Tora-con this weekend!

Tora-con this weekend!

Tue, 04/20/2010 - 17:37 by Ananth in response to and then our cake had no frosting

A while back, George bought frosting for the pill cookies that went with his Dr. Mario costume. John's since been taking care of the frosting by squeezing it onto a spoon and eating it. What I'm trying to say is that give him the frosting and run away while he's distracted.

We ordered new bookmarks today. Those cat bookmarks will be back, and they'll be joined by a puppy bookmark and a Maw bookmark.

We are getting ready for Tora-con in Rochester, NY this weekend! Come say hi, we'll be hanging out and we'll have some tees and stuff. Oh, I also forgot to tell Conrad but he's totally on our panel. Sorry buddy.

See you Thursday!

Comments

So funny =)

Comment by iJuggleOranges (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:00

I'm a big fan of the comics where John appears... they're so much fun to read! Love the timing in this one =) John seems like such a nice guy, although he posess a rather malicious stare...

How was the cake?

Cake? I'm pretty sure they

Comment by Ananth Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:24

Cake, hahaha, good one. They just ate frosting.

No cake?!

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 19:41

You mean the cake is a lie? At least they had spoons...

hah Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up.

Haha!

Comment by iJuggleOranges (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 15:10

That's hilarious XD

John is like a giraffe standing next to a much shorter giraffe

Comment by Someursault (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:27

In the first panel, John looks like Gulliver among the Lilliputians. He has befriended one of these tiny, tiny people and now he's learning the secrets behind their exotic confections!

I read that as sour cream at

Comment by LafinJack (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:28

I read that as sour cream at first, and I was like D:

Frosting

Comment by Neesee (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:37

I have to try that pudding frosting sometime. I'm not a fan of most frostings. At home we make one from cream cheese and whipped cream but it's mostly for Tres Leches Cake.

John is hilarious but scares me at the same time.

another idea

Comment by c. rae (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:49

Mixing a box of pudding mix with a tub of cool whip also makes awesome frosting! It's what I put on all of my cakes, heheh.

Oh my gosh, I must try this!

Comment by Mels (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:50

Oh my gosh, I must try this!

Frosting Recipe

Comment by NoodleRocket (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 18:54

You wouldn't happen to have an exact recipe for this would you? >_> This sounds like an amazing frosting idea!

:D

Comment by Aido Wed, 04/21/2010 - 11:06

I just put a separate news post up with the recipe!   :D

Marvelous!

Comment by Andrew (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 19:38

I'm with NoodleRocket, that recipe sounds really good.

And speaking of new stuff to the shop, are y'all planning on doing puppy keychains too? I'd love to have a Maw/Puppy pair with my keys. ^.^

Aw, thanks!

Comment by Aido Wed, 04/21/2010 - 11:08

Thanks! :D

And about Puppy Keychains: maaayybbbeeeee ;D

If we WERE doing them, they probably wouldn't be available until the beginning of summer.

Those eyes!

Comment by Matt B. (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 19:42

Is John trying to kill Yuko with his stare so he can have all the frosting for himself?

I WANT IT

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 20:28

I want that recipe! sounds yummy! I tend to dislike the frosting made w/ powered sugar.

Try Philadelphia cheese and

Comment by Keiotic (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 21:01

Try Philadelphia cheese and icing sugar ;]

Oh man, I love cream

Comment by Aido Wed, 04/21/2010 - 11:05

Oh man, I love cream cheese frosting!  It's the best on carrot cake. P:

His random rages of simple

Comment by RikaNeko (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 21:13

His random rages of simple commands never fail to make me laugh.

Pudding?

Comment by Eggplant (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 22:10

Just wondering, what kind of pudding did you use? It sounds good XD

Also wanted to let you know that your comic is awesome ^_^ Yuko, your art is really inspiring!

Need recipe!

Comment by Cela (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 22:10

Please share the recipe, I think it would be a fantastic alternative to yucky pre-made icing for the birthday cake I'm making for my nephew this weekend.

It's up! :D

Comment by Aido Wed, 04/21/2010 - 11:04

I made a separate news post with the recipe--  I hope it works for you! :D

Thanks so much

Comment by Cela (not verified) Fri, 04/23/2010 - 11:36

Going to make it today for tasting, and then make it again tomorrow for frosting *grins*

It seems like you guys have

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 22:46

It seems like you guys have been outputting a lot more "Is John Crazy" comics as of late... has he been getting more crazy as of late, or just we don't even know the half of it?

Yum, frosting from pudding <3

John Count

Comment by Loves Details (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 14:26

By my count, John has appeared/starred in 6 comics over the last 30 days. That's 6 out of 9 comics of Johnny John Jon!

..He is Awesome.
Well, everybody here is awesome too. =3

Wait a sec.. is John the "Johnny Wander" in the title?!? =O

Every puzzle has an answer.

Comment by Samm Neiland (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 16:20

And consider this puzzle solved!

That's 20 Picarats.

oh, wow! I thought I'd have

Comment by Enzel (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 23:21

oh, wow! I thought I'd have to wait till Connecticon to snag a new t-shirt :D I knew I decided to go to RiT for a reason.

As for the comic, that

Comment by Enzel (not verified) Tue, 04/20/2010 - 23:22

As for the comic, that sounds delicious.

I DIDNT KNOW ANYONE ELSE KNEW TORACON EXISTED

Comment by Aria (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 00:04

Buuut i'm not going this year D:
Probably. I guess it's booked or something?

The stare of Death....

Comment by M3rcd (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 00:54

John has that look in his eyes.......

TOOOOORA

Comment by Shawn Handyside (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 01:40

Oh crap, I forgot about this show! Mike was trying to convince me to go but I'm just too burnt out after the last three in a row.

However if you're going through Albany you guys should stop by and see how big Sophie is! Also she is becoming a master of sidewalk chalk drawing. :D

Also every parent and kid that sees Alyssa wearing the LOL themed shirts loves them. :P

Kitty!

Comment by Ruzzy (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 02:30

Kitty bookmarks will be back! Yay! \o/

John. <3

Kilobytes

Comment by Dan (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 04:46

I read this in my Safari RSS feed - It's funny but the size of the image is displayed below the file name.

Strip 154 is 154kb!

Frosting Maniac

Comment by Drezz (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 07:21

I love how you can never see John's eyes until he says something maniacal.

Is it just me, or is he getting taller as the strip progresses?

Toracon!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 07:57

I'm going to Toracon this year too, it'll be awesome to finally meet you guys, I'll be sure to bring enough money for some shirts! What kinds are you bringing with you?

Tora-con. ;-;

Comment by YnS (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 12:12

It makes me want to cry everytime that I remember I can't go to Tora-con to see you guys. I'm, like, just across a few miles away, too! So close...but so far away. T^T

Curse you final exams!

On cake? No, not crunchy

Comment by Alain (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 14:32

On cake? No, not crunchy enough.

Spread out on otherwise bland English tea biscuits. Yes, that would be perfect.

Mmm... totally stealing the recipe

Comment by Mz.Vee (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 19:23

Thanks for the awesome recipe... I might try and cut the cream down and add peanut butter to some chocolate pudding. Thanks so much! Also I am so in the same boat about cooking, my children sometimes won't eat what I make... :(
But again thanks!

Mmm... totally stealing the recipe

Comment by Mz.Vee (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 19:23

But again thanks!

Aww.

Comment by The Entire Business (Gleevee Co.) (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 22:54

"Glee (Salem): Aww. Another con they're at that we won't be able to see."
"Matt: Aye. T'bad they doon't goo to any cons in Ireland."
"Drake: Really, Matt? We're not even there, yet. Save your poor accent for later."
"Matt: :< "
"Jamie: That's enough. On to the comic! Salem would do this. Completely. He likes sugar too much."

"Glee: NOT FAT!"

"Jamie: Uh-huh....

Anyhow.... It's notable that John always seems to have a very serious or intense face on. ALWAYS. I can understand why you're scared of him.....Sort of. VERY funny, as usual and OHGODthunder. I'll sum this up quickly: Totally awesome comic, wish we could visit you, can't, regret, shame, have fun. BUH-BYE. "
----------------------------
CONNECTION LOST.....

D'awwh.

Comment by Alli (not verified) Wed, 04/21/2010 - 22:57

You guys have to come to more conventions near where I live! Not that there are really many in the first place. ^^;

+1 Reader!

Comment by Wings223 (not verified) Thu, 04/22/2010 - 08:25

You guys were like, waaay towards the bottom of the Tora-con guest page. After a bunch of voice actors I don't really care about, suddenly... Hey, I've read that comic before!! And then I read it all again and added it to my RSS. :3

I look forward to seeing you there!!

John

Comment by Chance (not verified) Tue, 04/12/2011 - 12:37

I wish to hug John. Just sayin.

o_o

Comment by BG (not verified) Mon, 05/23/2011 - 14:47

I WILL MAKE THIS. <3 @ frosting

I turned the last panel into

Comment by CameoAppearance (not verified) Sun, 01/13/2013 - 10:43

I turned the last panel into a reaction image for Tumblr! I hope you do not mind. I kept your URL on it so people would know where it came from. http://media.tumblr.com/7de4c36fd9a15cf5aadd8b5673d9e2c2/tumblr_inline_m...