Comics on the road

Comics on the road

Thu, 03/04/2010 - 19:53 by Ananth in response to spectacular dinosaur failure

Hey guys! Today's comic cameos Aaron Diaz, master of all things Dresden Codak. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of dinosaurs that dwarfs Yuko's (it is pretty jaw-dropping!). Aaron's now our lifeline for all things dinosaur. We've been hanging out at the studio that he and Meredith Gran share -- the space is pretty huge, and I'm a little jealous. Also, Heidi is the raddest lil' doggie.

Also pictured are George (who you know) and Louie, who is also a pretty great artist we're hanging with. Check out her LJ here.

Portland is nice! There's an impressive variety of food here ... so far we've had Korean tacos + burritos, a walnut/honey/pear/gorgonzola crepe, an avocado/basil/coconut milk milkshake, a fried cherry chocolate pie ... Portland's going to be the end of us. I will leave here the fattest.

We're outta here! Enjoy the weekend guys, we'll see you next Tuesday.

Comments

Dammit, all this talk

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Sun, 03/07/2010 - 11:08

Dammit, all this talk about tiny plastic dinosaurs made me wish I didn't lose my Dinosaur pokers. It's got pictures of 52 different dinosaurs and their stats! It was 10+ years ago...

I sometimes forget that

Comment by 00ceildih (not verified) Sun, 03/07/2010 - 17:06

I sometimes forget that facts like these are not exactly common knowledge. I'm so used to knowing them. I am the go to source for dino knowledge among my friends.

Jurrasick Pahrk 3

Comment by Toad (not verified) Mon, 03/08/2010 - 02:47

Have you never seen Jurassic Park 3? The spinosaurus was the main evil dino! D:
'Sides, I'da said plain ol' saurolophus not parasaurolophus. >.>

Portland, OR or Portland,

Comment by MissKacey (not verified) Mon, 03/08/2010 - 06:57

Portland, OR or Portland, ME? Portland, OR is very nice! :)

Welcome back George

Comment by Razor (not verified) Mon, 03/08/2010 - 18:58

Looks like he found out about Dom & Ed's regen tank. http://megatokyo.com/strip/743

XD

Oh man, I just realized...

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Mon, 03/08/2010 - 23:57

You should've taken the whole bucket of dino's with you. That way, you wouldn't miss out.

Hey, it DID say "Take One"! <_<

Yes, "Free, Take One" bucket

Comment by mindscapejem (not verified) Tue, 03/09/2010 - 14:57

Yes, "Free, Take One" bucket of dinosaurs.

Were there any water based

Comment by mindscapejem (not verified) Tue, 03/09/2010 - 15:02

Were there any water based dinosaurs in that bucket, like Plesiosaurs or Megalodon? That would've been awesome.

I have no idea what

Comment by Charlo (not verified) Tue, 03/09/2010 - 19:22

I have no idea what dinosaurs are what. I pretty much go, IT'S A LITTLE FOOT whenever I see a dinosaur that resembles him (God I love that movie...cute overload).

Korean tacos and burritos?! WHAT?! Is that even possible? Maybe I'm too intrigued because I'm Korean.

Oh man, tha movie

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Wed, 03/10/2010 - 00:23

I loved that movie as a kid!

And then "sequels" happened. I could've sworn that there are at least 12 of those sequels out by now o_o

A movie only needs so much sequels!!!!! DX

KOREAN TACOS ARE FREAKING

Comment by Louie (not verified) Wed, 03/10/2010 - 14:55

KOREAN TACOS ARE FREAKING AMAZING!!

Portland never snows!

Comment by Parara (not verified) Wed, 03/10/2010 - 13:39

IT SNOWED HERE. And hailed too. I blame this entirely on you guys, bringing your GD blizzard from the East coast. DD:

Parasaurolophus was totally

Comment by LD (not verified) Wed, 03/10/2010 - 20:34

Parasaurolophus was totally a dinosaur, son. Dimetrodon wasn't though.

I'll always remember Spinosaurus cuz he was in the worst Jurrasic Park movie.

Meet Up from Post Long Past

Comment by MegzHartie (not verified) Wed, 03/10/2010 - 23:05

Hey, are you still thinking about doing a NYC reader meet up? I think it'd be really cool. :3

leaving portland portly, are

Comment by Denis (not verified) Thu, 03/11/2010 - 02:31

leaving portland portly, are we? lol

What

Comment by Mou (not verified) Fri, 03/12/2010 - 20:18

According to wikipedia, Parasaurolophuses were also (partially) bipedal. My goodness.

*GASP*

Comment by Derp (not verified) Tue, 03/23/2010 - 15:44

I too just read that Louie was in this comic and fangasmed

Not all dinosaurs were

Comment by Storm (not verified) Sun, 05/30/2010 - 06:25

Not all dinosaurs were bipedal, man. What the hell Aaron, go revise your dinosaur classifications. This is basic Dinosaur Knowledge.

DJglRhcIFVOCbrQymAX

Comment by Keydren (not verified) Fri, 06/24/2011 - 14:44

Haha, shouldn't you be charging for that kind of kowneldge?!