

Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:18 by Ananth in response to well I guess conrad is home

Yup, Conrad's home. He travels a lot for work, but when you hear things like this around the apartment it's a safe bet that there's a Conrad around and involved.

[EDIT: I think it's not viewable outside the States, weird! People tell me Google caching allows one to view it. Failing that, you can at least check out this FULL preview over at Techland] [EDIT 2: Yuko wants me to add, Callie WILL be published in an anthology from Dark Horse! We'll post info when we have it] I mentioned this last time, but it's my duty to repeat - the high res version of Callie Eats Feathers is up! You'll see our comic on the right - just click the link to bring ours up. :)

Someone in the comments last time pointed out that we were holding out on you - totally not our intention! Here are some photos of the cat. :D

John took this one (check out his Flickr, lots of awesome stuff)! Cat is a little suspicious of the lens on John's D-SLR.

What is he looking at ... ? It's food. He thinks it's food, anyway.

I think he wants us to kiss his paw in the photo on the right? You ain't no king, cat!

Nap time!

I hope those are satisfactory! He still doesn't have a name yet, because naming a cat is apparently pretty hard. Cat is currently wandering around the apartment, doing his daily cat things.

That's all for now! I'll be posting originals a little later on today so that more folks can have an opportunity to pick one up if they desire. :) We got some comments and e-mails requesting something to that effect, so this is us totally listening!

Comments

I'm sure this cat will love

Comment by Harrison (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:23

I'm sure this cat will love his new staff-I mean owners.

So I have to ask. Is this the purr-cat from about 3-4 comics back?

Haha, yeah, it's staff. XD

Comment by Aido Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:52

He IS purr cat!  And he's terribly purr-y.  Seriously, the nicest dang cat.

Very dangerous act it is.

Comment by mma gear (not verified) Thu, 04/21/2011 - 02:16

Very dangerous act it is. Its really a purr cat? But her pictures are looks too good.

Congratulations

Comment by JL (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:34

What a gorgeous kitty. Congratulations on your new addition to the household.

The picture of him on the red couch is my favorite. Very striking.

Cat Names

Comment by the astronaut (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:36

When we rescued our now 7-month old cat from the street, we couldn't figure out a)her actual gender, and b)what the heck to call her. She started off as Salvador (she has a little curly white mustache on one side of her face), and cycled through a good 5 or 6 names until Sputnik finally stuck.

Your new friend looks very happy in his new home. Good luck!

On a Name.

Comment by Layword the Eldritch (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:44

The cat in question's name is Mortimer.

He will respond.

I am absolutely amazed at

Comment by biogetica (not verified) Thu, 05/05/2011 - 07:15

I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage and I truly intend on visiting the site in the upcoming days. Keep up the good work! Excellent post, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!

Cat name

Comment by James (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:44

How about Blue? I don't know why I like that name, I just do. :P

Viewing Callie Eats Feathers outside the US

Comment by Simon (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:55

Google "Dark Horse Presents" and view Google's cached version of the page!

Or click this link to get directly to the cached page.

Thanks so much! I bumped

Comment by Ananth Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:22

Thanks so much! I bumped your link up into the blog post. :)

Maybe like Bast....?

Comment by yraelis (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:57

I think he looks Egyptian for some reason. (think its the way his nose points downward)

ahhhh, Precious moments of Conrad. Good times, yes/yes?

Evidently theres a way to get a hardcopy of CEF? Or maybe guys in comic shops like to be reassuring to people who like comics not centered around heroes... In anycase, it was cool to open Preview and see a blurb with the names Yuko Ota and Ananth Panagariya in it. /excited for more fiction from the two of you.

But Bast is a lady's name!

Comment by Aido Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:44

Callie Eats Feathers will be available in an upcoming Dark Horse Presents anthology, although I'm not sure which one/when it'll be coming out.  :/  There are several volumes out now-- Ananth wrote an Applegeeks short for DHP that was published in the third volume last year. :D

Caaaaaat

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:01

Eeeee he's so cute! My Tai kitty looks just like that, black w/green eyes.

My mom named her ragdoll cat 'Yoshi' but his original name was Genji...because he is indeed a Shining Prince (and acts like it! =P )

Also: How DOES one get toothpaste in one's eye? 0_o Been trying to imagine how that would happen and I got nuthin'.

Unrelated: I saw a guy last night @ 5bucks who I had to look 2x at to make sure he wasn't Ananth. He had the 'ball cap over the eyes' and the stubble =D

D'awww

Comment by Krimson (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:03

Cat looks quite regal. I think Cat is, in fact, secretly a king. Ananth, you must research this.

Also: Conrad's shenanigans are very similar to my own (I have gotten toothpaste in my eye somehow as well! And no, I don't know how I did it.). The only way my roommate knows I'm around is if a string of curses comes out of my mouth in some other room because I happened to walk smack into the fridge. True story.

Blue

Comment by Simon (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:03

@james:
25 Cats Name Sam and One Blue Pussy, by Andy Warhol, featuring his and his mother's many cats?

And no, it's not a typo, it's supposed to be "name"

To view Dark Horce present

Comment by Xasun (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:15

Well...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:27

It happens. My grandfather was always famous for getting barbecue sauce on his eyebrows, despite never touching his hands to his face.

ahahahahha

Comment by petrichor (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:53

ahahhahahahahha

Callie Eats Feathers in the UK

Comment by r3tr0fr34k (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:38

Read it, enjoyed it very much :)

Poor No Name Schlub...

Comment by PenInHand (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:41

THAT CAT IS PRECIOUS! you make me miss mine back home. (I am at college and don't see her much... sigh.) but! next year when my roommate and I move into an apartment, she's bringing hers. I like the name Felicity, btw. Then you could call him Felix for short. But if it comes down to a couple different names you should put it to a vote! that would be neat.

pic 3

Comment by Cathy (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:41

Is that an Uglydoll in the background? XoD
I don't know whether it would suit yours, but if I ever decide to get another cat, its name will be Mochi.

hehe!

Comment by Aido Thu, 02/11/2010 - 16:12

It is!  Icebat has actually been in the background of a bunch of comics. XD

Mochi is a good name!  It'd have to be a chubby white cat, I think.

We have a rat named

Comment by Joy (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 06:40

We have a rat named Mochi.

She's the largest/fattest female rat I've ever seen.

Name it something good

Comment by Angela (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:49

He looks like such a sweet heart! The best advice I can give you on naming the cat is to give him a name you won't be embarrassed to yell loudly in public.

We have a large, white, fat cat with black spots very appropriately named "Moo". Within the first week of our moving into our new house he escaped into the neighborhood and disappeared. He eventually came back to us but our new neighbors laughed for days at my mom walking around the neighborhood all day yelling "Moo! Moooo! Moo Moo!"

We're up to five cats now, and each time we get one our neighbor asks if the new one's name is "Oink" or "Quack".

Congratulations on your Mister Kitty!

Toothpaste in the eye

Comment by tudza (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 16:02

Easily done with one of those sonic toothbrushes.

Pretty Cat

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 16:42

I love blacks cats! (Have two of them myself....as well as four others heh heh) >_>

Personally, I like unique/old names for cats. (eg. Squeaks and Lillybet) I've gotten quite a few good names from this site: http://www.behindthename.com/

I'm sure he'll love whatever name y'all give him! :)

Oh, the naming of cats. One

Comment by btr2272 (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 16:46

Oh, the naming of cats. One of our cats is named Captain Amelia, but is more commonly referred to as Crazypants. We get a lot of weird looks when yelling out the door for her to come in.

As for your cat's name, I've always thought I would name a black cat Tybalt. Just tossing that one out there! :)

Kitty!

Comment by Zehnoda (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 17:36

He reminds me of my cat Winston. We got him pre-named from a friend who moved up to New York. Winston being the name of my town. He wasn't very original.

But be careful about the name. Have a cat that we call Kitten cause be never came up with a better name.

My family owns five cats and

Comment by Becky (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 17:58

My family owns five cats and three dogs.

We always pick names that best suit their personalities, or one's that just seem to stick. I named one of the cats and one of the dogs.

Cats: Rocky, Bullwinkle, Munchkin, Harley, and Gizmo
Dogs: April, Jake, Lucy.

You could always just call him, well Cat! Or hey, even puppy, or hey, how about Poppet?

COnsidering my dad used to own a Doberman named Kitty and he knew somebody with a dog named D.O.G.

Awww, he's such a pretty

Comment by lennan (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 18:21

Awww, he's such a pretty kitty. It makes me miss having kitties in the house.

First: He (=the cat) is

Comment by Naghan (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 18:35

First:
He (=the cat) is incredibly cute. Aaaand you guys will end up kissing his paw whenever he wants.

Second:
So ... how did he (=Conrad) get toothpaste in his eye?

Cat names

Comment by il biggo (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 18:39

We had a white cat we called Rufus: after Rufus Thomas, the singer, and after the rrrrrrrufus sound he made when purring; another good name would have been Miles, after Miles Davis and the meow. The basic concept, though, was: it's white, so let's name him after someone/something black.
I'd say your cat's name is Yuki. Or maybe Neige.

That cat is so cute I just want to rub his ears gah

Comment by Amanda (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 18:46

The cat turns out to be Lune, Prince of the Cat Kingdom.

Oh lawl I remember that movie... good times...

Comment by Renard the Vulpine (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 02:07

YOU MUST NAME THIS CAT PRINCE LUNE! It's fitting.

I miss my black kitties!

Comment by Strangebee (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 18:56

We have had several black cats over the years and the ones at my mom's right now are Roach, Minwoo, Lugosi, and Roach's mom, Araña. (My mom actually has eight cats total, the crazy cat lady that she is.) To me he looks like you could call him Maw or Ink. Though, he will probably end up being Dammit Cat any ways. :)

John's Flickr

Comment by Ratatat (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:30

(Not that I don't enjoy your cat, but I'm allergic to it and therefore cannot think up a suitable name.)

ANANTH I WAS NOT AWARE THAT YOU WORE GLASSES.

Yes, that was important enough for all capital letters.

I apologize for broadcasting your secret.

Ananth wears

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:40

Ananth wears glasses...

Wait, Hawk is Batman and Ananth is Superman!

wait...

Comment by Diomedes (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 20:53

Yuko wears glasses too, does that make her Supergirl

oooh and the new cat is Krypto

Actually...

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 13:16

To be more accurate, the new cat would be the equivalent to Streaky the Super-cat.

Obscure DC reference +1.

Then who is Conrad? Are

Comment by Diomedes (not verified) Tue, 02/16/2010 - 19:58

Then who is Conrad? Are there any superheroes without a sense of smell. Or maybe he really has supersmell powers. Gasp! It's the perfect secret identity!

Cats are very cute and gives

Comment by large playing cards (not verified) Fri, 04/08/2011 - 05:49

Cats are very cute and gives a very innocent looks

How about Nero for your

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:31

How about Nero for your cat.

He's black, and appears to be regal minded (mind you, all cats I know are like that).

As for Conrad... it boggles the mind.

no no no! I swear he's the

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 01:49

no no no! I swear he's the twin of my friend's cat who is named Nero. There cannot be two. Although Nero is totally an awesome name for a Black kitty, see here: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/gamergurl911/IMG00049.jpg

Was wondering but is the cat

Comment by Zefa (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:41

Was wondering but is the cat a specific breed or just a mutt per say? also he reminds me of my first cat...lucky..T.T...I miss her...

name him... fabio (must be said in a deep manly voice)

Comment by petrichor (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:49

what a cutie! he's also very pretty.

yeah, thinking of names for anything is pretty hard. my friend has had this one fish for over a year and still it has no name. incredible.

What are the name choices

Comment by TheMaverickk (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 19:52

What are the name choices down to?

Out of curiosity, lol.

Names

Comment by linktoreality (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 21:12

"The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES."

Maybe that'll help :P

Your cat is adorable guys.

Comment by MarkyMark (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 21:14

Your cat is adorable guys. You should teach him tricks and manners!

I got my cats to sit down at their bowl when I feed them, just hafta train them that if they jump up or bat the food then you take it away.

And for a brief time I had Haido trained to turn off light switches; just takes repetition and reward ;p

Well,

Comment by Steve (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 02:03

We've already taught him to meow incessantly when it's food time >_>

I sympathize with Conrad

Comment by Matt Boblet (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 21:15

You really have to aim the toothpaste juuuuust right.

As for the cat... I think "Poe" would be a nice fit, and a good lit. reference to boot, if that sort of thing is up your alley.