Hahahaha oh man Conrad (also, fan art!)

Hahahaha oh man Conrad (also, fan art!)

Thu, 02/25/2010 - 14:33 by Ananth in response to on self-incrimination

Hahahaha Rachelle came to visit and this was one of Conrad's finer moments ... he always knows just what to say. You could see the full range of emotion Shell was going through in the span of about thirty seconds. (ALSO I'M SORRY RACHELLE)

Oh, Yuko penciled the body parts on the latest page of Angel, the long-running storyline over at dirtbetweenmytoes.com. L. Nichols and Darryl Ayo are our two art group buddies and they are pretty rad! Speaking of L, she also did us this awesome fan art,

And then we got this cool drawing from ZackRI over on Twitter,

And lastly, Lyndsey Raney sent this gorgeous Cecilia piece our way. You totally knocked our socks off!

Man! You guys and gals are so rad.

That's all for us this week! Catch you on the next.

Comments

Can't say I haven't done

Comment by Aperture (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 14:52

Can't say I haven't done something similar before.

Oh ho!

Comment by Big Boss (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 14:53

Conrad's hair is the most fretful.

I like how Conrad's hair has

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 14:59

I like how Conrad's hair has 2 little eyes in every panel :D

Ha!

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 15:03

Good eye! I missed that the first time. :)

THE HAIRS HAVE EYES

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 21:13

I just went back through the archives. His hair has had eyes since the third comic. You can't always see them clearly, but they're pretty much always there.

I never really noticed until now either.

You think you know a character...

In this

Comment by Crim (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 23:56

In this comic:

It looks like his hair is making a " :x " face.

*goes through archive*

Comment by KA42 (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 03:27

Congrats.
You have successfully blown my mind

You're not alone

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 23:59

You're not alone... That panel of bald-Conrad finally makes sense now.
That rug deserves its own story!

holy cow! I can't believe I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 23:44

holy cow! I can't believe I haven't noticed the eyes before.

Poor Conrad...

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 15:01

People complain that I'm too quiet, but I'm only trying to prevent conversations like the one above. haha

Oh god, Conrad! Sooo

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 15:14

Oh god, Conrad! Sooo awkward.

The fanarts are quite lovely. Which reminds of something I should do...

Of Conrad and Men

Comment by Skie (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 15:24

I do believe that every single one of us has done what Conrad did. We can all relate. Here's to hoping it all gets resolved in a nonviolent way. *Cheers*

Also wonderful fanarts!

There is always some degree

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 22:09

There is always some degree of hitting ;D

O- Oh my

Comment by Skie (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 07:16

So long as it is with hands and not large objects, then all is well. (sorry Conrad!)

Rachelle, Please don't leave

Comment by Sigrid (not verified) Wed, 03/03/2010 - 18:01

Rachelle, Please don't leave any marks.

The plight of all men

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 15:47

Seems like no matter when we try to say something, be it defensive or even statement, the meaning gets mixed up and we look like a terrible person... Bummer.

Better luck next time Conrad :/

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 16:48

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've done that before.

Also, in panel one it looks like Ananth is using Rook as a pillow/neckrest.

What do you mean "looks

Comment by Naghan (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 15:59

What do you mean "looks like".
Ananth is just doing the "alpha male"-ritual by pressing his opponent down.
And Conrad:
- Is it sexual?
- It doesn't involve you ...
is never a good answer. No matter how you meant it.
Thank you, for brighten our day.
Remember, we're laughing with you, not at you. I mean it, you're not alone.

Oh Conrad...

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 17:40

So articulate :D
Yay a new person to the comic! The last three panels were golden; I've gone through that process too.

"Hey! Wait...HEY! D:<'

I wouldn't have picked up on this, but...

Comment by this guy (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 21:32

Actually I was doing some rereading, and it looks like she's been around before! :O

I was in bacon comic and in

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 22:29

I was in bacon comic and in Yuko's kidnapping comic too :P

[facepalm]

Comment by Yubi Shines (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 17:55

Oh, Conrad. Never change.

Also, Cecilia's delicate little boots are so awesome.

man o man

Comment by Magi_Wildcard (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 18:17

Poor Conrad... I've been known to stick my foot in my mouth like that, so I rather empathize with Conrad's circumstance.

...

To be honest, if that's as normal a thing for him, as it is for me, it's a wonder neither of us get foot-in-mouth fungi of some kind...

There's another name for that.

Comment by Bento (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 20:03

I like to call it "foot-in-mouth disease" (in some dialects, this is indistinguishable from what it puns :) ).

Dammit Conrad now I wanna

Comment by jaki (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 18:33

Dammit Conrad now I wanna know the story.

Sworn to secrecy

Comment by conrad Thu, 02/25/2010 - 22:04

Okay, I can't say too much on the topic, but I can say it had to do with this:

Oil Overload

Oh hey... 55 gallon drums.

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 22:49

Oh hey... 55 gallon drums. Who doesn't love seeing that? Especially with rusted and distended tops! Yay safety issues!! At least their rings are in place, for the most part.

This answers one question

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 13:56

This answers one question and yet raises so many more...

Fanarts!

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 18:36

Fanarts for the win! =D

(that's all =) )

Well...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 18:41

At least she gave him the benefit of thinking about it.

Time Travel Solves Everything

Comment by Stefan (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 21:44

It is a shame Conrad hasn't yet finished the app that lets him travel back in time 120 seconds.

Maybe this is the magic

Comment by Conrad is too lazy to log in (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 23:52

Maybe this is the magic Steve Jobs is talking about when he referrers to the iPad. Hmmmm ...

I don't know who to feel sorry for

Comment by Callmeshirlie (not verified) Thu, 02/25/2010 - 23:26

Conrad or Rachelle. That's classic. :]

The answer is: everyone.

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 00:50

The answer is: everyone.

You guys rock my socks!!

Comment by L. Nichols (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 01:21

You guys rock my socks!!

I don't get it?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 01:29

Isn't it fairly common for people to have more than one sexual partner in their life time?

Well yeah, but it was more

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 01:48

Well yeah, but it was more like:

"A few days ago... wait... I can't tell this story"

*PFFFFFFF*

Comment by Jamie Noguchi (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 08:42

I'm so glad I don't drink coffee cause that made me spit take!

Thanks!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 11:24

And it's probably more awkward than sexual haha

Hmm, so piecing that

Comment by A Davis (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 10:34

Hmm, so piecing that together with the 55gallon drum image...

Conrad was banging someone like a drum? But I wonder at the full story because it looks like it was funny when he thought to tell it in the first panel...

The best part of this all is

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Fri, 02/26/2010 - 13:30

The best part of this all is that I can't even remember what the story was.

...Oh, Conrad..

Comment by Shew (not verified) Sat, 02/27/2010 - 16:17

After laughing loudly, I face-palmed reading all of the comments. XD

I like how...

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 00:33

the secondary implication is that Conrad and Rachelle have had many hilarious hijinks involving sex. It is Rachelle's first guess, and Conrad's immediate reaction. lulz

Nope, the real take-away

Comment by conrad Tue, 03/02/2010 - 11:47

Nope, the real take-away here is that I'm immature like a fourth-grader, If I'm snickering about something, well, there's a good chance it relates to sexy time in some way.

Well, at least you didn't

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 16:43

Well, at least you were laughing among your friends, and in a much more comfortable environment, no less.

This reminded me of a few years back, when a group of ppl and I were working on this design project (ahh... freshman year... everything was flowers and birds, but I digress). At one point, someone started talking about how this guy from one of our frat got suspended for hanging a skeleton outside the window during a Halloween party (apparently, people take offense to that because they said it resembles lynching, which is racism).

The point is, when they all started talking about it, my brain was off somewhere else. I was thinking something I watched from Family Guy then, and I started laughing when I thought about Peter vs. Chicken fight scene.

Everyone thought I was racist *headdesks* DAMN YOU PETER GRIFFIN!! IT'S A MISUNDERSTANDINGGGGG!!! DX

Oh, right. Also, just got introduced to this comic this Sunday, and I read through the entire archive and LOVED IT! Hello, guys! You'll be seeing me commenting here more often from now on *waves*

S'okay,

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 18:31

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us guys can relate.

Hmmm...

Comment by Lancer2010 (not verified) Tue, 03/02/2010 - 15:43

Based on the earlier photo, I'm gonna say it had something to do with "cans", which is often a euphemism for boobies.

I drew you a fanart a few

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 03/03/2010 - 01:41

I drew you a fanart a few months ago and you never posted it. Do you only post art from your buddies? I get that, if you do. Just wondering.

The poor fool. He should

Comment by Elkian (not verified) Mon, 06/28/2010 - 15:45

The poor fool.
He should have just said something about cats in pants or something.

This is odd.

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Wed, 06/30/2010 - 18:12

I feel weird when I see someone with a similar name. Because now every time I read "Rachelle" I instantly put myself in these scenarios, and I don't know you guys D:

I love your webcomic by the way :D