1 2 3 Go

• This discussion is closed: you can't post new comments.
  • This discussion is closed: you can't post new comments.
  • This discussion is closed: you can't post new comments.

1 2 3 Go

Thu, 03/18/2010 - 19:33 by Ananth in response to ladies only

Yuko's got a tradition of making corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's day, and this year we had Jisuk over. We tend to warn people about Rook's skittishness, but sometimes it's unnecessary! Rook knows what's up.

I'm under a deadline so I sadly have to make this quick, but Puppy the Basilisk totes are up!

I got Arkham Horror yesterday! We're going to crack it open this weekend and I'll probably talk a little about it next week.

Oh, and we'll be at I-Con on Long Island next weekend - we'll be bringing merch with us and we'll have a table! Come by and say hi. :)

Comments

He may be...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 19:34

But that bottom image is absolutely terrifying. Likes the ladies' SOULS, maybe.

Kitty-Maw

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 19:43

I see it. It's like his chest is going to open into this gaping mouth and devour you.

?!

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 15:08

What? Chest mouths? Crazy talk! Who's ever heard of such a thing.

Bad Dreams

Comment by Softspoken (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 22:29

I know, right? I think I need to lay off the feathers.

Nice reference there.

Comment by Jedifreak (not verified) Tue, 03/23/2010 - 10:56

Nice reference there.

Yikes

Comment by Matt B. (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 19:49

I think my favorite detail's the wavy word balloon in panel 3. Such intense anger!

It's rad to know that

Comment by Maud (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 19:53

It's rad to know that artists I follow know eachother. Big internet, small world.

I-CON

Comment by mj (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 20:02

wait at stony brook university??
I go there!
I am not sure I can make it to the convention though...

She's a Lady

Comment by Razor (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 20:09

Ha, Rook is the Tom Jones of the apartment. XD

Just wondering...

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 20:28

Is Rook fixed yet?

oh, absolutely.

Comment by Aido Thu, 03/18/2010 - 20:49

He was actually fixed by his previous owner-- he was already altered when he arrived at the shelter.

Oh wow

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 19:20

Poor guy, ladies man he is, he won't be using his junk :-/ He's missing out, man...

Cats are fickle. Some people

Comment by reynard61 (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 20:33

Cats are fickle. Some people they'll warm up to instantly, some they'll stay away from with a vengeance. There's just no predicting who they'll like or dislike.

Very much looking forward to

Comment by huduvudu (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 20:50

Very much looking forward to hearing about Arkham Asylum!
My friends and I are entering a period wherein everybody's schedules have been turned upside down and not all of us can get together Fridays for D&D or what have you, so we've been resorting to board games in the mean time.

I've heard good things! It's just a big investment. Hope you guys have a good time with it.

You got Arkham Asylum!

Comment by Yu Huo (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 21:35

You got Arkham Asylum! Excellent! That is an awesome game. Just a tip before you get started on ruining your collective sanities: it can really help if someone GMs the game rather than playing as a standard player. Keep track of the action, incursions, horrible deaths, etc. Fun for the GM too. Who doesn't like playing Yog-Sothoth on a rampage?

o_o

Comment by Skie (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 22:19

I've always had cats that are either completely skittish around everything or completely cool with everything.

Rook is clearly not a real cat because he does not fall into either category. (Or my cats were not real cats. Which is it?! Agggh)

Heh, ladies cat!

Comment by King_Bahamut (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 22:43

This makes me think, if I was a cat I would probably be one of those grouchy ones that sleep in hiding places. Instead of a ladies man I seem to scare away any ladies.(^^)

guys... I don't think he's

Comment by Rachelle (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 22:44

guys... I don't think he's talking about the Batman video game... seriously.

"I got Arkham Horror yesterday!"

not Asylum. According to the internet it's a board game:

HA! Subconscious always gets

Comment by huduvudu (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 11:51

HA! Subconscious always gets the better of me!

Heh, yeah, it's either that or

Comment by Hikki536 (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 19:28

I was wondering if he was referring to Batman Arkham or Lovecraft Arkham.

Then I thought to myself, "Would anyone be insane enough to play a Lovecraft game?"

Yes there would be... are you destined to meet a tragic end for this board game like the Lovecraftian stories?

Yup. The game is pretty much

Comment by Lupus Draconis (not verified) Mon, 03/22/2010 - 12:24

Yup. The game is pretty much designed to make you lose most of the time. Elder gods nom your face off. A lot.

Board Games

Comment by MTK (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 23:04

Arkham Horror is really fun, but setting it up that first time is going to take a while.

The BSG board game is incredible if you would like a recommendation for another cooperative board game.

Heh, he's such a charmer. He

Comment by Joe (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 23:34

Heh, he's such a charmer. He should give Death some lessons.

My dad likes to make corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day every year, but it's something of a point of contention in our house. The 17th is my birthday, and I can't stand CB&C. So it comes down to a decision between the traditional meal and the Birthday Boy's wishes.

This year I managed to convince them to have it the day before, when I wasn't home for dinner anyway. We were all happy.

Um, this is a little embarrassing...

Comment by Matt (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 23:50

But who is that other non-Yuko person in the comic? Did I miss an intro comic/blog post somewhere along the line?

"Yuko's got a tradition of

Comment by Eric Canillas (not verified) Sat, 03/20/2010 - 13:06

"Yuko's got a tradition of making corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's day, and this year we had Jisuk over. We tend to warn people about Rook's skittishness, but sometimes it's unnecessary! Rook knows what's up."

I'm fairly sure it's Jisuk..

OOOOHHHH

Comment by Matt (not verified) Sun, 03/21/2010 - 12:14

Problem solved! I'm dumb.

ADORABLE!!!

Comment by Diem-fish (not verified) Thu, 03/18/2010 - 23:54

Aw, Rook is so adorable! :3 I wanna scoop him up and give him huggles!

My new favorite cast member!

Comment by Cecona (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 00:01

It's official, Rook is my new favorite Johnny Wander character! He is so much like my own cat, Pouncer; following me everywhere I go and meowing his adorable little lungs out. Does Rook ever follow anyone into the bathroom? Pouncer started doing that last year and I've just about given up trying to keep him out.

I had a rabbit that would do

Comment by QuoteRadar (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 00:37

I had a rabbit that would do that too... but he was small enough to slip under the bathroom door. It would have been annoying if it wasn't so doggone cute.

TUMMY RUBS!!

Comment by JC (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 01:26

TUMMY RUBS!!

Laydeez Man!

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 01:35

Oh man the last panel got me good.

Arkham Horror seems so interesting, I would love to give it a shot. You guys should also try Talisman and Munchkin. Not Co-Op but fun and hilarious never the less.

Munchkin...

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Sun, 03/21/2010 - 08:46

It's as co-op as you make it. The game does encourage you to screw over the other "party members" though. :-)

Basilisk Envy

Comment by Kate (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 08:31

I want that bag but Paypal is being very slow at transferring funds from my bank account. D:

Cats are the ultimate

Comment by fraoch (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 13:07

Cats are the ultimate girl-magnet.
Is it weird that I can imagine Rook lounging in the last panel with a cat-fro and a bottle of Courvosier next to him? (I know I spelled that wrong)
I missed out on corned beef and cabbage this year. Stupid work... :(

They say this cat Rook is a

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 15:36

They say this cat Rook is a bad mother...

He's a complicated cat, but no one understands him but his womanz

Shut yo' mouth!

Comment by Joe (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 18:12

Shut yo' mouth!

Ironically, looking at the

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 21:16

Ironically, looking at the lyrics of the actual song, it fits perfectly since they already use the word Cat, and Rook is black...

I smell most amazing animation could come from this...

We can dig it.

Comment by Joe (not verified) Sun, 03/21/2010 - 13:35

We can dig it.

Arkham Horror is a great

Comment by Chrysee (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 19:56

Arkham Horror is a great board game. Takes a while to set up and we still play with the instructions within arm's reach, but it is just wonderful. Very Lovecraftian.

Oh the love Puppy the

Comment by Bailey (not verified) Fri, 03/19/2010 - 20:33

Oh the love Puppy the Basilisk!
It would be so awsome if you guys put him on a t-shirt
I would totally buy that!!

Cat-thing

Comment by Shawn (not verified) Sat, 03/20/2010 - 02:57

Dude, my black cat (Deuce) seems to be a lot like Rook.... mebbe they are perpetuating their own stereo-type???

Arkham Horror is a great

Comment by Collin (not verified) Sat, 03/20/2010 - 07:00

Arkham Horror is a great game. Its fun to find a good co-op game. Just to warn you, the first time you play it will either take you 3 hours or 30 minutes depending on how fast the god eats you.

My bf and I were so excited

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 03/20/2010 - 10:49

My bf and I were so excited when we saw your names in the I-CON brochure! Can't wait to see you guys there!

Can't wait to see you guys

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 03/20/2010 - 13:20

Can't wait to see you guys at I-Con. My Gf and I got gifts. Also, I promise not to pick you guys up, as per a prior request.

still great

Comment by Kyon (not verified) Sat, 03/20/2010 - 19:19

Holy smokes I have a lot to catch up with. You have a new cat? wicked.

Arkham Horror

Comment by Mike (not verified) Sun, 03/21/2010 - 13:45

Arkham Horror is pretty fun imo, you should have a great time with it. Me and my friends just recently started Shadowrun.

also new cat makes me happy inside.

Oh yeaaaaah

Comment by Lupus Draconis (not verified) Mon, 03/22/2010 - 12:20

Arkha Horror is awesome, I played a good amount of it in college.

It's an amazing time-killer, seriously. Though a lot of the monsters are really cheap.

Oh, and if you buy expansion packs (damn expensive game, haha), expect things to get INSANE. Especially if you get all the extra boards. Sooooo ridiculously hard. ._.

Oh yeaaaaah

Comment by Lupus Draconis (not verified) Mon, 03/22/2010 - 12:20

Arkha Horror is awesome, I played a good amount of it in college.

Jisuk's a girl!?

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Mon, 03/22/2010 - 20:29

Jisuk's a girl!?

I'm freaking out about that,

Comment by Lulu (not verified) Mon, 03/22/2010 - 23:54

I'm freaking out about that, too! I totally thought Jisuk was a boy!!