Basilisk tote bags are up!

Basilisk tote bags are up!

Tue, 03/16/2010 - 17:57 by Ananth in response to ambulance cat

Guys this cat loves to talk, he is like a terrible cat Seinfeld (only Rook would never make Bee Movie, no way).

Basilisk tote bags are up! They are pretty adorable,

Click through on the photo if you like!

I was sick! It came with nausea this time ... anyway, long story short, not used to nausea, so I didn't get a lot of work done.  But!! I played some FFXIII (all day Sunday, something I haven't done since high school ... it felt wrong). Not sure how I feel about the game! But I think Lightning is the best brooding archetype they've ever had, and Sazh is tough not to love. Not liking jailbait girl, ugh, get outta my face. Story-wise, I'm fighting to meet up with the other members of my team right now. NO SPOILERS PLEASE, thanks! Anyway, the part that's interesting for you is that Yuko did a quick scribble of Lightning,

YEAH.

See you Thursday!

Comments

My cats are fairly quiet,

Comment by Ilmoran (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 05:23

My cats are fairly quiet, one more so that the other. Apollo almost never meows, except when a) I'm in the kitchen (because it obviously means it's time to feed him, how dare I make food for myself and not him), b) at night after I first turn out the lights (I think he's asking his sister where she is), and c) once in a while, just a random meow for no apparent reason (or occasionally after waking up/yawning). Artemis is much the same, but she adds in d) when she is demanding I make room for her on my lap.

Our eldest cat does this

Comment by Levistus (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 05:26

Our eldest cat does this whenever we open up a can of tuna. We call that noise the 'Tuna Raid Siren' because all the other cats in the house know EXACTLY what it means, and to head towards the Tuna Raid Shelters (the food dishes).

Yeah

Comment by Jack T Robyn (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 05:56

Simba would always greet me when I cam home with one of these multi-sylabic drawn-out meows.

Love the pic of Lightning!

Comment by DavionStar (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 08:01

Also looks like that new cat of yours is nuts :) Sadly, I'm allergic to cats. :( Much to the dismay of my loving wife.

I got FFXIII a few days ago and I'm loving it. Still waiting for it to calm down though to a point where I get a town of some sort. I need some place to use all these craftables that are piling up. ;P

As for the characters, I do have to say that I am enjoying them. Except for Vanille who is just a little too hopped up on sugar. Lightning is still brooding, but it does make sense. Emo kid (Hope) is almost on my nerves, but at least he has the sense to know that yelling at Snow won't solve anything. That's refreshing. Snow himself, it's like, you want to hate him...but you just can't. I find the doofus too lovable. And Sazh? Can't not love the guy. I mean, he keeps a chocobo chick in his fro. C'mon.

Black Cats

Comment by Ashley (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 10:50

I hear black cats are more talkative, and my two kitties definitely prove that rule. They never shut up! It's pretty cute.

Kitty Preference

Comment by PokeyPuppy (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 11:11

Rook prefers Yuko, huh? Isn't that always the way! Our cats are 50/50 - 2 are my husband's "girlfriends," and 2 are always hanging on me.

Lightning

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 14:38

Thats an awesome drawing of her, it captures her angst. and I'm trying to find out when she will soften up emotional wise =D

If you look closely

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 13:34

If you look closely, I think one of her sketch portrait looks like she's about to take a bite out of someone's arm. (My money's on Snow)

Rook does the same...

Comment by Aku Ohino (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 16:05

Rook does the same thing that my cat Ginger does. :3

Meow dammit!

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 16:07

My cat oreo does that too, except he likes to sit down under your feet to get your attention while he's doing it. Or he's trying to kill us, we've never been quite sure... he also likes to chirp when he wants out, so he might just be weird.

Your sketches of Lightning are awesome! My boyfriend levels the crap out of her and she hits like a tank.

Sounds like he's also

Comment by Crow (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 16:20

Sounds like he's also admonishing you guys for leaving! My cat does that all of the time.

Domo-Rook? =D

Comment by Razor (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 17:26

My tabby Izzy is the talker in our family. She likes to chirp and mrr and make funny "Ack!" noises, especially when she's around my husband (he can make a high-pitched meowing sound that drives her nuts). I thought my mom's cat Yoshi was a mute until feeding time one day--he was still very little and he let out a meow-squeak that looked like he summoned it from his toes. =D He still gives the bulk of his (very soft) meows during feeding time. Tai (our black cat) is also quiet but gets chatty when the food dish makes an appearance.

Our bass player at church can meow like a cat, and he teases my pastor's dog when we're at rehearsal. XD Poor Maddie can't figure out where the cat is...

ROOK!

Comment by Neesee (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 18:30

All the comics featuring Rook make me want a cat more. Too bad I'll have to wait for quite a while. I need an apartment and money for that. Still, Rook is a cute, chatty kitty.

The Squaresoft copyright is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 19:05

The Squaresoft copyright is incorrect. It is Square-Enix. :p

Squaresoft is dead. :<

LIES!

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Wed, 03/17/2010 - 20:44

LIES! *SOBS*

LIES

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 08:50

It'll always live on in our hearts!

SPOILERS

Comment by SirBayer (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 11:25

OMG EVERYBODY DIES AT THE END OR SOMETHING

I dunno I've never even played it. Or seen it. Or seen an ad for it. Or really even thought about it.

But I bet everyone dies at the end.

OMG Rook sounds just like my

Comment by danihana (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 11:59

OMG Rook sounds just like my cat. Except she's had 11 years of experience on becoming an expert at being super annoying and loud.

Ratings

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 13:14

Just because I've been curious since I started reading...

How exactly does the ratings thing work? I don't understand.

Whoa...

Comment by Seia (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 15:24

That was a QUICK sketch of Lightning? I would not be able to do that even with two hours worth of time! AMAZING skill, Yuko! xDD

Stat Card?

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 15:27

I adoooooore this today's comic, but as I was looking back through the archives, I saw that the other "stat card" comics were tagged as such. Should that tag go on this one as well?

tiny chocobo!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 16:41

i haven't gotten the chance to play (my man is bogarting the ps3) but i am in love with sazh and his hair-chocobo.

Wallpaper?

Comment by Wyrm (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 22:19

May we have a Rook Wallpaper please? ^_^ Angry cat wallpaper would seem mighty fine.

Noisy kitties!

Comment by Jen (not verified) Sun, 03/21/2010 - 14:42

My cat is a half-Siamese and he meows constantly! By the way, did you know that cats rarely meow to each other? They pretty much only meow at humans, as though they're trying to communicate with us!

Is Yuko the one who feeds Rook? I've noticed my cats are most attached to the one who most often fills their food bowl!

"Jail-bait Girl"

Comment by Poet (not verified) Wed, 03/24/2010 - 14:07

Heh my husband and I call her Skittles ever since we saw her in the freebie booklet we got when we pre ordered it.

I love those bags!

Comment by Tris (not verified) Mon, 06/07/2010 - 01:58

And I'd totally buy one if I wasn't completely broke.

Wowzers! I adopted a black

Comment by TwEeK! (not verified) Wed, 07/07/2010 - 10:27

Wowzers! I adopted a black kitteh a year and a half ago and his name is also Rook...small world peoples...small world.

ZCQAYXCmTcXcGZBLnT

Comment by Rocky (not verified) Fri, 06/24/2011 - 07:29

Wow, this is in every resecpt what I needed to know.