John you're the best

John you're the best

Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:06 by Ananth in response to nothing personal

I couldn't make this up even if I wanted to.

This weekend is MoCCA! We don't have a table this year, but we will be circulating, so flag us down and say hello if you like! We don't bite at all, I promise. :) Additionally, Yuko will be at Drink and Draw Like a Lady on Friday night, so ladies can catch her there as well!

The tee I designed for Oni Press was on sale at Wondercon last weekend, which was pretty cool. I've been told it was sighted on G4TV at some point afterwards. It's a limited edition, but there were some left over and I believe they're going online at some point. Best bet there is to check Oni Press' website - and if you're a twitter kid, follow them at @onipress for their most frequent updates. Just don't ask me how to get 'em!

Oh, Conrad's rolling on JW 2.0 - I am getting occasional updates yelled to me from down the hall, it is like Twitter but real life.

Oh, we're going to do a reprint of either Zoolology or Phoenix Down, it looks like - chime in if you'd rather one over the other, thanks!

That's all for us, see you next week - or maybe this weekend! ;)

Comments

I some how always had a

Comment by Sammy Neiland (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:19

I some how always had a feeling John was eventually going to end up as a super villain...

Who will defend us from his wrath now?! D:

lol Sammy

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 18:32

I typed that message on an iPad and I guess it decided Sammy was a better name to use than Samm.

Silly iPad :P

SOUND EFFECT!

Comment by psychogaze (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:27

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW--
*face slowly melts*
I have a theory how such a thing is possible, but it would involve knowledge of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3.

Sweet!

Comment by Kat (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:31

Hey Ananth! I'm coming back to the US on saturday! I'll see you at mocca :D

Hmmm...

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:36

He should've figured this technique out before you had to resort to the George Foreman to melt those bunnies.

Goat

Comment by tudza (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 16:50

He's just trying to get your goat.

T-shirt

Comment by Kattra (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 17:07

I think a reprint of the Zoology shirt would be wonderful, I have been hoping for this to happen for a while! Most definitely would buy it.

ZOOLOGY! I missed it last

Comment by Ewaskoe (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 18:01

ZOOLOGY! I missed it last time around but not this time!!

If looks could kill, I would

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 18:36

If looks could kill, I would stare at everybody!

Ohhh, I'd like to see the

Comment by c. ellis (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 18:51

Ohhh, I'd like to see the Phoenix Down shirt come back (I <3 the design), but either is great. :D

Looking forward to more awesome stuff from you guys~!!

the quirky life...

Comment by Hilary (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 19:00

I love the way your comics celebrate one quirky life moment each time - keep it up!

That laptop

Comment by Jelawlsephat Lolker (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 19:24

I want that laptop.

Also, regarding the shirts - I'm too broke to buy one.... If I could afford it, though, I would try to convince you to do both :P

Uh...

Comment by Yuki-chan (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 19:51

Is it me, or did John's shirt shrink in the second panel?

side effect

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:08

It's a side effect of his evil powers.
Looks can't kill, but the right one can shut someone up pretty fast lol

Zoo!

Comment by daughterofthestars (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 19:58

I reallllly want a Zoolology t-shirt, but you gotta restock it on a Tuesday or Thursday so I can catch it and order it right away. XD I'm a women's small and those are the first to go!

Btw: I love the Basilisk tote bag. :3

haha! John's stare makes all

Comment by Allison Strejlau (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 20:03

haha! John's stare makes all other stares weep.

drink and draw should be fun, hope i meet you guys this weekend! :)

That's how you know when

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 20:13

That's how you know when they're really your friends: whether they're cool testing possible super-powers out on you or not (even the lethal ones).

Phoenix Down please :)

Okay, I'm curious, why does

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 20:34

Okay, I'm curious, why does John want to kill Ananth?

A rule

Comment by Pimp Chickens (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 01:06

Judging by past comics, I think there's a rule.

If you kill Ananth, then you get to write Applegeeks.

I'm unsure as to whether

Comment by OrcishIncubus (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 07:27

I'm unsure as to whether that is something John wants to do, it has been shown that Yuko would.

ZOOLOLOGY!!

Comment by Joel (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 21:27

I would really like a reprint of Zoolology. I friend has been trying to get on for ages, but the Small sizes always go first!!

I laughed and laughed

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 21:46

and laughed. Two thumbs up!

I laughed and laughed

Comment by Elizabeth B (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 21:46

and laughed. Two thumbs up!

I would love ZooLOLogy to be

Comment by Vero (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 21:58

I would love ZooLOLogy to be reprinted. Mine shrank super bad. Like, medium to x-small. :C

Phoenix down is one of my

Comment by Arcc (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:09

Phoenix down is one of my absolute favorite shirt designs. I would like to see a reprint.

Yukata/Kimono

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:46

I think Phoenix down would look nice on a yukata type kimono, although i'm not even sure how you'd go about getting that done.

Similarly, Maw would be neat on a kimono... something like the maw on the lower right, and it's tongue reaching up and wrapping around the left arm (almost like irezumi). Or in the alternative, use a light pink obi.

Like Cyclops? except deadly??

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:44

New comic: The Men who Stare at Ananth (based on a true story)

"It is like Twitter but real

Comment by Ruzzy (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 22:57

"It is like Twitter but real life."

That must've been the funniest thing I've read all day. <3

What was that one movie....

Comment by Gleevee & Co (not verified) Thu, 04/08/2010 - 23:02

"Glee: You know.. .With the face melting?

Matt: Oh, you mean Indiana Jones?

Glee: Yeah that. Does this comic NOT remind you of it?

Drake: ..... Not really. I'm more reminded of the phrase "if looks could kill...."

Glee: That look certainly would kill. John always seems to have that "Don't screw with me" demeanor. This makes it as pointed as a razor's edge.

Jamie: Does that even make sense?

Matt: I don't think so.

Glee: Yeah, well, cheers for that, mate. >:L

Drake: ANYHOW - directing attention to the Johnny Wander Crew; Excellent job on this. Really comical, as always."
-------------------

What Drake says. Very comical, as usual, and damn fine art. Entertainment bliss.

Oh John

Comment by Chelsea (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:10

Every time John is in a comic I love him more than I did before

Mexican Stand-off

Comment by Worst_Player (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:15

I can not imagine how weird Mexican stand-offs would look if people had that power

Heh...

Comment by Chris D. (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:34

Talk about shooting dirty looks at people.

I imagine, the guy with the wandering eye will win that one. He's used to flicking his gaze back and forth quickly to avoid notice. <.<

my two cents

Comment by Claire (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:22

I would love it if you reprinted Phoenix Down. I'd buy the hell out of that. (Otherwise I might just buy it a size too large and hope it shrinks, lol)

And I agree with Chelsea, about John, and how every time he is in a comic he just becomes more awesome :)

Oh man

Comment by Naghan (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 00:54

I'm glad, I'm alone in the office, right now, that comic had me laughing. Also: John is awesome.
Ironic, that John's trying to kill Ananth that way, the one Person, that CAN kill people by looking at them, hence the hat.

John

Comment by canti (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 01:35

John is easily my favorite character. Well, can I call him a character? I mean he is a real person. It feels odd treating a real person like a work of fiction.

Zoolology!

Comment by Abra (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 01:55

Oh man for the love of all things holy I want a Zoolology shirt. So. Freaking. Badly. D:

Fenix Down

Comment by Faen (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 02:33

Definitely Phoenix Down over Zoolology.
Also in 2X sizes cuz regular XL is no good for me :(

I'd say Phoenix Down myself.

Comment by Maya (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 08:15

I'd say Phoenix Down myself. Having finally procured income, I can get one!...assuming the women's small sizes don't sell out before I can get to the site.

Wololooooo

Comment by Dax (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 09:07

Wololooooo

Life is always stranger than

Comment by Yoiyami (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 09:37

Life is always stranger than fiction. ^_^

Do you have a list of conventions you are going to go to somewhere? Or does it usually end up being kind of last minute? I've always wanted to come visit but so far have never gone to the same conventions.

Phoenix Down please! It is a beautiful design and I missed it last time.

Zoolology!

ZOOLOLOGY
WANT
:D

Johnisms

Comment by Droqen (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 15:34

Johnisms make me laugh SO MUCH
but I have since learned that nobody else (who I know in real life) finds them funny.
It's okay, though. It makes them that much more special.
I look forward to every last one :D

PHOENIX PHOENIX PHOENIX PHOENIX

Comment by FantabulousMrFish (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 18:11

Very much so Phoenix Down yes please!!

Oh, John.

Comment by Joe Fox (not verified) Fri, 04/09/2010 - 22:17

If looks could kill, I wouldn't be here right now on account of the looks I've gotten.

I'll have to eventually attend the MoCCA fest one year, but alas, college-checking and work overrides awesome webcomics. Sadface. >:

Speaking of things in NY, did you guys ever decide if you were going to do a reader meet-up at all? I kinda remember something like that being discussed a while back, and I would so bust my way up to NY to attend it.

Love

Comment by Thekingsloosepage (not verified) Sat, 04/10/2010 - 17:31

I have decided this comic is love. Without it, I will die. LIKE A HUMAN INFANT!!! D: <3

It's actually pretty easy to...

Comment by Andy Z (not verified) Sat, 04/10/2010 - 20:04

All you need is some sulphur and champagne

This gag is being run way

Comment by Goaticus (not verified) Sun, 04/11/2010 - 00:46

This gag is being run way too dry, it's not funny anymore. You should come up with a different punchline than "surprised / worried" look.

Zoolology *pleeeaaase*

Comment by landminecat (not verified) Sun, 04/11/2010 - 05:52

Do you want me to grovel? I can do that too.