Cat photos!

Cat photos!

Thu, 02/11/2010 - 14:18 by Ananth in response to well I guess conrad is home

Yup, Conrad's home. He travels a lot for work, but when you hear things like this around the apartment it's a safe bet that there's a Conrad around and involved.

[EDIT: I think it's not viewable outside the States, weird! People tell me Google caching allows one to view it. Failing that, you can at least check out this FULL preview over at Techland] [EDIT 2: Yuko wants me to add, Callie WILL be published in an anthology from Dark Horse! We'll post info when we have it] I mentioned this last time, but it's my duty to repeat - the high res version of Callie Eats Feathers is up! You'll see our comic on the right - just click the link to bring ours up. :)

Someone in the comments last time pointed out that we were holding out on you - totally not our intention! Here are some photos of the cat. :D

John took this one (check out his Flickr, lots of awesome stuff)! Cat is a little suspicious of the lens on John's D-SLR.

What is he looking at ... ? It's food. He thinks it's food, anyway.

I think he wants us to kiss his paw in the photo on the right? You ain't no king, cat!

Nap time!

I hope those are satisfactory! He still doesn't have a name yet, because naming a cat is apparently pretty hard. Cat is currently wandering around the apartment, doing his daily cat things.

That's all for now! I'll be posting originals a little later on today so that more folks can have an opportunity to pick one up if they desire. :) We got some comments and e-mails requesting something to that effect, so this is us totally listening!

Comments

Unfortunately True

Comment by Kali (not verified) Sun, 02/14/2010 - 22:46

I was at Katsucon this weekend and I got toothpaste in my eye. This was the first thing I thought of.
HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT...?
I was brushing the inside of my top teeth and it just...slipped. Nearly stabbed my eye out with my toothbrush!

"The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter"

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 02:10

I for one agree that naming a cat is difficult, when my cat came to own me his previous owner had named him Ollie, his name has since evolved into Oliver Von Beethoven... don't ask you're happier not knowing.

have you considered something from T.S. Eliot's Old Pausum's Book of practical cats for a name.... or for that matter have you even heard of it? :

hope the cat's name goes well with it's personality.

Cats away.

Comment by Daniel (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 02:41

That cat is awesome. He has such a Beautiful black coat too! I hope you guys take extra special care of him around Halloween time. After all, some sick f**ks still kill black cats in "the spirit of things".

AAAAAWWW

Comment by Fuzenmaru (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 03:59

He looks just like my old cat... Incidentally don't leave your bacon unattended, he WILL eat it.

why don't you just name him

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 04:22

why don't you just name him Cat? It has a nice ring to it.

Naming a pet...

Comment by Shawn (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 04:45

At our house, we have a naming rule. We're not draconian or anything, it's just that the kids kept wanting to name pets things like, "Happy" or "Pretty" or "Fluffles."

When a new pet is adopted, whoever wants to name it has to pick a name of signifigance, somebody who has done something important (at least to that person) and tell the rest of the family about the namesake. Then they may use the name. We currently have 2 cats- Rembrandt and Amadeus. We used to have a fish named Miamoto as well.

Not that you guys would have a lame name, but it does make for good stories when people ask.

Personally I'd called him

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 06:01

Personally I'd called him Faust like the character from 'Fallen' in the picture of him asked for his paw to be kissed the look just screams it :D

The third picture looks

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 02/15/2010 - 11:08

The third picture looks quite missmonster-ish, methinks. Perhaps a bit of fu-dog is in this lovely new family member? The name will come...

And I empathize completely with the toothpasted eye. My sister and I are notoriously klutzy, for some reason. I super-sprained my ankle falling *next* to a set of stairs, once. Not down, or even the more-talented up. Just the presence of nearby stairs was enough to send me tumbling like an idiot.

cat

Comment by merillian (not verified) Tue, 02/16/2010 - 05:20

He looks like a Minus to me.

or Radamenes xD but it's because he looks like a cat that was in a kids serial in my youth. It was calles "7 wishes".The heros was a teenager and his cat,who looked just like yours. The cat was a faraon's magician named Rademenes. He could make 7 wishes come true-one every Wednesday.

Name

Comment by Fox (not verified) Tue, 02/16/2010 - 06:35

Starfighter. Because that is the most awesome name for anything ever. Think about it while listening to this awesome song by Welle: Erdball. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn5pIY-j2To

Hooray and Thanks for adopting a black cat!

Comment by Holly (not verified) Tue, 02/16/2010 - 14:59

They are the most overlooked and ignored of all cat colors; which is sad, really, 'cause they're the most beautiful, im(ns)ho. Congrats, too!

They're Everywhere!

Comment by Benevolent Rose (not verified) Wed, 02/17/2010 - 00:53

I just bought a black kitten a friend of mine named Kali, after the Indian goddess of death. I thought of naming her Bastet because I love Egypt, but I wouldn't put poor Kali under such pressure. It's cute that she chases shadows though.

Maybe to name your cat, try thinking of a name of someone or something you enjoy that he reminds you of... Like King, as what you've said before.

... Or you could always resort to something like Squeakytoy... Or Snakefood... Or Smoothie. Those are things my mom calls Kali when she's acting nuts.

Hmm... You could always name him Johnny. You know, like Johnny Wander. XD

Name Ideas

Comment by Sally (not verified) Wed, 02/17/2010 - 12:46

Hi guys, these are just name ideas for you. I hope you like them:

1. Shadow
2. Chiller (since he appears very chill in the photos)
3. Green Day (I noticed his eyes are uber green, not to mention that I'm listening to the band at the moment :D)
4. Maw!!! Call him Maw! :D
5. If you guys are Star Wars freaks you could name him something like Sith or Sidious.

(I think Maw is my favorite...)

Aw

Comment by Anzeti (not verified) Wed, 02/17/2010 - 14:01

He looks just like my kitty except mine has more goldenish eyes. I wrestled with names for ages before settling on Loki for my black cat and Eris for my creamsicle orange one. They certainly do those names justice...

Cat?

Comment by diana b. (not verified) Tue, 02/23/2010 - 01:46

I had a cat that looked just like yours! He was incredibly sweet and would take anything you dished out- like over-love from my friend's 3-year old and 5-year old cousins. He was named Snarf. (I have no idea why.)

Anyway I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet or not but my vet said that cats that have this bone structure, willing to take a rough pet and have *incredibly* soft fur are Burmese. Apparently they were bred for their features at one time, namely the face and to have a distinctively loving manner that allows them to be accepting of a really hard rub-down. (I don't know if that'll sway your name choices or not. http://www.pickbabynames.com/_country/Burmese.html )

Hope that helped!

P.S. If he is a Burmese he'll pick up tricks *really*, *really* quickly! Fetch was our favorite! (Ping-pong balls were the easiest for the mouth and general batting.)

Toothpaste in Eye

Comment by Kat (not verified) Tue, 02/23/2010 - 16:16

Happens to me all the time. Somehow when I spit it out after brushing, I get some in my eye.

Everyone I live with thinks I'm crazy, but it seriously does happen!

Kitty!!

Comment by CrimsonFangs (not verified) Mon, 04/26/2010 - 21:42

He looks exactly like my old cat, Dog... ;_; Exaaactlyyyy. <3<3<3 Mum gave him awaaay. But, he's gorgeous. <3

Kitty!!

Comment by CrimsonFangs (not verified) Mon, 04/26/2010 - 21:42

oh jeez i want a cat SOOO

Comment by Dani (not verified) Tue, 10/19/2010 - 18:14

oh jeez i want a cat SOOO bad X<

ive done that. also cute cat!

Comment by nintend0rk (not verified) Thu, 05/19/2011 - 18:42

hahaha ive gotten toothpaste in my eye before. if you flick your wrist too much while putting it on the toothbrush it sometimes flies up. it hurts sooo baaad haha.

awww kitty is so cutee! :3

Ah. Why are you guys so

Comment by Jabber W. (not verified) Thu, 06/30/2011 - 12:52

Ah. Why are you guys so awesome? I only have two hours before I have to go to work, and I was going to play Fallout3. But no, I found this webcomic and now I cannot stop. "Ohhhhhh. Just one more paaaaaage!" And twenty pages later I'm like "Shit! It's almost 2 o'clock! Fallout! Just one more page." Rinse and repeat. I think I've laughed at almost every comic I've read. Everyone in them is awesome. I like the way you draw, too. So, you know, good job all around.

Cool!

Comment by Certified Translations (not verified) Sun, 10/23/2011 - 17:58

It really catches my interest. It feels me like I am the one who writes this article and not the blogger at all. By the time I'm almost finish reading, I am expecting more sentences you just read but it finds me out that am nearer to the end. I am very much excited you just read new article from this page.

I named my cat Cat (or

Comment by Ninjat_126 (not verified) Sun, 10/30/2011 - 09:03

I named my cat Cat (or alternatively, Kat). And I am afraid she is cuter than yours. Not as purry though.

meizitang strong version

Comment by meizitang strong version (not verified) Thu, 05/02/2013 - 22:11

I've go through in other assessments, that persons have lost pounds with out diet and exercise, but I sense a great deal of better now that I am performing exercises and seeing dramatic results. It is keeping me motivated and focused.