Cat photos!

Cat photos!

Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:18 by Ananth in response to well I guess conrad is home

Yup, Conrad's home. He travels a lot for work, but when you hear things like this around the apartment it's a safe bet that there's a Conrad around and involved.

[EDIT: I think it's not viewable outside the States, weird! People tell me Google caching allows one to view it. Failing that, you can at least check out this FULL preview over at Techland] [EDIT 2: Yuko wants me to add, Callie WILL be published in an anthology from Dark Horse! We'll post info when we have it] I mentioned this last time, but it's my duty to repeat - the high res version of Callie Eats Feathers is up! You'll see our comic on the right - just click the link to bring ours up. :)

Someone in the comments last time pointed out that we were holding out on you - totally not our intention! Here are some photos of the cat. :D

John took this one (check out his Flickr, lots of awesome stuff)! Cat is a little suspicious of the lens on John's D-SLR.

What is he looking at ... ? It's food. He thinks it's food, anyway.

I think he wants us to kiss his paw in the photo on the right? You ain't no king, cat!

Nap time!

I hope those are satisfactory! He still doesn't have a name yet, because naming a cat is apparently pretty hard. Cat is currently wandering around the apartment, doing his daily cat things.

That's all for now! I'll be posting originals a little later on today so that more folks can have an opportunity to pick one up if they desire. :) We got some comments and e-mails requesting something to that effect, so this is us totally listening!

Comments

Oh, it is possible e.e

Comment by Joe A. (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 05:24

When I put toothpaste on the brush, i tend to "scrape" at the end, so the bristles sort of.. flick. A microscopic dot of toothpaste always seems to land right in my eye.

I must have the equivalent of Mace for toothpaste, because it hits that happy place where it burns both when you rub your eye, and when you leave it alone.

ooooh <3 he's absolutely

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 21:17

ooooh <3 he's absolutely gorgeous! The first black cat we got we named Skarmooska, and the one I have now I named Whiskers-Jaguar because I was a oh-so-clever 5 year old. :)

Aw, unnamed king cat looks a

Comment by dmr (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 21:39

Aw, unnamed king cat looks a lot like my old cat, Oatmeal. She was most definitely not a Purr Cat, though--she was a Cat among Cats, with a lion's share of cat attitude. And I must say, he has absolutely gorgeous eyes. You all are quite lucky that he deigned to allow you in his presence. :)

I fear that I can sympathize with Conrad, though; getting toothpaste in the eye is not fun ever. I've done it more than once...best guess is that it occurs when brushing enthusiastically with the lips parted. Allows all sorts of debris to escape.

heh heh. "cat-itude" ^^

Comment by PenInHand (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 22:12

heh heh. "cat-itude" ^^

Cat-doppelganger

Comment by Pix (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 22:27

Your new kitty bears a striking resemblence to my stray boy, Simon. GIANT green eyes and all.

Have you managed to get any good potential names yet?

Cat.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 22:33

My family has that breed. Very friendly and loves attention. You guys got yourselves a good one!

Obviously...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 22:35

Well OBVIOUSLY you should name him Johnny. Really, you're supposed to be the creative ones here.

No name for cat yet?

Comment by Ramiel (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 22:53

There are ways..

Try calling the cat in different names, if he comes to you or looks in your direction, that will be the cat's name

that or name it something with LOL in it. I dunno o.O

Re: No name for cat yet?

Comment by Ratatat (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 00:56

VoLOLdemort!

you

Comment by petrichor (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 11:38

you're a genius and i love you

The Cat Told Me...

Comment by Lizzie (not verified) Thu, 02/11/2010 - 23:58

The cat told me its name is Wynkyn. As in this guy:

He is quite adorable. :-)

Names

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 00:03

I saw Bast up there and that made me think.... MUFASA ^^ hehe

And yes, to a cat, the owner is nothing more than ambulatory food-dispensing piece of landscape with petting attachments.

He looks like the cat from

Comment by Brandon (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 00:51

He looks like the cat from Coraline.

A Bombay!

Comment by Some guy with cats (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 00:59

Nice bombay
That explains the whole friendly, allows anything to be done to him thing, they are like that. I have one kitty of those myself, she purrs as soon as you say her name, or just look in her general direction. Plus she's got the softest fur :3
The biggest problem is that they loove to eat, really love it. Not when they are young, but as they grow they enjoy eating. Some eat anything, some eat a lot, some get stressed when they don't have excesive amounts of food. Mine normally sits beside you as you eat and just gently kisses your arms until you give her food. Mine is a very quiet cat, and never meows but when desesperate (or extremely lonely, then she brings out her teddy bears and toys to play with, which is cute in a manner that destroy you) this is supposedly another race feature.
Well cats are cats I guess.

Wow, he looks kinda like my

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 01:33

Wow, he looks kinda like my kitty, Jiji, who I named after the talking cat in Kiki's Delivery Service.

He's a total momma's boy and flips out if I so much as spend the night somewhere else. He's also like a kitty rag-doll. Most kitties get all huffy and irritated and leave if they're laying on you and you adjust them so you can move around a little, but he doesn't care. You can pick him up any way you want to and resettle him, and he'll just get comfortable again. He will also lick your nose for as long as you allow him too, but isn't nearly as interested in licking the rest of your face or your hands.

I still like the name Jasper.

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 01:45

I still like the name Jasper.

hmmm...

Comment by tsinik (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 01:49

Dark Horse works perfectly for me, even through two diffferent providers - one from Omsk, other from N-sk (both in Western Siberia).

btw, nice cat )))

International Problems?

Comment by Renard the Vulpine (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 02:11

Mine works! (from Tokyo)

name

Comment by Denis (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 02:41

you should name him minou. its french for kitty, and this way only a very small percentage of the population will know that its unoriginal ;). We have never named cats in our family, but whenever we say minou they all flock at the door.

NEKO

Comment by Silver (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 03:09

There used to be three cats in my house, one was named Neko. Yes, isn't that a clever name don't you think?^ My mom was getting a degree in all things Japanese when she got her. Neko is about 21 years old.

My other kitties are Willow and Maia.

Before that we had Scamper and Cinder

AND I would name that cat Lucas. Just so you know.

name

Comment by Marisa Malone (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 03:37

how about Dante or Freya? some deity name (sorry, i don't know the sex) sounds cool.

Kisses!

Comment by Casiopium (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 05:09

I want to give him face kisses SO BAD.

Hmm...

Comment by Phil (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 05:22

He looks like someone tossed an ink blob on him and let it run down him for an hour or two. Maybe see if he answers to "Rorshach?"

Very serious looking cat.

Comment by Baskerville (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 07:47

Very serious looking cat. He's probably voiced by Morgan Freeman.
Dog mentality: They feed me! They love me! They must be God!
Cat mentality: The feed me. They love me. I must be God.

Name.

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 08:07

What about Johnny?

cat name

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 08:49

How about Maow Ze Dong ... ^^

Walter Kron-kat?

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Tue, 02/16/2010 - 06:18

Walter Kron-kat?

At this point...

Comment by Roku (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 11:00

you should probably just name him Voldemort . . . . he-who-must-not-be-named.

how about

Comment by tsinik (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 11:44

Zorro?
he's all black, and there's something noble in him :)

d'awwwkitty! so pretty--and

Comment by celebrian (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 13:28

d'awwwkitty! so pretty--and he looks like a very sweet one too! congratulations!

A Name!

Comment by Ducky (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 13:59

You should name him 'Cat'!

I, obviously, do not have a penchant for cat names. My cat went without a name for so long that we finally decided to name her what we called her, "White Cat". (She is the only cat I have ever had that responds to her name.)

:D

Comment by Kendall Park (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 15:51

Callie Eats Feathers was fantastic.

And what an adorable cat!

Black cat! Yay!

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 16:03

They're my favorite kind of cat and yours looks like such a sweetheart. (Any news on the name? Or am I blind and missed it somewhere?)

Conrad should wear glasses when he uses toothpaste, they make for a good barrier when it decides to attack. Ooh, another use for his Conye glasses!

Black cat! Yay!

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 16:04

Kitty's Name

Comment by Natalia (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 17:09

They announced on Twitter that they named him Rook.

Goddammit internet stop peoing wierd! D8<

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 16:06

Crap double post. Sorry!

suggested Cat Name

Comment by Magi_Wildcard (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 17:55

I think you should name the cat "Puppy." You would do Delilah proud.

Purr Cat

Comment by Stephie (not verified) Fri, 02/12/2010 - 22:04

I just wanted to say I love your comics =] and the new cat is adorable. It makes me think of my cat Kisa. Good luck with the naming. The next cat I get will be Calcifer.

oh wow i do the toothpaste

Comment by Ellis (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 01:13

oh wow i do the toothpaste in eye thing too, even with my glasses on, what.

also kitty is kewwwwwwwwt!

One last thing 8D

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 05:44

I'm sorry. I have to keep talking about the cat. I'm so excited about it, and I only found out this comic existed like a month ago. xD I just wanted to say that cat collars aren't a very good idea.. My mother once had a cat as a child and it's collar got stuck on something and it choked to death trying to get free.

It really scares me. The cat's personality in the earlier comic was very similar to my cat, but now that you have photos, it LOOKS just like my cat! (Thinner fur, however.)

I took care of some kittens last summer. I named them very randomly. "Chips", "Scone", and "Mister Peanut".
Names really don't matter that much, my family ended up forgetting my cat's name and started calling him "Little Kitty".. This was the same with an even older cat, who had babies, we started calling it "Mama Kitty" and soon forgot her name as well. It might sound like we were neglecting them but if cats don't come when you call what's the point? xD;

Collars

Comment by il biggo (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 05:55

Your mother probably collarized (sorry) her cat with a piece of string or something, as all decent collars are constructed *expressly* with that situation in mind, and thus have slippy buckles or breakable parts.
A collar is the best thing you can put on a cat, unless you like your cat being taken home by a stranger. The best is a fluorescent collar, with your name and number written on it.

Did you know?

Comment by Kristy (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 08:07

You've got yourself a Bombay there guys.
And trust me, I'm an expert. Just got done watching the Cats 101 episode about them on Animal Planet.

If you're looking for some names, I've got a few to donate.

1. Bagheera (The panther from the Jungle Book.)
2. Bombay (Name of the breed, but it sounds cool too.)
3. Darth Vadar/ Vader for short
4. Spock (as in Mr.)
5. Mowgli (The main character of the Jungle Book.)

I MISSED CONRAD

Comment by esther (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 13:51

good to have you back at johnny wander, sir

Cat Photos

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 15:35

you should name him Gustopholis. :D

Cat Name Idea

Comment by Adam C. (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 18:27

I know it's a weird name, but if I had a cat like that, I'd name him Aodh. Or maybe Dante.

Kitty Twins?

Comment by Atheryne (not verified) Sat, 02/13/2010 - 20:31

My cat, Sketch, is the spitting image of this one and he's very purr-y as well. He tolerates ANYTHING and loves tummy rubs.

Studio Ghibli nerds, come on, it's a good suggestion...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 00:23

If you're taking suggestions, Jiji or Lune are fantabulous names for a black male cat. My predilection for naming pets after my favorite Studio Ghibli or Nintendo characters is totally *not* influencing my decision here. Nope, not at all...

lovely cat reminds me of a

Comment by filthwizard (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 03:15

lovely cat reminds me of a cat we had once called sylvester (silly to his freinds) a very serious cat aswell. ive never got toothpaste in my eyes have somehow dont know how in other very painfull areas.

Cat naming

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 16:46

Cat naming is big business. Think long and hard on it, plus it helps that he isn't a kitten so you don't name him something you will regret later (like buttons or cuddlepoo). He looks like an Orpheus to me. Very handsome fella in a sinister way.

"[EDIT: I think it's not

Comment by Corteks (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 22:38

"[EDIT: I think it's not viewable outside the States, weird! People tell me Google caching allows one to view it. Failing that, you can at least check out this FULL preview over at Techland]"

Just wanted to chime in that I'm in Australia and had no problem reading it. Great little comic BtW! But then again you guys make great comics generally! -_^