Aaron Diaz: A Love Story

Aaron Diaz: A Love Story

Tue, 04/13/2010 - 22:00 by Ananth in response to lovely deinonychus

MoCCA was this past weekend - thanks to everyone who stopped us to say hello! Nice to meet ya. Aaron Diaz stayed with us and on Monday we went to the American Natural History Museum -- two of his readers, Michelle and Kat (I hope I'm spelling that correctly), were kind enough to give us a behind-the-scenes tour! We got to see where the bones are cleaned, stored, and we got a great sense of how people in that field work. Thanks so much Michelle and Kat!!

After the tour we skipped downstairs to check out the exhibits - Aarons favorite dino is Deinonychus, and this particular museum happens to have the most complete Deinonychus skeleton in the world. Will the people accept their love?
Oh, ROFLcon announced us as guests earlier today! I ought to do a rundown of shows we're doing in the next two months, here it is:

Tora-con in Rochester, NY (April 24-25)
ROFLcon in Cambridge, MA (April 30-May 1)
TCAF in Toronto, Ontario, Canada (May 8-9)

Hopefully we'll catch you at one of those! And we'll see you Thursday!

Comments

Wish List

Comment by Joe D. (not verified) Tue, 04/13/2010 - 22:01

So when do we get to see the Johnny Wander / Dresden Codak Dinosaur Epic team-up?

woooo TCAF!!! hope to meet

Comment by sylan0 (not verified) Tue, 04/13/2010 - 22:19

woooo TCAF!!! hope to meet you there ^^

Yeah!

Comment by Tman (not verified) Tue, 04/13/2010 - 22:32

I hope to run into you guys at TCAF!

By the way, Ananth, how do you pronounce your name?

It was a pleasure to catch

Comment by Fedora & Pleather Jacket Guy (not verified) Tue, 04/13/2010 - 22:46

It was a pleasure to catch you at MoCCA! Sorry for kinda jumping out at you/cutting you off like a pair of creepers; a group walked in our way when we were going to introduce ourselves like normal people...

Dude, Aaron has good taste

Comment by Mr. Popular (not verified) Tue, 04/13/2010 - 23:37

Dude, Aaron has good taste in dinosaurs.

It was great to see you guys

Comment by Sono (not verified) Tue, 04/13/2010 - 23:49

It was great to see you guys at MoCCA!

Also, thank you again, Yuko, for the drawing for my mother. She brightened up SO MUCH when I brought it to her at the hospital today! I owe you one.

dem bones

Comment by mordacaiMT (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 01:27

dinosaur bones: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

If on the odd chance you happen to get VERY lost and wind up in Bozeman, Montana (yes, we have computers in Montana), check out the Museum of the Rockies.

Not to boast (well, sorta), but it's the home of Jack Horner, the paleontologist that inspired the character Dr. Grant in Jurassic Park.

You're coming to Toronto!?

Comment by Matt (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 01:41

You guys are coming to Toronto? Oh sweet! And I just checked the site, the whole event is free! I hope to see you guys there!

You guys going to bring anything to purchase and stuff? Just wanna know just in case. =D

Bones

Comment by Skie (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 02:44

There's little to not love about the American Natural History Museum, really. Exhibits, History, Fun Facts, and Bones...

...and 'dem bones be awesome.
Trubiz.

That's my favourite, too!

Comment by Jones (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 04:25

Nice to know that quality dino's are appreciated!

Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem

Comment by Joe (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 07:25

Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dry Bones
Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dry Bones
Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Dry Bones...

...I forget the rest of the song.

100 dinosaur bones on the

Comment by Jeremy (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 12:35

100 dinosaur bones on the wall.
100 bones on the wall.
Take one down. Pass it around.
99 dinosaur bones on the wall.
etc...
This one drove my parents crazy on road trips. They wouldn't let me sing about beer.

Hihi~

Comment by Miyu (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 07:52

The Natural History Museum~ *winks*

Sorry, I had to do it. :B

ROFLcon!

Comment by Emily (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 09:04

You're coming up! Soon! That's. . .wait, that's the same weekend we'll be in Maine for a friend's b-day party.

KHHHAAAAAAAAN!!

Maybe we'll be able to figure something out, I'd love to see you guys!

the one year I don't have

Comment by Zak (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 11:20

the one year I don't have money for tora-con... TT^TT

True story

Comment by Krimson (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 12:06

I was at the AMNH on Sunday as part of a class assignment and took photographs of the dinofloor. I kept studying the plaques at the front of each skeleton because the Johnny Wander comic where Aaron schooled Yuko on the dinosaur figurines popped into my head. I had an irrational fear that Aaron Diaz was going to show up at my apartment and yell at me for identifying the dinosaur bones incorrectly. It was nerve-wracking.

La La La La

Comment by Razor (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 13:09

I love the little dino cheerily walking through the frame. =D

I imagine the little hearts going 'pop-pop-pop' over you guys XD

Aw, nerd love

Comment by Fraoch (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 16:00

That's so cool that you got to go behind the scenes at the museum. I've always wanted to do that.

If you guys ever go to a con

Comment by Cheri (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 18:24

If you guys ever go to a con in the Chicago area, better bet I'll be there!
Wielding gifts of cookies and tips on how to make O'hare less terrifying. (The tips usually involve "don't go to O'hare")

Oh man!! I so wanted to come

Comment by Kristi (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 21:31

Oh man!! I so wanted to come see you guys at TCAF (having been a long time fan), but it's the exact same weekend as my grad show at OCAD!! Whyyyyyyyy!

i forsee sneaking out and having someone watch my display. >:\

possibly NSFW (?)

Comment by Jingseng (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 22:05

My friends came to visit (whilst I was still in DC). This is a picture of an actual exhibit, at the time, at the Smithsonian museum of natural history.

It reminds me of the Puck Fair comic, in a way =x.

It's just such a questionable arrangement/positioning. And when you consider the exhibits are skeletal (made of BONE)... well...

I guess prehistoric man shepherds got lonely too. =x

Love At First Sight

Comment by Callmeshirlie (not verified) Wed, 04/14/2010 - 22:29

Geeezzzzz, that is really an awesome depiction of dinosaur love. At least someone accepts the love between them.

Still upset that you're

Comment by Rose (not verified) Thu, 04/15/2010 - 11:49

Still upset that you're going to be in my neck of the woods when I'm NOT there. Ah well.

Nice

Comment by Aube (not verified) Fri, 04/16/2010 - 23:52

Sweet you got a tour of where they clean the fossils and what not. Pays to be interweb famous. Sadly can't make it to any of the cons coming up, let me know if you are heading out west later in the summer though, would love do a meet up of some sort though there isn't really anything to do in Utah... we have dinosaurs too...well technically we had dinosaurs.

Europe damnit

Comment by Antaku (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 16:14

WHERE CAN I BUY PLANE TICKETS TO ANOTHER CONTINENT ON A STUDENT BUDGET. ;(

Personally...

Comment by Emily (not verified) Thu, 09/16/2010 - 14:32

I'm in love with Sue the T. rex at the Field Museum. <3

BEST DINO

Comment by Walt (not verified) Wed, 02/08/2012 - 22:09

I've been reading through the comic and so far I really like it!

But this one struck a special chord for me. My favorite dinosaur has always been deinonychus. I have told many people this, and they stare at me, because they have no idea how FLIPPING AWESOME IT WAS. Dude, what 10 year old kid (or 20something kid) doesn't like the sound of an 11 ft dino with 5 inch claws? Seriously. Best. Dinosaur. Ever.

American Museum of Natural History

Comment by Filthy Pazuzu (not verified) Tue, 07/17/2012 - 10:32

I, too, adore that place. I grew up on Staten Island, and went there on countless school trips as a kid.
When I was old enough to go into Manhattan without adult supervision I went almost every weekend for a year.
It never gets old.